Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Orland Park
15690 South Harlem Avenue
Orland Park, IL 60462Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Orland Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 7086330200x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 7086330200x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Orland Park
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Orland Park - Best Restaurants in Orland Park ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Orland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
431 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (312)special occasion (246)good for groups (214)great for lunch (157)fit for foodies (148)romantic (138)hot spot (115)neighborhood gem (110)vibrant bar scene (87)great for brunch (70)late-night find (46)kid-friendly (41)great for outdoor dining (20)scenic view (11)Show More
- love this placeLeilaDined on 9/29/2014its awesome! Food is great, Service is better, the wine is yummy! Great for special occasions or just a regular night.Special Features:
- My Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014My husband and I chose Cooper's Hawk to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Neither of us had previously dined there. Our server Rebecca was warm and friendly and very helpful in answering any questions we had. The ambiance was warm and personable. We had a wonderful time. Our dining experience was absolutely wonderful. We definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceFoodandwineVIPDined on 9/28/2014Our waiter either needed to be trained or fired. The lights were so bright it was like eating in a cafeteria. Will not go back.
- HawkDined on 9/26/2014Lovely. Parking trouble though Food was very good. Good selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicelsantDined on 9/26/2014Love the ambiance. Our server was being shadowed by a new employee. The new employee was very attentive and picked up quickly. She suggested a desert. It was the banana with coffee and gram cracker it was amazing.Special Features:
- Love this place!DeeeDined on 9/26/2014One of my favorite dining places! Food is great! The wine is the best! Love the red Sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers & Wine ~ Very GoodNancyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Went with a friend for appetizers & we shared a bottle of wine. We both enjoyed all three appetizers ~ shrimp wrapped in bacon, chicken lettuce wraps & a goat cheese flat bread. The bottle of wine was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For good foodSannanDined on 9/26/2014I had lunch with a group of friends and it was great! The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as always.DeniseDined on 9/26/2014We always enjoy our visits to Cooper's Hawk. The food is good and the wine excellent.Special Features:
- Wine and Book Club Invade CH!FabFourDined on 9/24/2014We had a wonderful time at Cooper's Hawk Orland Wednesday Night. 10 WnBC friends enjoyed tasting with Joseph (He was great! A fun wine tender and super nice) & 4 of us stayed for a late night dinner. I am a Wine Club member already, but opted to let my WnBC friend Marcy use her card for points the evening. At least 2 more friends signed up that night & at least half bought wine to take home. I would say that was a sign that everyone had a great night! Oh, and we already booked our next WnBC tasting - we will be back on the first Wednesday of each month to taste! Thanks for a great place to get together and chat and laugh - and delicious wine to enjoy while doing it! (at an affordable price!) Wine Wine! I mean, Win, Win! LOLSpecial Features:
- JeffLinDined on 9/23/2014Noisy and not an intimate setting but the food was delicious and our waitress was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love CoopersmssgdDined on 9/22/2014Love Coopers Hawk! Great staff, wine and food! Look forward to our monthly wine tasting, always followed by dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DutchDined on 9/20/2014Great dinning experience with outstanding food!!! Awesome Ambiance!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Extensive wine selection. We prefer the lighter white wines and the server offered us two samples of 2 wines we wanted before ordering. Both the collaboration and sparkling peach were excellent. The risotto with shrimp, asparagus and shiitake mushrooms was fantastic and filling! We finished with the chocolate cake a la mode and coffee, perfect combination! Will be back for sure. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- New Waitresssmo1usaDined on 9/20/2014This wasn't the first time we had been to Cooper's Hawk. We have always been pleased with the service and especially the quality of the food. This time, however, we were unfortunate because we got a waitress that was completing her second day at the restaurant. It took ten minutes for her to bring bread after she had said she would bring it. She stopped at two other tables while carrying our bread before delivering it. When she brought the wine flights, she didn't bring the guide paper. We never did get that. The food was excellent. The Drunken Shrimp and the Pistachio Crusted Grouper were tasty and well prepared. The Wasabi Mashed Potatoes lacked flavor. All in all, we'll return to Cooper's Hawk. The food is just soooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wilzena72Dined on 9/20/2014I met with my friends for my birthday. We come to this restaurant at least twice a year. We always love to come here because of the food and atmosphere. You have something for everyone. Prices are great and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RiverRatRiverRatDined on 9/19/2014Took my hubby/adult son here for a Birthday celebration. We were not disappointed. Though we had a Fri. 8:30pm reservation and arrived at 7:45 we were not seated until 8:45pm. Not a problem as we cozied up to the outer bar and each enjoyed the $7 September wine tasting. We were on #5 of 8 and were told we could finish after dinner. That worked out great. We each ordered a DELICIOUS September special which came with a choice of soup/salad/appetizer, the entree came with veggie/potato, and dessert. ($25 pkg) Hubby loved the salmon and it was a large portion, son had the gnocchi/chicken and I had the pork chop. Dessert was creme brulee all around. Noticed on the bill that it was rung up a-la-carte, after correction 24.00 less. Yumy!Special Features:
- Perfect for Date NightthevvgDined on 9/19/2014The food and wine are the highlights of this lovely restaurant. Fabulous dinners and desserts and not-to-be-missed lobster bisque are always delicious.Special Features:
- RomanticStrawberry47Dined on 9/18/2014I was absolutely happy with the service and food. Will definitely visit with friends, family, and asa romantic getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGamyak1977Dined on 9/18/2014Service was great as always and the drink menus are amazing.Special Features:
- Amazing because of Sarah!MorgDined on 9/17/2014This was our first visit to Cooper's Hawk first of all and it wont be our last. We started with the wine tasting, which was wonderful and a great experience to see which wine would be best for me and my boyfriend for dinner! We chose the White Sangria! The wine tasting is great to do before dinner for that reason! Then Dinner. Sarah was our server and she was WONDERFUL. She gave great recommendations for us, which i went with two of them! We started with the bottle of wine that we choose. Me and my boyfriend went to celebrate my birthday because i have been wanting to go to coopers hawk forever! After our dinner Sarah brought out a birthday pate which was sooo nice! I had a great experience and ended up signing up as a member!! : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBand9moreDined on 9/16/2014We did enjoy our lunch but found the noise level to be more than energetic.....it was simply hard to hear each other at our table for 5 with that high ceiling. The Thai Lettuce Wrap that I had had very good ingredients - with fresh lettuce and veggies and was most attractive but was messy to eat as I had to put the wrap together so I would choose another dish next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencegoodeatsDined on 9/15/2014The resturant is very impressive as soon as you walk through the door. The very setup tells you it is a happining place. The bars and dining room layout are just perfect. The food and drink menu is outstanding, and the food itself was some of the best I have had in a resturant. While on this trip we only had lunch I would definately return to this location, and to other Cooper's Hawk Resturants as I travel. All of the staff we encountered during this visit were very friendly and made us feel welcome. All in all, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coopers hawknkg3Dined on 9/14/2014The food was great. Service was great. Friendly waiter. The fire alarm did go off...kind of made us nervous. ..we were assured there was no fire...Our bill was paid..only negative thing was that it was so cold in the restaurant..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another very nice evening.asbmk5Dined on 9/14/2014The presentation and flavor of the food was very good. The selection of wine was mildly extensive. The waitress was very attentive without be obtrusive. The restaurant was quite busy, but you wouldn't know it by the actions of the wait staff or the presentation and flavor of the food. The noise level was slightly elevated, but not to the point that normal conversation was not acceptable. It is what you would expect of a nicer restaurant and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great local placeCynthiaDined on 9/14/2014I love that Cooper's Hawk is located in the South Suburbs and offers such a great food selection. I had the Pistachio-Crusted Grouper and a glass of the Sparkling Almond wine which was wonderful! The kids menu was good as well. I have a picky eater who found something she really liked. My husband enjoyed his steak (can't recall which one he had) as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed163865TJDined on 9/13/2014Ive been to CHW Orland before and enjoyed myself, but this time was not great. We expected our dinner to be good, but it was not. Over cooked and unedible. They did replace one of the meals. But the replacement wasnt very good either. Maybe because this location is really busy, the attention tho detail and quality is lost. I wont count CHW off but i wont return too soon.Special Features:
- Room for improvementSeejayDined on 9/13/2014Have been eating here for some time now & it would be nice to see a menu improvement. There aren't any vegetarian or vegan options yet considering the socioeconomic neighborhood in which the restaurant resides, it's to be expected by now. As usual, the temperature was cooler than necessary since it was only 52 degrees outside. My husband had the fish & chips which had been fried to the point of no return---a dark brown appearance. Whatever happened to golden? I had the salmon from the "Life Balance" menu meaning under 600 calories. The description said a tomato relish however it was more like tomato stew as the fish, spinach & potatoes were SWIMMING in it. Also lacked flavor which is surprising for salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed suroundingsSimonDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of 6 friends. Even at 3:30 on a saturday there was a line forming so reservations are a must. The wine has a number next to it which corresponds with each meal so you'll never go wrong. Our food (Grouper, short rib risotto, churrasco steak, and a couple of their special burgers) was served promptly, hot and was totally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday LunchFabulousDined on 9/13/2014I had a wonderful time with friends and family. The waitress was funny and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Cooper's HawkFabFourDined on 9/12/2014Had a great time wine tasting and dining with friends this weekend. Always a great time, friendly staff and awesome service at Cooper's Hawk, Orland.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The wait was short. The wittier was superb. The menu was great. We were celebrating our anniversary. Great night!Special Features:
- Chilly ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I frequent the restaurant often and enjoy my food but it was 54 degrees outside in September and it was about 45 in the restaurant. We were so cold (chilled to the bone) that we could not enjoy our food - our food was cold from the draft and we shivered the entire time. Not a good experience as far as feeling comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite local restaurantRonDDined on 9/12/2014We always migrate to Cooper's Hawk when we want a selection of great wines paired with awesome food. We love the Dana's Parmesan-Crusted Chicken and my all time favorite is the Short Rib Risoto. The short ribs are slow cooked and have the consistancy of pot roast with subtle flavoring undertones. Cannot go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitor,9/09firsttimersDined on 9/9/2014The back room was very dark so we moved to the front. Honestly it was a bit noisy for me. I guess everyone had something to celebrate that Tuesday night. The servers were nice and somewhat helpful. The menu had quite a section to pick from. I had the Chicken Madeira it was okay , it had a good flavor but almost salty because of the sauce. My guy had the Chicken Linguine Reggiano. He said it was decent its just the portion were just a little on the stingy side. I may not go back unless I'm with someone who is more familiar with them.Special Features:
- Food is really good.SheshinesDined on 9/7/2014We went as a party of 5 which included teens. Food was great, not too expensive. My only complaint is that the room was extremely frigid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.NA11VIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always CrowdedVisitorFromChicagoDined on 9/6/2014Never go to this Cooper's Hawk on the weekend without a reservation. It's always packed with nowhere to park and at least an hour wait. This location has been open for years, you'd think the newness would have worn off by now. Maybe the crowd will thin out once the Oak Lawn location opens next year. Don't get me wrong, I like the food and love the wine, but hate that the place is impossible on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for a great mealKathyODined on 9/6/2014Dont be afraid of the long lines at Coopershawk. Even with a reservation, you may wait a bit. It has been like this for years, and is the same at other Coopershawk locations. The lines are a testament to the dining experience, and wine selection. This is not a snobby restaurant... quite the opposite. Patrons will be dressed in many ways, from casual to formal. There is a buzz of energy. The menu covers a wide variety of pallets, from traditional to foodie, with Cooperhawk wine pairings. This is a win-win spot, for a great nite out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Place for BD CelebrationwarriorkpmDined on 9/5/2014I booked this place to celebrate my birthday and it was perfect. Great seating , great server, good food. The ambiance was amazing as well as the drinks. Great way to start my birthday.Special Features: