Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
100 W. Higgins Rd
South Barrington, IL 60010Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8478369463x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8478369463x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington - Best Restaurants in South Barrington ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington reviews from OpenTable diners
502 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (324)special occasion (320)good for groups (239)fit for foodies (206)great for lunch (169)romantic (164)hot spot (124)great for outdoor dining (116)neighborhood gem (111)vibrant bar scene (91)kid-friendly (54)great for brunch (48)late-night find (44)scenic view (10)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014very over-rated for food, however I would strongly recommend the wine bar and wine cleb they offer. I would join just for the fun of joining my friends once a month to enjoy the great wines they offer!Special Features:
- We had a big group!MartheneVIPDined on 9/17/2014We had originally reserved a table for 12, then 2 more came in. The staff graciously accommodated us, even though the restaurant was very busy. The food was served in a timely manner and our group was well taken care of. Amazing serving staff here!Special Features:
- 30th Wedding AnniversarysquankyDined on 9/15/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and since we've been to Cooper's Hawk in the past we decided to go to dinner there. The fantastic service started when we approached the hostess desk she asked if we were celebrating any special occasions and we said our 30th, the hostess said congratulations and immediately we were brought to our table. Our waiter was Randall and he was great, as soon as he came to the table he congratulated us on our anniversary and brought a glass of Champagne. The food was great as usual, during our dinner the manager came by to wish us a happy anniversary, the Bartender, Missy, came by as well. All in all it was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerChefjefDined on 9/14/2014We had an excellent anniversary dinner. We were promptly seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time. The service provided by Lisa was warm & enthusiastic! As they knew it was a special evening they even provided complimentary champagne. Lisa was attentive & showed initiative as my wife wanted more of their addictive pretzel bread, I tried to dissuade her from filling up on it but Lisa wisely brought more. The women always stick together! LOL our meals were well prepared, I had soy ginger salmon & Parmesan crusted beef. We greatly enjoyed our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great placejpgeesDined on 9/14/2014We eat there often, we're wine club members, it's our favorite restaurant. The staff is always friendly and helpful and the food is always greatSpecial Features:
- Good food and service.Elgin14Dined on 9/13/2014I would recommend this restaurant to those looking for a romantic dinner or just a casual dinner with family and friends. The food was delicious and the service was good. If you like wine, it is very good too.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were out celebrating our 25th anniversary. What a special place to celebrate at. The food was outstanding as well as our server. We agreed that we have not had as fantastic of a dinner since our honeymoon. We will definately be back. The one downfall if you want to call it that, it was a bit loud to try to have a conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great but our server was fantastic. My steak came a bit more raw than I like and he waited for me to cut it and see if it will be okay. Once I said that I really would like it a bit more done, without any hesitation he took it back, cooked for another 2 minutes and it came back perfect. The attitude was amazing and I really appreciate it. I don't remember his name but if you can find it according to our reservation, please make sure he is recognized.Special Features:
- Wonderful ServicemgcameronDined on 9/13/2014The reservation system was to use and we were promptly seated upon arrival and greeted by our server. A member of our party is gluten free. The menu options were wonderful for her and the staff was very knowledgeable about her medical needs. The food was excellent and the white wine sangria is a must. Can't wait to go back! Background noise was a bit loud would be my only minor complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and main course, butChiTown23Dined on 9/13/2014The service, ambience and main course of food were great, but the apple pie was very dry and I could not eat it.Special Features:
- Parent's night outBobbyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Was a great night to spend with my wife. Sampled wines before dinner and found a wine of the month we loved. Medallions and Fillet were great as were the sides. Wines are always great. Glad I checked early in the week for a table as the diningroom fills up fast.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 9/13/2014Nicely done............................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Eveningcromer6Dined on 9/12/2014We have been to Cooper's Hawk on several birthday celebrations. We enjoy the atmosphere, the wine and the food. The wait staff has been efficient and friendly. We will go back.Special Features:
- Great ManagementMeandmyGirlDined on 9/12/2014We truly enjoyed our dining experience and were pleased to find that their wine actually was delicious. We had a small question on our check and I have never been more satisfied by the outcome delivered by the manager (Piermo?). Went way above and beyond to ensure we were totally happy.Special Features:
- Our 35th AnniversaryMikeDined on 9/8/2014Open Table did a great job with our reservation. Coopers Hawk really knows how to treat their customers. It was our anniversary, with just the slightest mention to our server, he brought us each a glass of sparkling wine to help us celebrate. Dinner was fantastic. I highly recommend the Surf and Turf. I had the and grouper and filet medallions and both were AWESOME. My wife had the seafood cannoli and it was awesome as well. The wine was excellent (Barbera Merlot) and all in all it was a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great food! Very Tasty!BruggysDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant, and we loved the food! We went there on several recommendations, and we were very happily surprised! We only wish it was closer to our home, we would probably go there once a week! Luved it!Special Features:
- Coopers HawkDCeats82Dined on 9/6/2014Love this place! Excellent food and service, great wine list!Special Features:
- Good Food, Great WineTurtle7698Dined on 9/6/2014The experience at the restaurant was fantastic! The meal was delicious and the wine paired perfectly with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceRadioFlyerDined on 9/6/2014We don't get here often but this last trip convinced us to return more often. Great service, varied menu, tasty entrees, & an energetic vibe that doesn't intrude on table conversation. The Hawk's wine has improved greatly over the years. While other wines remain a better price/value buy for your cellar, the wine here complements the food well. I ordered the "life balance" scallops (only 380 cal!) & was rewarded with 6 huge scallops in a very delicious grape tomato relish with basil & roasted cauliflower. My husband's seared ahi was perfect, as was the jambalaya our guests ordered. We wisely resisted the many tempting appetizers & salads, as the generous portions satisfied, & we had BD cake waiting so no desserts--more choices for next time!Special Features:
- Pretty goodPeterKDined on 9/6/2014They were very accommodating to our group since 2 of the 6 arrived very late due to a major traffic problem. Our waiter was attentive & the service was very good. I found the food good and well prepared and the wine was not bad but nothing stood out to me or my wife. Nothing exceptional. I would go back but not out of my way.Special Features:
- luvtoeatDined on 9/6/2014Food and service always consistent. We have been eating at this location for both lunch and dinner for several years and have never had a bad meal. Also wine club member and love the wine.Special Features:
- wine tastingUncleJJDined on 9/5/2014Great place to experience different kinds of wine. We had a girl named Aimee pouring our wines and she was very knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A decent night out.CaliforniansDined on 9/4/2014This was our first night here for dinner. Our reservation was honored on time with no waiting. Our server was very energetic and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. The nice thing about dining in, is that you're allowed to sample two wines before you order and each course has a correlating number to a wine pairing suggestion. One of us had the short ribs and on the scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 6. It was ample food on the plate, however the short ribs were not as tender as I thought they could be. The overall flavor was good but the vegetables were overly firm. The other person had the short rib risotto. Out of 10, this would probably rank around 7. The shrimp appetizer was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No PowerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Unfortunately we drove all the way there to find out they had no power
- I would definitely go back for moreburbydiner74Dined on 9/3/2014It was our first time there for a date and we loved it. The service was wonderful and the wines were delicious. We did the flight and cheese pairing which was lots of fun -Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFlamingoVIPDined on 9/3/2014Our recent visit was to celebrate a birthday. The food was delicious - especially the steaks. The clam-lobster bisque was excellent, containing lots of clam and lobster pieces. And we also tried the pretzel bread pudding, as it was a celebration. Fabulous!!!!!!!!! Did I mention they have an amazing wine collection??!! A great experience you shouldn't miss.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDonnaODined on 9/2/2014We went here for lunch with another couple. I can't say enough about the food and service. Our waitress asked if we were celebrating anything. (We were) and supplied each of us with a complimentary glass of their sparkling wine. We each ordered a flight of wine and a lunch entree. The ginger soy salmon was outstanding. My husband enjoyed his pork tenderloins and our friends raved about the chicken giadinera. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 9/2/2014Lunch on the patio .... just beautiful. We highly recommend the Ginger Soy Salmon which is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistently ExcellentWinewithmeVIPDined on 8/31/2014We have been to C.H. once a month for the past year after joining the wine club. We start with a wine tasting - very fun because of the variety, friendly wine stewards, and mingling with other tasters. Then we have dinner - we enjoy dining in both the dining room and the bar. The servers are consistently outstanding - some now recognize us, and automatically bring a gluten-free menu for my girlfriend. The pretzel bread to start off is just what is needed after the wine tasting. The flatbreads are very good appetizers. The lobster bisque is one of the best I've ever had. The steak salad is excellent, as is the trio of medallions, the salmon, and Annie's chicken. And the bottled wines are excellent for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedKBinBartlettDined on 8/31/2014I have dined at this particular Cooper's Hawk quite a few times and have always experienced excellent service, delicious food and a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJackieDined on 8/31/2014Good food, great wine and a fun place to visit. We have never been disappointed in the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite RestaurantMakingOurOwnRoadDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I go to the South Barrington Cooper's Hawk once a month. It's our date night! We set our reservations and arrive an hour to two hours earlier to enjoy a relaxing wine tasting. The staff is super friendly even when their extremely busy. And the management always goes out of their way to assure you're enjoying yourself and ask if their is anything more you need to make the night enjoyable. Food is very good with lots of inspiring varieties to the menu. Its fun to explore their different meals. The Blackened Ahi Tuna and the Country Rigatoni are incredible. Overall, an excellent place to frequent often. You'll never be disappointed!Special Features:
- Reservation Time Purpose?JoyjoyDined on 8/30/2014We arrived 5 minutes before our reservation time and got seated 25 minutes after our reservation time. Similar sized groups were arriving 10-15 minutes after us and getting seated within minutes. 15 minutes after our reservation time had passed, we asked when we would be seated. The hostess indicated we were next, and apparently that meant we were "third" because 2 other similar sized tables (2-3 people) were seated and we still waited. Our waitress, food and wine were great and made up for the issues at the hostess station.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Windygal34Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, outstanding service, fantastic wine, and a festive atmosphere made for a wonderful anniversary celebration!Special Features:
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014The only complaint we had was the noise level. Hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodJuliaDined on 8/30/2014I have been to Cooper's Hawk several times and am never disappointed. The food is always excellent and the service is impeccable. I had the filet mignon medallions (2 with Parmesan crust & 1 with blue cheese crust), asparagus and instead of the mashed potatoes that comes with the meal, I had their Asian slaw. It was all so good! My husband had the surf and turf with the soy salmon, grilled vegetables, wasabi mashed potatoes and pretzel crusted pork. He said it was all very good, too. It was our anniversary so we shared a dessert (on them!!) and we had the creme brulee. That is our favorite and it is delicious! My husband and I don't drink alcohol but have heard their wine is wonderful, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains a Top PickJackP99Dined on 8/29/2014We have been to Cooper's Hawk more times than I can even estimate, and the wine tasting and dining experience is always top notch.Special Features:
- Enjoy the WineMixitupGreatDined on 8/28/2014A reservation is a must, they seem to have a big crowd almost everynight. Arrive an hour early, take your time with a wine tasting and soon your table will be ready. With dinner try the "Barrel Wine"Special Features:
- Business DinnerReedDined on 8/27/2014Good spot for business dinner - service and food excellent, not crazy expensive, for those who are not wine experts its nice to not have to pretend you know anything about wine since they have wine recommendations by each entree and these are reasonably priced. Noise was not a problem even though they were full, we had foreigners at the table and they had no issue hearing the conversation.Special Features:
- Good FriendsalwaysabouthefoodDined on 8/26/2014perfect dinner with friends that haven't seen in each other for a long timeSpecial Features: