Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus
4230 The Strand
Columbus, OH 43219Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 6144286999x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 6144286999x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
407 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (285)special occasion (273)fit for foodies (193)romantic (188)good for groups (188)hot spot (119)great for lunch (113)great for outdoor dining (92)vibrant bar scene (85)neighborhood gem (67)great for brunch (59)late-night find (37)kid-friendly (23)scenic view (14)Show More
- Awesome as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Cooper's Hawk never disappoints. Good food, good wine - it doesn't get any better than that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014We love our wine club membership! Just did our tasting and took our 2 bottles home... yummy!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014I will comment on my husbands meal that he was dissatisfied with. He order the 9 oz filet. When ordered, he asked for medium plus. The food took a little longer then normal to arrive. The steak was almost rare. There was at least an inch of rare meat in the center. After approximately 10 minutes we told the server. He took the steak off the plate and 25 minutes later after the potatoes and vegetables were eaten he brought a very well done steak back.Special Features:
- Great spot. Food was great !GrttimeDined on 8/30/2014Great spot good prices and good service. Not much more to ask!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMisterDDined on 8/27/2014Please visit the hawk. To do it correctly get to the hawk an hour or more before your reservation. Do a wine tasting (go for Jarrod, Giddian, Lindsay, or Therese... Trust me) it's only 7 bucks! Our server was mindy. She's awesome. Hilarious, pays attention to detail and cares about her job. If you sit at the bar, Megan and pj are great! The food is amazing. Go for the pork medallions, the trio, the gnocchi, or honestly anything on the menu . If the kitchen is slow it's because it's from scratch and have fun waiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the patio at Cooper's HawkTucsonHHDined on 8/27/2014Had a delightful dinner outside at Cooper's Hawk in Columbus this week. The food was excellent - we had a combination of appetizers and salmon. Three of us enjoyed wine as well - the Lux Cabernet and one person had the Chardonnay. The evening was warm but cooling off making the patio the place to be. I've heard that inside can be quite cold so had wanted to dine on the patio if possible and it was great. Will look forward to a return visit here next time I'm in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go grouperWWgolfDined on 8/26/2014Had the grouper . Will come back and have same everytime ! Loved it.Special Features:
- Fantastic.LaneWDined on 8/24/2014Cooper's Hawk has an amazing selection of wines, and a huge menu that offers something for everyone. The food is always delicious, and their pretzel bread is to die for. This is a great restaurant for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion dinnerOurgo2placeDined on 8/23/2014We don't go out much, but my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. We made reservations(which is basically required for dinner Friday and Saturday!) we stopped in one time before and it was an hour and a half wait! We LOVED our experience. The food was great! The waitress was helpful when making our decisions. Our only minimal complaint. Our food came fairly quickly. We were into sitting and relaxing and drinking for a while. But getting your food efficiently isn't a bad thing! They brought us a special treat of chocolate covered strawberry and a truffle for our anniversary. Best truffle I have EVER had. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KristyHDined on 8/23/2014Cooper Hawk is hands down my favorite fine dining eatery in Columbus. I have been numerous times with my significant other and just ahd a bachelorette party there on Saturday. Service was outstanding ( our waiter was Walt), the food was delicious, everything was just perfect.Special Features:
- Great Place!!! Will be back!!!MrNorrisDined on 8/22/2014This place was recommended to me by a co-worker. My partner and I finally found time to go, and was pleasantly surprised and very satisfied with my first visit!!! It was crowded, no doubt.......but it wasnt too loud. Beautiful restaurant....nice ambience. Great wine list and menu options. Friendly staff and servers. My only (small) quibble.......it seemed to take a LONG time for the food to arrive..........once it did, however, it was very good!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedAnniv44Dined on 8/22/2014We came back for a 2nd visit after a luncheon birthday event a year ago when we liked the atmosphere and closeness to home. Wedding anniversary this time. There were few, less than $20 seafood dishes on menu. $60 for two Spanish Seafood Cannelloni dishes ($23/ea.) costs too much in our opinion but it was different and tasty. House wine was too expensive at $6.50 for 1/3 of a glass. Suggest you serve a little more wine. Will budget $100 next time. Good place for younger crowd but may be too pricey for limited, fixed income customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!RicechopDined on 8/20/2014Cooper's Hawk has never failed me. Their food is excellent, the wine is diverse and readily available, and that pretzel bread is worth the trip alone. My most recent trip was a date night with my girlfriend and we had a great time. We were seated in a back corner which was wasn't ideal (no air circulation back there!) but the rest of the experience was enjoyable.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationFoodieDined on 8/19/2014Great service, wine and food for our birthday celebration. Meal was well paced and food well preparted--had time to visit and enjoy our meals.Special Features:
- Wonderful Atmosphere/FoodgozmerDined on 8/19/2014The food was delicious and the atmosphere was very "organic" with stone and wood architecture. I had the luncheon salmon which melted in my mouth. Great place to have a date or meet up with friends. It was very quiet and relaxing at lunch time. Service was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as impressedladiesnightoutDined on 8/15/2014Been a couple times, this past experience we set in very dark area( table of 6 females) waiter was very slow with our order yet very accommodating to the table next to us. Food was ok, wasn't as impressed as I had been on my first visit but reasonably priced and I love the sweet red which was sold in lobby for around $15 yet on menu was priced way higherSpecial Features:
- A favoriteLuvwineplacesDined on 8/15/2014Cooper's Hawk is one of my personal favorites. Love the food, wine selection, ambience...just a fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy CH!lunchbunchDined on 8/15/2014We always enjoy Coopers Hawk - we've never had bad food or wine. We enjoy the wine tastings as well; they're fun and informative. We're in the wine club and go there often.Special Features:
- Wonderfulrgsjaug14Dined on 8/14/2014We love Cooper's Hawk! I have been to two in Illinois and love them just as much as the one in Columbus. The food is wonderful. The wine is wonderful. Everything is wonderful!Special Features:
- 8/14/14IrishmarbleDined on 8/14/2014Our monthly dinner brought us here. I have been here several times and have never had a bad experience. My friend was a "newbie". She loved the wine and the food. Even stated she would be back with her fiancé and his brother and wife for a dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coopers Hawk work lunchpmitsDined on 8/14/2014went to Coopers Hawk for a work lunch on a Thursday around noon. It was not too busy, so reservations likely weren't necessary. The crab & lobster bisque was excellent. probably the best I've had in the area. I had the lunch portion Anne's chicken saltimbocca for my entrée. It was plenty of food and very delicious. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Cooper's HawkRealDealDined on 8/13/2014While the food was excellent, the hostess was very rude to my friend (before I got there) and then to me when I arrived. I have sent an email via their website concerning my experience. I would still recommend the restaurant, but was not impressed with the hostess. Food was AWESOME. Raspberry sangria, AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazed at the level of incompetenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014My party arrived at the restaurant 20 minutes early for a 6PM reservation. The restaurant was not busy, we were told it would be just a "couple of minutes." We watched as people with parties ranging from 1 to 8 people walked in and were sat immediately, without a reservation, approximately 5 parties of this type were sat. 25 minutes after arrival (mind you we had a 6PM reservation and the restaurant was not busy, it was now 6:05PM) we were told the our table was ready. We walked in to notice that there were at minimum 8 tables empty. After nearly 10 minutes of sitting there without being greeted, a server said they would be right over, after 5 minutes no one ever came back, so we left not served, unfed, unhappy.
- 5 starsSteveDined on 8/9/2014This was my first time. I will be back. Food was wonderful service was great and nice wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back for morestellaDined on 8/9/2014Really busy Saturday night, so maitre'd and server appeared stressed. Filet medallions were crazy good! Shredded potatoes side dish was very bland. Extensive menu that needs to be further explored, hopefully when it is not so busy. Did not sample the wines (non- drinker).Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerFood4thoughtDined on 8/8/2014I enjoy Cooper's Hawk every time I go! Wine club member and love the wine tasting experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!foodieDined on 8/8/2014Great place for a date or ladies night. Food is delicious and there's a wine suitable for any taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I went backrowgogh2Dined on 8/8/2014This is my first return to the restaurant since my 5/20/14 visit. That visit was ruined by a long wait for the entree. Our visit last night was a very nice experience. The wine bar was energetic and the restaurant staff was flipping tables quickly. Our server, sorry that I cannot recall her name, was very pleasant, providing suggestions and attentive to our needs. The entree special, was recommended by our server, came out quickly and was delicious. Thanks for a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- We cannot get enough of this place!HappyskiDined on 8/6/2014We absolutely love this place!. The ambiance and decor are wonderful. There is a wine for any kind of wine drinker and if not you can always choose from a good beer selection. The food is top notch and always fresh. What we love the most is the staff. The recognize us every time we come in to the restaurant. From the Therese in the tasting room, Ashlie our favorite server and the wonderful bow tie wearing manager Nathan. They are like a family and make us feel like we are part of theirs. There are several more we would like to mention but I cannot remember all the names but they all do a wonderful job. Great food and great service. Keep it up.Special Features:
- Quality AlwaysFavoritePlaceDined on 8/5/2014A great wine place, but with great food. The pork medallions and steaks are awesome.Special Features:
- Always AmazingJulieDined on 8/5/2014I dine at Coopers Hawk at least once a month. I really love the food and atmosphere. The service is always excellent and the wine tastings are delicious and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Was seated near server station, which for an uncrowned restaurant at the time was not my first choice.
- Unique dining experiencePGfanDined on 8/3/2014The menu selection is diverse and excellent. The wine pairings with each menu item are exceptional. The service is top-notch and the food is excellent! Highly recommend this restaurant and can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Good wine and food!Billy111Dined on 8/2/2014Second trip with my husband. We enjoyed the wine tasting while waiting to be seated and both times the food was excellent. We liked that there is a portion of the menu dedicated to healthy, yet tasty meals. We had such a good time we decided to join the wine club and become more regular diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServicenightoutmomDined on 8/2/2014We arrived prior to our reservation and enjoyed the wine tasting. We were seated and our experience went down hill from there. The waitress was not very friendly and she was not very attentive. We waited 20 minutes for our drinks and we waited 45 minutes for our entrees. When our food arrived it was barely warm. We had snagged another employee to check on our orders because we hadn't seen our waitress in 15 minutes and our food was finally delivered by 3 other employees. Our waitress or a member of management never checked in to see how our food was. The food was well prepared but must have sat in kitchen for a long time.
- Great Place!weecawDined on 8/2/2014This was our second visit to Coopers Hawk and it was again wonderful. We will go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Great Location!PeacockPfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Cooper's Hawk is a wonderful winery with a great menu! Varied pricing and selection as well as a scratch kitchen! Excellent!Special Features:
- Third time not the charmZGuyDined on 8/1/2014This is the third time we have been here. The first two times have been outstanding, food, wine and service. This time around not so much so. The food was as excellent as always. But the service was beyond poor. Diner was brought before we were done with the cheese tray. No bread (though the table next to us who order just burgers had their loafs... same waitress), dirty appetizer plates left on the table, no offer for a 2nd round of drinks, no offer for clean silverware. Basically we were being rushed to turn a table. We did bring this to the managers attention halfway through the meal. Scott the manager did an outstanding job to make things right. Thank you to him for saving the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They do it right!madelmanDined on 8/1/2014Cooper's Hawk at Easton is always hopping, yet the staff provides prompt, courteous service. I really enjoy dining here. The blackened talapia is a favorite.Special Features:
- Great Wine, poor serviceDrWineLuverDined on 7/31/2014We had a reservation for 7:30, wasn't seated until 8; waiters were confused on table assignments; wine was selected after a tasting but was told by another person that the selected wine was sold out however after conveying our disappointment she went to the back and found the "last bottle"; ordered meal (for a party of 3: soup, roasted vegetables, and salad) at same time as wine was ordered but order took nearly 45 min to reach our table; waiter repeatedly apologized for the poor kitchen service; waiter even told the manager however the manager was more concerned entertaining a friend with a backpack and leather biker jacket that was roaming in and out of the kitchen area; manager never came to the table to "check" on us or to apologize.Special Features: