Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
4110 West Boy Scout Road
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8138739463
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8138739463x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
355 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (239)good for groups (211)special occasion (203)fit for foodies (165)hot spot (151)vibrant bar scene (141)great for lunch (109)romantic (102)neighborhood gem (57)great for outdoor dining (57)late-night find (34)great for brunch (30)kid-friendly (25)scenic view (22)Show More
- Coopers Hawk is a great placeKarenVIPDined on 10/21/2014Would recommend this place to locals and visitors alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for a groupDickDined on 10/20/2014Have gone a couple of times with different groups and we have had a great time on both occasions. The food portions are big and very easy to share the appetizers. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Kitchen didn't have a few desert items available that were on the menu (allegedly too burnt to serve). My grouper was rubbery (fresh from the freezer). And the wife's medium-well steak came out charred. Quality down substantially since a year ago. For the money will probably go elsewhere next time.Special Features:
- Amazing!Amanda12212VIPDined on 10/18/2014Amazing dining experience. Food was awesome and our server Jason was great! I recommend the appetizer sampler. It's phenomenol. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailsImpressedDined on 10/18/2014As a person on a gluten free diet, it was a very pleasant experience. I had noted the allergy on the reservation, on arrival when I was brought to our table and given a menu, it was gluten free. No fuss, no hassle, just done quietly and in good taste. Much appreciated. Wine, food, and service great. Wish is was a little quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great timeAndyNPRVIPDined on 10/18/2014It started with being seated promptly... Our server was great and of course the wine and dine experience was terrific. It's a great place to relax over a glass (or a flight) of wine and enjoy yourself. They have a wide selection of food which will appeal to anyone's palate.Special Features:
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Been wanting to try for awhile and loved it! The atmosphere was great, the food was delicious, and the service was fast. I went to celebrate my 10 year anniversary with my husband and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. This was one of my new favorites and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine time!DebfromFlDined on 10/16/2014Whats not to love about CH? Love the food - love the wine. At least a once a month visit for me to pick up my wine club wine and enjoy a great meal. Make reservations if you don't want to wait! Make sure you enjoy a wine tasting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerLMandBVDined on 10/14/2014Our server was awesome. He took very good care of us and even brought a birthday surprise for the person at our table celebrating her 75th. We did not as for that but he was thoughtful enough to do that.Special Features:
- Tastes/Feels like an Upscale ChainAbelN0MZDined on 10/11/2014After much buzz from friends about a new Tampa restaurant, I decided to take a look for myself. Super busy & "Energetic" as the noise level meter puts it...more like bad acoustics that make it very loud and noisy, which is not necessarily a deal breaker, but don't expect to have a quiet and romantic dinner. The food lacked substance. We had the sampler appetizer platter to start with. Familiar food I've had just about anywhere. Entrees were ok. Nothing special. The most notable thing is that the entire wine list is their brand of wine. The plus to this is that bottles average around $30, so it's super affordable for a larger group to have a meal & enjoy a few bottles of wine with dinner & feel fancy about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatdiner9erDined on 10/11/2014The more I dine at Cooper's Hawk, the more I like. The service, wine and food are all superb. Go in knowing that it's a little on the noisy side in the tasting room but lots of good energy and friendly people. The tasting room staff always make sure that everyone has a great time.Special Features:
- Had a great night!VinowithfriendsDined on 10/11/2014Celebrating a birthday with my closest friends! We enjoyed the wine tasting. Dinner was excellent and we look forward to coming back! Definitely a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeNateTheITguyDined on 10/11/2014The first time my girlfriend and I went here was on a whim (just happened to be down the road and needed to eat lunch). This time it was on purpose for dinner. Both times the food was excellent and I, a wine snob, was rather impressed with their wines. Give them a shot, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!LuvWineDined on 10/10/2014We went to CH with a party of 12 for a birthday celebration. The front wine bar/tastings were great, and we had descent service there. The food in the main room was tasty however our service was less than desired. It wasn't horrible, but you could tell the waiter was not happy to have a large party. He didn't even greet/welcome the group - just went right to the orders like a machine. In addition, the drinks took a while to arrive as well (20+ minutes). In the end we got permission to bring a cake in an outside vendor. But, the waiter did not know about it & when it came time for cake, he just plopped it down in front of the person in the box and walked away. So a little disappointing to say the least.Special Features:
- Excellent FindJustNewman1966Dined on 10/10/2014Coopers Hawk was a wonderful find and we had the best Waitress Stephanie(graduate student ) ......She made the experience excellent ! The food was very good and it was presently very nicely.....absolutley recommend this restaurant! Lux Cabernet Wine was excellentSpecial Features:
- Our server was so thoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Our server Karen was so thoughtful. When she learned we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, she provided us with two small glasses of wine to celebrate and also gave us a small dessert my wife and I shared. We really appreciated it. So glad we made the decision to invest in a wine club membership over a year ago to a restaurant that shows such attention to detail to its customers.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationKenTasticDined on 10/9/2014Brought my granddaughter for her birthday. She was thrilled with the restaurant atmosphere, food & wine. After the meal, the brought her out a special birthday surprise (chocolate covered strawberry) which was a very nice touch and a great end to a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!AlyceDined on 10/8/2014October's wine is good and I do like the lux meritage. We like Coopers very much. Their pork special was excellent.Special Features:
- Just like homeMellyChiDined on 10/5/2014I've been going to the original restaurant in Illinois for years and felt right at home at the Tampa location. The food was delicious. I had my favorite dish and was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemTrueBlueDined on 10/5/2014This is a great concept for dining and tasting wines at the same time. The restaurant is owned by the winery. They serve a variety of dishes. We specially appreciated the various appetizers on the menu. We highly recommend this restaurant to people who like to try different wines and enjoy some good food.Special Features:
- Great night spotdonnagDined on 10/4/2014Delicious appetizers ( pork belly tostadas ) to start, endless wine choices and scrumptious desserts ( banana carmel ice cream sandwich ) - a great dining experience from finish!Special Features:
- Great ambiance and environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014From the wine tasting room, which made me feel back in Napa to the dimly lit restaurant seating, this was a great find! The food was creative, amazing and moderately priced for the quality you get, plus you get this fun pour aeration experience when you purchase a bottle of wine with dinner.Special Features:
- always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014Always great. Nice wine - healthy food. Never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Happy as alwaysangela222VIPDined on 10/4/2014We love Cooper's Hawk and visit about once a month. The wine of the month for Oct was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Once again, we returned to Cooper's Hawk for a wonderful family dinner. On each occasion, we tried to include someone new to enjoy the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice work lunchGraphistaDined on 10/3/2014Cooper's is a convenient location to meet up for a weekday lunch with friends. It also makes a good impression when entertaining clients. The pretzel bread, flatbreads and salads are really great. My only complaint is how busy it can get for lunch and service gets a little slow. So far, it hasn't been bad enough to keep me from going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Lover's ChoiceSeasonedBizTravellerDined on 10/1/2014We enjoyed a delightful wine tasting in the entry way wine bar before sharing a most satisfying dinner. Great presentation. Wonderful assistance with wine pairings. Our greatest challenge was selecting from the wide variety of appetizers, cheeses and entrées. Though we had no room for dessert, we did manage to take some tantalizing chocolate truffles with us to enjoy later. We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was less than desirableDinner42Dined on 9/27/2014Appetizers were tasteless The Pistachio Encrusted Grouper was mushy, soggy and gelatinous Crab Cakes were round circles of something … and soggy? Scallops were over powered by too much salt.Special Features:
- First timeWineLoverDined on 9/27/2014Our first visit to Coopers Hawk. Will definitely go back ..we enjoyed the wine flights and cheese flights. Entrées were great. Service was borderline forgetful . Took home some wine from the retail store. Will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Great food and wine- def do a wine tasting prior to dinner to get your group ready for a food and wine adventure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CobraPilotDined on 9/27/2014Excellent!!! as always. The service was outstanding and food delicious. However, it was a little bit too noisy with the table next to us. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RPdiningDined on 9/26/2014Very friendly and helpful staff especially in the wine tasting. Varied and extensive selection of foods to fit a discerning public. All entrees were very good. The only exception was the chopped Mediterranean Salad was lacking.Special Features:
- Good food, great service, but noisyJoJoDined on 9/24/2014Food was great. Our party of three was seated near a private dining area. They were obviously having a good time, but that made the noise level much louder than anticipated. Our server was attentive and very polished. It was very refreshing to have good, old-fashioned service! I look forward to returning and tying something different on their fantastic menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great spotBertDined on 9/22/2014Cooper's Hawk is that place that you always want to at least visit once a month knowing that the food and wine is amazing. I could live on their delicious turkey burger alone and it is hard to stray away but I do recommend trying at least one thing from each category. I just had their jambalaya recently and it was so hearty and filling that it put me into a food coma. I am more than likely going to return to eat that once more before I try something else new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!JacksonsDined on 9/20/2014Great food, even greater service! Ambiance was perfect. Would def come back again!Special Features:
- daveshelleyDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I enjoyed it very much. It was our first time dinning at Coopers Hawk. The service was very good, fast to respond, knowledgeable of the wines and entree's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great good and wineNunzileeDined on 9/20/2014I belong to the wine club so we go every month. We have been there 3 times and the food and sevice have been outstanding each time! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightKatieMacDined on 9/19/2014Had the gnocchi carbonara, which was amazzzing. We also did the eggrolls, per the recommendation of the server and those were also excellent. Great atmosphere, excellent wine and knowledgeable/friendly/engaged staff.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Would definitely go back. Wonderful gluten free options. Fabulous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service top notchKaybarnesVIPDined on 9/19/2014Everything was great! Love the food and our server was awesome! We'll be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.