Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
4110 West Boy Scout Road
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8138739463
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8138739463x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
358 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (240)special occasion (209)good for groups (206)fit for foodies (154)hot spot (142)vibrant bar scene (140)great for lunch (119)romantic (107)great for outdoor dining (59)neighborhood gem (53)great for brunch (35)kid-friendly (33)late-night find (31)scenic view (22)Show More
- Food and service top notchKaybarnesVIPDined on 9/19/2014Everything was great! Love the food and our server was awesome! We'll be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBirthdayDined on 9/18/2014The Mexican shrimps were amazing! Great birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014A group of 6 went to celebrate a co-worker's birthday. Our lunch "hour" slowly turned into an almost 2 hour affair as the service was anything but fast. We arrived at 11:45 which we felt would work for an hour lunch. One of our diners is Vegan and had so noted on the reservation. However, when the vegan entree was ordered and a substitution condiment was requested, it never arrived. There are also no appetizers fit for a vegan who does not consume dairy. One member of our party ordered the soup of the day, cream of mushroom, and the sodium content was so high after 2 bites it could not be eaten.Special Features:
- knowledgeable waitress excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I don't believe my experience would have been as great if it had not been for the customer service Holly brought to us. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Nice restaurant with good food and a nice variety of different offerings. Wine tasting is fun and something different. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, a great night out.diner9erDined on 9/13/2014Dined on a busy Saturday night and Cooper's Hawk didn't disappoint. Met some friends that had never been before and had a pre dinner tasting at the tasting bar, A great dinner with a couple of bottles of wine and dessert. Couldn't ask for a better time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to entertaindinefindDined on 9/13/2014We have enjoyed Cooper's Hawk on multiple occasions. So much so, that it's our first choice when entertaining.Special Features:
- Hubby's birthdayFoxyroxy42Dined on 9/12/2014My co-workers recommended this restaurant as a good place to surprise my husband for his birthday. Neither of us had been here previously. We loved the ambience, outstanding food and service. The waitress was a little pushy on getting us to sign up for a wine membership but this wasn't overly annoying. I had requested a separate table for us in my online reservation that was not accommodated but this was not a deal breaker. We will definitely revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundRabbit9664Dined on 9/12/2014Dressy or casual, romantic or with a group...this is an excellent dining spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Quite up to ParwineloverDined on 9/11/2014I am a wine club member who dines at Cooper's Hawk almost monthly and this is the first time I wasn't "wowed" by the food. I ordered the chef's dinner special, which was a shrimp risotto with fresh asparagus and corn. While it was tasty, it was rather bland. I realize everyone's taste for spices is different, but this could have used a little more flavor. Our waitress was great about bringing some lime, seasoning and siracha sauce, which provided the "kick" this dish needed.Special Features:
- NoelDined on 9/6/2014I will definitely return to try more dishes. And will also recommend to friends and family. Customer services / waiters or waitresses make good recommendation on dishes such as drinks, main dish, desert and appetizer. I did not see any managers around to check on their customers. But that's okay.Special Features:
- Surprise!hawkmeDined on 9/6/2014This is my second visit to Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant, and once again, I was very happy that I chose CHW&R to celebrate my friend's birthday. Our server was on top of everything, especially since I am Gluten Intolerant. The food and wine selection is unbelievable...it was truly hard to decide what to order! The wine and the entrées were delicious, as well as, the surprise complimentary birthday dessert!! It was a wonderful culinary experience and a perfect way to celebrate a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, Great Service!!PastorEdman34Dined on 9/5/2014I'm definitely putting on my favorite list,it was a true romantic dinning experience,I had the Red Wine braised short ribs with Mary's Potatoes excellent combination!!! The Syrah what a beautiful blend I loved it!!! 👌👌👌👌👌Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now in TampaTeddyPDined on 9/3/2014I been to Cooper's Hawk in IL and was happy to hear when they opened in Tampa! For apps, the flatbreads are great, stuffed mushrooms.Special Features:
- Graet WineTrinitydinersDined on 9/3/2014Never had been here before but plan to make this at least a monthly stop. We joined the wine club so pick up our selections monthly. What a great deal...$5 wines (any kind) from 3-6 even in the dining room. Plus the food was delicious. I had filet mignon and my husband had skirt steak. Both done to perfection and potatoes and fresh vegetables came with it. No a la carte which makes it a very affordable meal.Special Features:
- Great as usual!diner9erDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful meal, great wines and unique atmosphere. A superb dining experience all the way around. Next time we go, we're bringing friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehSpoiledJDined on 8/30/2014Mediocre wines, mass produced food, and dining room was too loud, too large and the opposite if intimate. This is just another chain...
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent, the service was top notch, and the prices were reasonable for the level of food and service received. We were really impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Mediocre ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food and wine were delicious. I expected the service to be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High standards were met!JuleslemDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed our anniversary night out and coopers and hawk made it exceptional. We got to taste several types of wine and landed on the house blend. It was perfect. The meals were excellent. We have surf and turf and the filet medallions. They ended our evening with a light selection of sweets and lovely happy anniversary design with complementary glass of champagne. Service was well coordinated and servers well versed on the menu and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotTampafoodDined on 8/29/2014It was a wonderful experience. Great service from the bar to our table. The food was to die for, a and the wine was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOkibDined on 8/29/2014The wine tasting was good, the food was enjoyable ...service with a smile. Fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Very good service. Even managers were helping with setting/clearing tables. Wait staff and receptionists very attentive. Food average. Slight wait for food.
- Amazing & fabTampaGemDined on 8/29/2014Love the option of sampling wines while waiting for your table, love the pairing of wines with all the dishes, love the warm, soft, pretzel bread served as you're seated, server Justin explained everything, including the wine club membership, food was excellent and great price point. Happy hour of $5 for all wines is terrific. Really fab experience from start to finish and we'll certainly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UpsetBem0110Dined on 8/28/2014My friends and I go to Cooper's hawk at least once a month for a girls night many months 2-3 times. I was extremely disappointed in our server; slow service, received wrong appetizer, check was incorrect, went most of the meal with an empty water glass, and wasn't very personable. Wasn't offered any wine tasting even though 2 out 5 people at the tAble were wine club members. My chicken was rubbery, and warm at best. Very sad since this is/was one of our favorite restaurants. Something has changed there Over the last 2 months we hope they can get back to the standard they were at months ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tampa FavoriteSoFLDininggirlVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always dependable, great service and good food. Wine excellent and a great happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- businessdinnerDined on 8/26/2014Good for a business dinner. Excellent wine selection and entrees were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No chanceskitownerVIPDined on 8/25/2014Despite having a reservation I was told there would be a half hour wait - at the bar - before they could seat a table for two, with a half empty restaurant at 6:30. Bush league. I left and I won't go back. This place is for tourists and the ignorant. Honestly, I can't rate anything but the service, but that was so bad I wouldn't have enjoyed the food anyway.
- BettyDined on 8/23/2014We eat there frequently as we pick up our wine monthly. How about some chef specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 8/23/2014Above average in all respects. Good gluten free menu which is good for my wife.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Was very impressed with our server. It was a girls night out, and he was always available, yet did not interrupt our conversation. Did not like that it took over a half-hour to get our table, even though we had a confirmed reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must Tampa go-toJenniferCDined on 8/22/2014I'm a Tampa native and have been going to Cooper's Hawk since it opened in early 2013 and it is an outstanding restaurant that I highly recommend. The food, wine, servers and service are all first class. What a great addition to Tampa! So glad it's here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014Noisy .........................................................................I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDisappointingDined on 8/22/2014Cooper's hawk is always a good place to go. It can get very loud but the service and food is great. My go to fave is the Dana's Parm crusted chicken.Special Features:
- Great food, Sad service.Luv2EatOutDined on 8/22/2014The food and wine were fantastic as always! However, our server wasn't the best. He had no pizazz whatsoever. He acted as though he would prefer to be anywhere else. Our party attempted to engage him with little success. We asked if the chef had any specials for the evening, and the response was so curt I was shocked. I had on white pants and didn't want to use a black napkin so I asked for a white one. I received cocktail napkins from the bar. Really? We practically had to beg for time to ask him a question and to place our order. We love the restaurant, and didn't let the server dampen our night out with friends, but it certainly was not the service I would expect from such a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014First time patrons; Food was great, wine was nice. Our host, Bonita was outstanding. Professional, attentive, yet gave us our space and was therre when we needed her. Give her a raise! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEatsVIPDined on 8/21/2014The salmon is always great and consistent. The burgers are big and delicious. Their pretzel bread is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I took my daughter and granddaughter to dinner. We arrived a few minutes early but were seated immediately. Service was good, waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. Food was superb as always. My granddaughter was impressed and not much impresses her. She will want to come back. We bought some wine and truffles too.Special Features:
- Always great food and service..foodsnobDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I have yet to be disappointed with anything at Cooper's Hawk. The food selection is outstanding and so much variation. We always come here for our special occasions since we start with the wine tasting before our meal and take our time through our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseDineTimeDined on 8/20/2014While most places that make their own wine are a usual disappointment, Coopers Hawk was a nice surprise. I had the LUX flight and was pleasantly surprised that every wine was well done - Pleasant to nose and Pallet - I did request that the Chardonnay be replaced with their Un-Oaked Chardonnay and they were happy to do it. It's VERY un-usaul for me to like every wine in a flight. The service was spot on, the kitchen was prompt and the fact that we were slowly working our way through the appetizer and Flatbread menu while sampling the wines was no problem. They were very accommodating.Special Features: