Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
1740 Freedom Drive
Naperville, IL 60563Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: (630) 245-8000
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 6302458000x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
580 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (415)special occasion (345)good for groups (276)fit for foodies (247)great for lunch (187)romantic (179)hot spot (163)neighborhood gem (120)great for outdoor dining (117)vibrant bar scene (117)great for brunch (46)late-night find (44)kid-friendly (37)scenic view (12)Show More
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014The food was very good. Halthy choices were deliciously prepared. Service was excellent-attentive but not annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and badAnonomousDined on 11/14/2014Even with a reservation, it took quite awhile to get seated. Once seated, the food was delicious and the service was excellent. We plan on going again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/12/2014I always have a great time at Cooppers Hawk. Food is above average and their varietal wines go down well.
- Birthday lunch was excellent with helpful staff.pam52VIPDined on 11/12/2014We went there for my husband's birthday for lunch during a weekday and also to pick up our wine as we are members. Excellent lunch, not too noisy, and good service. Was a very enjoyable experience. We got to use our birthday coupons which made it extra special, along with the birthday dessert they provided with a candle. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Not ImpressivesoozVIPDined on 11/11/2014people flock to this place - its hard to get a reservation. I don't get it since the food is not very good. They have a huge menu but its just not great. The wine stuff is fun and they have alot of circuses around the wine. Cute gift shop. But if you are a foodie then skip this place. i got the shrimp and it did not pair well with the guacamole on the plate. The bisque soup was really good though.Special Features:
- Great for date nightGNVNDined on 11/9/2014This restaurant is a great place for date night- especially if you enjoy wine tasting. Service is EXCELLENTSpecial Features:
- MsFerisDined on 11/9/2014Always a pleasure. Great food; excellent service.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant!PattiVIPDined on 11/9/2014Cooper's Hawk is one of my favorite restaurants. Love the membership and all the perks. The food, service and atmosphere are always just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Server Will bring us back!pegchic23Dined on 11/9/2014I picked the restaurant for this double date lunch. Wow - we were treated the BEST by Monica our server who made our dining experience a wonderful feast. Just enough interaction to keep our lunch moving over the 3 hours we were there, never pushing us ahead or out. The food, wine, appetizers and dessert were all tasty. We took home one of the specials since it sounded so good and we could not order more food for lunch. We are a tough crowd to please since we eat out very often, but this place is now on our list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time visit.I'll be backSaralaDined on 11/9/2014Went for an early lunch on Sunday after Naperville marathon. Sat in winery which was lovely. Great service by Jennifer. Drinks were quick and food was hot and delicious. We loved both the mushroom soup and lobster bisque, both standouts and reasons to return! The stuffed mushroom and pork tostadas apps served as meals for 2 of us along with the soup while our guys got a chicken sandwich and chicken madeira. Loved both. The only problem was with our doggie bags. My husband was disappointed when arriving home didn't have the fries that went with the sandwich!! He hadn't eaten but a few and was looking forward to them for later. They were not included in our take home as they are packed in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Too many great choices!MikeDined on 11/8/2014CH is a great place to dine. The menu is unique, tasty and has so many wonderful dishes, it is often difficult to choose only one entree to eat! The wine list is extensive, as is their full bar selection of spirits and craft beers. Be sure to have a reservation during peak times as the walk in times will be very long otherwise. The wine tasting room is a great way to kill some of the wait time should you need to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5:00 dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Everything was fantastic! Great food and wine! We were celebrating my birthday, and I absolutely loved it... We also purchased 2 bottles of the CHRed to take home. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent, but a bit of a let downtreeman5Dined on 11/8/2014I looked at the menu prior to going there, saw the prices and therefore had an expectation of what the food should taste like. I was left a bit disappointed. The soup of the day was mushroom which had ground up mushroom in it rather than chunks. Not only did it look very unappetizing, it had the mouth feel of baby food. Taste was good, but not great. I had the 9oz filet and Mary's potatoes for my main course - potatoes were excellent. The filet was a nice cut of meat and was cooked a perfect medium, but it lacked flavor - except of course the burnt taste around the edges (and when I say burnt, I don't mean that nice char that it should have). Excellent service, nice decor.Special Features:
- One of our favorite places to go!!KB520VIPDined on 11/8/2014We have never had a bad time here! The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable and the food and wine are always good! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!YummyDined on 11/7/2014The food was delicious as we're the drinks. Everything was moderately priced. I had the lobster bisque which was delicious followed by a ravioli stuffed with a really smooth sweet squash in a light cream sauce with seafood. It was really good. In fact, I'll be having the same exact thing the next time I go. My only complaint is that it's hard to get in on a weekend. Make your reservations several days in advance 3 to 4 days at least. Without one you may have a 2+ hour wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrsSmithDined on 11/7/2014I have been a club member since the first Cooper's Hawk opened and I love this restaurant. I am a really serious wine drinker and I like the variety offered through the wine of the month (except the sweet wines). The food has always been of good quality and the service has never disappointed me.Special Features:
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014I go at least once a week and will continue to regardless of the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum & yumBirthdayDined on 11/6/2014We had the squash ravioli special, and the over the border egg rolls, they we out of this world. Our waitress was exceptionally friendly and informative on the menu choices. We will definetly be there again.Special Features:
- well RoundedLutzyDined on 11/4/2014A very nice mix of great food, nice ambiance and great wineSpecial Features:
- 40th anniversary dinnerCocoDined on 11/2/20144 couples went there for dinner. It was very nice. Just a bit noisy. But very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ms LizLizzyDined on 11/2/2014Great food and service. Outstanding Wine list. Great for groups of people. Appetizers are fit for main meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousmeatmanDined on 11/2/2014Great place with large menu to choose from. It is a tad pricey. Nice size meals however and salads and soups great a la carte options.Special Features:
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014This is a beautiful setting for a nice dinner or lunch... The food was delicious, service was good. I recommend the chopped wedge salad and ahi tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Went on a Saturday night. Reservations for 7:15, and we were sat right on time. Without reservations about a 2 hour wait. Stayed busy all night, great service, good wine, menu ok. No rush, great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nil was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We got there early - so we sat in the bar and Nil took care of us. She was probably the nicest bartender I have EVERY met!! She not only took time to talk to us - she offered us some wine tasting before our friends got there and she explained how they wine club worked. We ordered some pizza and I guess it got lost because everyone else got food around us that ordered after us and she said that someone took ours - so she gave it to us for free!! Honestly - we very much enjoyed her company - it was clear that she liked her job and she enjoyed talking with people and we want to come back just to have her serve us some more wine!!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Let me start by saying we had a wonderfull experience and a fabulous meal. That being said the table side commercial for the wine club has to go. I understand the "Upsale". But, give the pitch while taking our order then go away. Our server interupted our meal no less than 6 times with the pitch. Don't ruin the experience with endless nagging. BTW, We did join the club.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014This was our first visit to Cooper's Hawk. The food was good! I should have asked for my shrimp to be a little more sautéed for my jambalaya. Our waitress was good and made some good suggestions for wine. Overall it was a good experience, I would definitely visit this location again.Special Features:
- FamilyDate2014DayDate2014Dined on 10/31/2014We had family date night. And it was awesone. The food was excellent. The service was great. The staff was awesome. I love the wine club, the wine tastings, the various dishes and the ambiance. The prices are perfect. Thank you for making family date night affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine, good foodBookchicVIPDined on 10/31/2014Good wine- coopers Hawk has a fabulous selection of different varieties of wine. Their best is the LUX but is you like good reds and don't want to sprint for the $47 lux cab, try the zin/ cab blend at $29. Good and it opens up necely. They also do a good job of matching their entrees with the best wine to drink. They food is very good. This time my husband had a tilapia salad (which he enjoyed) and I tried the short ribs. The flavor was great BUT my meal was NOT hot. I didn't want to send it back for fear it would have gone into a microwave, so I went ahead and ate it. Again, flavor was excellent and it went well with the cab zin blend. But I like my food hot! Service was professional and well paced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!SammyDined on 10/31/2014Love this place!! Always a great experience! I highly re comedy joining the wine club too!Special Features:
- Great place for date night.DinningdivaDined on 10/31/2014Love the atmosphere. Service is always perfect! Great place for date night with the hubby, dinner with the family, or small groups. They have two rooms for private parties. I love the barrel room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2014I love cooper's hawk for any occasion. The wait staff is very knowledgeable about the restaurant and enjoy sharing with the quest. They are friendly and engaging for the moments I am in their care. I always fell welcome and comfortable knowing that I will enjoy my meal (which by the way is always delicious) and wines selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious But.....CHINYCFoodieDined on 10/29/2014The food was amazing! the choice of wines was perfect! I enjoyed the trio medallion (could have left out the horseradish one - egghhhh) presentation was spot on. the restaurant is beautiful and classy. the wine bar for tasting is great! there is a separate bar area thats great too. the only dislike --- our waiter wasn't very good. we sat down at 1215p, got our food order taken at 1pm (45min just to take our food order!!) our soup/salads arrived i had one spoonful and then our main entree arrived! i was upset because i really wanted to enjoy my soup and i felt very rushed, i asked the waiter to please take it and keep it warm, to make sure that the meat didn't over cook ( i like mine medium).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food / free wine samplesTastebuddyDined on 10/28/2014Our food was excellent, as was the service, and the guesswork was taken out of wine pairing--menu suggested wine pairings (own label) and free wine samples were encouraged. We were there on a Tuesday and it was energetic and packed out . . . but a bit too noisy for a date night. Since it is near a lot of hotels, there seemed to be a lot of business groups there--a weekend night might have a different feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 2 in 1 Spot!vgspots2Dined on 10/27/2014We had a great experience this past visit. The food was timely and excellent as always. The wines are always fun to try and venture in to new areas. It's a pleasure to have both a great food experience plus a fantastic winery located in one place. Our server was timely, attentive, and funny. What's not to like! The noise was not as bad as times in the past. If they could do something about that, then I would have given 5 stars in every category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014When Cooper's Hawk opened several years ago, we were very impressed. Unfortunately, the food has declined - and is becoming run of the mill, chain restaurant. While the steak was perfectly cooked, the salmon was dry, the potatoes were lukewarm and the scallops were gritty and overcooked. The waiter was attentive and helpful, but we felt as if the focus was turning the table over quickly. We were looking forward to a night out and the ability to enjoy a full experience. Instead, we were pushed through from appetizer to bill in just under 45 minutes. The wine tasting we did before hand took almost as much time as dinner itself. Definitely not worth the bill we paid.Special Features:
- HatenicknamesDined on 10/25/2014The wine, wine club and food choices are excellent. The wine and wine club initially brought us to this restaurant. The food is excellent in taste and quality. We find ourselves going back to Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant frequently.Special Features:
- MinminDined on 10/25/2014I consider myself to be a "foodie" and was somewhat disappointed. I've heard good things about the food but compared to the restaurants in Oak Brook and Chicago, Cooper's Hawk was sub-par. Portion size was good and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFood4ThoughtDined on 10/25/2014Cooper's Hawk is one our favorite local restaurants. Service is always great and the food is consistently very well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceUsuallyLoveDined on 10/24/2014We've been to CH many times and were excited to go Friday. Unfortunatly we had terrible service and the menu seems to have changed. I asked if they still had the Chicken Parm and the waitress said yes - what I got was not what used to be on the menu, it was more of a Parm Crusted Chicken with lemon and not good at all. The waitress never asked how the meal was even when she picked up my plate and it hadn't been touched - aside from asking if i'd like my left overs wrapped which I declined. In addition, the pork medallions which were another favorite of ours and still on the menu, came as one big pork chop. Something we wouldn't order again either.Special Features: