Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
8080 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 5134881110x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
406 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (271)special occasion (203)good for groups (193)fit for foodies (178)neighborhood gem (110)great for lunch (108)romantic (105)hot spot (101)vibrant bar scene (71)late-night find (35)great for outdoor dining (29)great for brunch (24)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great tastingsLindaDined on 10/19/2014This was about my sixth visit to Cooper's Hawk. The wine tastings are always very enjoyable, but a couple of times I have been disappointed in the good. The chicken giardenara was too salty, and the scallops on a bed of vegetables were not that good. Just a little more care in the kitchen would work wonders.Special Features:
- NoisedocJ1Dined on 10/16/2014It seems extensively high level of noise as you try to talk and you hear people laughing and talking at table near a far from you. It distracts from your conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here and it was a fantastic experience. The food was wonderful and the service was excellent. We felt that the staff went above and beyond to make our night special. We felt the service was just as good as some of the best fine dining restaurants in Cincinnati. My wife and I will definitely dine here more frequently.Special Features:
- WARD101092Dined on 10/10/2014Loved everything. Wine was wonderful. Food was fabulous. Waitress was truly helpful. Can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchJimLevVIPDined on 10/8/2014Had a nice meal today with my Mom. Food was good and she had funI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, server with an attitudeStash32VIPDined on 10/8/2014We like Coopers Hawk, in general. The food is average (not great), they have an excellent gluten free menu which is one of the reasons we go there for lunch. This last trip we had a server with an "attitude"; she really did not want to be there and did not think that serving the customer was very important. This happens sometimes, so we are not going to let this experience sour us. After being at Sotto a few nights earlier where the service is exemplary, it was very apparent and the contrast was just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than we hoped for :-).IMAFoodieDined on 10/7/2014This was our first visit to Cooper's and we were not disappointed. The service was excellent thanks to our wonderful server Ashlynn and the food was outstanding. We even joined the wine club. We will definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coopers HawkKwithacDined on 10/5/2014We always enjoy the food at Coopers' Hawk. It's the level of noise that dissuades us from going more often. Weekends are especially bad when the restaurant is crowded. However we chose to come there after the Arronoff and found it very enjoyable because we could talk to each other without the roar of the crowd.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014This place is great! The food is yummy and they have a great wine list! Definitely a good place to go for a date night!Special Features:
- Great Wine, Great FoodKingOsteakDined on 10/4/2014We knew Coopers Hawk was a winery first and foremost, but we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. Our meal was wonderful, from the appetizers, to the salads, to our entrees, everything was really well executed and delicious. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Decent but don't expect a winery.amphibianDined on 10/3/2014This is a good place to eat/drink as long as you set your expectations accordingly. Don't show up expecting something comparable to a visit to Napa. The wine is just OK, but it is also priced accordingly so it's not a problem. The food is decent, and again, priced accordingly. Neither the food nor wine are exceptional, but for what it is I think it is a good value. The overall ambiance is a bit corporate, and a bit loud. Our waitress was not knowledgeable on either the food or the wine, but luckily they anticipate that (again, pretty corporate) and everything from the chef specials to pairings to the tasting notes is printed out. Re-reading this it sounds a bit more negative than I intended, because we did enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- All goodOutwithmomanddadDined on 10/3/2014We were seated immediately (glad we had the reservation), we requested a table and that was on our reservation card. Service was great. Food was great. Noise level was really loud. We consistently have a very good experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discoveryamren52Dined on 10/3/2014Have passed by several times but always look for places downtown or in Hyde park - this is a great place closer to home! Really enjoyed the lux wine flight. Lots of choices at a very reasonable price and the Mediterranean salad was amazing! Having the healthy choices with calorie info was great for us since we are trying to be more mindful of what we eat. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable experienceLuvmywineDined on 9/28/2014Atmosphere was very nice and the service was incredible. Truly enjoyed the option to taste wines before making a decision and the server was very knowledgeable about each wine. Will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Great experience!WelovewineDined on 9/28/2014Everything was great! Our server was very informative and helpful, the food was delicious, and the wine list was extensive and very good! Not to mention complimentary tastings! Was fun for a night out with girlfriends - but could also be a nice date spot. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantXjelxDined on 9/28/2014They have thought of everything with this restaurant. Wine bar is amazing as was the service at the wine bar food is fantastic, as is the atmosphere. We went twice in two weeks after our first visit. Wine is good but not exceptional. Best of all was the service on our 2nd visit. 1st visit service was less than perfect but the second visit with Jamal made the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food on first visitAOEsqDined on 9/28/2014This was our first time and we will return. The menu was large and the wine selection was superb. Our waitress was charming albeit new. She did a great job of making us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeFirstTimerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Flights of wine would significantly larger than expected. Flatbread was amazing. Had the Salmon which was moist and correctly prepared. Wife had the Ahi Tuna. Both very good. We'll definitely return.
- Outstanding MenuMattDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I went here prior to attending Broadway in Cincinnati. I had the steak medallions and she had Dana's chicken - both were absolutely outstanding and prepared to order. Our waitress was very attentive, but not overbearing and extremely knowledgeable about the menu and wine list.Special Features:
- Really great place for wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014This place is perfect for a parents night out. Food is good. Wine selection is great. Perfect Date night place or even a night out with friends. Parking much easier than BanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Anniversary DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Sat outside. Noise from street paving was unbearable and still going on at 7:30 PM on a Friday night. Initially, skirt steak came out raw. Staff was responsive and got my steak cooked right, but I to eat when everyone was finished. The more expensive wines were very good. The less expensive wines tasted a bit young. Food was good. Finally, we had to go inside to avoid paving noise, but there was no place to sit and it was extremely noisy....so we just left and went to another bar. Recommend this restaurant to people who light lively and noisy bars and restaurant scenes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatBirthdayGirl925Dined on 9/25/2014Very nice dining experience for birthday dinner. Waiter was very good, food and wine were delicious, table still felt intimate next to large party, will definitely return again to neighborhood location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointing .OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014I thought the service was poor. Didn't check to see if we needed our water glasses filled. She also free got to bring a cocktail when we ordered a second round. We had four in our group and we had to send three of the meals back. One was over cooked! Fish, food was cold. and one ordered shrimp and got chicken. Will be looking for new place to Dine.
- Wonderful!kp08Dined on 9/25/2014This is a great lunch or dinner spot! Wine is excellent! A little loud, but it was a large party of ladies celebrating a birthday so it wasn't like a screaming kid!! Love Patty in the wine tasting area :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Find!Sandra517Dined on 9/23/2014Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant is engaging from the first look to the last bite. Highly professional staff, varied and appealing menu and the most wonderful wine bar I have experienced. Looking on the website I discovered numerous avenues to discover more of Cooper's Hawk. I especially like the private party menu choices, very appealing and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!enjoysfoodDined on 9/22/2014We went for my birthday. The wine was excellent and the food was very good. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- johncDined on 9/21/2014The appetizers were exceptional. Main courses were good too and the drinks were good but overpriceed.Special Features:
- Great food great serviceondarayDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I enjoyed a very nice 30th anniversary dinner at Cooper's Hawk. The food was excellent, the best I have had in a while. The waitress was very knowledgeable and service was very good, so was the wine. Because it was our 30th anniversary they gave us a complementary round of drinks and a nice small dessert. The only minor complaints were that the restaurant was more noisy then I would have liked. Also the staff gives you a sales pitch on joining their wine of the month club which feels a little awkward at the end of your dining.Special Features:
- Fun night!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Cooper's Hawk never disappoints. The wine tasting experience, coupled with the knowledgeable wait staff, is not to be missed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/18/2014pleasant dinner, good service, and the food was quite good.
- Bad Start, Great Ending!kt5405Dined on 9/16/2014I made reservations with a booth request. We walked past two booths to be seated at a table. I requested to move to one of several empty booths, no problem. Within a few minutes the same table & the booth next to ours were sat. Both were approached immediately, one had bread and wine before we were greeted. As a hostess went by, we told her we had not been waited on. The manager immediately came to our table, apologized and offered free appetizers and took our drink order. Our server was very competent, however, I would have appreciated at least " Oh I'm sorry you had to wait" or something in acknowledgement. We were celebrating two birthdays and she did kindly provide them complimentary desserts. Great food, no grudges, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and okaykydinerDined on 9/15/2014First time to Coopers' Hawk. We were told it was noisy and it was, even on a Monday night. Difficult even to hear across a booth. Good crowd for a Monday night, mix of ages. The service was good, server was knowledgeable and friendly. We ordered the cheese tray and two different entrees. Entrees came before we could finish the cheese tray. I would not order the main course before the appetizer appears as it is obvious they are trying to turn the tables over and the kitchen obviously doesn't coordinate with the server. Entrees were good but not great. I would say this is an okay restaurant close to the mall but nothing special.Special Features:
- BB1966Dined on 9/15/2014Excellent food';tasty, visually appealing and served promptly Service was friendly and attentive.. wine tasting are numerous with servers who know much about their product. Helpful,Interesting and informativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food & WineAnonymousDined on 9/14/2014The food was excellent - our party had the special, multiple fish, & pork dishes, and all were prepared perfectly (uncommon with fish at many restaurants.) They were out of a few things on Sunday evening - they said all food was prepared fresh so it was understandable for a main course, but not having enogh bread at 6PM on a Sunday seems ill prepared. Even with these little glitches, we had an excellent food experience, and our entire party left very happy with our dinner.Special Features:
- Sub par service for very good foodNYRrno1Dined on 9/13/20143rd time at CH and all 3 have had poor service. Not worth going back.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Disappointed in the wine. Too young. Did not like that this was our only choice of wine. A great bottle of wine is what makes the meal. Food was good but not "awesome". Have had better. Server seemed to have an attitude with us when we were sampling all the wines to find one bottle we were happy with. Did not see her much, seemed like she was avoiding our table. It was just "ok" but not worth going back.
- Good date night outWinoVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful wine tasting and wonderful date night/dinner.
- Good Celebratory DinnerHammerTimeDined on 9/12/2014We went to celebrate a one year countdown till our marriage. It was very good food. We ordered a flight of wine to share and two dinners.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceCSColeDined on 9/12/2014The wine list was great, the food was amazing and the service was top notch. Cooper's Hawk was recommended to me by a coworker so I decided to take my wife out on a much needed and overdue date night. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we joined the wine club (2 bottles) and we have already made plans to bring some of our other friends back with us. Thank you for a wonderful evening!! Carey ColeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grpatDined on 9/12/2014I had Parmesan Crusted Chicken and the chicken was very burnt on one side. I would of sent it back but it took us 70 minutes to get our food and we did not want to wait that long for me to get a new entree. We were in a party of four and the other 3 people got the special which was food in a bowl, no reason for it to be burnt. Coopers Hawk needs to be told again about their cooks serving food that was difficult to eat because of the burnt condition. The waitress we had was good but did noting but say she was sorry about the food. Right know would not go back there. Left a bad taste in our mouths!!!!Special Features: