Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis
3815 E. 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 3175749463x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 3175749463x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (226)special occasion (187)fit for foodies (140)good for groups (140)romantic (127)great for lunch (91)great for outdoor dining (88)neighborhood gem (66)hot spot (57)vibrant bar scene (39)great for brunch (38)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (19)scenic view (2)Show More
- LBSHLBSHDined on 9/13/2014This was the first time we went to Cooper's Hawk and it was wonderful! We were looking for something different for our anniversary so we wanted to try it....it was very nice! Excellent food, wonderful service and a great atmosphere! The resturant even provided desert for our anniversary! This place was a GREAT find!!!! We will definitely be going back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night FervorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful food; decent prices; really loud on a Saturday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unfriendlyhostessbrunch4usDined on 9/13/2014We frequent this restaurant and are wine club members and were not impressed this time. Hostess told us there is an hour wait before we could even tell her we had a reservation. We asked for a booth and she said there were none. There were at least 8 open during the entire time we dined:(. I think she didn't want to give a booth to 3 people. We were lied to. They tried to seat us way off in a separate room, but I refused since there were many open tables in the main dining. They got all of our orders wrong, but still good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We dined here a few times, and the food and staff are always very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allergen friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was fantastic, everyone in my group said their meals were great. I am dairy free, I told our waitress and she let the kitchen know, and they helped me substituted sides and sauces so that I could enjoy my meal. They were very accommodating to my needs. They also have a good gluten free menu already on their main menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Timebenjamc9Dined on 9/10/2014A great time had by all. Wine tasting was very good, and the food was outstanding. Lobster bisque was delicious. Strip steak entree and Ginger Salmon entrees were tasty as well. Overall, a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8oz Ice Cream Scoop of Mash...OneToCookDined on 9/9/2014I will start this review with stating I'm a Chef. Professionally. School & 10 years behind the scenes. I know exactly what it takes to execute 400+ covers with a crew of just 5. That's exactly what I do, give or take a few meals, 6 days a week. My dinner was on a Tuesday evening. Not slammed by any means at all. My guest order fish with asparagus & their mashed potatoes. Pretty simple right? Other than someone preparing the dish thinks a scoop of potatoes that exactly resembles a scoop of ice cream looks appealing...people eat with their eyes first & someone just doesn't care. My dish...also known as a semi-warm bowl of noodles with lightly reduced heavy cream, a few halfed cherry tomatoes, spinach & dry chicken...awesome. Horrible food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJkorbVIPDined on 9/8/2014I was pretty disappointed when I discovered they only sell the wine they make. For those of you who love wine, they will not give you the vintage or area where the grapes are from. I was told its because they never use the same twice and apparently lose track of who they get the from including when they received them and bottled the wine. If you find yourself in my position, meeting someone and your not able to find another restaurant, order the barrel wine. Its price point is great and the wine is drinkable. The food seemed to follow suit with the wine decisions. Best advice, if you like chain style restaurants you may find an average meal. If you like great food of high quality and excellent preparation, opt to eat somewhere else.
- SeedboyDined on 9/7/2014Wine is always perfect. Food is amazing. Service is top notch.Special Features:
- exercise2eatDined on 9/6/2014The wine is excellent and the food was amazing. We love this place for meeting up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We met friends for dinner and enjoyed an extended evening of wine, dining and conversation!Special Features:
- Great food, reasonably pricedTheMillersDined on 9/6/2014We visited Cooper's Hawk for a late lunch on Saturday, which is a great time of day to have a nice family meal while the restaurant is pretty quiet. I'm sure it's a lot busier and noisier by Saturday night, but we were able to enjoy our meal and the ambiance of the restaurant. The food was excellent, from the Asian appetizer menu to the main courses offered, and especially the desserts. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable, and made great suggestions since this was our first time there. We will definitely go back to Cooper's Hawk again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itfabulousDined on 9/5/2014I really enjoyed my first time there, our waitress Michelle was very helpful loved her. we will be back and we will ask for Michelle be be our waitress if she is there. Loved the food and wine. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- Love, love, love this placeebowDined on 9/4/2014We discovered this place when we moved to the area 2 days before Christmas a couple of years ago, and we have been wine club members ever since. Love the atmosphere, helpful and friendly as well as knowledgeable staff, and the food is consistently wonderful as well as reasonably priced. Everything from the atmosphere to the presentation is outstanding. We have never had less than an exemplary time there, and as a perk we feel the wine club members' benefits are unrivaled by the competition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnersillyone65Dined on 9/1/2014This is the 2nd time we've been to Cooper's Hawk for our anniversary. The waiter made everything special and the food and wine were great!Special Features:
- Good foo and serviceIndyFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Evan was out server and he was very attentive and great. Food was good and hotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for the priceGolfmike1Dined on 8/30/2014The wine list was very good and service was as to be expected. Our seating was not the best and felt a liitle too much traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I did my reservations online and let them know it was our 5yr annv. and they did not say anything about it congrats or anthing. Let them know special occasion. I guess it did not matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- msgt7ronDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and service. The back room is always to loud and has the usual loud drunk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but way to long of a waitDinneroutDined on 8/27/2014We had a dinner but it took too long. We arrived at the restaurant at 6:45 and were promptly seated. We were greeted but our server and then the wait started. We had to wait an extremely long time for everything. We finally finished at 9:55. 3 hours to eat dinner is way to long if not by choice.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner SpotFoodie05Dined on 8/27/2014The atmosphere was wonderful. The service was excellent and server made recommendations. Our food was was extremely good and we will make this a regular date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, noisy, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014First time at Coopers Hawk. The food was better than expectations. The décor was nice. The music was up too loud to have a real conversation and our server could care less about anything.Special Features:
- jimtownjimmiesDined on 8/26/2014As always, the food and service were superb!!! Our group of 8 come here every month and really enjoy the wine tasting before we have dinner. It is one of the most fun restaurants in the Indianapolis area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good AtmosphereExperiencedDinerDined on 8/24/2014My girlfriend and I went here for our anniversary. We did a wine tasting, and had dinner. They have very nice wine, and they offer a wine club. The club is relatively inexpensive, and offers great wines to choose from each month. I'm excited to start using my club membership! The food was also decent, and they do a good job of letting you know which wines pair well with each dish. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Sunday Evening DinnerJasonDined on 8/24/2014My wife & I met 2 of our friends for a Sunday evening (6 PM) dinner. The host staff greeted us when we entered and held our table while we did a little wine tasting. Our waitress was very good and totally funny in a charming way. Appetizers, wine, and entrees were presented in a timely manner without rushing us. The food was marvelous! The wine was excellent as well. We have dined at Coopers Hawk Indianapolis several times and have never had a poor experience. It is definitely one of the best restaurants in the city.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceNOTWDined on 8/23/2014Some unique and very tasty items on the menu. Thought their Cab and Dirty Nasty Martini were very good! Thank goodness we made a reservation because the place was packed. Atmosphere is more energetic (and rather noisy where we sat in the back room) than romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We have been here several times and have had a great meal each time. The menu is always exciting and the service is excellent. Because of the great experiences we have had, we joined the wine club.Special Features:
- Not what I expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Cooper's Hawk is not what I was expecting. If you want a more loud bar scene sort of restaurant, then this is the place for you. If you are looking for a little more upscale, quieter atmosphere, avoid this place. The server was fine but not terribly polished and forgot to bring my wine with my steak. Hmmm... A place that focuses on pairing wine with the meals and the most important part is forgotten. That is not too good. Overall, the prices were reasonable and the food was fairly decent. It was loud and I mean very loud. It was difficult to hear the conversation with my dinner guests. A large dining room with panoramic windows looks over into the very scenic asphalt parking lot, nice touch! The client noticed and mentioned that, OUCH !!!Special Features:
- Relaxed diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Came here for lunch and had a great time. Server did not rush us and was very accommodating. Quiet enough to have a conversation. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Favorite Dining SpotShellDined on 8/22/2014This is one of my favorite places to eat. Food is always great. Service is good. Great wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedredwineloversDined on 8/22/2014We are wine club members and will continue to do so- our dining experiences have always been excellent at Cooper ' s HawkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceJaniceVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a very nice meal at Cooper's Hawk. I requested some special adjustments to my meal and the chef did exactly what I requested. Really appreciate that!Special Features:
- Consistently Good!FWG1287Dined on 8/22/2014Although a solid choice for dinner, this a great spot for a business lunch. Food, service, and atmosphere are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerLove100Dined on 8/20/2014We had an amazing dining experience. We had family in from California, and we all enjoyed the wine and great food! Our favorite place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Expected FooddrwojoVIPDined on 8/16/2014Coopershawk has some really nice, reasonably priced wine. It was a surprise to get a very nice meal. The calamari appetizer was a bit soggy, and not as good as it used to be with the thai/asian dipping sauce. However, the pork belly tostadas and the lettuce wraps were quite nice. We had a large group and sample many entrees. The skirt steak with parmesan fries was very nice, as was the braised short rib risotto. The filet ordered was way undercooked, so I wouldn't do the steak here. Dessert was superb. Creme brulee was creamy and the banana cream/caramel pie was outstanding. A pretty nice meal for a winery. I recommend it.Special Features:
- Great evening of wine and foodDrJ58Dined on 8/16/2014What a wonderful evening. The Coopers Hawk Red was a great selection and uniquely decanted at our table. From the steaks to the salmon, our party of 5 were all impressed. Only complaint was the risotto - not as tasty as we have had at other places.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014had to ask the server about the wine flight. Had to ask for water.Special Features:
- oscarthecat102Dined on 8/15/2014As a member of the Coopers Hawk Wine Club, my expectations are always met whether informal lunches to romantic dinners!Special Features:
- Simply The Best!!LadyofhonorDined on 8/15/2014Every time I go to Cooper's Hawk I have a wonderful time. The food and wine is excellent and the service is phenomenal. I would recommend this restaurant to any and everyone!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSpiceyLifeDined on 8/14/2014Great food. Great atmosphere. Very good wine selection. Service was outstanding and very fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.