Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Merrillville
2120 Southlake Mall
Merrillville, IN 46410Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Merrillville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 2197959463
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 2197959463x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Merrillville
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Merrillville - Best Restaurants in Merrillville, IN ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Merrillville reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (111)special occasion (92)fit for foodies (58)romantic (58)good for groups (56)great for lunch (52)hot spot (37)neighborhood gem (25)kid-friendly (21)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (15)late-night find (15)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Sweetest Day DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I enjoyed bringing my husband here for Sweetest Day. The food and service were excellent. I have a background in interior design and as such, enjoyed the design aesthetic and vibe. If there was one thing I would change it would be to provide a tasteful amount of lounge seating in the waiting area. I was not a fan of the fact that the restaurant connected with the mall. That element made the vibe a little too casual when compared to the menu offerings and overall pricepoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Heard so many great things about Cooper's hawk, could not wait to try it. Overall, an okay experience, I'm notsure i believe it was a meal worthy of $100. I had the crab cakes and filet mignon medallions. I requested medium, one steak was rarish, the other medium well. Whatever. i ate them both. The crab cakes were gross. They fell apart and were greasy-ish. I was not surprised-most restaurants do mediocre crabcakes. My boyfriend had the chicken and pasta- it was okay. We did not get around to the wine tasting. I will try eating here again-just to experience the wine tasting-if that does not work out. i will not be back again. OH....I forgot, the apple pie was DELICIOus!!! the thickish pie crust was divine aand the filling was.just AWESOME.Special Features:
- PleasedBdel1218Dined on 10/18/2014Over all very pleased with our server and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitwinegirlDined on 10/18/2014We really enjoyed our visit. We did the wine tasting first then met friends for dinner. Food and drinks were great. Service was a little slow but it wasn't awful. The restaurant was beautiful and very clean.Special Features:
- Good foodAwesomeDined on 10/17/2014Great service great wine great food...go there eat the food sample the wines try the chocolates and all the other edible delightsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's Hawk is delicious!!AmandaLizDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I dine here for any special occasion. The food is most delicious!! The service is impeccable and the selection of wines are most impressive! It is our new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice and Wine, tooMAC6VIPDined on 10/17/2014Love the variety of the menu offerings. The suggested pairings are very helpful and wise choices. The servers are all quite knowledgeable with the food and the wines.Special Features:
- Great to an extentFoodGran54Dined on 10/16/2014We were originally shown to a table that was jammed between others - literally - and fortunately were able to opt for a booth. The noise level was deafening, and I overhead a server comment that it was a slow night. Our server was wonderful, polite and attentive. Started the meal with the lobster/crab bisque, which was excellent. The filet mignon, however, was not as tasty as I had expected from that cut of meat, and the broccoli served on the side was stone cold and raw. Betty's Potatoes were an excellent side dish. Any romance hoped for in the anniversary dinner being celebrated was totally lost in the overwhelming background noise; conversation was difficult at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceKcdinerDined on 10/11/2014Everything was amazing! The wine tasting was wonderful thanks to the friendly staff- and both of our dinners were excellent. I had the scallops (my favorite) with the Jasmine rice and my husband tried one of the gnocchi dishes that our waitress recommended! Both were fantastic! We also got the Mexican drunken shrimp for an appetizer and that is a personal fav as well! Great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusterDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service. We have highly recommended Cooper's Hawk to all our friends.Special Features:
- Try the sausage flatbread! SO Good!GirlsnightoutDined on 10/10/2014We love this place and the pesto flatbread with sausage and giardiniera is definitely our new favorite app!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceboxmakerDined on 10/4/2014This is the first time, out of several times dinning here, where the server timed the food correctly (Michael) usually the food is rushed, and I have to resort to ordering one course at a time. Michael was understanding of my concerns and did an excellent Job The food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Great place in a small town.PedroDined on 10/2/2014The Wine they make is pretty good. Also one of the best churrasco that I have had. Good food, good wine and a nice clean place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but Great food!HuttDined on 10/1/2014Great food but the noise level was too high to carry on a low tone conversation. First time ever at this restaurant and was looking for a romantic setting, but didn't find it. However, the food was excellent. I need a place that accomodiates both.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeWine4uDined on 9/26/2014Tilapia salad was awesome Had the wine and chocolate for an amazing dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!lzellerDined on 9/25/2014The steak and crab cakes were delicious. The service was great.Special Features:
- best mealdateniteDined on 9/21/2014Awesome dining experiance , from the appetizer to dessert everything was spot on. Going to be a repeat customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSavvydinerDined on 9/20/2014After much hype, we went here for our second anniversary. The restaurant was nice enough overall but very loud. We couldn't hear each other speak and the food was mediocre at best. I had surf and turf with excellent salmon but probably the worst filet medallions that I've ever had. The wine was good and we had a good time sampling and experiencing the different ones. Overall, we spent over a hundred dollars on a meal that shouldn't have been more than 50 or 60.Special Features:
- Our 30th Anniversary DinnerBobean57Dined on 9/15/2014My husband and I had a late supper on our Anniversary at this restaurant. This is our new place for dinner. Appetizers are filling and delicious. The wine is like no other that we have ever had. Can't wait to make our next reservations for a initimate dinner real soon.Special Features:
- Love the wine-tasting bar!DoubleStuffDined on 9/13/2014If you're a wine-lover, this is the place. There's a beautiful wine-tasting bar with attentive staff which has a CA Napa Valley feel. I wouldn't recommend coming on a Saturday night, however. It's difficult to get waited on in the wine-tasting bar, which was full when we were here. The food was delicious and nicely presented. The server, who was very busy, could have brought us water without us asking, and filled it when it was empty, which he didn't, but again, the place was packed. We also had to ask for silverware/napkins. For the price, I would have expected more from the service. Overall, I would recommend this classy, casual/fine dining restaurant, but would come on a weekday, where you could get the full experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- onthegoonthegoVIPDined on 9/10/2014Fabulous find in Merrillville Indiana, nestled in the mall. We had great service and a variety of entrees that were fantastic. Very comfortable atmosphere for a fun time. We had a group of 6 and everyone was pleased with what they ordered.Special Features:
- great placeerlamimiDined on 9/8/2014The food and drink are outstanding. The only problem I have with this place is the sound - it's loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAwesomeDined on 9/5/2014Great food great wine great time every time we are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cathyfoodie1Dined on 9/5/2014excellent food, from appetizers thru dinner with many great wine pairings to choose from. Love that you can "taste" the wine before committing to a glass or bottle, and try several options to ensure you get what you really enjoy. Our server was great - attentive without being pestySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestFoodieDined on 9/4/2014My reviews are always the same: great food, great ambiance, great service. My significant other had a birthday, so I took her to the place where we had our first date. Coopers Hawk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant evening!nodoggybagsDined on 9/4/2014My hubby and I went here to celebrate our 30th anniversary, albeit a month late due to my sons wedding which was scheduled 2 days before our anniversary. I made a reservation here at open table, so when we arrived they took us back for seating right away. They initially sat us out in the open dining area. Not exactly a location for an intimate meal. I asked immediately to be seating somewhere more intimate, and they obliged. So, we had the privacy we wanted. We ordered the drunken shrimp appetizer, and it was very, very good. The meals were also very good. I had the pistachio encrusted grouper, my hubby had the parmesan steak medallions. Everything was cooked to our liking. As an added plus, the waitress brought us a small plate of sweets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well roundedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014We went with two for a birthday dinner. Great service, very helpful providing plenty wine tastings before actually deciding. The food was fantastic and the service was on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secretMrjdVIPDined on 9/2/2014This was a pleasant surprise for such a spectacular lunch at this establishment. It is Indiana's best kept secret. We are wine lovers and foodies and I must say we are still talking about our experience to others. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Don't usually write reviews but this resturant was so good nobody in our party of 5 very picky people had any complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceexcellentfoods2014Dined on 8/30/2014My family and I appreciated the ability to sample 2 wines each before we purchased glasses of wine. This is a real draw for me and my adult children who are beginning to taste different types of wine and liquor. The food was excellent. We all liked our meals. The only drawback is that it is on the expensive side. So we would use it as a special occassion restaurant.Special Features:
- Love this place!GirlsnightoutDined on 8/29/2014Great service, great selection of wine and cocktails, never has bad food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLovieDovie1Dined on 8/28/2014I really enjoyed everything about dining here at Cooper's Hawk tonight. The Service, Food, and Wine was everything I excepted and more. I'm looking forward to my next "night out" at Cooper's Hawk.Special Features:
- Thank-you very much! AMAZING NIGHT!AmazingNMemorableDined on 8/27/2014We were very pleased with our very 1st visit to Cooper's Hawk in Merrillville, Indiana. The customer service level was amazing from the time we set foot in the door. Our server Rakell was OVER THE TOP PHENOMENAL!!! Jaimie (her trainee) was also amazing and extremely friendly and helpful. They both set the bar for expectations of service very high. We will be visiting Cooper's Hawk at least once a month, and will most definitely ask for Rakell or Jaimie to be our server. They delivered service with a smile and always had friendly suggestions when we asked about wine or menu items. They are truly a blessing to Cooper's Hawk and I hope that they get the great recognition that they deserve. It was truly AN AMAZING WONDERFUL NIGHT! thank-you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodFoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food and service at Cooper's Hawk is always good. My friends and I meet for a monthly dinner and always enjoy our experience. The wine itself is a definite draw.Special Features:
- Love!SuperShaffer2000VIPDined on 8/23/2014We go to dinner here once a month because we are wine club members. Just wish they would expand to a stand alone restaurant that's not attached to South Lake Mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious, we each are every bite! Additionally, our anniversary and niece's birthday were acknowledged with class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014They are known for their great wine and food. Service has always been good too!Special Features:
- Lobster BisqueBlueStarDined on 8/14/2014The Lobster Bisque is splendid, and the wine choices are plentiful. But, the professionalism and charming staff make this place sparkle.Special Features:
- Back on TrackOldDogDined on 8/14/2014They are back on track. After our last outing there, we thought it might be our last outing there. But they came though. The caprese flat bread, crab & lobster bisque, asparagus soup, soy ginger salmon and gnocchi carbonara where very good and we were very happy.Special Features:
- Delicious!Willrun4wineDined on 8/13/2014Always great food, friendly wait staff, and some of the best wines I've tasted!Special Features: