Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
100 W. Higgins Rd
South Barrington, IL 60010Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8478369463x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8478369463x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington - Best Restaurants in South Barrington ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington reviews from OpenTable diners
479 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (310)special occasion (288)good for groups (221)fit for foodies (211)romantic (156)great for lunch (142)hot spot (132)neighborhood gem (107)vibrant bar scene (88)great for outdoor dining (86)kid-friendly (50)late-night find (33)great for brunch (29)scenic view (11)Show More
- Disappointing...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014Seems the service can't keep up with the volume. Group was placed at the busiest (high traffic) table in the place (front corner by entry and by server pathway), 1 entree was completely wrong, 1 soup was cold, server didn't return to check how things were, so the guest with the wrong meal chose to eat it anyway. Food quality is okay at best, but both it, and the service have gone downhill the last 12 months. However, they still seem to pack in every single person they can. The good news for those that continue to enjoy it, you'll have 5 less people to compete with for space.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014I've never been disappointed here. Our service has always been excellent and the food has always been outstanding. The chicken saltimbocca is one of my favorites and I've never been disappointed in the steak. The steaks are alway cooked to my liking and seasoned well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday it was!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Kim our server was amazing! The staff was great. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine! I highly suggest the bacon wrapped shrimp as an app, and their steak was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch and gluten free menuDermmomDined on 10/27/2014Always love this place and usually get Thai Lettice wraps which are terrific but got BBQ chicken salad this time which was also good on the healthy menu. Also waitstaff is great at keeping drinks refilled. Couple small glitches this go around-messed up my companion's order but righted it and didn't bring anything for bday celebration-although it was mentioned when I checked in. NBD as she didn't want dessert necessarily but still.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy but greatdinewithfamilyDined on 10/25/2014Too noisy but otherwise great! The food was good. There was confusion in the service as we got the appetizer that we had not ordered and the soup did not come in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014We went with another couple. Clearly the wine is the focus here, which isn't a problem with us. They were knowledgeable about their wines and always willing to sample any to us. I got the risotto with braised short rib in it. Outstanding. Our friends got 2 of the chicken dishes which were very good too. My husband, though, got a filet mignon. They served him FROZEN broccoli as the side. Seriously????? You can't get fresh broccoli? I was floored by this. At the price point of this restaurant and our bill (over $200.00) they should serve fresh vegetables. Very poor choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulrassyDined on 10/25/2014This was better than I remember it a year ago. I love the new balance menu and options. We usually go only for special reasons but maybe now we don't wait for thatSpecial Features:
- Good food and great wine.JackieDined on 10/25/2014As always we had a great experience. Enjoyed our wine tasting before dinner. Food was great and our waitress was the best. She went above and beyond to give us the best experience.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC EATERY!!GiaKamDined on 10/25/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at Cooper's Hawk, and highly recommend it!!!Special Features:
- Continues to PleaseJackP99Dined on 10/24/2014We love meeting people in the wine tasting room and chatting with the great staff. I tried the shaved prime rib sandwich and it was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Wine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We love Cooper's Hawk, however Barrington needs a bigger wine tasting area.Special Features:
- Great dining experience - as alwaysLindaDined on 10/24/2014Cooper's Hawk is the place we go when we want an excellent dinner and great service. We were there friday night for dinner and our waiter could not have been more knowledgeable or helpful. When I couldn't decide between the grouper or beef medallions, he recommended the surf and turf so I could get both! And both were excellent!! Definitely a first class dining experience!Special Features:
- Big menu but not big flavorSeasaidhVIPDined on 10/24/2014This is a restaurant that remains popular. They have a huge menu, lots of choices, We had an appetizer plate with tacos, crab cakes, potstickers and calamari. It was ok. The calamari was nowhere near the wonderful fresh calamari I had at other restaurants. For an entree, I had the scallops. I couldn't eat them -- there was an off-taste and they didn't seem fresh. I ended up having some of the ginger salmon my friends ordered and that was better. The mashed potatoes with the salmon dish were delicious -- soft, fluffy and flavorful. It's interesting that the waiter never questioned why I left all the scallops on my plate -- usually waiters notice and ask why.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!SparkysDined on 10/22/2014A dear friend and myself chose Coopers to celebrate her move since both of us had previously enjoyed your restaurant .....we had 6:15 reservations and were seated at 6:10pm From the moment we were seated, everything was 5 star service. The server introduced herself (don't remember her name, had a ponytail and was training a girl). Both of them were wonderful! They gave us the appropriate amount of attention, information and suggestions to make our dining experience perfect. The food was fabulous! From the flatbread beginning to the Choclate bread pudding we enjoyed every bite!Special Features:
- etodd1Dined on 10/22/2014We had reservations; were seated immediately upon our arrival. Great waitress; took our drink order, followed-up with our selection from the menu. The wait for the food was very reasonable. The food was prepared and served to perfection. We had a delightful dinner, a great dining experience, and highly recommend Cooper's Hawk to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 10/21/2014Dining on the patio is a true delight, but now that the weather has changed it's back inside in their beautiful dining area. Our favorite will always be the Soy Salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Babymama76Dined on 10/20/2014Great food! Love the wine! I always enjoy coming here because the service is excellent and it is a fun experience to dine here. The servers are knowledgeable and the location is managed well to ensure customers receive a wonderful dining experience there. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartlettBartlettDined on 10/18/2014Our waiter was outstanding. He was very busy but always stopped by to see if we needed anything. He even found time to pick up the wine I needed for a few months I hadn't had time to get.Special Features:
- First time, but won't be the last!vdominguez87Dined on 10/18/2014I made my reservation through Open Table, for the first time and was pleased to receive an instant confirmation email. The restaurant was wonderful over all...food was delishious and service was great. Look forward to going back one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BuckeyeDined on 10/17/2014Both food and service was outstanding! I highly recommend this restaurant and also the wine club- can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Met our family for dinner,our server was the best! Food, drinks were outstanding. Had a wonderful time.oh the Almond champagne is great! This is one of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Always wonderful either for lunch or dinner. The Soy Salmon is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Service was outstanding. Food was excellent. The tostado appetizer is a must try. I will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- A great dining experience, 5 starsMotorcyclegrammaDined on 10/15/2014We keep going back, the food has never disappointed. Make sure you get the pretzel bread, a must! We both love to try a new item each time we go, I've even had food I've never tried before..delicious! The service staff is very informed and friendly. We both agree that the wine is another reason to go here, the staff is well informed about them and we have not had one we didn't like, which is surprising as I'm not much of a red wine drinker and have enjoyed a few of the reds. Overall, we prefer to go here instead of a steak house or highend restaurant as this one has both great food along with reasonably priced wine. Having a wine tasting bar is an added plus when you have extra time or just want to stop in and try out the different wines.Special Features:
- Girls night out.PMK1Dined on 10/14/2014Great dinning place to met special girlfriends for small gathering. Wine, appetizers & dinner choices ate second to none. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveROCKDined on 10/14/2014Fine restaurant for special occasions. Too expensive for frequent visits. Noise very high I asked for music volume to be lowered and it was. We asked for the "Barrel Room", but is was not open for lunch that day. I like that room as it is quieter and good for chatting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best service ever!!!privatedetectiveDined on 10/13/2014From beginning to end our waitress was perfection, as was shown in the gratuity she ran after me to thank me for again.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceIceMannDined on 10/12/2014Consistently good food and lucky to get reservation on last minute notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterdinnerfoodDined on 10/12/2014Our waiter was attentive, very knowledgeable about the menu and food items. Very good experience with this waiter. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expecting MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Service was slow, fillet was fair, and they had difficulty figuring out the billSpecial Features:
- busy busyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Reservations worked great. Food and service was excellent but if you are going for the wine tasting be prepared for the tight quarters. wine tasting area pretty small and very crowded. Staff did the best they could to get to everyone.Special Features:
- greattimeDined on 10/11/2014Unbelievable. First but not last visit. Waiter amazingly attentive and very willing to help with choices. House wine delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food!Winelover22Dined on 10/10/2014Our waitress was fantastic! Good was absolutely perfect, great wine out of the barrel too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointsRedbirdMomDined on 10/10/2014Coopers Hawk never disappoints! The food was excellent, the wine is always delicious and the serve was spot on.Special Features:
- great experienceRenataDined on 10/7/2014Everything that night went super smooth: starting with the host stand, wine tasting, dining experience, check processing and of course-the food quality! Keep up a great job!Special Features:
- Inteesting menu-loud atmosphereHaleybugDined on 10/7/2014This has long been a favorite of our girlfriends' birthday group. The food is always good, as is the service. We prefer the lovely patio when the weather cooperates because it is very loud inside. My husband and I went with another couple and could barely hear each other inside. It is definitely a fun party place, but I would never call it romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNINSPIREDDISAPPOINTEDDined on 10/5/2014NOTHING WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE PRICE TO EVER GO BACK.
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014I have been here many times, I am a wine club member and I would describe this visit as "nothing special". The notes on the reservation were completely ignored. The calamari was greasy and my steak was overcooked. I think they have definitely lost a step and their ability to pack them in every night has made them seem indifferent to exceptional service and quality.
- Great evening.EduardVIPDined on 10/4/2014Another outstanding dining experience. Food, service, wine - everything top notch. Reasonably priced too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014We went there to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. It was extremely loud in there. I think everyone around us was served too much alcohol because they were all obnoxious. I probably wouldn't go back there to have a romantic evening with my husband.