Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
8080 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 5134881110x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
438 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (292)special occasion (240)good for groups (207)fit for foodies (179)neighborhood gem (140)romantic (118)great for lunch (117)hot spot (93)vibrant bar scene (81)great for brunch (38)great for outdoor dining (35)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (27)scenic view (5)Show More
- WonderfulLivetoeatDined on 8/28/2014Wonderful place for a school moms night out, particularly enjoyed the complimentary wine tastings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Our server John was absolutely fabulous. Took time to explain everything, since it was our first time. Wine and appetizer was great. I made the wrong choice of the Cesar Salad. The pesto dressing was way too strong, and not at all what I was expecting. LOVE basil, but not on cesar salad. John offered to bring something else, but I declined, and left the entire salad. The pretzel bread was great.Special Features:
- Cooper's HawkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014This restaurant fulfills a great need for a fine dining establishment in the Kenwood area. We have dined there many times and consider it our top choice. This past occasion Was the celebration of our 55th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLindaDined on 8/27/2014My friend and I had a great experience at Cooper's Hawk. Great tasting, great dinner, wonderful service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014LOVE Coopershawk!! One of my new favorite restaurants in Cincinnati!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check your food.StevieDined on 8/23/2014We had a HORRIBLE experience our first time going there back in January so we thought it's been almost 9 months so we'll give it another chance. Our reservation on Friday 8/23 was at 8:15 ...we were sat around 8:45. It took a bit to actually get our server. He brings out the bread and butter and there's a giant, dark black hair sticking straight out of the butter. The waiter dropped it off and left so we had to wait another 5+ minutes for him to come back in eye view to wave him down to replace it. The dinner was good but after finding a hair in your food, it kind of ruins your appetite. I'm not sure if we'll be back...Special Features:
- Terrible service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We were seated at least 10 minutes before a waitress (not ours) came to our table. Our waitress eventually showed up. We were celebrating a birthday so we all (table of 5) ordered drinks, appetizers, dinner and dessert. Our meal ended up taking over 2 hours which was way too long. Our waitress rarely stopped by the table to check on us. When asked for a water refill (after flagging her down), she rolled her eyes and eventually came back with a pitcher. When desserts arrived, one order was incorrect. She stomped off and brought the correct dessert about 10 minutes later. By this time, we could not wait to leave. It certainly was not a pleasant dining experience. No manager came thru to speak with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Went for a birthday lunch and had a great time the food and wine were outstanding I would def go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceniteoutDined on 8/22/2014The food was amazing! The filet medallions were delicious and our waiter, John was great. The wine list is extensive and don't get me started on the cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine SelectionGoUCDined on 8/22/2014Great wine selection, food was very good and service was excellent. Noise was on the loud side but great friends help you over come the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!RedWineGirlDined on 8/22/2014This was my third time visiting Cooper's Hawk (I joined their wine program the very first visit!), the first two times were for lunch and this times was a weekend night dinner to celebrate our anniversary - it did not disappoint. Food was fabulous, service was great and the wine, as always was perfect. Stopped on the way out for an additional wine tasting and to pick up our wine. They exchanged a couple of our wine club choices and we were on our way. Wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeHeatherDined on 8/22/2014Tried Cooper's Hawk for the first time, excellent food and great wine! The tasting room is very pretty, however, we were sat in a drab room (sunroom-ish) for dinner. We felt unnaturally secluded from the rest of the restaurant and the overall vibe of the building. Other than that our waiter and wine attendant were very helpful. Went home with four bottles of wine!Special Features:
- For a nice Friday night for dinner.anniversaryDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good and the desserts were excellent. Desserts are large enough to split with another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh What A Night!LisaDined on 8/22/2014So pleased that we were not rushed...we were actually there for 4 hours...our choice! Appetizers and drinks as we waited for 2 of our party members...Then dinner and dessert! 8 of us at a round table was perfect! Our server, Stacy, absolutely the best server I have ever had! She did not write down ONE thing and remembered every item, without fail, even with a few special requests! Very attentive but not annoying!! No one had an empty glass and she did not spend a long time trying to up sell or over sell us on anything!Special Features:
- BACK AGAINBASSOVIPDined on 8/21/2014Chosen for my birthday aand it was a good choice aas we always like it there.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningNJcousinsDined on 8/21/2014My out-of-state cousins and I were pleasantly surprised at the lively atmosphere on a Thursday evening. We enjoyed a delicious dinner, tried a new wine and had fun in the gift shop on the way out. Service was fast and staff was fun and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Wine TastingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Awesome selection & really knowledgable servers. Really recommend the Chardonnay Unoaked.Special Features:
- Great food but noisygirlsnightoutDined on 8/19/2014The menu - both wine & food - was great, service was attentive and the décor was up to darte. but I was there with 5 other friends and we couldn't hear from one end of the table to the other. That was very disappointing. It may be better for a couple or small group but if you value conversation at dinner it's a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional!ShebaKiraDined on 8/17/2014The food is amazing and even more so is the fact that we have loved every bottle of wine! Joining the wine club was a plus and with the extra certificates we are accumulating, the price for a dinner for 4 is above and beyond what you would get anywhere else where you would pay a much higher price. We are extremely pleased that Cooper's Hawk has come to Cincinnati!Special Features:
- Great experienceLovetoeatVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is the best new restaurant to the Kenwood area by far. From start to finish the food is always great, service is superb and the wine selection and club are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceWinoVIPDined on 8/16/2014We are trying some different dinner options and everything has been great. The new Barbera - Merlot was a good addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service Fine - Noise DeaffensDiningOutDined on 8/15/2014Noise level is -- very loud. The "energetic" description above does not begin to describe the high decibel level in this very stylish place.Special Features:
- Bad service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/14/2014Love this restaurant but had horrific service! Rude waitress who was not only unfriendly but also acted put out by her customers.Special Features:
- Good place for dinnerdinnerpal44Dined on 8/13/2014I think the restaurant is great for groups. Tables were far enough apart that you didn't feel crowded. Was a little noisy, so couldn't always hear what others were saying on the other side of the table. But it was still a good experience. Food and drinks were very good. Service was excellent! Got seated quickly with a reservation. Cost of dinner was reasonable for what you got. Portions were a good size, but not too much. Lots of choices. Appreciated the specific tipping listed on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/12/2014I've been going to CH at least twice a month for dinner since they opened and immediately became a wine club member. This is the first visit we have had that every person there be rude. The blonde older woman at the tasting bar was VERY rude when we went to get our monthly wine club wines. The hostess was rude as well when we asked her about what event was taking place in the back room. I hope this was a fluke otherwise I won't be going there very much longer....
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014We had a nice dinner. My wife enjoyed the wine. The service was good and the bread was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service not so muchNonamegivenVIPDined on 8/10/2014Overall good, with service being the downfall. Server was slow and inattentive. We had to wait a long time for food. Dessert took over 20 minutes after ordering, which is ridiculous. I asked for a change to my main course and my request was ignored, even though the server said it was no problem when I ordered. Private room had a photographer taking photos the entire time we were there and the flash got very irritating after awhile. However, our food was good, and that will likely bring us back to try them again.
- A wonderful birthday celebration!Bonaki70Dined on 8/10/2014Recently I took my husband to Cooper's Hawk for his birthday to celebrate with his son and grandson. I had made reservations through Open table, which is super, and i was even able to request that a chilled bottle of his favorite wine be waiting for him at the table. He was so surprised! Our grandson is 9 and said he wanted to order steak rather than order from a "Kids' menu". To his surprise, there were steak medallions on the kids' menu and he was so pleased with his meal! He actually got more steak than we recently received at a national restaurant chain's "steak special"! The birthday treat was greatly appreciated by my husband and he said it was a great way to celebrate his birthday! Thanks for making it a special dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great birthday dinner!GoldenMomDined on 8/9/2014I dined there for my birthday. Everything was wonderful, and our waiter, Clifford, was perfect. We ate outside so the atmosphere and noise level were great. There is a large selection of food and wine - everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyJimmyDined on 8/9/2014This is a excellent restaurant. We took friends for their first time, equally enjoyed by all. Service is so fast and friendly. The menu is so varied, we want to continue to come back and try different things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewdinahDined on 8/8/2014The food was excellent. Great place to go to try different wines. They will let you have as many wine tastings as you want to help decide on your bottle or glass choice. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our waitress seemed to know about the different types of wines. My only complaint is the noise level. On my rating I put energetic - which is true. But I prefer when dining to be able to talk with the others at my table without feeling like I was shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine taste/meal with friendsBrinoDined on 8/8/2014Really enjoyed our wine tasting before dinner. Food was great, server was either overbooked or having a bad night. He was not very attentive to our table but pleasant when he was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Cooper Hawk.cindyJDined on 8/8/2014I have dined here at the newest Cincinnati location several times for private parties, lunch and dinner. The service for the private party wasn't very good which initially turned me away from dining there again for quite a while, however, once we did, we were very pleased. They have a great menu, wonderful ambiance and fantastic wine list. Definitely planning on dining here frequently.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOut4dinnerDined on 8/8/2014I made a reservation 3 weeks in advance of our dinner and did get my requested time. I entered a note about the special occasion we were celebrating and requested a romantic table with ambiance. We were seated promptly, at a table in an area that reminded me of a patio enclosure sporting indoor- outdoor carpet and a lovely view of the crammed parking lot. We requested to change tables (which we did...was about 15 steps away from the first table) and then got "the cold shoulder" from our server. Having said that, food was excellent and matched to a suitable wine. By dessert, our server mentioned that she "just saw" it was our anniversary and brought us two glasses of the blanc to blanc sparkling wine. A nice finish to a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coopers hawkonceachefalwaysachefDined on 8/8/2014I was not overly impressed with the restaurant. When we were seated I kept expecting them to turn the lights up, very dark and hard to see. The food was ok, only the banana bread dessert stood out. The Jambalaya was too thick and the shrimp was tough. My wife's filet was nothing to brag about and the broccoli was overcooked. The steak was very tasteless and somewhat undercooked. My daughter had crusted chicken breast which was pretty good, except the green beans were very undercooked, almost like they were not cooked at all. My wife tried to have a steamed liquor with her coffee for dessert but they didn't know how to do it. brought it out laying on a glass of hot water. It never got warm and we had them remove from bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentPeytonVIPDined on 8/8/2014A disappointing meal after two previous meals that were terrific. My wife's entry came barely warm - the manager apologized and brought a hot replacement - and the husband of the couple with us ordered decaf which came out cold. After a new pot was brewed (took five minutes), the replacement cup with hot. Service was nothing special. Overall a disappointing experience.
- OHFLgirlDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food, great restaurant. I wish the sound wasn't as loud. Nothing absorbs the noise in the room which makes it hard to converse at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014We a great time at dinner on Thursday night with our party of 6. We did the wine tasting first, then had dinner. The food was great. Maggie our server did an AMAZING job, especially with some over bearing people in our group. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AppetizermarkDined on 8/7/2014WE had the Mexican shrimp for an appetizer with avocado, bacon wrapped shrimp, and a great sauce! YUM!Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We share our anniversary with friends and celebrate together. When our server found out that we were celebrating our anniversaries she immediately went and got us all a glass of champagne. For dessert she brought a sampler platter of desserts with a candle and a chocolate message of "Congratulations"! Our friends were very impressed as were we. A great night!!Special Features: