Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
1740 Freedom Drive
Naperville, IL 60563Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 6302458000
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 6302458000x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
569 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (389)special occasion (349)good for groups (252)fit for foodies (233)great for lunch (186)romantic (177)great for outdoor dining (162)hot spot (142)neighborhood gem (125)vibrant bar scene (100)great for brunch (56)late-night find (46)kid-friendly (34)scenic view (13)Show More
- Booth location poorThirstygirlDined on 9/14/2014Sunday afternoon late lunch/early dinner. Restaurant not very busy and they put us in the worse booth possible (from my opinion). Right by the kitchen in/out area and the back of the booth was right by the drink station. Several wait staff loitered there and made it very difficult to talk 1) because of noise and 2) not very personal with waiters standing around. I made reservations in advance and would have hoped Coopers Hawk would use that booth last. Have gone to Coopers Hawk for years (first one in Orland) and love the food/wine--but my overall experience was ruined by the fact that we felt we were sitting in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Veggies and vinoJaneTheVeggieLoverDined on 9/13/2014I can't remember ever having red wine at the perfectly chilled temperature for drinking...until dining at Cooper's Hawk! The Pinot Noir was just that...perfect! The chef prepared a veggie plate for me that was delicious...sautéed garlic spinach, steamed green beans, carrots and zucchini, and a baked potato. Two members of our group had the grouper, and another had a trio of medallions of pork that they each raved about. We split a piece of chocolate layer cake with vanilla ice cream and lingered over coffee. Service was very attentive and helpful. The place was hopping on a Saturday night, but we were not hurried along. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had a small party of women celebrating a upcoming marriage. We started with Wine Tasting and then had dinner afterwards. Fabulous Wine, Food and Service. Will be coming back again!!!Special Features:
- My FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014One of my favorite restaurants! Always good food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusaniDined on 9/11/2014Our waiter was wonderful. I only had three issues and two of them were very small. My silverware was really dirty and had dried food on it which when I told the waiter he quickly replaced. Second we were never offered your delicious bread although our waiter came by our table often. I had to ask for it right before we got our meals. Last was the Lobster and Crab bisque was not as good as it normally is. It had almost no shellfish it it and was mostly some other chunky filler. I was really disappointed as I normally love this soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatAWJablonVIPDined on 9/10/2014Had surf & turf option of grouper & filet medallions medium-rare. Cooked perfectly. Grouper a very generous portion. Substituted potatoes for sautéed spinach-fantastic. Husband wanted pork medallions but was told by our server that the prep had changed. Wouldn't receive 3 individual pork filets, but one generous size. Decided to skip & he had the trip medallions instead. We've never had a bad meal here & always leaving with extra food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service - LOUD!!!!!YoungramDined on 9/10/2014First time, loved the food, server was knowledgeable and friendly - unfortunately we had to SCREAM at each other to have a conversation - I had a headache when I left. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Not their best nightthinkpostDined on 9/7/2014I have always had a really nice experience here, until our last visit. Our filet was undercooked, and the chicken in our pasta dish was way overcooked. My tenderloins were very good. The cheese tray, wine, and service were all very good, as usual. I am hoping the cooking issues were a one-time occurrence. Otherwise, a really nice dinner.Special Features:
- Magical ExperienceChicagoJoeDined on 9/6/2014It was my 6th wedding anniversary and everything was really great.Special Features:
- Great dinner and wineCent1018Dined on 9/6/2014I love the atmosphere, food and wine at Cooper Hawk's Naperville. My favorite dish is the sea scallops, rice and asparagus. The Jambalaya is also delicious.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationFlipflop73Dined on 9/6/2014We celebrated my girlfriend's birthday. First time at copper hawks for most of us. We all had a wonderful time. Great wine and plenty of food. Our server was awesome. We asked to do a little investigating because of a dozen roses that were making the rounds. Turned out to be an engagement. We would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageAzlizDined on 9/6/2014I guess the attraction...and judging from the mob scene at this place, it's a HUGE attraction....is the wine because the food, while good, is hardly innovative or outstanding. Reliable? Yes. I've been to three different Cooper's Hawk and the food is consistent from place to place. Noise level at this one was very very high and conversation was difficult. The management generously offered a complimentary dessert to the couple in our party who were marking a wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.GrigsDined on 9/5/2014Our server was great. very friendly guy. Food was awesome. We had the build your own flight of wine. We got just what we expected. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelleVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went for my daughter's 25th Birthday, it was very busy, but they had our reservation and sat us immediately. I had a crutch which they offerred to keep up at the reception for me, very nice. The food we ordered was very good and I would definitely come back again. Loved the wine and overall everyone had a good time.Special Features:
- A New FavoriteHorsemanEdVIPDined on 9/4/2014I have been a member of the wine club for many years and always enjoyed the food and wine. I had an opportunity to introduce a friend to Coopers for lunch. He was blown away by the quality and taste of the food especially the Anne's Chicken Saltimbocca and the Crab and Lobster Bisque. I had the Beer Batter Tilapia Sandwich which was crispy and delicious. Coopers has a new found fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine drinkers will say hoorah!Tracy39013Dined on 9/3/2014Enjoyed a lunch visit on 9/3/14. Been there a half dozen times before, usually with a group of two other couples, once with a group of eight. Fine as always, with an extensive menu of entrees and libations. My wife enjoyed a "flight" of wine. I appreciated the scaled down lunch menu which meant I could finish the meal at one sitting with appetizer. Regular portions are large and usually require take home containers. Food quality has always been excellent. My wife enjoyed rare steak medallions which was good as the beef at Sullivan's or Merlot's. The place is usually crowded for lunch and dinner, so it can be very noisy making private conversation difficult. Tables are maybe too close together. But the food trumps all.Special Features:
- Food was sent back. Undercooked.CooperFanDined on 9/1/2014Wrong amount charged. Food undercooked. Patio closed due to understaffed.
- Definitely a favorite!RaysGirlDined on 9/1/2014Cooper's Hawk knows how to run a restaurant. From great service to great food and reasonable prices, you can't beat it. We've never been disappointed. The wine is very good - Wine tastings are fun and educational as the staff knows their products backwards and forwards. The restaurant is always clean and inviting, you can eat outside during nice weather and the bar is big and comfortable - a great place to watch the game, eat dinner or just hang out with drinks and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ebcriticDined on 9/1/2014Nice atmosphere - enjoyed the wine tasting before lunchSpecial Features:
- Very relaxing dinnerWineloverDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I had dinner on the patio - the food was excellent, the wine delightful and the service was outstanding. Our server, Jennifer, was very knowledgable about all the wines and food and never tried to rush us. We are members of Coopershawk Wine Club and enjoy the benefits. This was our first visit to this location in Naperville and definitely not our last.Special Features:
- KB520Dined on 8/31/2014Since we are Cooper Hawk wine members we usually dine here at least once a month. My husband has several favorites that he has never been disappointed with. I eat a plant based diet so always have the Mediteranium salad without the feta cheese and the dressing on the side. Love the roasted tomato soup when they have it. The wait staff is the best- always very friendly and knowlegable.Special Features:
- Great wine tasting!MikepacDined on 8/30/20143 out of 4 of us were wine newbies. The waitress was great! We were able to sample 2 different wines before we settled on 2 flights. This gave us the opportunity to sample so many different wines. It was a great tasting experience. The meal was as good as the wine. A very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Just so-so this timemaddie3260Dined on 8/29/2014I dine here at least once a month. Last weekend I checked in early for a dinner reservation and waited by the desk. 20 minutes after our reservation time I asked when we may be seated. I was told (in a "it's your fault" sort of way) that I had been texted 3 times about my table being ready. I was not told they would text, did not have my phone out, and the room was incredibly loud. I checked and had NO texts. A manager did apologize and said this was a new procedure and that we should have been told. The server was good, but my favorite pork medallions dish has been changed to a pork chop (to be fair, it is of equal portion size). It was tough compared to the original medallions. A disappointing evening overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!dsingram07Dined on 8/29/2014I'm happy I chose this restaurant to celebrate my grandma's 7th birthday. Great ambiance. Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good food, loudLLRR4Dined on 8/29/2014The staff members were all friendly and attentive. I really enjoyed the entree that I had (chicken saltimboccca) and the dessert was fantastic (bread pudding). My husband had the fish and chips. Instead of hand-cut fries, they were frozen fries. That was a little disappointing. As for ambiance, all I could smell was fish when I walked into the dining area, and it's pretty loud. I like to be able to have a conversation at dinner without having to raise my voice. I really like the contraptions they use for aerating the red wine. Fun to watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Promised and Under DeliveredGreatExpectationsDined on 8/29/2014I'm new to the area and this place was referred to by a friend. This was my first visit here and I wasn't that impressed. My food was okay, but it was too oily and bland. The service was kind of touch and go (our waiter didn't explain a lot and it took him forever to bring us anything) and it was over priced. Plus the loud people behind me kept yelling at each other and I couldn't even hear my waiter. My cheesecake was also bland and the strawberries were bitter, the wine wasn't that good either. Over priced for the experience I had. I would give this place one more chance, but if it under performs again, I won't be back. On a positive note their Chocolate Truffles are out of this would-they were the only great thing about my meal.Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICE!!!MsMelixoVIPDined on 8/29/2014THE WAIT STAFF HERE IS ONE OF THE BEST AROUND & JOHN MC IS AWESOME! FOOD IS GREAT - AMBIENCE IS GREAT! LOVE THIS PLACE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunchAnnetteDined on 8/29/2014Lunch at Cooper's Hawk is a nice experience. Last Friday, I had lunch there with a friend, and I decided to try something different. So I had the veggie burger with a side of slaw. The veggie burger itself was very good, but the bun that came with it was rather disappointing. The slaw tasted great, but the cabbage pieces were long and stringy. It was like eating spaghetti, which I don't like to do when dining out because it's so hard to be neat while eating it. Had I known what to expect, I would have ordered something else.Special Features:
- Super local find!GiddsDined on 8/28/2014A lot of restaurants in the Naperville area promise much but seem to deliver pretty ordinary food. At Cooper's Hawk, it's different! We found excellent food choice and an equally good wine list. Appetisers (we had chicken pot stickers and crab cakes) and main courses (salmon with ginger soy, and chicken filet) came with interesting potato and vegetable choices all very fresh tasting and different from the usual. Great wine too - their own label white was delicious! Nice atmosphere, busy but not over noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fav and never disappoints!PinoVinoDined on 8/28/2014Best staff...always pleasant and accommodating. Love the food and wines. Great for any occasion or just to get out! Wine Club membership is highly worth it🍷🍴Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coopers Hawk NapervilleMFOGenevaDined on 8/28/2014This was my first visit and I had read reviews about the noise level. I knew this going in so I'm not complaining. Just be aware. This is not a good choice if anyone in your party has issues with background noise. One person (out of six) in our party was on a restricted diet and made that known to the server. Her order was not prepared as requested (just plain, no sauce no butter) and it took 15 minutes to replace. By then, the rest of us had to start. There were apologies, but no offer to comp or even a glass of wine on the house. Unfortunately, the initial error and the incompetent follow up detracted from the overall experience. I give the food (try the pork tostadas) and wine high marks. Not sure if I'll go back.Special Features:
- RedhdbestDined on 8/27/2014Outstanding as always. Took my parents to thank them for help and my Mom had pram chicken, it was excellent. My Dad loved the soy salmon and my filet was butter tender. Had the pork belly tostadas which I am addicted toSpecial Features:
- Nice visitJanefamDined on 8/27/2014Had a nice visit, but nothing too impressive. Waiter seemed a bit overwhelmed or more interested on other tables. Specifically made reservations notes for a patio table ( the only reason we wanted to go for dinner) and was told there were none available. All in all simply ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with mixed feelings...Zamo51Dined on 8/26/2014Cooper's Hawk was very accommodating for our girls night out dinner. I'd asked for a quiet area, possibly in a separate room and we were given the "Barrel Room." It was the perfect setting. The Lettuce Wraps were the absolute best part of the dinner for me that evening. Fresh ingredients and ample serving allowed several of us to sample and enjoy. The disappointing part was the dinner. I ordered the Prime Rib Sandwich and thought I'd make it clear that I was looking for a nice prime rib slice of meat, rather than the sandwich option. What I received was a small heap of thinly sliced luke-warm and somewhat fatty and grisly prime rib with one pickle and a bit of Asian slaw for $16.99! I wish they had told me it was shaved beef. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Sunday evening wine-ingPugMsdinesfineDined on 8/24/2014Our recent visit to Naperville's Cooper's Hawk was just what we needed to recuperate from a hectic weekend and gear up for the coming week. The wine tasting featured a knowledgeable sommelier who started our night out with some great wines. We followed that with an excellent meal. The pretzel bread is served warm with softened butter. The Country rigatoni pasta was cooked to perfection and amply portioned. The burger with jalapeños was nicely spicy, juicy, and simply yummy! We have yet to find a menu item that we have found to be lacking in terms of taste or portion size. The staff is always friendly as well as knowledgeable. Give this place a try! We know you'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLuv2dineDined on 8/24/2014I have chosen this restaurant to go to the past 3 years for my birthday and have always had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJeanDined on 8/24/2014Food and service was excellent. Would definitely go their again and recommend to family and friends. Join the wine club if you enjoy a great bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceMartheneVIPDined on 8/24/2014Cooper's Hawk sets the bar for excellence in service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/20141. Strollers are not allowed here. Please NOTE THIS SOMEWHERE. 2. The food portions are RIDICULOUSLY small. the grouper was about the size of two paperclips. The crabvcakes were soggy and tasteless. Steak was the savior. 3. The wait time for table clearing/packing leftovers (ESPECIALLY WITH A BIGGER GROUP) was much too long.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Went for the first time because we had heard good things about their wine selection. We were very pleasantly surprised by the excellent food! Will definitely return.Special Features: