Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Orland Park
15690 South Harlem Avenue
Orland Park, IL 60462Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Orland Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 7086330200x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 7086330200x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Orland Park
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Orland Park - Best Restaurants in Orland Park ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Orland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
442 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (322)special occasion (255)good for groups (218)great for lunch (160)fit for foodies (147)romantic (146)hot spot (112)neighborhood gem (102)vibrant bar scene (80)great for brunch (70)late-night find (45)kid-friendly (43)great for outdoor dining (17)scenic view (8)Show More
- coopers hawkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The food was great. Service was great. Friendly waiter. The fire alarm did go off...kind of made us nervous. ..we were assured there was no fire...Our bill was paid..only negative thing was that it was so cold in the restaurant..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another very nice evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The presentation and flavor of the food was very good. The selection of wine was mildly extensive. The waitress was very attentive without be obtrusive. The restaurant was quite busy, but you wouldn't know it by the actions of the wait staff or the presentation and flavor of the food. The noise level was slightly elevated, but not to the point that normal conversation was not acceptable. It is what you would expect of a nicer restaurant and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great local placeCynthiaDined on 9/14/2014I love that Cooper's Hawk is located in the South Suburbs and offers such a great food selection. I had the Pistachio-Crusted Grouper and a glass of the Sparkling Almond wine which was wonderful! The kids menu was good as well. I have a picky eater who found something she really liked. My husband enjoyed his steak (can't recall which one he had) as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Ive been to CHW Orland before and enjoyed myself, but this time was not great. We expected our dinner to be good, but it was not. Over cooked and unedible. They did replace one of the meals. But the replacement wasnt very good either. Maybe because this location is really busy, the attention tho detail and quality is lost. I wont count CHW off but i wont return too soon.Special Features:
- Room for improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Have been eating here for some time now & it would be nice to see a menu improvement. There aren't any vegetarian or vegan options yet considering the socioeconomic neighborhood in which the restaurant resides, it's to be expected by now. As usual, the temperature was cooler than necessary since it was only 52 degrees outside. My husband had the fish & chips which had been fried to the point of no return---a dark brown appearance. Whatever happened to golden? I had the salmon from the "Life Balance" menu meaning under 600 calories. The description said a tomato relish however it was more like tomato stew as the fish, spinach & potatoes were SWIMMING in it. Also lacked flavor which is surprising for salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed suroundingsSimonDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of 6 friends. Even at 3:30 on a saturday there was a line forming so reservations are a must. The wine has a number next to it which corresponds with each meal so you'll never go wrong. Our food (Grouper, short rib risotto, churrasco steak, and a couple of their special burgers) was served promptly, hot and was totally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014I had a wonderful time with friends and family. The waitress was funny and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Cooper's HawkFabFourDined on 9/12/2014Had a great time wine tasting and dining with friends this weekend. Always a great time, friendly staff and awesome service at Cooper's Hawk, Orland.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The wait was short. The wittier was superb. The menu was great. We were celebrating our anniversary. Great night!Special Features:
- Chilly ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I frequent the restaurant often and enjoy my food but it was 54 degrees outside in September and it was about 45 in the restaurant. We were so cold (chilled to the bone) that we could not enjoy our food - our food was cold from the draft and we shivered the entire time. Not a good experience as far as feeling comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite local restaurantRonDDined on 9/12/2014We always migrate to Cooper's Hawk when we want a selection of great wines paired with awesome food. We love the Dana's Parmesan-Crusted Chicken and my all time favorite is the Short Rib Risoto. The short ribs are slow cooked and have the consistancy of pot roast with subtle flavoring undertones. Cannot go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitor,9/09firsttimersDined on 9/9/2014The back room was very dark so we moved to the front. Honestly it was a bit noisy for me. I guess everyone had something to celebrate that Tuesday night. The servers were nice and somewhat helpful. The menu had quite a section to pick from. I had the Chicken Madeira it was okay , it had a good flavor but almost salty because of the sauce. My guy had the Chicken Linguine Reggiano. He said it was decent its just the portion were just a little on the stingy side. I may not go back unless I'm with someone who is more familiar with them.Special Features:
- Food is really good.SheshinesDined on 9/7/2014We went as a party of 5 which included teens. Food was great, not too expensive. My only complaint is that the room was extremely frigid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.NA11VIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always CrowdedVisitorFromChicagoDined on 9/6/2014Never go to this Cooper's Hawk on the weekend without a reservation. It's always packed with nowhere to park and at least an hour wait. This location has been open for years, you'd think the newness would have worn off by now. Maybe the crowd will thin out once the Oak Lawn location opens next year. Don't get me wrong, I like the food and love the wine, but hate that the place is impossible on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for a great mealKathyODined on 9/6/2014Dont be afraid of the long lines at Coopershawk. Even with a reservation, you may wait a bit. It has been like this for years, and is the same at other Coopershawk locations. The lines are a testament to the dining experience, and wine selection. This is not a snobby restaurant... quite the opposite. Patrons will be dressed in many ways, from casual to formal. There is a buzz of energy. The menu covers a wide variety of pallets, from traditional to foodie, with Cooperhawk wine pairings. This is a win-win spot, for a great nite out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Place for BD CelebrationwarriorkpmDined on 9/5/2014I booked this place to celebrate my birthday and it was perfect. Great seating , great server, good food. The ambiance was amazing as well as the drinks. Great way to start my birthday.Special Features:
- Coopers HawkdobherDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful time. Sampled 2 different wines before choosing one for dinner - which was a plus. Ended up purchasing a bottle before leaving. Food was excellent. Trio medallions with 3 different crusts was to die for! Drunken shrimp as an appetizer was delicious. Our waitress was phenomenal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014I have been eating at this location since it opened. I have been a long time wine club member. They recently changed the menu and removed one of my favs - salad with pear slices!Special Features:
- Great but chillyTakeAjacketDined on 9/1/2014the wine tasting is fun as well as informative worth every minute and every penny!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good nightMarriedDined on 8/31/2014Me and wife went out without the kids that dosent happen a lot, the food was good an the wine was great had a great time but the parking is packed only drawback but the do have valletSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of everythingAshleyDined on 8/31/2014They were out of stuffed mushrooms, ground beef, and at least two wines we wanted. Waiter was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service, ran out of foodmorimega15Dined on 8/31/2014We received the worst service from Cooper's Hawk. We waited at least 20 minutes to order food. We were never asked if we wanted drinks. We then ordered and the waiter came back about 15 minutes later to inform us that they don't have any ground beef for the hamburgers we ordered. How does a restaurant run out of ground beef? We also did a wine tasting beforehand and they didn't have the first wine or crackers. We were at the restaurant for at least 3 and a half hours - most of the time waiting around for our server. When I made the reservation on OpenTable, we also marked that it was my birthday, but received no recognition, even though other tables had. Overall, this was a terrible experience and I wouldn't recommend dining there.Special Features:
- Orland CHwineclubDined on 8/31/2014Always like it here. Wish the bar was bigger. The atmosphere is less bright and hectic and we prefer it to tables in the restaurant. Love the egg rolls and pot stickers. Often just make a meal of those.Special Features:
- Affordable For Spec. dining for 2MmzemDined on 8/31/2014Although we've been to Cooper's Hawk Restaurant many times, this was my first time making reservations online through Open Table and it was great. I requested a booth table near the window and it was waiting for us at the appointed time. Our meal was excellent, the server was courteous and knowledge. The only slight issue was that we had to wait a while between the appetizer and our entrees which broke the flow of the (lunch) meal even though the restaurant wasn't crowded (we got there just before the crowd).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's HawkWineLoverDined on 8/30/2014My family and I always enjoy our visits to Cooper's Hawk. We do the wine tasting first and then we enjoy a delicious and relaxing lunch. We've also eaten dinner here many times too. This is one of our favorite places, and we're looking forward to the opening of Cooper's Hawk in Oak Lawn since it will be closer to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, as always! But great!MstchrladyDined on 8/29/2014We waited a bit longer than our reservation was for but our server and the kitchen got our meals out to us quickly without skimping of quality! We love Cooper's Hawk and we were happy to wait. People should just know if you are going to go on a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, you are going to wait :) but its worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!js5222Dined on 8/29/2014I've been to Coopers Hawk for many different occasions. The food is always good and the wine is great. Our server was wonderful! It was girls nite out so she was helpful, attentive and patient with us. Not once did we feel rushed. I am a wine club member and I planned to have my tasting prior to my reservation, but the wine tasting bar was so crowded that I decided to pass. We had no issue with changing our reservation. The hostess was very accomadating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Great Wine RipoffSammy1Dined on 8/29/2014While the food is pretty good, the wine offerings are of poor quality and way overpriced. All of their wines are non-vintage, but the prices are outrageous ($30 for a non-vintage Chardonnay made in Illinois!!??). And they don't offer any other wine choices but the store brand. I don't know how they've succeeded in sucking people into their Wine Club. Go for the food & drink water.
- Great Food and wine & GlutenFree!BosicoDined on 8/28/2014Great Food and wine, great service too! Extensive Gluten Free menu and very helpful too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coopers Hawk Always GreatPaulaDined on 8/28/2014We have been dining at Coopers Hawk since Tim and Dana McEnery opened their first restaurant in 2005. The food is always spot-on and the service is award-winning. Our server Matt was spectacular. This is a place that never misses. I had the short rib risotto, delicious! My husband had the gnocchi with shaved fennel and artichokes. He is lactose intolerant and the chef gladly substituted feta for the ricotta in his entrée. We had a wonderful time as we always do. This is a great place if you're going casual, formal or anything in between. Thanks to Tim and Dana for providing a wonderful neighborhood place to dine where the food is always perfect and the service 10 starts!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!!GoodTimesDined on 8/27/2014A friend recommended for the food and red wine. The food was fantastic but I did not have any wine. The truffles and chocolate cake were superb. Dined there for my 10 year wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. Extremely kid friendly! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SimonDined on 8/27/2014What a great lunch. Meet two friends for some great food, delicious drinks, and lots of girl,talk. The crab & lobster bisque was creamy with,lots of fish morsels. The black bean burger had just enough spice without being too spicy. My friends had the turkey burger and chicken Madeira. Both said was great and would order again. Best of all we were able to take our time and enjoy our food and friendship without being or feeling rush. Thanks.Special Features:
- ExceptionalRBG831Dined on 8/26/2014Visiting from outside the area, this highly recommended restaurant did not disappoint. Seated promptly with our Open Table reservation, despite a long wait for walk-ins, the entire experience was enchanting. Eclectic Asian-American fusion menu with fabulous wine list (they encourage tasting the wine before ordering) in a facility that makes its own, it was hard to choose which of the fabulous food offerings to have. And our server, Sara, was efficient, personable and charming. Worth the visit with a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014The food is perfectly prepared and the service is absolutely precise.Special Features:
- Great experiencce as usualtherckDined on 8/25/2014Reserved through Open Table for an early (4:00) dinner and all went well. The reservation was noted and we had immediate seating, not yet crowded. The service was quick and efficient. The food was excellent as usual. Had the braised shortribs, which were great as are the shortribs with risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coopers hawksouthsuburbandinerDined on 8/24/2014Love this place for an informal lunch,dining with friends,special celebrations never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedbikermama91Dined on 8/24/2014I requested a booth when I made online reservations. The booth in which we were seated should be removed totally from the restaurant. ALL traffic passes by - guests being seated and kitchen staff - through a narrow-ish opening. It made for a very distracted dining experience, as there was constant foot traffic. Food and wine was great (as always), but the service was poor (despite it being early in the day 12:15 pm Sunday). Our waitress did not stop by once during the meal to find out if we needed anything (all I wanted was a glass of water), and she was not very friendly. This is my first time at the Coopers Hawk in Orland and I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice wines ~ The food was okayNancyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Four of us had drinks, appetizers & dinner. Two of us enjoyed our meals while two of us did not. The steak & a seafood pasta dish were good. The filet medallions & scallops were both way to salty. The service was good. Very crowed restaurant & bar. We were unable to have a drink in the bar afterwards due to there being no place to sit or stand, so we went someplace else. I wanted to try one of the spatklong wines after dinner but couldn't.Special Features:
- Excellent foodTecusoDined on 8/22/2014Food was excellent! We will be back. Extensive wine list, very very good. We have always heard good things about Cooper's hawk but we don't usually do chain restaurants... However this was an exception.Special Features: