Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City
4686 Broadway Street
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8165311500x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room offers a unique setting for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8165311500x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (211)special occasion (169)good for groups (140)fit for foodies (133)romantic (115)neighborhood gem (73)hot spot (71)great for lunch (55)vibrant bar scene (49)scenic view (32)late-night find (29)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (16)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Awesome food, awesome service, awesome atmosphere, awesome wine, awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusinessTravelerDined on 9/27/2014Excellent choice on the Plaza. Decor was very upscale and modern. Food was amazing and pricing was very good for the quality.Special Features:
- Always good food!RBFoodieDined on 9/25/2014We had a party of 12. Our server did great and the food was delicious as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceDRobieOPKSDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I went to Coopers Hawk for our 1st anniversary celebration. When we arrrived at the restaurant, no one was manning the front desk. We waited about 1-2 minutes before someone came to take our name and seat us. When we were seated our waitress was friendly and took our order. The food was brought out fairly quickly, which was nice. The food was delicious. When we paid for the meal, we paid in cash. We didn't require change. I gave her an $11 tip on a $65 ticket (slightly under 20%). When we left the reastaurant, we passed by our waitress and said thank you. She didn't even turn around. She mumbled, "Thanks." She seemed a little upset. That kind of behavior is unacceptable at a nice restaurant like Coopers Hawk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerDCKCDined on 9/20/2014Very friendly staff, waitress was able to answer all my questions, loved the experience, food and drinks were great!!Special Features:
- Love this placeCatbackerVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was our second visit and we loved our meal. Great service, great food, good wine! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!halibaileyDined on 9/19/2014We really enjoyed the atmosphere and wine selection here! The food was fantastic. Service was excellent! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NikasaurusTextDined on 9/19/2014Great food and great service. I ordered a flight of wines and they were all soo awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Restaurant!DWKWDined on 9/15/2014The food was great for lunch! We had out of town guest and they enjoyed the wine tasting (had some shipped home). The women did a little shopping in the retail store which they enjoyed. The only negative was that we booked on-line and left a comment requesting a table with a short walk because one of our guest had a bad back. I don't think they read our comment - we walked forever to reach our table.Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday CelebrationMissyDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday with dinner at Cooper's Hawk. Everything was excellent, wine, food and service. An enjoyable night, we'll go there again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Only complaint...food was cold but still delicious. Waitress was excellent and so was the wine. Large area would work for larger groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good wine good foodlovewineDined on 9/6/2014I would recommend Cooper Hawk to my friends great atmosphere and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Overall the food is great! The service is not up to par. Made the dining experience not so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time.GinnyDined on 9/5/2014Very good food, very good service. Our server has very helpful with food and wine suggestions, she was very familiar with both. We'll be going back.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Had a great time with visitors in town. Great food and great wine. Not to mention the HH was a great deal.Special Features:
- nice happy hourplazaloverVIPDined on 9/4/2014I recommend this restaurant for happy hour; all wines are $5 during the time frame and appetizers (a limited menu but still a nice selection) are reasonably priced. Wish they would bring back the beef sliders!Special Features:
- Great wine and dineLA2KYFoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014We enjoyed the cheese tray, at the bar. Then, we had a wonderful meal, for dinner. The crab cake appetizer was delicious. Great gnocchi. I wish I had been hungrier, because I wanted dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Place and Great LocationLEMitchellVIPDined on 9/1/2014First visit to Cooper's Hawk. Restaurant itself is beautiful and the menu is interesting. Appetizers (we had calamari and "drunken" shrimp) were fabulous but entrees were a bit disappointing because they were all over salted. Kitchen staff have to get a handle on who salts the food and how much is used because the salt overwhelmed the flavors of the food. The individual desserts--chocolate dipped strawberries and bon bond--were also wonderful but the regular dessert menu a bit of a yawn. The cocktails, ironically, were better than the wine--there are some pretty awful wines on the list so use the tasting option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!RachelArgyDined on 8/31/2014We love coming here, especially for special occasions. We're part of the wine club, which we highly recommend as well. It's great two people wanting a romantic dinner, double dates, and even our times here with big groups have been awesome! We enjoy recommending this place to all of our friends and even strangers and we've never heard someone say they went there and did not like the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Bad serviceBobbieDined on 8/31/2014We had absolutely horrible service at Cooper's Hawk on Aug 31. Our waitress acted like she was mad at the world. No smiles. No interaction. Almost to the point of being rude. Our appetizer platter was very slow to arrive. When it finally came, it was lukewarm. We had barely started eating it and our main courses came. So we were moving plates, eating appetizers and main dishes at the same time. The manager did take the cost of the appetizer off of our bill. The wine was terrific. The pretzel bread amazing. The food was fine. We were there for our son's 25th bday and the bad service really put a damper on our evening. We won't be returning there.Special Features:
- PassBobbyLeeDined on 8/31/2014Chicagoland wine? You'd never buy the bottle. Use that intuition with the resturant as well. As for the food ... Imagine chilis with better presentation.
- Worst Showing YetBradDined on 8/31/2014Our server was enthralled by guests at another table and hardly paid any attention to us. I ordered a chicken and ham meal I had never ordered before. I was physically ill for the rest of the day. My wife likes your restaurant, but I think it's a glorified Denny's.
- Very good - not superbGreyhawkDined on 8/30/2014Using extremely high standards, our evening at Cooper's Hawk was quite good but not stupendous. The soy-ginger-maple salmon was ever so slightly too done but the sauce was perfectly balanced. The filet medallions were cooked perfectly (medium rare) and the parmesan seasoning was nicely balanced. My wife's chicken was ever so slightly dried out but the accompanying potatoes were excellent. Her green beans were just right - crisp tender. My seasonal veggies (carrots, squash, onion, fennel) were too briefly acquainted with the skillet...they were downright tough. The Caesar salad dressing was lemony and complemented the greens. Lots of croutons. I didn't particularly care for the "chopped" nature of the romaine. The wine - okay.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014It wasn't what I expected. I mentioned it was our anniversary. They sat us in the middle of the restaurant. I had to asked to be moved. The service was good & the menu ok. It was described as romantic but would not agree. It was very loud. Will not go back anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, cool environment but…OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014Beware of where you're seated. Any table around the path from the kitchen to the dining areas will have a lot of waiter traffic.Special Features:
- Added to my 'Favorites' list!wineloverDined on 8/29/2014I was introduced to Cooper's Hawk by friends. Loved it so much I recommended it as a meeting spot for a business lunch within a week or so, then suggested it as the location for the family dinner celebrating my birthday shortly thereafter. I'm ready to do again! Impressed with the menu, the wine list (have really liked everything I've tried), the service and the atmosphere. AND they take reservations! Fabulous restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food awesomeJanjDined on 8/29/2014Our food was definitely 5 star quality. There were 6 in our party & not a one had any complaints about what we ordered. Our server was slow in refilling drinks, getting our dessert order & bringing the coffee. I think she may have had too many tables because she always seemed busy. The noise level is also very high and hard to carry on a conversation. We are members & enjoy the wine tasting experience along with good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful wine conceptfoodies96Dined on 8/29/2014First time at such a place with wine tasting combined with excellent food. Great to be able to sample the wines before selecting one for your dinner. There were 3 of us and we each said that we would easily come back to try all the other dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Wide and varied menu.JackDined on 8/28/2014Menu choices, while not so numerous as to overwhelm, made it hard to decide. Scallops were fabulous, Ahi tuna excellent,and chicken Madeira made me think I was in Tuscany! Great wine pairing selections. Good service. Although we've been here before, we can't decide why we have not made this one of our "often and favorites"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencewineloverDined on 8/27/2014Absolutely loved this restaurant. Great staff, great food and amazing wine!!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Incredible food, fantastic service, and some of the best wines I have ever tasted. Hands down one of the best dining experiences I have had in Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Almost Win AgainSouthPawVIPDined on 8/23/2014We love, love Cooper's Hawk. It was a busy night, food was great, server was very nice about trying to figure out what my friend could eat as she is nursing and her baby has some allergies. Overall, I don't think we really clicked with the server, but I did appreciate him looking out for my friend. We will be back again as this is one of our regular stops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findacesDined on 8/23/2014Hadn't been before this weekend - excellent wine and drinks list, the mini pork belly tostadas and bacon shrimp with guacamole appetizers were amazingly delicious, would definitely come back to try out other delicious-sounding entrees!Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Good wine, good service, and good atmosphere. Food was OK. Overall, a good package and would visit, particularly for wine tasting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchenOPgirlVIPDined on 8/23/2014We ate there before a theater engagement. The kitchen took a long time preparing our food and we had to rush to eat. That part was not pleasant. Our server was very apologetic and reported to us that the manager was "on it". Supposedly they were waiting on a garnish?? We all liked our food, didn't love it. I had the scallops. The rice side dish was so salty, I could not eat it. Our friend did not like that her ahi tuna same in small pieces instead of a whole piece of fish. Another friend loved his salmon. Braised short ribs are good. A wedge salad came all chopped up. Pretzel bread is delicious.Special Features:
- Pre Show DiningDanish24Dined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the wine and cheese pairings before attending a theatre show. The service was efficient and attentive. Our wine and cheese pairings were fun and delicious. I can't wait to dine here again!Special Features:
- Recommend highlyDukeDined on 8/22/2014Loved the wine tasting.. Very well taken care of - food wait a but long but they comped a bottle of wine! Food very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time (again!)MoLadybugDined on 8/21/2014Had a party of 10 for my birthday, had a great time. Service was great, food was great (as usual)! Among the entrees some of us enjoyed particularly was the Soy Ginger Salmon, Crab Cakes, Seafood Cannelloni, Surf & Turf (Parm crusted Filet & crab cakes), Short Rib Risotto to name a few. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Bday dinnerCadidaddiDined on 8/20/2014Great food, nice atmosphere & a wonderful waitress (Amber), really took care of us & sang a fine tune for my wife's Bday... Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great date nightKillmanDined on 8/20/2014We love having dinner and drinks at Cooper's Hawk. We haven't found anything on the menu that we do not like, and even though all of the wine is produced by Cooper's Hawk, there are plenty of varietals to choose from and all are excellent. The suggested food/wine pairings seem to be right on as well, but you can always choose any wine that you are in the mood for. As always the staff was friendly and courteous. We were in a hurry on this trip and they made sure our order was taken quickly, the food delivered as quick as it could be and the check ready when we needed it.Special Features: