Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City
4686 Broadway Street
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: (816) 531-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room offers a unique setting for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8165311500x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (164)special occasion (133)fit for foodies (110)good for groups (108)romantic (91)hot spot (61)neighborhood gem (52)vibrant bar scene (47)great for lunch (42)late-night find (23)scenic view (18)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Noisy DisappointmentddeloskyDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant is obviously very popular, given the multitude of people there. Unfortunately, the throng makes it extremely difficult to carry on any conversation without raising your voice to levels normally reserved for hurricane simulators or airport tarmacs. Arrived five (5) minutes before our reservation, and was told they'd text me "when it got closer to our reservation time." That must really go over with millennials, of which I am not one. Our server, while friendly, had some difficulty remembering things, most likely due to how crowded and noisy it was. We had to ask another server for bread three-quarters of the way through the meal, because it was neither brought nor offered to us earlier, as it was to other tables around us. Food was inconsistent and disappointing. Seared ahi tuna was good, but the portion of tuna was quite small for the price. The chicken Cobb salad - ordered with balsamic vinaigrette and extra chicken - arrived with neither. Kudos, however, for remembering to charge for the extra chicken. The high note was the enthusiastic greeter at the door who provided each of us with a sample of their Reisling Gewürztraminer offering. At the table, I chose their Sauvignon Blanc, which was very good.Special Features:
- Great Place To Have DinnerRustyVIPDined on 11/14/2014Cooper's Hawk is a really neat place to have dinner. It was very clean, well lit and the service was excellent. We enjoyed a red wine that was excellent, an appetizer that was unique and fresh and two delicious entrees that were presented very well and were delicious. This restaurant will become a regular place for us to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingIn2foodKCVIPDined on 11/14/2014Went to Cooper's hawk for first time Friday. Ordered two martinis. They were a little too dirty so the plan was to reshake with more vodka. We got them back and obviously they just added water to our drinks. Also ordered the short rib tostados as an appetizer. The short rib pieces were almost all fat with no actual meat pieces at all. To say the least we left shortly after and enjoyed a nice meal at Houstons! Beware of this place👎
- Okay Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The restaurant was beautiful and had a great wine selection. You get to treat some wines before ordering a bottle which I appreciated. My chicken saltimbocca was amazing and my husband's steak was over cooked but still tender. Unfortunately there was a group of EXTREMELY loud women sitting next to us and one lady was cackling so loud that everyone sitting around us was staring at her...she didn't seem to mind disrupting everyone else's meal. I wish the manager would've addled her to quiet down as he had been told by many people she was being too loud, but nothing was done. Overall, good experience, but I wouldn't say it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicdocDined on 11/8/2014A great place for foodies and wine lovers alike. We loved that they had their own in house wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014Food was very good but service very slow. It took about 2.5 hours and for for to get through dinner. Fortunately, our company was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service great foodericadbDined on 11/7/2014We planned a date night, we had a reservation at 8pm and weren't seated until 8:50pm, food was great but it ruined the night.Special Features:
- Great place!WineAndDineDined on 11/7/2014Part of the wine club and we attempt dine as much as possible. Great food, great wine, and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food @ Cooper's HawkbristolyumDined on 11/7/2014The food at Cooper's Hawk was delicious. The Caesar salad was well prepared. The lettuce was crisp and the dressing tasted great. The portions are large and my girlfriend and I split one. We also enjoyed splitting a flight of the Lux Wines and a glass of their homemade sangria. All the wines were quite tasty and an excellent accompaniment to the meal. For our main courses, we had the Chef's recommendation for the Lobster & Seafood Ravioli and the Spanish Seafood Cannelloni. Both entrees were incredibly tasty and thoroughly enjoyed. The service was excellent and the ambiance and decor very nice. We'd highly recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceStetzVIPDined on 11/5/2014We belonged to the wine club and were told we could use our pre-purchased bottles but waiter would not cooperate. Food was lukewarm by the time it came. Could go on and on but very disappointed, to say the least.
- Be aware of the seatingredheadsrockDined on 11/4/2014This was a new restaurant we were trying to celebrate my birthday. I did not know that the best seating was on the middle level with a window view. I booked this reservation online. We were put up at the third level without a view and only one other couple who left while we were dining. It was a bit lonely up there and without a view. Our waiter wasn't terrible but he wasn't great either. He didn't know the specific details about the specials and we had to ask him to go and get us an answer. I would go back and recommend this restaurant, but be sure to ask for a window table next time. Great food! Great wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, as always!Ssw3Dined on 11/3/2014This is the 4th or 5th time I have been to this restaurant and I love it! It has now become my family's new favorite place to go, mainly because the food is great and we are big wine people. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a fun evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conflicted...KristenDined on 11/1/2014I love the food and wine here (the short rib rosotto - WOW). Service, however, is spotty. This time I was there for my birthday with 6 girl friends, and our server seemed very nice and helpful, but after we had been waiting for our food for over an hour and a half, one friend went to speak to a manager. We were told they were plating our food now and should only be 10 iminutes or so. It took another half an hour... All of our food and drinks were comped and the manager apologized profusely and said we were welcome to order dessert or whatever else we liked. But our server hardly checked on us after the first 20 minutes or so (he was probably afraid!) but a little more attention would've been good.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We should up a little early, as we had reservations, and the table was ready almost right on time. We also had an extra person that we were able to fit right in. Aside from the kitchen being backed up (our food took a while to get to us) the service and quality was excellent. A drink I normally get with a nice dinner (Sapphire on the rocks with Bleu Cheese stuffed olives) was a couple dollars more than when I usually get it ($10.25) but other than that, I have only good things to say about Cooper's Hawk.Special Features:
- sadScottVIPDined on 11/1/2014This weekend we went there for my wife's B/D and we were very saddened by what happened. She ordered scallops and when they brought out the food they handed her a plate of risotto and steak medallions, which is a far cry from seafood! They did not ask if she wanted something else, nothing, just handed her the meal. Of course that is not what she was in the mood for so they brought out a menu and asked her to reorder. By the time she got her replacement meal, the others in the party were nearing completion. Not how she envisioned her birthday to be!! Nobody came by to ask how our meals were which if they did I would have told them that the Medallion Trio was well done--not med rare as asked for. One other in the party descry. food as bland
- First Time visit.GoingAgainDined on 10/31/2014I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Great food, great wine, and a very pleasant staff.Special Features:
- Fun and festive restaurant!BethVIPDined on 10/31/2014We love Cooper's hawk winery. They have a great menu, with so many wonderful items. All are paired with a great wine. Who could ask for more? The drunken shrimp was fantastic, everyone at our table loved it. They also have a wonderful lower calorie menu. A fantastic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited wineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Even though their wine selection is limited to their production of wines, I enjoyed the experience. I think the atmosphere is super, service is great and prices is good. Being able to create a reservation through Open Table makes this a double bonus experience.
- Highly Recommendednw500005Dined on 10/31/2014My friend and I decided on a whim to lunch at Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant. What a great whim! While I can't comment on the entire (extensive and well-rounded) menu, I can say that the flatbread and salad combo that we had exceeded all expectations. The flatbread was crisp with just the right amount of toppings and the salads were fresh and tossed with the right amount of dressing. We have already decided that this will be the place for our annual holiday Plaza dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotSchnitelStarDined on 10/28/2014Not only was the food excellent and the service outstanding but the staff went out of their way to take extra care of an older handicapped diner. I can recommend Everything about Cooper's Hawk - and suggest you take home some of the wonderful Chocolates in the display case. It also looks like an excellent place to Christmas Shop!!Special Features:
- night on the plazanorthof60Dined on 10/25/2014Especially warm night in October on the plaza and the Royals in the World Series had everyone in a great mood. Another nice night at Cooper's Hawk.Special Features:
- Over hr to get food - great appsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great atmosphere Very slow table service Excellent wine list Excellent apps - S W egg rolls Food not good (Parma chicken, crab cakes, potato casserole) - good, Ahi tuna. This was our second visit. Will visit again, no time soon...Special Features:
- Group diningKCfoodieDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful experience for a group of ladies coming together to celebrate a wedding shower. Everyone loved the wine tasting, the chance to socialize and enjoy a great meal with many menu options. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experience!BethVIPDined on 10/23/2014We loved Cooper's hawk winery! The food was great the wine was great, and the service was wonderful too. It was good that they had a light menu, and lots of wonderful appetizer choices. Everything was paired great with the wine :-) would definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service was a bit slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014We visited with a group of 4 on a Thursday evening. We were seated right away when we arrived. Our server was a bit slow to greet us and we sat for about 10 minutes without any drink order. Our food was outstanding and the wine list is extensive. The menu also offers wine pairings for each entree.Special Features:
- A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014Cooper's Hawk is a favorite place for my wife and I to go for a good meal, top notch service and attentiveness, they remember us, the wine list is always changing and very good. A plus is that you can earn points for discounts on food and wine.Special Features:
- JonesatlDined on 10/21/2014Nice place. Like the life balance menu. Happy hour wine deals are great too.Special Features:
- Poor serviceJanjDined on 10/20/2014We are members & brought guests with us to do wine tasting & dinner. There was no room for us at the bar & they told us we would have to wait until someone left. That didn't happen so we asked to be seated for dinner. We had a reservation. Our dinner took well over 2 hours & totally because our server was extremely slow. Took a long time for him to take our order, bring the check, water etc.Special Features:
- Food is great, service needs work.ChuckDined on 10/18/2014Wait and wine flight staff are always great but host/hostess area have always been rude and condescending, this trip was no different. I don't understand how a restaurant manages to hire the best when it comes to the people serving the wine and conducting the wine flights while finding host/hostesses that seem to be bothered by coming to work and assisting customers. We've returned to Cooper's Hawk many times because the food is good and the winery atmosphere is nice in spite of the hosts. Overall, I would recommend trying Cooper's Hawk if you have not yet, but suggest lunch with open seating where you interact with the bar tenders vs. the host stand. With that said, just now sure if we will be going back after this last trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere but Long WaittmsinkcDined on 10/18/2014Cooper's Hawk was all a buzz on a Saturday night. It has a great atmosphere and there's plenty to do while waiting for a table. Unfortunately, we waited more than 40 minutes past our reservation time for our table and the winery and bar seemed to be severely understaffed. Food was good, especially the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome date night!SteinhammerDined on 10/18/2014Husband and I had dinner here for our 3 month anniversary and it was wonderful!!! The food and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Food was great, wine fantastic. Really noisy but fun. Not the place for a quiet romantic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014I requested a good table, server, and all around fun experience for my 60th bday. Server brought5 out of 7 entrees..other 2 which were for ladies came 10 min later. Server had only been there for 3 days...nice but clueless. Table in very busy part of restaurant ..as you came up stairs. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable nightpeacelovewineDined on 10/18/2014We had a great meal. The short ribs are favorites of ours.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 10/18/2014Best place on the plaza for good service and very reasonable food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall favoriteJimNDined on 10/17/2014We have neen to Cooper's Hawk 5-6 times and it is consistently a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Mar257Dined on 10/11/2014The food was amazing, and the atmosphere was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?kmlewis1015VIPDined on 10/11/2014We frequent this restaurant on a regular basis but the last two visits have been less than impressive, especially our most recent visit. Very disappointing from beginning to end, to the point where we will most likely be cancelling our wine club membership. The hostess station was a disaster, our waiter was new and clueless, our order was incorrect, and a manager was no where in sight. To make matters worse, this was our 5th wedding anniversary and it was ruined.Special Features:
- Great experience.lrob5989Dined on 10/10/2014We had an overall great experience at Cooper's Hawk. I've been there before and never had a bad experience. The servers are always super friendly and attentive. Our server even gave us gluten-free buns (we had 2 in our party that have gluten problems) which really made them happy. Their pretzel bread is super delicious. I had the red wine short ribs, which were very tasty. I've also never had a wine I didn't like. I had 2 glasses of the White Zinfandel and it was really good. Their fruit wines are sweet and very good for a dessert. Great food, wine and company. Can't beat that.Special Features:
- great atmosphere/welcoming staffJSueDined on 10/10/2014Great decor! Classy but casual. Very nice selection of menu choices! Was meet at the door and offered a wine sample. Nice touch! Very nice blanc de blanc sparkling white and reasonable happy hour drink prices. Disappointed to have ahi tuna served overcooked and a fairly long wait for food both initially and after requesting the ahi rare as expected. Our waiter agreed immediately that the tuna was overdone. Perhaps at a minimum a manager could have acknowledged the issue or perhaps handled the matter differently since the rest of my party was well into their meal by the time my fish arrived. Their pretzel bread is very good and nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.