Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
1740 Freedom Drive
Naperville, IL 60563Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 6302458000
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 6302458000x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
579 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (405)special occasion (342)good for groups (257)fit for foodies (235)great for lunch (183)romantic (182)hot spot (151)great for outdoor dining (143)vibrant bar scene (112)neighborhood gem (109)great for brunch (52)late-night find (43)kid-friendly (36)scenic view (13)Show More
- Good for lunchDMTBVIPDined on 10/21/2014Good for a lunch stop but if you want to be in and out in an hour, make sure you tell your server!Special Features:
- Great service, food and wine.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Outstanding restaurant. Great service, food and wine. The waiter was friendly and funny. He welcomed our visitors who were came in from other countries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change in dish prep.shofer1019Dined on 10/19/2014I had eaten at the Cooper's Hawk Arlington Hts. location the previous week and ordered the special of the month again. This time, my pork chop had been butterflied and the meat was somewhat dry. It was still tasty and I only mentioned it in passing to the waitress as I requested a container to take home my leftovers. She went to the manager about my issue and he comped my meal. I thought this was very nice as my meal was edible and I ate it w/o complaint. It was just my observation that the meat was prepared in a different manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine, serviceComfortDined on 10/19/2014Small group for pre-concert food and it was fabulous. Not too fast, not too slow.....and as always the food was outstanding -- more than generous portions --Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good except for...Diner1964Dined on 10/18/2014The pressure sell for the wine club. The waitress spent two attempts at about ten minutes each time at our table. It ruined the food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebration dinnerPerec4Dined on 10/17/2014Took a friend out for her birthday and it was a great time. Did a wine tasting before dinner and although it ran a bit over our dinner reservation time it was no problem and we were able to be seated when we were ready. Staff very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at Fair PricesJoeMDined on 10/17/2014Great interesting menu with outstanding wine! Highly recommend this place. It won't break the bank. An outstanding value!Special Features:
- Slightly below averageOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I had dinner for 8 year anniversary. Things started out well with comp sparkling wine and comparison of another wine that we could compare the bottle we bought. Service was ok, but he stopped by the table a dozen times constantly interrupting our conversation. The wine was ok, with the food being poor. The short rib in my risotto was overcooked and dry. My wife's fish was also overbooked and dry. She also has mashed potatoes with her entree that were hard and molded so much so, we could flip them on end retaining the shape
- great placecarnivoreDined on 10/17/2014Amazing food, and the winelist is full of variety for everyone and every palate. Not a single dish has disappointed yet. Can't go wrong with anything you order. The churasco steak is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014I love the restaurant, but Barrington's place moves more efficiently. It was my birthday and I made the reservation WELL in advance. We had to wait a half hour to be seated. That isn't right, they should have accommodated us quicker then that. The hostess was not mature and didn't even tell me we'd have a wait till I went back to ask. Not even an I'm sorry. Once to the table, it was great!! Loved the food, wine and the server. Train your "young hostesses", be efficient, cater to their needs - especially for special occasions. People save up to go there and do it up right and this wait was a downer. But I will go back, its a great place.Special Features:
- Always worth itLuv2eatDined on 10/16/2014Choices for every palette and a wonderful wine pairing recommendation with each dish. Delicious. Busy night so service was a little less ideal than usual. We waited 35 minutes for our reservation. My coffee was never filled even once. It had gotten ice cold. But otherwise fabulous. Retail goodies to buy, wine to taste, nice bar area and vibrantly fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PacoDined on 10/16/2014Very good food and service. Was hoping for a little less noise level for a business retirement dinner for six.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midweek LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/14/2014Went there for a quick midweek lunch and tasting. Perfect as always. Soy ginger salmon is my go-to lunch. Made the rest of the workday pleasant.Special Features:
- food2luvDined on 10/13/2014Food and table service was great. Service at the dessert counter was horrible. We had decided to take a couple of cheesecakes home. My husband went up to the counter and waited for the girl to turn around. And waited. And waited. When she finally did turn around and face him, he started to talk. But instead of asking how can I help you she turned back around. She totally ignored him. She was extremely rude. So we left. We were there Monday Oct.13 th. We were there from 7pm til 8pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible waitressFABULOUSDined on 10/13/2014We are wine club members and had not been since July so we had 3 months of wine and one bday dinner waiting for us to collect. Our waitress had an attitude as soon as she approached us. She questioned that I had not picked up my wine since August and took my card to make sure. She only came back with Sept and Oct wines for us to try. Never brought bread and only did after we asked and by that time our salad's had been eaten. She blamed her delay in giving us our bill was because she had other tables to attend to. Came with our bill but never deducted our bday meal...we had to ask her to also do this. The food was excellent!
- Can't wait to go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2014This was our third time dining at Cooper's Hawk, and we look forward to our next trip. Our complete dining experience was great. Prior to our meal, we experienced the wine tasting. We tasted lots a good wine, and our server was very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Did not like sales tacticOpenTableBDFVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had a nice late lunch with a party of four but when we asked for a bottle of the wine that the "chef" reccomended via the waitress and the coaster on the table we were told that is only available to wine club members at a large $38 cost per month. That seems to me just a sales tactic and really you could not offer the wine to others??? I would have paid more per bottle that "club members".
- Consistently goodCrystalBillDined on 10/10/2014A wonderful place to bring friends and family. Delicious entrees, wine and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay until....Foodie4evDined on 10/10/2014Made a reservation for seven, got there a little early, but we did not get seated until 7:15. The appetizers were great, the lobster crab bisque--a slight bit fishy tasting, same with the crab cakes---really good seafood does not taste fishy. Asked for more sauce for the crab cakes as the roasted veggies next to them had soaked it all up, and he never did come back with any. My husband got the country rigatoni--supposed to have a garlic cream sauce, he did not taste garlic and it was sweet? So basically, was okay until we got our meals and then it was disappointing honestly. My husband is saying he is not going back and I have to agree unless we go for appetizers and wine only.Special Features:
- Friendly StaffDougDined on 10/10/2014Every time we have been there, the staff has been very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbyThunderDined on 10/10/2014Cooper's has become our west suburban favorite. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AUGBDAYSAUGBDAYSDined on 10/9/2014Took some friends there for the first time, and the only issue was that we waited 30 minutes past our reservation time. Bar was very crowded so we couldn't sit or stand in there while we waited. We all stood in the tasting area. This was a Thur night. But, the food was very good, and of course the wine is always enjoyable. Our friends really enjoyed their experience. Our waiter was awesome and had a great personality. Will surely go there again as we are wine members and enjoy our visits there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodDnels1VIPDined on 10/9/2014Every meal we have had at Cooper's Hawk has been fantastic. There is not a single dish on the menu that has not been delicious. This time we had a apple bourbon glazed pork chop, butter squash gnocchi, and a goat cheese/roasted veg flatbread. All delicious. Great wine selection and decent craft beers as well. Prices are more than fair for the quality of food.Special Features:
- Reservation?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014I made a reservation on Open Table for my friends birthday for a Wednesday night. I was called by the restaurant to confirm my reservation the day before. The night of the dinner - my group did not get seated until an hour after the reservation time - so 8:45 on a Wed after everyone worked all day. The restaurant was not packed - there was no good reason given. Everyone was over tired and VERY hungry by then. Despite good food and wine, if it's that hard to get a table even with a reservation , it would not be a pick for another dinner.Special Features:
- Not my favoriteFoodieDined on 10/8/2014We had to wait 15 minutes past our reservation to get seated. The food, for the price, was pretty sub-par. Kind of like a souped up Friday. I had a pesto ceasar salad and a flatbread and both were just meh, the salad was bordering on flavorless. This place is known for the wine and I got a flight, the wine was bland and the house red was not drinkable. This is coming from someone who has drank Franzia and Two Buck Chuck in the past copiously, not a wine snob. I guess I am not understanding the hype here at all. If looking for a great winery in Chicagoland area, I would recommend City Winery.Special Features:
- Many Choices2EatersDined on 10/8/2014We have visited Cooper's Hawk close to a dozen times, and, generally, we try something new each time. Every time, the food has been outstandingly delicious. This includes their soups and appetizers. They serve only the wines they produce, so we have settled on 3 or 4 favorites. They do produce some seasonal wines, but we usually stick with those we know we enjoy. You are welcome to taste any wine before you order it, and you may order flights, which provide a good overview of their wine categories. They have a wine club worth hearing about. It is frequently a busy place, so can get noisy. Service is usually welcoming and knowledgeable, but can be a little slower during busy times. We keep going back!Special Features:
- PatPVIPDined on 10/7/2014Service for my reservation following a wine tasting at the wine bar was very impressive and personalized - A+! Food is overall nice but not remarkable. Go for their monthly wine/cheese pairings - this is where they really shine! In season, patio is relaxing and best choice in the house. Noise level inside is a real problem if you plan on having a conversation, though.Special Features:
- First impression...HostsDined on 10/7/2014Three times we had to go back and forth because they couldn't get my reservation correct!! The girls at the hosts' table seemed lost, I even heard one say that they believe they have our reservation away....Not good guys. A place like that should have all aspects in order. And my fiancee and I were early... Other than that, experience was fantastic. We would definitely go back for the food, dessert and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing & "great" service!RHK67Dined on 10/7/2014Always enjoy going to Coopers Hawk Winery in Naperville. From the time you walk in and are met by the friendly staffers for wine sampling's (Keith in particular) till you exit the restaurant you are always met with smiling faces & a Hello or Welcome to a Thanks for coming & have a great evening for goodbye's. Great food & of course great wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014The food was fantastic and our waiter was great with all her recommendations. As a wine club member I really enjoy that you can have your wine of the month at dinner with no extra fee.Special Features:
- consistently goodSam525Dined on 10/4/2014It is always crowded and a great urban feel. Food is flavorful and service is very friendly. A great date night place. You may have to wait for a spot at the bar for wine tasting, but it is worth the wait.Special Features:
- WonderfulMeganb444Dined on 10/4/2014I can't say anything negative. Great restaurant. Great staff. Delicious food. Very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!TandCDined on 10/4/2014Good ambience, food, service, and wine. Friendly staff. Enjoyed our wine tasting experience, too.Special Features:
- Perfect!!!BethDined on 10/3/2014You can never go wrong at Cooper's Hawk! Food is excellent, service is always good, a great place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsatablefortwoDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food and wine. Service has been superior every time we have been. You must get reservations in advance ( thank you Open Table), it fills up fast. Loved the October special, should be on the menu always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lsimpsDined on 10/3/2014The waiter and the food was great! We went on our lunch hour and the food was very slow. A perfect place to go for dinner or a weekend lunch but unless you have a 2 hour lunch at your work (we don't) it is not a place to grab a bite and return to work!Special Features:
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014The restaurant was quite noisy. Celebrated 15th wedding anniversary and the staff did not do anything special for our occasion. In fact we were given a hard time about using credit on our wine club membership. Not a very good experience for our special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous afternoonMochaloveDined on 10/2/2014What a great way to celebrate a friends 92nd birthday!! The food was amazing, the service was wonderful, the atmosphere could not have been more inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business dinner!Spyder1Dined on 10/1/2014Our party had an enjoyable, relaxed dinner. We appreciated the excellent service and attention to our group needs. The steak medallions and grouper never fail to impress! Thanks to the entire Cooper's Hawk staff for making it a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's Hawk Defines ExceptionalCoopersRocksDined on 9/30/2014We visit Cooper's Hawk at every opportunity--the food at every level is noteworthy. The award winning wines are simply the best no matter what you prefer--White,Red,Fruit or even a taste of the bubbly. And last but by no means last is the SERVICE which is above and beyond what you would expect during your dinner/lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.