Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
1740 Freedom Drive
Naperville, IL 60563Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 6302458000
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 6302458000x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
576 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (399)special occasion (345)good for groups (248)fit for foodies (231)great for lunch (187)romantic (176)great for outdoor dining (158)hot spot (142)neighborhood gem (120)vibrant bar scene (103)great for brunch (51)late-night find (44)kid-friendly (35)scenic view (12)Show More
- ServiceDebraVIPDined on 9/28/2014Our server, Bobby, was most disinterested in serving us. Least best server I've ever had and I dine here often .The food was great though.Special Features:
- Always awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014I have visited this location on several occasions and I've NEVER had a bad experience. From being greeted at the door to me picking up my car from the complimentary valet area, my expectations are always exceeded. The wine tasting before dinner was awesome as well as our server Bob. He joked around with us and was very attentive to our needs. Never a bad moment at Coopers Hawk. I will be back!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSpecialNightOutDined on 9/26/2014With a reservation, we were seated promptly at a corner table with a great view. Our server Nathan was very knowledgable, courteous and keenly aware that we were there to take our time. We ordered the Pinot Gris, the Ahi Tuna (starter) and the sampler plate which all provided various flavors to get our juices going and set fine mood. We could have stopped there. Seriously, you could go in to have wine and appetizers and you'd be satisfied. We, however, stayed for dinner, ordering the Filet entree and the Ahi Tuna entree. Both dishes were excellent. Nathan was kind enough to serve a beautiful desert selection in honor of our anniversary. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Hreat conceptOJazzVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food is very good and service is great. This place is large and always packed! My only disappointment is with their wines. They are average. I had a Malbec that was lacking character. I am a wine snob with a fully stocked cellar so my expectation are high but this was less than I'd expect from a much lesser chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and wine but...DJohnsonDined on 9/24/2014I thought that the menu was a little pricey but not to far out of line. The service was our issue. I had called earlier and requested a table vs a booth and that it was my wife's birthday. When we arrived, no tables were available so we needed to wait 15 minutes or so. At the table our waiter was maybe average at best although it seemed he has been there for a while. I needed to ask for bread and he was in a rush to get our food order. When I asked about the braised short ribs he described them as just like Mom's pot roast. I chose a steak. It was busy and most tables were taken and the space is so noisy that it's hard to carry on a conversation without shouting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but waiter crabbyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Love coming here with family and friends but felt like the waiter was having a bad night. We were catching up with some family and we felt rushed to order. No bread until we asked for it (received during meal) forgot our salad we ordered and took a long time for drinks. He seemed very unhappy overall. The food we did get was great so was the wine (as always)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014Food & Service is always great. I always look forward to dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine, food & service!BobbyDined on 9/21/2014Recently celebrated a birthday with my family and loved this place. The wine was so good we joined their monthly wine club. The food and service was really good and we plan on making this a regular option for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayBirthdayDined on 9/21/2014Had Great birthday celebration for my sons 34th birthday. Great service ,great food and friendly placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!TheOneDined on 9/21/2014We had an awesome experience celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- First visitLfdaveDined on 9/20/2014Early seating for 3 senior citizens. Overhead music way too loud but they turned it down at my request. Excellent food and liked option to sample wine. Definitely will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingPennysLaneDined on 9/19/2014I love this place. Any time we have visitors we take them here because the food can't be beat and the wine selections and novelty of the aerator decanter are unique and impressive. The cost is typical for suburbia fine dining and the service has been excellent every time. We went on a Friday at 6:15 and secured a reservation via OpenTable a few hours before hand. Earlier in the day there was no availability for our desired time but have found that if you check again closer to that time you may find availability. Whenever we go around the 6:00 hour, the house is not usually full so the wait times are minimal. However, at apr 6:45, the place is packed and an hour or more wait time is feasible. And I always appreciate the Birthday treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodMAndersonDined on 9/19/2014I've dined here on several occasions and have always been delighted with their consistentlly good service, good food and good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantFoodyVIPDined on 9/18/2014I have been here a few times and the food and service is excellent. I would recommend this resaurant.Special Features:
- So GoodIAFoodieDined on 9/16/2014We made a reservation which was worth it! Weren't sure what to expect, I was worried it was going to be like an Olive Garden. It wasn't! Free valet! The bar had free wine tastings (3per) or you could purchase a flight. We had the nicest lady assisting us and explaining so much! I am not a red wine drinker and wound up loving 3! We did the fixed meal for $25 which included a salad or soup ( I had the blue cheese wedge unlike anything I'd ever had!) and my husband had the lobster bisque. They serve warm pretzel bread at the table! We added the cheese plate and it was amazing. The main entrees chosen were Gnocchi carbonara and mustard pretzel coated pork. So good! Had to have our desserts wrapped to go! Excellent value with the fixed price.Special Features:
- Booth location poorThirstygirlDined on 9/14/2014Sunday afternoon late lunch/early dinner. Restaurant not very busy and they put us in the worse booth possible (from my opinion). Right by the kitchen in/out area and the back of the booth was right by the drink station. Several wait staff loitered there and made it very difficult to talk 1) because of noise and 2) not very personal with waiters standing around. I made reservations in advance and would have hoped Coopers Hawk would use that booth last. Have gone to Coopers Hawk for years (first one in Orland) and love the food/wine--but my overall experience was ruined by the fact that we felt we were sitting in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Veggies and vinoJaneTheVeggieLoverDined on 9/13/2014I can't remember ever having red wine at the perfectly chilled temperature for drinking...until dining at Cooper's Hawk! The Pinot Noir was just that...perfect! The chef prepared a veggie plate for me that was delicious...sautéed garlic spinach, steamed green beans, carrots and zucchini, and a baked potato. Two members of our group had the grouper, and another had a trio of medallions of pork that they each raved about. We split a piece of chocolate layer cake with vanilla ice cream and lingered over coffee. Service was very attentive and helpful. The place was hopping on a Saturday night, but we were not hurried along. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Celebration!vtron35Dined on 9/13/2014We had a small party of women celebrating a upcoming marriage. We started with Wine Tasting and then had dinner afterwards. Fabulous Wine, Food and Service. Will be coming back again!!!Special Features:
- My FavoriteKimmygee814Dined on 9/12/2014One of my favorite restaurants! Always good food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusaniDined on 9/11/2014Our waiter was wonderful. I only had three issues and two of them were very small. My silverware was really dirty and had dried food on it which when I told the waiter he quickly replaced. Second we were never offered your delicious bread although our waiter came by our table often. I had to ask for it right before we got our meals. Last was the Lobster and Crab bisque was not as good as it normally is. It had almost no shellfish it it and was mostly some other chunky filler. I was really disappointed as I normally love this soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatAWJablonVIPDined on 9/10/2014Had surf & turf option of grouper & filet medallions medium-rare. Cooked perfectly. Grouper a very generous portion. Substituted potatoes for sautéed spinach-fantastic. Husband wanted pork medallions but was told by our server that the prep had changed. Wouldn't receive 3 individual pork filets, but one generous size. Decided to skip & he had the trip medallions instead. We've never had a bad meal here & always leaving with extra food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service - LOUD!!!!!YoungramDined on 9/10/2014First time, loved the food, server was knowledgeable and friendly - unfortunately we had to SCREAM at each other to have a conversation - I had a headache when I left. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Cooper's HawMicheleinILDined on 9/8/2014The food is amazing and so is the wine. We joined the wine club while we were there and can't wait for the one in Springfield to open which will be closer to us. We had the bacon wrapped shrimp for an appetizer! Delicious!Special Features:
- Not their best nightthinkpostDined on 9/7/2014I have always had a really nice experience here, until our last visit. Our filet was undercooked, and the chicken in our pasta dish was way overcooked. My tenderloins were very good. The cheese tray, wine, and service were all very good, as usual. I am hoping the cooking issues were a one-time occurrence. Otherwise, a really nice dinner.Special Features:
- Magical ExperienceChicagoJoeDined on 9/6/2014It was my 6th wedding anniversary and everything was really great.Special Features:
- Great dinner and wineCent1018Dined on 9/6/2014I love the atmosphere, food and wine at Cooper Hawk's Naperville. My favorite dish is the sea scallops, rice and asparagus. The Jambalaya is also delicious.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationFlipflop73Dined on 9/6/2014We celebrated my girlfriend's birthday. First time at copper hawks for most of us. We all had a wonderful time. Great wine and plenty of food. Our server was awesome. We asked to do a little investigating because of a dozen roses that were making the rounds. Turned out to be an engagement. We would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageAzlizDined on 9/6/2014I guess the attraction...and judging from the mob scene at this place, it's a HUGE attraction....is the wine because the food, while good, is hardly innovative or outstanding. Reliable? Yes. I've been to three different Cooper's Hawk and the food is consistent from place to place. Noise level at this one was very very high and conversation was difficult. The management generously offered a complimentary dessert to the couple in our party who were marking a wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.GrigsDined on 9/5/2014Our server was great. very friendly guy. Food was awesome. We had the build your own flight of wine. We got just what we expected. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelleVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went for my daughter's 25th Birthday, it was very busy, but they had our reservation and sat us immediately. I had a crutch which they offerred to keep up at the reception for me, very nice. The food we ordered was very good and I would definitely come back again. Loved the wine and overall everyone had a good time.Special Features:
- A New FavoriteHorsemanEdVIPDined on 9/4/2014I have been a member of the wine club for many years and always enjoyed the food and wine. I had an opportunity to introduce a friend to Coopers for lunch. He was blown away by the quality and taste of the food especially the Anne's Chicken Saltimbocca and the Crab and Lobster Bisque. I had the Beer Batter Tilapia Sandwich which was crispy and delicious. Coopers has a new found fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine drinkers will say hoorah!Tracy39013Dined on 9/3/2014Enjoyed a lunch visit on 9/3/14. Been there a half dozen times before, usually with a group of two other couples, once with a group of eight. Fine as always, with an extensive menu of entrees and libations. My wife enjoyed a "flight" of wine. I appreciated the scaled down lunch menu which meant I could finish the meal at one sitting with appetizer. Regular portions are large and usually require take home containers. Food quality has always been excellent. My wife enjoyed rare steak medallions which was good as the beef at Sullivan's or Merlot's. The place is usually crowded for lunch and dinner, so it can be very noisy making private conversation difficult. Tables are maybe too close together. But the food trumps all.Special Features:
- Food was sent back. Undercooked.CooperFanDined on 9/1/2014Wrong amount charged. Food undercooked. Patio closed due to understaffed.
- Definitely a favorite!RaysGirlDined on 9/1/2014Cooper's Hawk knows how to run a restaurant. From great service to great food and reasonable prices, you can't beat it. We've never been disappointed. The wine is very good - Wine tastings are fun and educational as the staff knows their products backwards and forwards. The restaurant is always clean and inviting, you can eat outside during nice weather and the bar is big and comfortable - a great place to watch the game, eat dinner or just hang out with drinks and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ebcriticDined on 9/1/2014Nice atmosphere - enjoyed the wine tasting before lunchSpecial Features:
- Very relaxing dinnerWineloverDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I had dinner on the patio - the food was excellent, the wine delightful and the service was outstanding. Our server, Jennifer, was very knowledgable about all the wines and food and never tried to rush us. We are members of Coopershawk Wine Club and enjoy the benefits. This was our first visit to this location in Naperville and definitely not our last.Special Features:
- KB520Dined on 8/31/2014Since we are Cooper Hawk wine members we usually dine here at least once a month. My husband has several favorites that he has never been disappointed with. I eat a plant based diet so always have the Mediteranium salad without the feta cheese and the dressing on the side. Love the roasted tomato soup when they have it. The wait staff is the best- always very friendly and knowlegable.Special Features:
- Fun, energetic, livelySeaBassLoverDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I had a great time with our son. We had a couple of bottles of wine, very good food, all in a lively atmosphere. The chicken piccata is outstanding. Our server was very attentive but I'm sorry, I can't recall her name--she was very efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine tasting!MikepacDined on 8/30/20143 out of 4 of us were wine newbies. The waitress was great! We were able to sample 2 different wines before we settled on 2 flights. This gave us the opportunity to sample so many different wines. It was a great tasting experience. The meal was as good as the wine. A very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Just so-so this timemaddie3260Dined on 8/29/2014I dine here at least once a month. Last weekend I checked in early for a dinner reservation and waited by the desk. 20 minutes after our reservation time I asked when we may be seated. I was told (in a "it's your fault" sort of way) that I had been texted 3 times about my table being ready. I was not told they would text, did not have my phone out, and the room was incredibly loud. I checked and had NO texts. A manager did apologize and said this was a new procedure and that we should have been told. The server was good, but my favorite pork medallions dish has been changed to a pork chop (to be fair, it is of equal portion size). It was tough compared to the original medallions. A disappointing evening overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.