Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
100 W. Higgins Rd
South Barrington, IL 60010Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8478369463x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8478369463x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington - Best Restaurants in South Barrington ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington reviews from OpenTable diners
503 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (334)special occasion (329)good for groups (237)fit for foodies (203)great for lunch (177)romantic (172)great for outdoor dining (116)neighborhood gem (115)hot spot (115)vibrant bar scene (94)kid-friendly (55)great for brunch (50)late-night find (45)scenic view (10)Show More
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 9/2/2014Lunch on the patio .... just beautiful. We highly recommend the Ginger Soy Salmon which is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedKBinBartlettDined on 8/31/2014I have dined at this particular Cooper's Hawk quite a few times and have always experienced excellent service, delicious food and a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I go to the South Barrington Cooper's Hawk once a month. It's our date night! We set our reservations and arrive an hour to two hours earlier to enjoy a relaxing wine tasting. The staff is super friendly even when their extremely busy. And the management always goes out of their way to assure you're enjoying yourself and ask if their is anything more you need to make the night enjoyable. Food is very good with lots of inspiring varieties to the menu. Its fun to explore their different meals. The Blackened Ahi Tuna and the Country Rigatoni are incredible. Overall, an excellent place to frequent often. You'll never be disappointed!Special Features:
- Reservation Time Purpose?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We arrived 5 minutes before our reservation time and got seated 25 minutes after our reservation time. Similar sized groups were arriving 10-15 minutes after us and getting seated within minutes. 15 minutes after our reservation time had passed, we asked when we would be seated. The hostess indicated we were next, and apparently that meant we were "third" because 2 other similar sized tables (2-3 people) were seated and we still waited. Our waitress, food and wine were great and made up for the issues at the hostess station.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Windygal34Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, outstanding service, fantastic wine, and a festive atmosphere made for a wonderful anniversary celebration!Special Features:
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014The only complaint we had was the noise level. Hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014I have been to Cooper's Hawk several times and am never disappointed. The food is always excellent and the service is impeccable. I had the filet mignon medallions (2 with Parmesan crust & 1 with blue cheese crust), asparagus and instead of the mashed potatoes that comes with the meal, I had their Asian slaw. It was all so good! My husband had the surf and turf with the soy salmon, grilled vegetables, wasabi mashed potatoes and pretzel crusted pork. He said it was all very good, too. It was our anniversary so we shared a dessert (on them!!) and we had the creme brulee. That is our favorite and it is delicious! My husband and I don't drink alcohol but have heard their wine is wonderful, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the WineMixitupGreatDined on 8/28/2014A reservation is a must, they seem to have a big crowd almost everynight. Arrive an hour early, take your time with a wine tasting and soon your table will be ready. With dinner try the "Barrel Wine"Special Features:
- Business DinnerReedDined on 8/27/2014Good spot for business dinner - service and food excellent, not crazy expensive, for those who are not wine experts its nice to not have to pretend you know anything about wine since they have wine recommendations by each entree and these are reasonably priced. Noise was not a problem even though they were full, we had foreigners at the table and they had no issue hearing the conversation.Special Features:
- Good FriendsalwaysabouthefoodDined on 8/26/2014perfect dinner with friends that haven't seen in each other for a long timeSpecial Features:
- portionsstillhungryDined on 8/26/2014The service was great - the only thing I was shocked by was the portion sizes of the main entree -appetizers in other restaurants would have been largerSpecial Features:
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Food and service were spectacular! We appreciate the variety of the kids menu.Special Features:
- Great wine and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014The wait staff is knowledgeable about the wine and knows when to come to your table and when to stay back. The appetizers are phenomenal and the wine is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kathybDined on 8/24/2014Great overall dining experience. Good food, good service and great wines. Healthy options are very good. Steak prices are a little high, but are prepared beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceNickyDined on 8/24/2014We went to celebrate a birthday as a large group. Our server was amazing and truly the highlight of our experience. The Red Sangria was also a highlight. All of the appetizers were great.Special Features:
- Super CoopersCrystalBillDined on 8/24/2014Made early reservation on Sunday to find restaurant still packed. But with good energy, delicious food and wine what less to expect! Very nice place to enjoy a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Good atmosphere! A good place for date night or out with the girls for wine tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-the-top serviceJaniDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding service - outstanding food - outstanding wine!Special Features:
- CarrieDined on 8/23/2014We save up for special occassions to have a night out at Cooper's Hawk. It's our favorite fancy restaurant and I wish we could go all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableCharlieDined on 8/23/2014This was a first time visit at this restaurant. For not being visible from the street/road, it certainly was packed. I had never heard of this restaurant and I ran into it perusing the list on Open Table for my sons birthday. Everything was good. We received more than a few wine samples before deciding on a bottle of Gewurtztraminer. The lobster bisque soup was excellent. Our server was very friendly and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit expensive but worth it!!Love2TeachKidsDined on 8/23/2014The service here is first rate. The wine is fabulous and they will match it to a food item. This is really a great place to go for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Awesome food.MariaTVIPDined on 8/22/2014Loved the food, the wine, cocktails. Great customer service and willingness to satisfy customers!!! Loved the key lime pie too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccountanthappyandsadDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I have been going there 3 years for dinner, wine tasting and have had special parties of 30-60 people. We have loved the place, but we must say that it is changing. And not for the better. It seems that with your growth and success, you are changing things for the worse that made you successful. More corporate vs the small family feel it once was. Flexibility in menus for parties we once had are now not allowed. Soup seems more watered down. Portion sizes smaller. Don't change what made Coopers Hawk and great place for customers to go. We've noticed these things and so has others. Still one of our favorites, but these changes has made us go elsewhere for our parties and dinners resulting in lost business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We had an amazing waiter and gave us amazing recommendations. Defiantly a new place for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!lisaDined on 8/19/2014I am always impressed with the food and wine at Coopers Hawk, thank you for yet another wonderful memorySpecial Features:
- Always GoodnorsemanDined on 8/18/2014As usual, the service and food were great and the crowd seemed to be having a good time.Special Features:
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 8/18/2014The Soy Ginger Salmon will always be our favorite.....but, we have tried many other dishes and never been disappointed. Lunch or Dinner always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid steak and wine jointOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014We don't get out very often so when we do we like a good meal with good atmosphere. Cooper's Hawk fit that really well. Two people with appetizer, entrees and bottle of wine is going to run about $110.Special Features:
- Great place to dinedianajjDined on 8/16/2014Love Cooper's Hawk!!! Food and service great, love the wine!! Creme brulee is to die for!! We are in the wine club and really enjoy the wine tastings monthly. Staff very knowledgeable about the wine and food. Love it!!Special Features:
- Never disappointedMRCIIIDined on 8/16/2014we were there celebrating my parents 65th Wedding Anniversary...In error the waitress did not follow protocol with their celebration but when brought to management's attention they were incredible, they went way beyond what we expected!!...as always nothing but the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cooperfanDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and service. We were seated within minutes of our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingsuperbDined on 8/16/2014Is have visited Coopers Hawk restaurant in South Barrington and Naperville. The wait service was once again outstanding. The service only compliments the food. I had the surf and turf special which was phenomenal. I joined the wine club during this visit because I have enjoyed the broad wine selection at a reasonable price. I look forward to sampling a new wine each month. It won't be soon enough for our next visit. Keep up the wonderful, food, beverage and service Coopers Hawk!Special Features:
- Great menu!JimSDined on 8/15/2014We have been going to CH for years. Always try something new and have never been disapointed.Special Features:
- Great Food ~ Great Wine!Luv2WineDined on 8/15/2014We've been dining at Cooper's Hawk for many years now and have been wine club members for about two years. The wine tasting area can get a bit crowded during the dinner time rush, but no matter how crowded it is, the wine tasting servers take care of us. I have to say, Jeff is by far our favorite wine tasting server! The dinner menu is great and has many different choices. The servers are super friendly and the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly above averageBobDDined on 8/15/2014Cooper's Hawk was a nice change of pace, but nothing more special than other restaurants closer to us and less expensive. We're not winedrinkers, which seems to be a big item for CH.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedMRCIIIDined on 8/15/2014we have been wine club members there for many years and the food and service has always been great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but worth it!LeannDined on 8/13/2014Everything here is amazing- except the desserts, some of which are just too sweet without any other flavor as a counter balance. The food, wine, and cocktails are all fantastic. Even the pretzel bread that they automatically bring to the table is the best pretzel bread I've ever had.Special Features:
- We loved it!KathyGagaDined on 8/13/20144 of us met for lunch. None of us had ever been there. We loved it! Everything was perfect. The food was delicious, we loved the sparkling and fruit wines we had, and the service was impeccable. I highly recommend Cooper's Hawk to anyone.Special Features:
- Excellent server!PeanutDined on 8/12/2014Our server nick was very personable, knowledgeable and efficient. We love going to Coopers Hawk for the food and the service is wonderful as well. My only slight complaint is the seating hostess was not very friendly. Not a good evening or smile.Special Features:
- Gets better every visit!JCTellerDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary at Cooper's Hawk this past weekend. The food was outstanding, wine choices were delicious (the Lux Chardonnay is like ambrosia), and the service was attentive and impeccable. For an early Sunday evening it was a bit crowded, but that's the mark of a popular restaurant! We will definitely visit again in the future.Special Features: