Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
100 W. Higgins Rd
South Barrington, IL 60010Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: (847) 836-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8478369463x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington - Best Restaurants in South Barrington ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - South Barrington reviews from OpenTable diners
468 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (307)special occasion (282)good for groups (221)fit for foodies (218)romantic (151)great for lunch (136)hot spot (136)neighborhood gem (118)vibrant bar scene (93)great for outdoor dining (69)kid-friendly (49)late-night find (36)great for brunch (28)scenic view (9)Show More
- WonderfulJImmyVIPDined on 11/19/2014Coopers Hawk is always a fun experience. The food never ceases to be excellent, service excellent and it is one of our favorite places to have lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, wine, poor serviceSloanDined on 11/19/2014Great food and wine, but server was elsewhere, and took too long to take our order and bring our check. Noise level even on this slow night was loud, and banging of dishes could be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome.Taz2Dined on 11/16/2014We were celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary and went here for the first time. We truly enjoyed the ambiance and the food and wine. We will be going back here. Our server was very helpful and attentive. We had reservations and would highly recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorate place to go for dinnerRunningDan2015Dined on 11/15/2014Every time I bring friends they also agree that the food and wine is excellent, I would highly recommend this place to anybody that loves wine, good food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Tasting RoomSmallDined on 11/15/2014Overall the South Barrington location is very nice. The tasting room was very small and was over filled. Our group of 4 had a difficult time getting to the tasting counter, even when we did it was a snug fit for all of us. Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed about the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014We had reservations for 6:30 and was not seated until 7pm. Did not expect that with an early evening reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014We love the food every time we go. Great variety and always delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such great wine and great food.BobbyVIPDined on 11/14/2014Great food and to be able to sample the wine before the meal is always a plus. Tonights meal also scored us a $25 gift certificate by being wine club members, , ,YES!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Great ServiceNAPAKRUMDined on 11/13/2014Flatbread pizza very good Bread Pudding Great. Cobb Salad very good for the price. Wife and myself love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience.MikeDined on 11/13/2014We were there to celebrated my mom's 80th birthday and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Great food, outstanding service, great time, good memories!! Definitely would go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningFan123Dined on 11/10/2014I am a fan of Cooper's Hawk. I love the atmosphere, the food and our service was excellent. I tried the flatbread/combo with a wedge salad.....loved it. Our server was attentive to our inquiries/needs. Highly recommed this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Great food, selection, and service, as always! My friends and I dined at this location on Friday and Sunday. We were seated in the small "barrel" room on the back left. It was super nice, and a lot quieter than the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lauraDined on 11/9/2014Been here twice and both times the food was terrible, Sawdust chicken covered with sauce to mask the dryness of the meat. I am amazed that this place is so busy, but then I am amazed Chilie's and the Olive Garden are in business. Hecktic and loud not a relaxing dinging experience. I am out.
- Wonderful,RoverDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful food and wine as we have come to expect from Cooper's Hawk. I had the steak medallions which are one of my favorites. This was the first time we went during lunch and found it to be surprisingly uncrowded so that was nice.Special Features:
- Another great experienceTcmbDined on 11/7/2014Great wine. Great food. Great service. What more can you ask? Noisy, but it was Friday night. Always a good time. Will continue coming back and recommending it to everyone we know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/6/2014The restuarant and wine bar was as busy and buzzing as usual. We had a reservation, but after waiting 45 minutes we finally inquired about our table and were sat within 5 minutes. We didn't mind much since we were sampling the wine, thankfully we were not on a schedule. It was my friend's first time there, and she really enjoyed the food, wine and atmosphere. Our waiter, Bradly, was fantastic! He did not rush us, he knew the menu and the wines quite well, and was very accommodating without being overbearing!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2014Excellent as always, service was great and the food arrived quickly. We were in a little rush to make a show right after dinner.Special Features:
- Slightly above averageChuckDined on 11/1/2014This was our first time visiting this restaurant. Service was very prompt and friendly. Only a 2 minute wait for our reservation time. Server Sam was very informative and helpful with the menu choices. Very happy with the different choices of cheese in the cheese & wine sampling. One of our entree choices was average, Surf and Turf - Grouper and Crusted Pork Chop (the chop was quite dry) the menu stated it was accompanied with asparagus and Mary's potatoes. I received carrots, while the mashed potatoes were tasteless and dry. The other entree was Blackened Ahi Tuna which was prepared very well, so one of the two was worth the cost of dinner. Wine selection had enough variety to choose something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/31/2014Unique food, wonderful wine choices, and great service. Perfect night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!dinetowineDined on 10/31/2014We look forward to dining at coopershawk!! Great food and wine. Cost is reasonable. Love meeting people as we do monthly wine tastings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- giannaDined on 10/31/2014This location is our favorite! The staff treat us special and the food comes out perfect every time. Definitely will be back for a special occasion or just for lunch!!Special Features:
- Great for groupsAtwoodinnerVIPDined on 10/30/2014We had 14 people in our party. The server was amazing with his attention and his ability for humor with a large group. We were served in a timely manner and everyone gave a thumbs up to the restaurant choice. We have a monthly outing with he neighborhood and would recommend others to come. We did a wine tasting before as wellSpecial Features:
- Disappointing...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014Seems the service can't keep up with the volume. Group was placed at the busiest (high traffic) table in the place (front corner by entry and by server pathway), 1 entree was completely wrong, 1 soup was cold, server didn't return to check how things were, so the guest with the wrong meal chose to eat it anyway. Food quality is okay at best, but both it, and the service have gone downhill the last 12 months. However, they still seem to pack in every single person they can. The good news for those that continue to enjoy it, you'll have 5 less people to compete with for space.
- Nice MealNAPAKRUMDined on 10/28/2014Nice wine and good food. Had a very nice time. dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddSpecial Features:
- Love it!MostelectrifyingDined on 10/28/2014I've never been disappointed here. Our service has always been excellent and the food has always been outstanding. The chicken saltimbocca is one of my favorites and I've never been disappointed in the steak. The steaks are alway cooked to my liking and seasoned well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday it was!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Kim our server was amazing! The staff was great. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine! I highly suggest the bacon wrapped shrimp as an app, and their steak was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch and gluten free menuDermmomDined on 10/27/2014Always love this place and usually get Thai Lettice wraps which are terrific but got BBQ chicken salad this time which was also good on the healthy menu. Also waitstaff is great at keeping drinks refilled. Couple small glitches this go around-messed up my companion's order but righted it and didn't bring anything for bday celebration-although it was mentioned when I checked in. NBD as she didn't want dessert necessarily but still.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy but greatdinewithfamilyDined on 10/25/2014Too noisy but otherwise great! The food was good. There was confusion in the service as we got the appetizer that we had not ordered and the soup did not come in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but...LADYLAD11VIPDined on 10/25/2014We went with another couple. Clearly the wine is the focus here, which isn't a problem with us. They were knowledgeable about their wines and always willing to sample any to us. I got the risotto with braised short rib in it. Outstanding. Our friends got 2 of the chicken dishes which were very good too. My husband, though, got a filet mignon. They served him FROZEN broccoli as the side. Seriously????? You can't get fresh broccoli? I was floored by this. At the price point of this restaurant and our bill (over $200.00) they should serve fresh vegetables. Very poor choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulrassyDined on 10/25/2014This was better than I remember it a year ago. I love the new balance menu and options. We usually go only for special reasons but maybe now we don't wait for thatSpecial Features:
- Good food and great wine.JackieDined on 10/25/2014As always we had a great experience. Enjoyed our wine tasting before dinner. Food was great and our waitress was the best. She went above and beyond to give us the best experience.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC EATERY!!GiaKamDined on 10/25/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at Cooper's Hawk, and highly recommend it!!!Special Features:
- Continues to PleaseJackP99Dined on 10/24/2014We love meeting people in the wine tasting room and chatting with the great staff. I tried the shaved prime rib sandwich and it was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Wine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We love Cooper's Hawk, however Barrington needs a bigger wine tasting area.Special Features:
- Great dining experience - as alwaysLindaDined on 10/24/2014Cooper's Hawk is the place we go when we want an excellent dinner and great service. We were there friday night for dinner and our waiter could not have been more knowledgeable or helpful. When I couldn't decide between the grouper or beef medallions, he recommended the surf and turf so I could get both! And both were excellent!! Definitely a first class dining experience!Special Features:
- Big menu but not big flavorSeasaidhVIPDined on 10/24/2014This is a restaurant that remains popular. They have a huge menu, lots of choices, We had an appetizer plate with tacos, crab cakes, potstickers and calamari. It was ok. The calamari was nowhere near the wonderful fresh calamari I had at other restaurants. For an entree, I had the scallops. I couldn't eat them -- there was an off-taste and they didn't seem fresh. I ended up having some of the ginger salmon my friends ordered and that was better. The mashed potatoes with the salmon dish were delicious -- soft, fluffy and flavorful. It's interesting that the waiter never questioned why I left all the scallops on my plate -- usually waiters notice and ask why.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!SparkysDined on 10/22/2014A dear friend and myself chose Coopers to celebrate her move since both of us had previously enjoyed your restaurant .....we had 6:15 reservations and were seated at 6:10pm From the moment we were seated, everything was 5 star service. The server introduced herself (don't remember her name, had a ponytail and was training a girl). Both of them were wonderful! They gave us the appropriate amount of attention, information and suggestions to make our dining experience perfect. The food was fabulous! From the flatbread beginning to the Choclate bread pudding we enjoyed every bite!Special Features:
- etodd1Dined on 10/22/2014We had reservations; were seated immediately upon our arrival. Great waitress; took our drink order, followed-up with our selection from the menu. The wait for the food was very reasonable. The food was prepared and served to perfection. We had a delightful dinner, a great dining experience, and highly recommend Cooper's Hawk to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 10/21/2014Dining on the patio is a true delight, but now that the weather has changed it's back inside in their beautiful dining area. Our favorite will always be the Soy Salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Babymama76Dined on 10/20/2014Great food! Love the wine! I always enjoy coming here because the service is excellent and it is a fun experience to dine here. The servers are knowledgeable and the location is managed well to ensure customers receive a wonderful dining experience there. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.