Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City
4686 Broadway Street
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8165311500x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room offers a unique setting for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8165311500x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (188)special occasion (151)good for groups (128)fit for foodies (123)romantic (101)hot spot (69)neighborhood gem (63)great for lunch (50)vibrant bar scene (49)scenic view (29)late-night find (28)great for brunch (19)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great Lunch SpotSchnitelStarDined on 10/28/2014Not only was the food excellent and the service outstanding but the staff went out of their way to take extra care of an older handicapped diner. I can recommend Everything about Cooper's Hawk - and suggest you take home some of the wonderful Chocolates in the display case. It also looks like an excellent place to Christmas Shop!!Special Features:
- night on the plazanorthof60Dined on 10/25/2014Especially warm night in October on the plaza and the Royals in the World Series had everyone in a great mood. Another nice night at Cooper's Hawk.Special Features:
- Over hr to get food - great appsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great atmosphere Very slow table service Excellent wine list Excellent apps - S W egg rolls Food not good (Parma chicken, crab cakes, potato casserole) - good, Ahi tuna. This was our second visit. Will visit again, no time soon...Special Features:
- Group diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Wonderful experience for a group of ladies coming together to celebrate a wedding shower. Everyone loved the wine tasting, the chance to socialize and enjoy a great meal with many menu options. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experience!BethVIPDined on 10/23/2014We loved Cooper's hawk winery! The food was great the wine was great, and the service was wonderful too. It was good that they had a light menu, and lots of wonderful appetizer choices. Everything was paired great with the wine :-) would definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service was a bit slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014We visited with a group of 4 on a Thursday evening. We were seated right away when we arrived. Our server was a bit slow to greet us and we sat for about 10 minutes without any drink order. Our food was outstanding and the wine list is extensive. The menu also offers wine pairings for each entree.Special Features:
- A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014Cooper's Hawk is a favorite place for my wife and I to go for a good meal, top notch service and attentiveness, they remember us, the wine list is always changing and very good. A plus is that you can earn points for discounts on food and wine.Special Features:
- JonesatlDined on 10/21/2014Nice place. Like the life balance menu. Happy hour wine deals are great too.Special Features:
- Poor serviceJanjDined on 10/20/2014We are members & brought guests with us to do wine tasting & dinner. There was no room for us at the bar & they told us we would have to wait until someone left. That didn't happen so we asked to be seated for dinner. We had a reservation. Our dinner took well over 2 hours & totally because our server was extremely slow. Took a long time for him to take our order, bring the check, water etc.Special Features:
- Food is great, service needs work.ChuckDined on 10/18/2014Wait and wine flight staff are always great but host/hostess area have always been rude and condescending, this trip was no different. I don't understand how a restaurant manages to hire the best when it comes to the people serving the wine and conducting the wine flights while finding host/hostesses that seem to be bothered by coming to work and assisting customers. We've returned to Cooper's Hawk many times because the food is good and the winery atmosphere is nice in spite of the hosts. Overall, I would recommend trying Cooper's Hawk if you have not yet, but suggest lunch with open seating where you interact with the bar tenders vs. the host stand. With that said, just now sure if we will be going back after this last trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere but Long WaittmsinkcDined on 10/18/2014Cooper's Hawk was all a buzz on a Saturday night. It has a great atmosphere and there's plenty to do while waiting for a table. Unfortunately, we waited more than 40 minutes past our reservation time for our table and the winery and bar seemed to be severely understaffed. Food was good, especially the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome date night!SteinhammerDined on 10/18/2014Husband and I had dinner here for our 3 month anniversary and it was wonderful!!! The food and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Food was great, wine fantastic. Really noisy but fun. Not the place for a quiet romantic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014I requested a good table, server, and all around fun experience for my 60th bday. Server brought5 out of 7 entrees..other 2 which were for ladies came 10 min later. Server had only been there for 3 days...nice but clueless. Table in very busy part of restaurant ..as you came up stairs. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable nightpeacelovewineDined on 10/18/2014We had a great meal. The short ribs are favorites of ours.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 10/18/2014Best place on the plaza for good service and very reasonable food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall favoriteJimNDined on 10/17/2014We have neen to Cooper's Hawk 5-6 times and it is consistently a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Mar257Dined on 10/11/2014The food was amazing, and the atmosphere was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?kmlewis1015VIPDined on 10/11/2014We frequent this restaurant on a regular basis but the last two visits have been less than impressive, especially our most recent visit. Very disappointing from beginning to end, to the point where we will most likely be cancelling our wine club membership. The hostess station was a disaster, our waiter was new and clueless, our order was incorrect, and a manager was no where in sight. To make matters worse, this was our 5th wedding anniversary and it was ruined.Special Features:
- Great experience.lrob5989Dined on 10/10/2014We had an overall great experience at Cooper's Hawk. I've been there before and never had a bad experience. The servers are always super friendly and attentive. Our server even gave us gluten-free buns (we had 2 in our party that have gluten problems) which really made them happy. Their pretzel bread is super delicious. I had the red wine short ribs, which were very tasty. I've also never had a wine I didn't like. I had 2 glasses of the White Zinfandel and it was really good. Their fruit wines are sweet and very good for a dessert. Great food, wine and company. Can't beat that.Special Features:
- great atmosphere/welcoming staffJSueDined on 10/10/2014Great decor! Classy but casual. Very nice selection of menu choices! Was meet at the door and offered a wine sample. Nice touch! Very nice blanc de blanc sparkling white and reasonable happy hour drink prices. Disappointed to have ahi tuna served overcooked and a fairly long wait for food both initially and after requesting the ahi rare as expected. Our waiter agreed immediately that the tuna was overdone. Perhaps at a minimum a manager could have acknowledged the issue or perhaps handled the matter differently since the rest of my party was well into their meal by the time my fish arrived. Their pretzel bread is very good and nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/place, service not goodGreatVIPDined on 10/8/2014I have been here several times and it has always been great, but our last experience was sub-par due to the waitress. Food, wine, drinks & food servers were great!! Our server had little personality or social interactions, acted like we were troubling her when we asked for anything and got one order completely wrong...which she said was our fault because she thought she heard my friend say "the same" instead of "the medallions". No apology about misunderstanding, just very short with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coopers Hawk on Oct 7foodislifeDined on 10/7/2014Took clients to this restaurant. We were on time for our reservation but ended up waiting 15 mins to have our table setup. The staff were pleasant and attentive. When our order came out almost everyone was given some else's plate. Overall it was a good experience and excellent food. I would go back and would recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DifferentPruckhDined on 10/6/2014have there own wine. A tasting is available before dinner or as a stand alone experience.Special Features:
- A Plaza PlusHome2KansasDined on 10/6/2014It was our first visit to Cooper's Hawk and what a delight. The setting was beautiful and showcased the Plaza with a sophisticated style. Our service was impeccable. The structure of the menu and wine paring was delightful. There were four of us in the party and we were all making plans to bring others to enjoy this 'new find'. Cooper's Hawk has this designed to be completely accommodating to our food and wine requests. I think we all felt like we found a treasure on the Plaza. And by the way....our meal was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deceptive for date nightKCfoodfanDined on 10/4/2014While Cooper's Hawk boasts an incredible wine list and beautiful location, it's a deceptively terrible place for have date night. We arrived a half hour before our reservation intending to grab a drink at the wine bar. Unfortunately the area was so packed, we could not get a drink, let alone share a conversation. When we got seated in the restauraunt, we quickly discovered the tables are so incredibly close, conversation was again nearly impossible. Everyone is seated so close together, you can clearly hear everyone's conversations, making it woefully un-romantic. I am happy to see a local winery doing so well in business; but for the price tag, it was a disappointing experience. Unless it's with a large group, I will not be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place on the plaza!Frtzy72Dined on 10/4/2014This was my boyfriends first time at Cooper's Hawk and my second. Reservations ran about 20 min behind (probably from homecoming groups) but Heath at the bar was so great that we completely forgot we were even waiting! Once we got seated the food and drinks were quick to our table. This is definitely our new favorite weekend date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RCarsonDined on 10/3/2014The food, wine, service and location could not have been more perfect. We can't wait to go back again. The prices are very reasonable as well. Love the wine tasting prior to dinner and the gift shop in the tasting bar. This is absolutely a unique dining experience with menu choices that are unique and delicious. Love the exclusive Coopers Hawk wine list.Special Features:
- nice.Phrankie33Dined on 10/3/2014This was my husband's first time here and he enjoyed the atmosphere. He was able to sample a wine before buying a glass. The portions were good, enough to take some home. The gnocchi dish was a little salty, but good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's HawkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Good food with great character and ambiance. Definitely a nice first date restaurant.Special Features:
- Great addition to the PlazaDefBbackDined on 9/28/2014Wonderful service, excellent food, phenomenal wine and great friends to share it with made our first visit to Cooper's Hawk 5 Star. Definitely will recommend to anyone headed to the Plaza.Special Features:
- AwesomeAwesomeDined on 9/27/2014Awesome food, awesome service, awesome atmosphere, awesome wine, awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusinessTravelerDined on 9/27/2014Excellent choice on the Plaza. Decor was very upscale and modern. Food was amazing and pricing was very good for the quality.Special Features:
- Always good food!RBFoodieDined on 9/25/2014We had a party of 12. Our server did great and the food was delicious as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceDRobieOPKSDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I went to Coopers Hawk for our 1st anniversary celebration. When we arrrived at the restaurant, no one was manning the front desk. We waited about 1-2 minutes before someone came to take our name and seat us. When we were seated our waitress was friendly and took our order. The food was brought out fairly quickly, which was nice. The food was delicious. When we paid for the meal, we paid in cash. We didn't require change. I gave her an $11 tip on a $65 ticket (slightly under 20%). When we left the reastaurant, we passed by our waitress and said thank you. She didn't even turn around. She mumbled, "Thanks." She seemed a little upset. That kind of behavior is unacceptable at a nice restaurant like Coopers Hawk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerDCKCDined on 9/20/2014Very friendly staff, waitress was able to answer all my questions, loved the experience, food and drinks were great!!Special Features:
- Love this placeCatbackerVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was our second visit and we loved our meal. Great service, great food, good wine! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!halibaileyDined on 9/19/2014We really enjoyed the atmosphere and wine selection here! The food was fantastic. Service was excellent! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NikasaurusTextDined on 9/19/2014Great food and great service. I ordered a flight of wines and they were all soo awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Restaurant!DWKWDined on 9/15/2014The food was great for lunch! We had out of town guest and they enjoyed the wine tasting (had some shipped home). The women did a little shopping in the retail store which they enjoyed. The only negative was that we booked on-line and left a comment requesting a table with a short walk because one of our guest had a bad back. I don't think they read our comment - we walked forever to reach our table.Special Features: