Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
8080 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 5134881110x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
435 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (294)special occasion (230)good for groups (201)fit for foodies (188)neighborhood gem (125)great for lunch (117)romantic (115)hot spot (95)vibrant bar scene (78)great for outdoor dining (36)great for brunch (33)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/18/2014pleasant dinner, good service, and the food was quite good.
- Bad Start, Great Ending!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014I made reservations with a booth request. We walked past two booths to be seated at a table. I requested to move to one of several empty booths, no problem. Within a few minutes the same table & the booth next to ours were sat. Both were approached immediately, one had bread and wine before we were greeted. As a hostess went by, we told her we had not been waited on. The manager immediately came to our table, apologized and offered free appetizers and took our drink order. Our server was very competent, however, I would have appreciated at least " Oh I'm sorry you had to wait" or something in acknowledgement. We were celebrating two birthdays and she did kindly provide them complimentary desserts. Great food, no grudges, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and okayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014First time to Coopers' Hawk. We were told it was noisy and it was, even on a Monday night. Difficult even to hear across a booth. Good crowd for a Monday night, mix of ages. The service was good, server was knowledgeable and friendly. We ordered the cheese tray and two different entrees. Entrees came before we could finish the cheese tray. I would not order the main course before the appetizer appears as it is obvious they are trying to turn the tables over and the kitchen obviously doesn't coordinate with the server. Entrees were good but not great. I would say this is an okay restaurant close to the mall but nothing special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Excellent food';tasty, visually appealing and served promptly Service was friendly and attentive.. wine tasting are numerous with servers who know much about their product. Helpful,Interesting and informativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food & WineAnonymousDined on 9/14/2014The food was excellent - our party had the special, multiple fish, & pork dishes, and all were prepared perfectly (uncommon with fish at many restaurants.) They were out of a few things on Sunday evening - they said all food was prepared fresh so it was understandable for a main course, but not having enogh bread at 6PM on a Sunday seems ill prepared. Even with these little glitches, we had an excellent food experience, and our entire party left very happy with our dinner.Special Features:
- Sub par service for very good foodNYRrno1Dined on 9/13/20143rd time at CH and all 3 have had poor service. Not worth going back.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Disappointed in the wine. Too young. Did not like that this was our only choice of wine. A great bottle of wine is what makes the meal. Food was good but not "awesome". Have had better. Server seemed to have an attitude with us when we were sampling all the wines to find one bottle we were happy with. Did not see her much, seemed like she was avoiding our table. It was just "ok" but not worth going back.
- Good date night outWinoVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful wine tasting and wonderful date night/dinner.
- Outstanding ExperienceCSColeDined on 9/12/2014The wine list was great, the food was amazing and the service was top notch. Cooper's Hawk was recommended to me by a coworker so I decided to take my wife out on a much needed and overdue date night. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we joined the wine club (2 bottles) and we have already made plans to bring some of our other friends back with us. Thank you for a wonderful evening!! Carey ColeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grpatDined on 9/12/2014I had Parmesan Crusted Chicken and the chicken was very burnt on one side. I would of sent it back but it took us 70 minutes to get our food and we did not want to wait that long for me to get a new entree. We were in a party of four and the other 3 people got the special which was food in a bowl, no reason for it to be burnt. Coopers Hawk needs to be told again about their cooks serving food that was difficult to eat because of the burnt condition. The waitress we had was good but did noting but say she was sorry about the food. Right know would not go back there. Left a bad taste in our mouths!!!!Special Features:
- lounge areabarbaraDined on 9/12/2014very noisy, hard to have a conversation at table for 4. dishes and glassware dropped. should have eaten in dinning room or after 7 in the lounge. of course it was on a Friday night so was a happy hour atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, a little noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This is a very nice restaurant with many selections. They have a good wine list and let you have a sample before you order. I like to eat here for lunch or an early dinner, as the evening gets very noisy.Special Features:
- Love Cooper's HawkLindaDined on 9/11/2014Cooper's Hawk is a fun place to go to taste wine and eat. The food is exceptional. Sometimes the selected tasting wines are better than at other times, but all and all it's a great place to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014Noise level was unbelievable! Will only return in warm weather when we can est on the patio.Special Features:
- Good ExperiencedandjDined on 9/11/2014The food was good and I really liked that they had a recommended wine pairing with each dish. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- excellent every time!ncs1Dined on 9/10/2014I've dined at Cooper's Hawk a few times and every time has been outstanding! Great food and wine - highly recommend!Special Features:
- Steve and KarenWinersAndDinersDined on 9/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit. Lobster bisque was incredible- loaded with seafood! Best I've had since visiting the East Coast. Appreciated tasting wine at our table before buying a bottle. Everyone loved their meals- shrimp risotto, filet, salads. We will definitely dine here again soon.Special Features:
- LunchJanyDined on 9/9/2014Met a friend I hadn't seen for quite a while, and waitress was happy to let us chat the afternoon away and take all the time we wanted. Wine was wonderful, crab/lobster bisque was outstanding, cobb salad was great. Love the décor, love the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DollydancerDined on 9/8/2014The food and service was superb. Great wine list. The wine tasting area was very nice. The dining area is bright and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is good and we come back...JimLevVIPDined on 9/7/2014Continue to enjoy this place and come back... Food is good and service it good... Have not done the wine part in the front just do the restaurant..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014This is a casual restaurant with an upscale feel and nice ambiance. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. We had outstanding service -from the hostess to the waiter (Jamal) who was extremely personable and attentive and was extremely knowledgeable about the wine and food selections.Special Features:
- Great staff!FirstTimeCallerDined on 9/6/2014Chose Cooper's Hawk for anniversary dinner. Pleasantly surprised that noise level allowed easy conversation. Free valet parking a nice touch, though we did not use it. Best part was the extremely helpful and accommodating staff, very eager to help us find just the right Cooper's Hawk label wine & food choices, & to have a good experience. "Over the Border Eggrolls" were a tasty appetizer, in convenient bite sized portions to easily sample the assorted dipping sauces. Husband's crusted porkchop tasted good, but was slightly tough. My Chicken Madeira was sweet & tender, & the cheesy Betty's Potatoes were a treat. The leftover food & wine were nicely packaged and labeled for us. Eager to return & sample more of the menu & the winery vintages!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysElizabethVIPDined on 9/6/2014Once again, Cooper's Hawk didn't fail. The food is great and the atmosphere is good. A good neighborhood restraunt.Special Features:
- AmazingJujumariDined on 9/5/2014The bar was very crowded but we had a reservation and didn't wait long. The staff was great, the food even better. Great wine flights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is Always a Good TimewbcwinesnobDined on 9/4/2014I have eaten here several times, and it is always a good meal and a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlesantandyandchelleDined on 9/2/2014We came in for dinner around 7 and were seated right away. The staff was very pleasant and even fun. Our server, who's name I can't remember (younger guy, blonde hair parted down the middle), was fun and energetic, and helped guide us through the very large menu. He didn't rush us out even though we were there for a couple of hours. The food was good, nothing that screams oh my goodness I must have this again, but it was still good food. The wine was awesome. We really enjoy all of the options they have there. I wish they would have kept some of the bottled beer options they used to have so don't expect much in that department, but its understandable as they are primarily a wine place. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favsDLoveDined on 9/1/2014This is one of my favorite places to go. I also love the fact that I get great for at an afforable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seasonedDined on 9/1/2014Caroline provided excellent service, tables by win glasses are bad as this is a narrow space and lots of traffic, food and presentation were nice, wine flights were goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only good 80-90% of the timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014I have eaten here several times and talked to plenty others. For a restaurant of the quality/cost, they seem to screw up about 10-20% of people's dining experiences. NOT ACCEPTABLE. Our latest visit started we very slow service, then while eating the server at the table next to us dropped butter sauce that splattered on my shirt and head. It took a manager 15 minutes to apologize and only offered to pay my $2 dry cleaning bill. To make matters worse, he explained that they had slippery bowls and he was even splattered with blue cheese once...just seems like they have incompetent service professionals at all level. I won't willingly go there again with so many good other choices nearby.Special Features:
- Won't Be BackFrequentdinerDined on 8/31/2014I was very disappointed, particularly in the service. Something is definitely wrong when your wine is served midway through dinner in a Winery & Restaurant. Dirty appetizer dishes were left on our table when the salad was served. The food was mediocre at best. I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone, and I definitely will not be back. It is very noisy, not energetic.Special Features:
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014I made reservations on line throiugh Open Table and they could not bring them up?? But all worked ouit.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningCincyDinerDined on 8/31/2014Food was great (we got pasta dishes and the fish taco appetizer), the drinks were great (we did not get wine, we went with mixed drinks), and the service was great. A little loud, could use noise partitions in the dinning area, not a place for a quiet dinner, but my wife and I greatly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- AudsDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed the dinner and like the fact that we could talk without a lot of loud music playing. We go to dinner with friends so we can enjoy each others company and not have to yell to be heard. Would have liked to have been able to buy the wine to take home that was in the barrel that evening.Special Features:
- What could of beencasualDined on 8/30/2014We had reservations for 8:15. We checked in and said it would be a few minutes , so we went to the bar. No problem. It was 8:40 before we knew it and as we walked up to check on a table they texted us. We told them that we had to go to the restroom and came back. They gave our table away and they seated 2 more party's right in front of us without saying anything to us. We told ourselves if they seat one more in front of us....we're out. We left. The next day a manager called and apologized and said he would send us a gift card. Haven't seen yet.Special Features:
- Great combackWildeatsDined on 8/30/2014First visit was wonderful. Second visit a disaster. Third visit was wonderful. Many thanks to Cooper's Hawk customer service for hearing our complaints after our second visit. We had a wonderful meal, exceptional service and couldn't ask for more. Great comeback.Special Features:
- LoulouDined on 8/30/2014Food was excellent. Service was wonderful (Vinson). Atmosphere was beautiful. Will definitely be coming back!!!! Loved getting my seating ahead on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious every timeDevourliciousDined on 8/30/2014I've dined here 3 times for dinner and the food is phenomenal every time. My only small complaint was that my chocolate bread pudding was cold last visit, and this dessert has to be warm to taste amazing. The service was above par- my friend asked if she could change her dessert bc she tasted alcohol in it (pretty sure it stated it was cooked with run on the menu) but the server and management were still completely apologetic, brought her a different dessert of her choosing and comped it. This place has become my official special occasion and "just 'cause" favorite restaurant in Cincinnati.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseJudyDined on 8/30/2014Great gourmet American food! Wonderful service. Pairing entrées with wine. Nice contemporary dining room. They also have a wine tasting room. They sell their wine along with wine paraphernalia and gourmet snack food that goes well with wine. They have wine tastings. An overall delightful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jim crow... but good foodhonestlyDined on 8/29/2014Visited this spot on 8/29/14... celebrating my loves bday thought we would get some wine tasting in before our 8:30 reservation, we stood at the wine counter for nearly 15 min. Before ANYONE acknowledged us, then finally a server asked if I need any help "ya think?" then he asked how we were doing. I said "well", though we are the only black couple in the room, sticking out like a sore thumb, I'm wondering why you served two non black couples ahead ahead us who showed well after us before finally even acknowledging us. (That was the second issue) we finally got wine, tho. Our sever st our table... sheesh never really saw Jason S not worth the $90 see John p review on yelpSpecial Features:
- Great date-night spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great wine, food and helpful wait staff. Ask for recommendations, and get a flight, With so many wine options you need to try a few!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.