Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus
4230 The Strand
Columbus, OH 43219Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 6144286999x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 6144286999x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
406 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (289)special occasion (258)good for groups (192)fit for foodies (184)romantic (176)hot spot (114)great for lunch (106)great for outdoor dining (88)vibrant bar scene (79)neighborhood gem (59)great for brunch (44)late-night find (40)kid-friendly (20)scenic view (13)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great food and excellent wine choices. I wish we could go more often because there are so many different meals I would love to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014This was our first time to Cooper's Hawk, but have heard all good things about the restaurant. It lived up to its reputation. We went for a birthday dinner and everything was just perfect. Our waitress was friendly, patient, and knowledgeable about the wines and the food. She even delivered a FREE birthday treat to my friend, which was just perfect. Very impressed and will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Good Food, Good WineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014We had a late lunch before the Ohio State game. We had a reservations so we were seated right away. The food choices were excellent from light lunch fare and healthy & fit options to great dinner selections. The wine list is extensive (Cooper's Hawks wines) and we enjoyed a white flight with our meal. We visit every time we are in Columbus.Special Features:
- DineandWineLifestylesDineandWineLifestylesDined on 9/27/2014We began our Columbus excursion at Cooper's Hawk Winery Tasting Room. A beautiful upscale experience with a generous tasting pour with a keepsake wine glass. The Shiraz and Malbec were my favorite reds, and the Passion Fruit had a balanced finish, not too sweet. We all truly enjoyed our tasting and dining experience. The crab and lobster bisque was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceRobbiDined on 9/26/2014Our reservations was at 5:30, it took a good 15 minutes to get our wine! We then ordered an appetizer and after 1/2 an hour we asked one of the waiters that walked by, we hadn't seen ours in some time. Next thing you know our main course is being served. No appetizer for us!Special Features:
- Cooper's hawk luncheonRclarkeDined on 9/26/2014Had a great time with friends and family! Good service and good food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Exceeding ExpectationsEJonesVIPDined on 9/25/2014We love coming here for the great food, great wine, and great service! Pretty much our go to restaurant and we couldn't have chosen a better place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTSmooveDined on 9/24/2014Cooper's Hawk is a phenomenal dining experience. The service and server that we experienced and the ambience of the place were amazing! I had the crab cakes and they were very tasty and my wife had the Grouper. OMG! We will definitely return for multiple dining visits. Three thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014This was a work outing but wanted to have fun. We accomplished both. It was my first time at this restaurant and I will definitely go again when I am in the Columbus area. Hopefully they will open up one in my hometown of Cleveland. Service was excellent, we sat at the bar with Patrick then went to a table with David. The chocolate covered pretzel bread pudding was a favorite..hope it never comes off of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Food was very tasty. Service was excellent. We were able to sit with our family who can in from out of town and have a conversation without having to be loud.Special Features:
- Great dinner!Eat2muchDined on 9/21/2014We visited Cooper's Hawk for the first time and it was a really good experience. Out waitress was fun and very helpful. The wine choices seemed endless and we were given the chance to sample several before making our selection. The food was really good as well - flavorful and filling! We did not leave , hungry. The prices were reasonable - overall a nice evening out for our family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Noise level was very high where we sat. Otherwise restaurant was perfect and food exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Amazing Experience!!!MegzDined on 9/19/2014This was my husband and I's first time to Cooper's Hawk and we weren't disappointed at all. The service was amazing. The wine was great and we loved that it corresponded to certain foods on the menu. There were so many choices for food and such a great selection. I tend to order my filet mignon well and it still had so much flavor and taste and it was soooo good. My husband ordered his filet medium and it came out perfect. We also ordered appetizers and desert and they were just as good. Overall, the price of the night was within reason for the amazing food and wine that we had. I can't wait to go back and would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Enjoy the wine tastingslunchbunchDined on 9/19/2014They offer a different flight of wines for tasting each month. These are really fun and informative.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceSavoristDined on 9/17/2014We went for a birthday celebration. Our waitress was very kind and made sure the birthday girl felt special. She was attentive to our needs. The food was delicious and for a Wednesday night, the place was packed. This was my second visit and I look forward to taking my husband there. He will really enjoy it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Dining ExperienceOhioSteelDined on 9/12/2014If you are willing to wait an hour for you food this is the place to go. Excellent wine. They need a new kitchen manager!Special Features:
- Cool AtmospherewardoDined on 9/12/2014I think it is a cool place w cool atmosphere. I think the actual bar area is a little lacking. When you first walk-in there is a little confusion with the wine tasting going on. When we approached the wine tasting bar (small round one) it took about 5 minutes for the guy to explain to us that if we wanted a drink before dinner we had to walk around the corner. Then it was not easy to get a drink at the bar area.Special Features:
- ok eaterywlcgvmDined on 9/12/2014Open Table reservation was confirmed perfectly; server did not know information about origin of wine; food was okSpecial Features:
- rks7777Dined on 9/10/2014Overall enjoyed my first trip to Coopers Hawk. Service was good and my meal was excellent. My wife tried the Grouper and it was a little salty. Also it's an open environment so it can get a littl loud. Still all and all I would recommend to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv Coopers Hawk!lunchbunchDined on 9/10/2014We eat here often. We love the food, wine, and the managers and staff are always so nice and so accommodating. It's our fav!Special Features:
- InonbizDined on 9/9/2014Good food and drink! Service on this occasion was a little slow.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014it took a long time to get our order taken and food to come out but the food was excellent. I especially appreciate all the gluten free choicesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/9/2014The staff was very accommodating as I was trying to host a working board meeting there. It was a nice change of pace. The food was great, and we appreciate the staff begin so attentice.Special Features:
- Perfect evening with old friendsFunstersDined on 9/7/2014Our second visit to Cooper's Hawk and the first for our friends from Arizona, who choose this from our suggestions based on the menu. The food was wonderful, our waiter was very attentive, the wine flights went well with the food, and very easy to catch up with old friends as no-one felt crowded, and the ambience was just right.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceJoeDVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our second time at this location. We had a fabulous time - did the wine tasting and even joined the wine club. The service was fantastic and the meal was absolutely amazing. Without a doubt, we will be back to this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why dine here?BuckeyeterryVIPDined on 9/6/2014The table for our group of 6 was on time without delay. The server was slow to get the basic water and slow to get the bread. The cocktails again were slow and almost came with the dinner we all ordered. Why is that there are managers are seen counting tables and never come to the table to ask how was the meal? The food was not all that great,I have concerns they even have a quality chief. I think the microwave was use on to prepare the food. The process was so long we all passed on the coffee to get out. This group bill was over $300.00 . Not one of the couples would engage this place again.
- Great restaurant!PGfanDined on 9/6/2014The service at this restaurant is outstanding! Jerri is a fantastic server and always gives us good advice! The food is great although the last time we dined there we ordered the grouper and it was too salty. The wine pairings and the wine flights are quite generous. This is one of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Don't miss this place!CHWandRorbustDined on 9/6/2014Cousins came from north south east and west to a family get-together at CHW&R. The food was great and reasonably priced. It was busy; however, we were able to hear each other. Definitely a place to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatillbewherefoodisamazingDined on 9/4/2014I have been to Cooper's Hawk many times and every time the food is amazing and the service is great. I highly recommend the Italian sausage Flatbread, the short rib risotto or the jumbalaya. All fantastic and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could have been betterAJH2MSDined on 9/1/2014We were seated near the bar area. We would have preferred to be in the nicer dining area. Our server was less than attentive. The food was amazing. The wine was fantastic. Everyone in our party was very happy with their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst server but good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014our server was the worst! it was shocking how bad she was considering how nice the restaurant was. Atmosphere and wine was great but would have to think twice about going back due to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualJaye43Dined on 8/30/2014Cooper's Hawk never disappoints. Good food, good wine - it doesn't get any better than that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014We love our wine club membership! Just did our tasting and took our 2 bottles home... yummy!!!Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 8/30/2014I will comment on my husbands meal that he was dissatisfied with. He order the 9 oz filet. When ordered, he asked for medium plus. The food took a little longer then normal to arrive. The steak was almost rare. There was at least an inch of rare meat in the center. After approximately 10 minutes we told the server. He took the steak off the plate and 25 minutes later after the potatoes and vegetables were eaten he brought a very well done steak back.Special Features:
- Great spot. Food was great !GrttimeDined on 8/30/2014Great spot good prices and good service. Not much more to ask!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMisterDDined on 8/27/2014Please visit the hawk. To do it correctly get to the hawk an hour or more before your reservation. Do a wine tasting (go for Jarrod, Giddian, Lindsay, or Therese... Trust me) it's only 7 bucks! Our server was mindy. She's awesome. Hilarious, pays attention to detail and cares about her job. If you sit at the bar, Megan and pj are great! The food is amazing. Go for the pork medallions, the trio, the gnocchi, or honestly anything on the menu . If the kitchen is slow it's because it's from scratch and have fun waiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfultdanieDined on 8/27/2014Food was amazing and our waiter has some great ideas for both of us. As I was torn between a couple of items he made a suggestion I went with it and a great choice.Special Features:
- On the patio at Cooper's HawkTucsonHHDined on 8/27/2014Had a delightful dinner outside at Cooper's Hawk in Columbus this week. The food was excellent - we had a combination of appetizers and salmon. Three of us enjoyed wine as well - the Lux Cabernet and one person had the Chardonnay. The evening was warm but cooling off making the patio the place to be. I've heard that inside can be quite cold so had wanted to dine on the patio if possible and it was great. Will look forward to a return visit here next time I'm in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go grouperWWgolfDined on 8/26/2014Had the grouper . Will come back and have same everytime ! Loved it.Special Features:
- Fantastic.LaneWDined on 8/24/2014Cooper's Hawk has an amazing selection of wines, and a huge menu that offers something for everyone. The food is always delicious, and their pretzel bread is to die for. This is a great restaurant for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.