Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Waterford Lakes
529 N Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32828Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Waterford Lakes
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 4073742464x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 407-374-2464x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Waterford Lakes
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Waterford Lakes - Best Restaurants in Waterford Lakes ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Waterford Lakes reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (234)special occasion (197)fit for foodies (170)neighborhood gem (153)good for groups (138)romantic (126)hot spot (112)vibrant bar scene (66)great for lunch (63)late-night find (38)great for outdoor dining (31)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (17)scenic view (3)Show More
- Yummy AppretizersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I shared the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Pork Belly Tostadas and Carne Asada Flatbread. It was more than enough food to fill us up, and everything tasted so fresh and delicious!
- Great food and wine.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Everything was very good. Service staff was knowledgeable and attentive. Would skip the calamari next time as it was over cooked and subpar compared to everything else. Great lobster bisque and scallops. Everyone in our party loved their dishes. Only con was that it was very loud. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal waiter - "Daniel"WineishealthyDined on 10/15/2014I come to your restaurant regularly and one of your waiters has stood out above all others. His name is Daniel and he has a beard. Very personable and knowledgeable. Goes the extra mile in ensuring the customers' needs are satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Luvgr8foodnambvianceDined on 10/13/2014Food and service is always outstanding! The wines are wonderful. The cheese flight fabulous for pairing with their wines. Dinners are always outstanding. Highly recommend for a romantic dinner or girls night. The only negative is service in bar area is rarely good. They need more servers at bar seating. Highly recommend reservations...when seated in dining room service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tsingDined on 10/13/2014As always Coopers Hawk Impresses. Great staff and amazing food.
- FoodyDined on 10/13/2014My appetizer (Chicken Lettuce Wraps) were great!! After that my meal went downhill. I ordered the Hawks Crusted chicken which was served swimming in "Oil"/"Grease". I explained to my watress I did not care for it and she appeared annoyed. At that point I was fearful of ordering anything esle so I settled for :Chicken Tortilla Soup (it was just okay ....nothing special) When asked about dessert I decided to give it one last try. I had the Banana bread ice cream sandwich (I did not care for that either). The entree was removed from my bill but I expected a visit to the table from the manager. Well what I got was a bit disappointing...The manager did come to the table but offered no apology (and this was my 1st visit there after hearing rave reviews). He said:"You two have a nice evening" that was it! That was my 1st visit and my LAST!!!!Special Features:
- Service: A++; Food: BBridgetGDined on 10/11/2014With the exception of my husband’s entrée we enjoyed our meal. We were handed a glass of sparkling wine upon entrance. We were seated for our reservation immediately. Our server, Clay, was very knowledgeable on the wines and helped us select several for tasting. My dinner of roasted veggie flat bread and Caesar salad was very good (although I add a lot more garlic in my Caesar dressing). My husband did not care for the Chicken Saltimbocca. The artichokes were mushy and the sauce was too thick and not well-seasoned. He told our server that it wasn’t bad enough to send back and did not want to make an issue of it. Clay still provided excellent service by removing the cost of the entrée from our bill. Superb service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Driving To.TheGavelDined on 10/11/2014Large selection of food items prepared to perfection with service that is friendly, efficient, and very professional. Eating there....regularly....is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fri Night At Cooper's Hawkdfm1701Dined on 10/10/2014Great atmosphere, and all our food choices were outstanding - the crusted grouper, seared tuna, the scallops, and the chicken picatta. Of the wines, the lux cab and lux meritage were quite good, the unoaked chard was drinkable, but all the rest ranged from "meh" to spit-it-out awful. The sparklings were truly dreadful, with the blanc de blanc having an aftertaste of used fuel oil and the flavored bubblies being worse. Most of the whites were overly sweet, maybe suitable for middle schoolers but definitely not for an adult palate. All that said, I would go back again for the food alone, and just stick with the meritage, shiraz, and cab. They need to go back to square 1 on the bubblies, though. Stunningly horrid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent New Restaurant!TCBOrlandoDined on 10/7/2014This is the first time visiting Cooper's Hawk. It was refreshing and unique. A great place for business entertainment, family dinner, and intimate dinners for two.Special Features:
- Cooper's fun nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014I enjoyed the atmosphere of Cooper's Hawk. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The short rib risotto was amazing and the stuffed mushrooms delicious. Everyone loved the flat iron steak it is a keeper. Service was well-timed and friendly, pricey wines are very affordable if you are a wine club member.Special Features:
- Wine and DineNan07Dined on 10/7/2014I loved the relaxed feel of this place and would definitely return to try more of their wines and seafood dishes. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable.Special Features:
- Food good. Service abysmalMikeWDined on 10/6/2014This the second time we have been here, this time for our wedding anniversary, and I had hoped the poor service the first time was an aberration, it wasn't! Bill wrong, waitress almost spilled stuff twice, I had to pour the wine. When we arrived the sample sparkling wine was flat, "Oh it's probably been sitting in the glass" was the response. No attempt to get a fresh glass or anything! "You Guys" is how were addressed. This is not Denny's!!! As commented food was good, not particularly inventive but well prepared. Will we go back again, for the price we paid, probably not. Many alternatives are available where they train their staff!Special Features:
- Absolutely fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Food was fantastic and the service was terrific!! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room temperature, soggy foodDisappointedDined on 10/5/2014Clearly, the restaurant has a great ambiance and they have an extensive wine list. But the food is not very good.Special Features:
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Tried restaurant for first time-was very pleased. Food was exceptional. Service was friendly and quick. Great place to meet with friends. Noise level was acceptable for a lively restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Lunch SpotGrumpyDined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed having lunch here. Our Server Luis was excellent. He was very accommodating to our needs for drinks and spacing of our meals to be able to enjoy our appetizers, soups, and entrée. We look forward to returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food So So ServiceYeyo2010Dined on 10/3/2014The Restaurant is very beautiful, vey nice ambient with proper lighting. The aroma of wine barrel is identifiable from the entrance. Unfortunately the service left much to be desired. Our waitress sounded more like a car salesman trying to get us to buy the wine club membership. She forgot to bring wiine glasses after we bought a bottle of wine, the food was auctioned at the table when the main courses arrived, silver was cleared from the table after the appetizers and never replaced. We also mentioned on our open table reservation that we were celebrating a birthday and our server had no idea about our request. Food was delicious but service must improve before we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we had one in Jax!Jaxcmm22Dined on 10/3/2014I'm very sorry we can only enjoy this place when in Orlando. The food and service were outstanding and it has the neatest wine shop attached to it; there's almost no one you couldn't find a great gift for in there and SO many wines to choose from. Really hoping we eventually get one in Jacksonville!Special Features:
- Great foodOrlandofoodieDined on 10/2/2014Fantastic food with a nice setting. Fast fresh and delicious food. But pricey if your on a budget but we'll worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ Food and ServiceDannysgirlDined on 10/1/2014As wine club members, we dine at least once a month. Food and service is always top notch. This last visit was best ever. Food flavors were AMAZING! Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am in love with this place!wineisfineDined on 9/26/2014Food and wine were amazing! Can not wait to go back. Joined the wine club. Excited for my first bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coopers Hawk was AwesomeJackieDined on 9/24/2014One of the best places I have eaten. The service , food and everything was top notch. I can't stop talking about it to friends, etc. What a great addition to East Orlando. I had the shorts ribs they were wonderful. My sister had beef medallions and my other friend had pasta with chicken. We had pot stickers for appetizer. This is an awesome restaurant and we will all be back many many times!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents 47th AnniversaryLilLilVIPDined on 9/23/2014Dinner was lovely--always good service, food and wine!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerTexaSwedishDined on 9/23/2014Hello! My husband and I ate here on our 9 year wedding anniversary and really loved it. We live in Titusville, FL where the selection of restaurants that offer quality dining do not exist. I purely chose Cooper's Hawk because of the reviews I found online. We were not disapointed, I was especially pleased because I am gluten intolerant and the Gluten Free menu was fantastic. We will be back and this time with friends and family. Thank you!!!!Special Features:
- Great date night!JohnM1964Dined on 9/20/2014I stumbled on this place a few weeks ago and it was packed and would have been a long wait. So we decided to come back and I surprised my girlfriend with a great date on Saturday night. Signed up for the Wine List and got to do the wine tasting first which I totally would recommend first before dinner. Awesome place definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & wine, poor serviceToddDined on 9/20/2014When we arrived in the afternoon on Saturday, the place was practically empty but we did go early afternoon. However that being said, it was extremely hard to figure out, why the service was super slow. After 10 minutes, we finally had a server come to our table and asked if we have been served yet. We said no and he then said let me go find out who your server is. This guy came back, went over the wine menu with us while we waited on our server. Another 10 minutes went by, before our server made it over to our table. He never introduced himself, forgot to give my wife her sample of wine, and it was 25 minutes before we even received any water. Great food, great wine, we just hope if we come back, we'd have a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningLukeDined on 9/19/2014Great food, great service. The wine is exceptional and the selection is without compromise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisyWCD745Dined on 9/19/2014The food and service was good, but it was so loud that we were unable to hold a conversation. There was a table, in particular, that was extremely loud. Others around us were having the same problem. One person approached us to let us know that they asked the waiter to ask them to lower their voices but this did not stop them. The sounds bounce off the walls. Something should be done about this. The food could have been hotter. The Gnocchi was cool in spots so not warm all the way through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit- Great ExperienceWow4MiamiDined on 9/19/2014From wine, to food, to our wonderful waiter-John- we really enjoyed ourselves! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Food was amazing!!ProfessionalFoodieDined on 9/19/2014The turkey burger was amazing. The burger was surprisingly juicy and flavorfull. Other items ordered were common cuisines with flare and surprisingly subtle differences making our dining experience overly enjoyable. Wines were matched on the menu making pairing with food choices easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!EnjoyfoodDined on 9/18/2014I've been to Cooper's Hawk twice for lunch and once for dinner. Each time was a great experience. The food and wine are delicious, and servers are helpful and friendly. My favorite appetizers are the crab cakes and the ahi tuna tacos! It's great to be offered a of wine before ordering.I'll go often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Dining for UCF AreaSParrishDined on 9/18/2014Until now the University of Central Florida area only had chain restaurants, fast food, and small places geared for the college crowd. This place has a nice wine tasting aea, nice wide variety menu and elegant surroundings. something for everyone on the menu - seafood, beef, pork, chicken, veggie, healthy. The wine parings ae endless. Great for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionHappydinerDined on 9/16/2014The service, food, wine, and atmosphere was superior. Servers and manager very attentive. Celebrated son's birthday; server brought special dessert and asked option to sing or not. My son being a private person was very appreciative to have the choice to decline and enjoy his dessert. I will definitely return and bring visiting family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our service was amazing. Clay and Stuart were particularly great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, awesome service!!PerlaODined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious. We always make it a point to get the pork belly tostadas....and I normally don't like pork!! Oh and the steak....perfect! The service was on par with the food. Danny was really attentive and funny. If you're looking for a great date night I would suggest you make a reservation and get there an hour before for a wine tasting. You'll score major points for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeJodyDined on 9/13/2014Cooper's Hawk is a nice, consistent place to visit--on both occasions the food was very good and I would certainly go again. I am particularly impressed that, even on a crowded Saturday night the restaurant kept to the reservation time. The menu is also suitable for people with all types of tastes. I look forward to returning again soon.Special Features:
- Fun with FriendsFantasticFoodie52Dined on 9/13/2014Really enjoyed another dinning experience at Cooper Hawk. We had friends join us for party of 8. One other couple had dinned there before the other two had night. They were impressed by the wine selection as well as the quality of the food. I usually ordered a large salad but decided to try the chicken maderia. It was outstanding! Very flavorful with mashed potatoes and asparagus. One of our friends eats gluten free and was impressed with the menu as well as her salmon dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I have been to the restaurant 3 times and all of them have been great. I highly recommended to my friendsSpecial Features:
- Great 41st Wedding anniversaryPoeyCarrieDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated our 41st anniversary there and had a wonderful time and the food and service was fantastic!!!! If you choose to dine here ask for Danny as your server. He is outstanding!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.