Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus
4230 The Strand
Columbus, OH 43219Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 6144286999x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 6144286999x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
385 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (285)special occasion (244)good for groups (186)fit for foodies (180)romantic (167)hot spot (115)great for lunch (97)great for outdoor dining (73)vibrant bar scene (73)neighborhood gem (56)late-night find (39)great for brunch (34)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (14)Show More
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014-Great good -Great service They was also able to accommodate a friend that added to the group at the last minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014The service was awesome and out waitress did a wonderful job to bring our meals and appetizer as it was ready as well as our wine. She brought our drinks and wine as in time as we needed refills.Special Features:
- Group DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were on a group date with 2 other couples celebrating all of our first nights of freedom since having kids this summer. This was our 2nd time there and everyone else's first. The wine selection is outstanding. We had the pork belly tostadas and southwest egg rolls for appetizers and both were very good. The pretzel bread is also fantastic. I has the short rib risotto. It was full of flavor and the ribs were cooked to perfection- so tender! Everyone else loved their entrees as well. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Cooper's Hawk always delights!MonthlyDateDined on 10/18/2014Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant at Easton Town Center never disappoints. Wine Bar, Back Bar and food offerings are fantastic . Join the Wine Club for monthly tastings, specials and great opportunities to learn about wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noteworthy Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was the second visit to the Cooper's Hawk location in Columbus, Ohio for my wife and I. Our first time there was to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary in May, 2014. We were so impressed with the food, ambiance, service and wine list, that we had decided to join the wine club, and make a commitment to return at some time in the future. Work schedules and other family commitments precluded us from doing so, however, until this past Saturday. Needless to say, we were yet again impressed and pleased with the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!!!JazzDined on 10/18/2014This was my first time visiting Cooper's Hawk and I must say I enjoyed every moment!!! The service was excellent and the wine and food was beyond EXCELLENT! This place is great! My group and I loved this restaurant and will def be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityJuleSVIPDined on 10/17/2014From the moment you enter the restaurant one feels the energetic efficiency of a well run establishment. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and wineBurnside4Dined on 10/16/2014As a wine club member, I look forward to the wine of the month--always different. I love the Over the Border Egg Rolls and the Gnocchi Carbonara! You get fresh baked pretzel bread as you wait for your food...yum! Service is friendly and knowledgeable. It's nice to try a sample of the wine before you get a glass or bottle. If you go in the evening on any day, it might be best to make a reservation. Tuesday and Wednesday nights and have had hour long waits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine selection and service!NateVIPDined on 10/16/2014Excellent service by the front of the house, our waitress, and phenomenal food!Special Features:
- 1st VisitCbus22VIPDined on 10/15/2014We had dinner with an appetizer, entree, and sandwich. Food was good, but it isn't a place to eat light. Large servings. We made 3 meals out of our order. Lots of oil and butter on everything. We will eat there again but will order a salad and split it.Special Features:
- relishDined on 10/14/2014Tables were turned quickly. Food came fast, but was just ok. You could still tell you were eating at a chain restaurant.Special Features:
- 2 for 2SmokeyDeBearDined on 10/12/2014We've been to Cooper's Hawk twice now, and each time has been a great experience.Special Features:
- corkyDined on 10/12/2014EVERYTHING WENT WELL; NO WAIT FOR A TABLE; THEY WERE NOT TOO CROWED SO WE GOT SEATING IMMEDIATELYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion PlacePatronDined on 10/11/2014This is the second time we dinned here. It is one of the few places in Ohio that is a romantic restaurant. We like to dress up & dine sometimes so this is going to be one of our favorite places to go. Also, the 2 times we were there, there were no children. We love children (have 3 & 3 grandchildren), however, when we go out to a special place it's nice not to be interupted by screaming. The prices are very reasonable for this type of restaurant. The food, service, & wine are spectacular!Special Features:
- ConnieConnieDined on 10/11/2014First visit to Coopers Hawk and it won't be my last. The food was perfection. Everyone at the table ordered something different and nothing but raves all around. What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Addition to Favorites ListOut2EatDined on 10/11/2014First time at this restaurant and were very pleased. We are looking forward to future dinners there. Calamari appetizer was very good, Salmon was great and also the Scallops. We each had a flight of wine and liked the option, to fit our individual tastes. Leaving we noticed the busy wine bar area and thought it would be a great place to visit too.Special Features:
- Beverly's Birthday DinnerDBBJ60Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit to Cooper's Hawk and was recommended to us by some of our friends. From the instant we walked in and until we left, everything was outstanding. The location, service (Katie-Very personable, friendly, knowledgeable, checking on us to see if everything was ok or did we need something else > but not over bearing), menu selections of food, atmosphere, choice of wines, etc was excellent. We live 1hr 40mins away and we will be coming back. We have no complaints at all and would highly recommend eating here. Thank You!!Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Our server gauged our timing perfectly - knew when to take our order, when to let us chat. Food was very good. Tasting different wines is fun.Special Features:
- Great evening!Moto829Dined on 10/10/2014The service was great. Our server Felicia met every request, stayed on task with all her tables, reservations were met with no wait. Food was fantastic, great taste for the grouper, food served hot which means a lot. Wine was good, we are not big on wine, but the Moscato was very good. Definately will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDavisDogsDined on 10/10/2014We love the ambiance and the food. Everything was great. Our only complaint is the price of drinks. At $10 each we could afford to have 1 each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy hectic experiencehibb1Dined on 10/10/2014Best for wines. Pretty average for food. Noise level very high. It felt like we were dining in a high priced cafeteria. Not recommended unless you love noise and can talk loud.Special Features:
- Excellent food and winedrenmattDined on 10/9/2014A beautiful restaurant with wine tasting the second you walk in the door. A great way to kill time while you wait for your table. The food is excellent and the staff stay on top of things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usual!Jaye43Dined on 10/8/2014Cooper's Hawk remains one of my favorite places to eat. The food, the wine, the service - amazing! The wine braised short ribs are EVERYTHING! I just went and I'm trying to figure out when I'm going back. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Vibrant atmosphere, courteous and helpful staff. The food was very good. A great time for a small or large group who like wineSpecial Features:
- great service - mediocre foodDeborahDined on 10/3/2014Staff were well-versed in art of providing a good customer experience. I wish the kitchen could say the same. The "award-winning" pork belly tosadas lacked the exceptional flavor that we expected. We ordered the pistaschio crusted grouper, which was almost burned. The Mary's potato side was very dry and lacked flavor. The beef skirt steak entree was tough and the roasted vegetable side was greasey. We were sorely disappointed with the food at the Columbus The Strand location. We did love the atmosphere and the little "store" near the entrance. I have to say they would have to improve their food before I would go back. Sorry...Special Features:
- Hits the mark everytimeHappyskiDined on 10/3/2014Stopped in for a visit to Coopers Hawk today and they hit the mark again. We did a tasting this month and looked into the wine club they have. The wine attendant guided us through eight different wines and even let us change things if we wanted to try something different. We normally just eat and roll and boy are we glad we did the tasting this time. We will have to do this from here on out. The host were great as usual. We sat in the bar this time since we had not before and it was great as usual. We love the manager Nathan as he always stops by and says hello and makes us feel like family. His staff is always so kind. You have made us great fans. Thanks Coopers Hawk.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday DinnerAwill102Dined on 10/2/2014Cooper's Hawk could not have provide me with a better birthday experience. From the incredible food to the unbelievable wine an all around favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!TLT14Dined on 10/1/2014A great dining experience! The atmosphere was laid back, pleasent and charming. The surroundings were a mix of comtemporary and rustic with with a great sense of a first class operation. And our server, Katie was extremely knowledgeable, patient and kind. We felt that she truly wanted us to have the greatest dining experience ever! And we did! She was very helpful in helping us decide on a wine suitable for our meal. The food was delivered in a timely fashion and was exquisite! And all for a reasonable price for a meal and experience of this caliber! We will definitely return to sample more of everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGolf32Dined on 9/27/2014Great food and excellent wine choices. I wish we could go more often because there are so many different meals I would love to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSalley99Dined on 9/27/2014This was our first time to Cooper's Hawk, but have heard all good things about the restaurant. It lived up to its reputation. We went for a birthday dinner and everything was just perfect. Our waitress was friendly, patient, and knowledgeable about the wines and the food. She even delivered a FREE birthday treat to my friend, which was just perfect. Very impressed and will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Good Food, Good WinebaltimorebornDined on 9/27/2014We had a late lunch before the Ohio State game. We had a reservations so we were seated right away. The food choices were excellent from light lunch fare and healthy & fit options to great dinner selections. The wine list is extensive (Cooper's Hawks wines) and we enjoyed a white flight with our meal. We visit every time we are in Columbus.Special Features:
- DineandWineLifestylesDineandWineLifestylesDined on 9/27/2014We began our Columbus excursion at Cooper's Hawk Winery Tasting Room. A beautiful upscale experience with a generous tasting pour with a keepsake wine glass. The Shiraz and Malbec were my favorite reds, and the Passion Fruit had a balanced finish, not too sweet. We all truly enjoyed our tasting and dining experience. The crab and lobster bisque was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceRobbiDined on 9/26/2014Our reservations was at 5:30, it took a good 15 minutes to get our wine! We then ordered an appetizer and after 1/2 an hour we asked one of the waiters that walked by, we hadn't seen ours in some time. Next thing you know our main course is being served. No appetizer for us!Special Features:
- Cooper's hawk luncheonRclarkeDined on 9/26/2014Had a great time with friends and family! Good service and good food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Exceeding ExpectationsEJonesVIPDined on 9/25/2014We love coming here for the great food, great wine, and great service! Pretty much our go to restaurant and we couldn't have chosen a better place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTSmooveDined on 9/24/2014Cooper's Hawk is a phenomenal dining experience. The service and server that we experienced and the ambience of the place were amazing! I had the crab cakes and they were very tasty and my wife had the Grouper. OMG! We will definitely return for multiple dining visits. Three thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timeoutandaboutDined on 9/23/2014This was a work outing but wanted to have fun. We accomplished both. It was my first time at this restaurant and I will definitely go again when I am in the Columbus area. Hopefully they will open up one in my hometown of Cleveland. Service was excellent, we sat at the bar with Patrick then went to a table with David. The chocolate covered pretzel bread pudding was a favorite..hope it never comes off of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Food was very tasty. Service was excellent. We were able to sit with our family who can in from out of town and have a conversation without having to be loud.Special Features:
- Great dinner!Eat2muchDined on 9/21/2014We visited Cooper's Hawk for the first time and it was a really good experience. Out waitress was fun and very helpful. The wine choices seemed endless and we were given the chance to sample several before making our selection. The food was really good as well - flavorful and filling! We did not leave , hungry. The prices were reasonable - overall a nice evening out for our family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Noise level was very high where we sat. Otherwise restaurant was perfect and food exceptionalSpecial Features: