Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis
3815 E. 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: (317) 574-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 3175749463x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (206)special occasion (162)good for groups (152)fit for foodies (140)romantic (103)great for lunch (76)great for outdoor dining (57)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (52)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (26)great for brunch (23)late-night find (21)scenic view (1)Show More
- Saved by the waitress and kitchen66motorsportVIPDined on 11/22/2014This Restaurant does not do anything for an Opentable VIP's or for a special occasion. Made reservation asking for a table near a window, out of the high traffic areas and away from the kitchen entrance....which is EXACTLY where they lead me.... when the hostess went to ask the person assigning tables the lady became visibly agitated and made an unpleasant comment. We were then seated at a good table. Our Waitress was great and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Our favorite neighborhood gemebowVIPDined on 11/20/2014We've been wine club members at CH for 3 years, and have faithfully gone there (at least) once a month to do our complimentary wine tasting, talk with the staff with whom we've gotten to know quite well over the years as there is amazing stability of staff there, and we have never once had anything less than a wonderfully prepared meal - which is commendable since this was approximately our 40th time there with 3+ years of monthly outings! CH has done an absolutely wonderful job developing and growing this chain business that still has uniqueness here in Indy, and when we go to other CH's around Michigan and Illinois, we always miss our very own one. Keep up the fabulous job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After WorkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014In right away...servers quick to the table...tried some wines...ate delicious foods...talked for a while and then home. This was a great place to meet co-workers after work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's HawkJv1252Dined on 11/15/2014First time visitor. While not a huge wine drinker, felt the initial environment was great. Open "tasting room" atmosphere. With a wide variety of wines. Restaurant atmosphere was noisy. Open room design made it difficult to enjoy a conversation at our table. Menu was good as was food. Everyone enjoyed the meals they ordered. Overall, the server was polite and knowledgable. Felt she may have been overworked. While atentative, service was missing at times. Overall- for the price, unless I went specifically for the wine, I don't think I would go back. Atmosphere was noisy, service was average. Food was excellent. Didn't enjoy the "wine club" sales pitch at the table. Could have been done in the tasting room. Dining is an overall experience, I would go for the food, maybe the wine, but everything else took away from being a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014It was our first visit and we loved it! Service was great, as well as the food. Pricing was wonderful for the amount of food. We can't wait to go back and try several entrees. The only thing that was "lacking" in my opinion was the dessert menu. I felt that it was under par for the type of menu items they serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night out!!partyoftwo2Dined on 11/15/2014Such fun sampling the various wines!! Fun to do with friends. Love the food menu and great service. Our server was amazing!! Enjoyed the chicken piccata!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Cooper's Hawk has wonderful tasting wine and food. It is one of those memorable meals where from beginning to end everything tastes great! The service is very good! We are wine club members and it gives us a reason to go there once a month. We love the new wine tasting bar expansion. Also, it overs better wine pick-up for wine club members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at Coopers HawkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Service was great. Food was delicious and served in a timely manner. Waitress was very knowledgeable with the wine list and food suggestions. And best of all I thought for the bottle of wine, samples, appetizer, and main course our bill was not too much.Special Features:
- 40th anniversarycappDined on 11/8/2014Fabulous meal, as always, great knowledgable service. moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CooperHawkDiningDined on 11/7/2014Food was outstanding... service was excellent..Portions were generous and the wine was fantastic.. enjoyed the free taste before commiting to a specific wine..Special Features:
- Exceeded my expectationsgirigambaDined on 11/5/2014When I arrived, I was initially worried to discover that Cooper's only offers their own wine. However, when I tried the red flight, I found that 3 of the 4 were complex, wonderful full-body wines. And, the food was fantastic for foodies like us. I recommend the tostadas as an appetizer. We had the tostadas, the drunken shrimp, and the egg rolls. All very good and more than enough for 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delish.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014The food and wine are always delicious! I highly recommend the Porkchop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had an issue with not getting all our meals at the same time. We had to flag down server because ours did not check back. But the manager came over and comp our meal. She was very nice and professional. It was extremely busy so things may go wrong but we love the place so definitely will keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This was our first time dining at Cooper's Hawk and it was phenomenal. The atmosphere was very comfortable and laid back but with class. The service is EXCELLENT. The food was incredible. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nighthales8808Dined on 11/1/2014Great food nice service. The food was amazing to eat and nice portion sizes. The presentation was beautiful as well. Wine list extensive and affordable. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's Hawk = THE PLACE TO GO!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We have been Cooper's Hawk wine club members for 4 years. It's a must, that whenever we travel to a new state that has a Cooper's Hawk, we dine there. Cooper's Hawk in Indy, once again wins us over! The wine tasting and dining is a 5 star experience. The service and food are exceptional!! I highly recommend this restaurant the place to go as a couple or with family and friends.Special Features:
- Once again!Pres1262Dined on 10/31/2014As always Coopers was fantastic in every way! Our trick or treating got cut short by bad weather so we were an hour early for our reservation but we were immediately sat so we were very thankful for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightBruceDined on 10/29/2014This worked out great for a party of four after a long day of work and much success, we enjoyed the dinner to celebrate.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/26/2014We were astonished by the high prices for mediocre wines and mediocre food. Two of the four entrees we ordered were cold and we were half way through them before the server appeared to see how our meal tasted. The highlight of the meal was the pretzel bread and our son's French fries. It's unlikely we'll be back.
- Food was good, but took forever!SbeckerDined on 10/25/2014I'd give it another try. The food was good even though what I ordered came out wrong and it took forever to get once we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvromanceluvromanceDined on 10/24/2014The food was outstanding. My steak medallions were cooked to perfection and very tender. Rarely do I get steak done right. I like it hot and pink inside so I ask for medium well as suggested by the waitresses and usually it's done too much. Cooper's Hawk got it right and they were very tender and juicy. I savored every bite! My husband got the pork chop and said it too was very tender and tasty. My two disappointments were: you had to join the club for the wine tasting and the restaurant was very noisy. It was very difficult for my husband and I to carry on a conversation without yelling at each other. Our waitress was a gem and more than made up for the disappointments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's HawkDanielDined on 10/24/2014We love this restaurant!! Food is delicious, service is excellent and the wine is outstanding!Special Features:
- Always a hitdinner42Dined on 10/22/2014We have been to Cooper's Hawk several times before and we are always pleased. The drunken shrimp is always delish!!! My husband always gets the steak medallions and loves them all! Great service and friendly atmosphere. The place was hoppin' on a Wednesday night. Will always return!!!Special Features:
- OK ExperienceIndyFoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014New wine tasting area is great. Wish people actually did more tasting than being social and holding up the line. We had reservations. The hostess took us to a table that was already taken. My partner and I stood in the middle of the restaurant waiting to be seated. Terri was our server. She was great and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewJerryVIPDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant runs hot and cold. Sometimes it is quite good and other times it is sort of acceptable.Special Features:
- It's all good.eandaDined on 10/18/2014Food. Wine. Service. It's ALL good here. Great, actually. My husband and I had an outstanding meal on our recent visit to Cooper's Hawk. Our server was prompt, attentive, and friendly. My red wine flight was delicious. I ordered the Soy Ginger Salmon, which was cooked to perfection and bursting with Asian flavors. My husband ordered the pistachio-crusted grouper which was also scrumptious. You simply can't go wrong here - there is something (food and beverage) for everyone.Special Features:
- Great Food.Great Wine.Great ServicefoodismyfriendVIPDined on 10/12/2014Love the feel of this restaurant / winrery...from the wine tasting area up front with some of the best wines we've tasted, to the restaurant area with great dishes and excellent service. The Ahi Tuna dish is amazing and the asian slaw that comes with it is great. The peppercorn burger is a filling dish at lunch...with just enough heat to add to the flavor. For a winery and more upscale restaurant, they do a great job of accommodating families / children. The kid's menu has plenty of options and the servers have always been really pelasant. Don't forget...kids all get a chocolate covered srawberry with their meal. In spring / fall (or summer if not too hot), the outdoor patio seating is a great experience as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food and servicehazeleyesDined on 10/10/2014As always, received great service and food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in North IndyDexterDined on 10/8/2014This place has great wines and great food. Risotto with shaved parm and truffle oil topped with pork tenderloin was the best dish we ate. It has so many wines you can satisfy even peculiar desires for sweet and sparkly wines. You can taste a lot of wine at the bar and at your table before trying. Some entries seem gimicky and silly (raspberry, peach, sweet red wines) but others were quite mature and accomplished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, Food and Dining experiencegreatdineDined on 10/8/2014Food was very good, and the wine list had a lot of great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014My daughter and I dined here, and experienced exceptional service and really great food! Our waitress was especially caring and saw to our every need with a smile.Special Features:
- Nice FinddinealotDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant was a nice find on a quick decision. We were in the neighborhood and had to find a restaurant to take our college student for a celebration. The food was outstanding and the service equaled the food in quality. We were not disappointed! This is a restaurant that will get a return trip next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Fun girls night outAnnoyedDined on 10/3/2014Went here to celebrate some birthdays and we had wine and split entrees. Great service and delicious food and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the bestDinnerDined on 10/3/2014I walk with a cane, so they seated us in the furthest place from the door. It too a bit before the waiter appeared. Scallops "Indiana cooked" which I understand is equal to overdone. They were not tender but bouncy. The steak was ordered rare, but delivered medium. Still good flavor so I didn't send it back. The gnocchi was tender and good flavor. Service....we could have had better follow up. Once the waiter appeared at our table he was great until we received our food, then we had to search for him for assistance. Not what I expected. The wine was fabulous, as usual.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationMadclarkDined on 9/29/2014We have dined at Cooper's Hawk in the past and that was one of the reasons we chose this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. We enjoyed excellent food and service. Our meals were wonderful: well seasoned, and well plated. The service was excellent: attentive enough to take care of our needs, but not overbearing. The complimentary wine samples were a pleasant way to make a choice. And the complimentary dessert was a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmospherefoodieDined on 9/29/2014The food was delicious, we had a party of 10 and the service was very good. Everyone really enjoyed their meal. The atmosphere is perfect for a group or for a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- Good food, better wineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Amazing wine in both taste and selection. The food is good and the menu is diverse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eat and drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014We always have a good meal here. We had a reservation and arrived a few minutes early and were seated immediately. Nice experience.Special Features:
- Great overall ExperiencebakerygirlDined on 9/27/2014The wine selection was great, there is something for everyone. I would recomend trying the 4-sample glasses! The salads were amazing, and a really large plate. All of the entrees' looked great. I choose the gnocchi carbonara and it was perfect. All of the desserts looked like great choices. The creme brûlée was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very elegant with modest prices.EsenDined on 9/27/2014Ideal for couples for a romantic outing and great for the family dinners as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.