Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
8080 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: (513) 488-1110
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
389 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (262)special occasion (192)good for groups (191)fit for foodies (171)neighborhood gem (109)romantic (107)hot spot (105)great for lunch (101)vibrant bar scene (74)late-night find (44)great for outdoor dining (21)great for brunch (21)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great food and atmosphere!JohnDined on 11/23/2014Everything was excellent from the flat bread appetizer, wine and entrees. Our server Nicole guided us through the menu as this was our 1st visit. She was very attentive the entire time we were there. Our entrees were served before getting our salads and soups which was disappointing. Nicole did pack up the salad and soup for us to take home. The soup did not re-heat well the next day and the salad was wilted. I think I would of much rathered the soup and salad taken off the bill. We are looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrifDined on 11/22/2014This was our second visit and I was a little disappointed. Service was ok. I ordered my favorite dish Dana 's chicken with Betty potatoes. It came out warm not hot. I couldn't find our server to send it back. My chicken was was not as tender as my first visit. Potatoes not hot at all. She came to our table long after it was served to ask how everything tasted. Wine was good. No complaints there. Probably will go back and try another dish but not so fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!TmoneyDined on 11/22/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. Everything was awesome! We loved the chicken and pasta dishes. The Reese cookie dessert was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureBB1966Dined on 11/22/2014Love Coopers Hawk. Always fun, Always delicious. All the time. Every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable, fun, friendly hospitable evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Right from the welcome it's a pleasure to see the staff work and support one another as a team with emphasis on the customer's needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseDined on 11/21/2014Loved the atmosphere, impressed with the wine list and everyone at our table enjoyed the food. The waitress was pleasant and appropriately attentive except she took silverware with a couple of our party's appetizer plates and never checked to see if they needed new silverware. Also never came back to fill water glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Go There AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014Location is good. Building is lovely. Service was good. But the high noise level hampered conversation and the lighting was so low we could not read the menu. The crust on the beef medalions and the grouper was too thick and masked the taste of the beef and fish. Way too rich. The roasted vegetables were not good. Won't go there again.
- GoodstuffDined on 11/20/2014I have a new favorite restaurant--lots of menu variety, great desserts, good wine list, great service, some good meeting space, just a little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Best wait staff.ArlineDined on 11/19/2014This truly was a wonderful experience. I have absolutely no comaints. The food was amazing. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. And the price was not over the top. I think this has become my new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningPBCoordinatorDined on 11/19/2014Met with girlfriends for a night out. Great happy hour appetizers and dinner. Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value and FriendlyHungaryDined on 11/18/2014The food and overall ambience are a good value for this neighborhood restaurant. Staff is very friendly and helpful, and the wine list is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014But noisy and sometimes difficult to hear across the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CASFDined on 11/15/2014There were 6 of us, it was hard to hear but the food and wone was awesme. Flat bread apetizer was decadent-- Salmon perfectSpecial Features:
- davcCDined on 11/15/2014Good food, very good service, the only knock would be the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine, great gluten free menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014The food is fantastic and the wine pairings are well balanced. My wife and I love the gluten free menu. Gluten free menus are hard to find in Cincinnati and Cooper's Hawk provides the very best! The staff is always friendly and helpful. Cooper's Hawk sets the standard for gluten free options and excellent culinary creations. Be sure to try the Short Rib Risotto! Simply amazing!Special Features:
- wowBASSOVIPDined on 11/12/2014Took a friend who had never been there and now you will have a new customer. Sampled some new wines and then ordered our old favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again it is a good place for lunchJimLevVIPDined on 11/12/2014Went again with my mother and a small group and had a nice lunch in a great location, food was good and service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Love2wineDined on 11/8/2014From the moment we walked in to the tasting room, we were hooked! Beautiful place, great wines and food, very friendly staff- will return with our familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbyBDined on 11/8/2014This is not our first time visiting this restaurant. The food and service are excellent. What really sets this restaurant apart is the wine list and the wine tasting that you can enjoy even before your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine and serviceHarryODined on 11/8/2014Great food and wine selection. Pretzel bread is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationsEnjoyDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed a late lunch celebrating a friend's birthday. Food was great though one appetizer arrived after our entrées. We weren't charged for it...wine was delicious and so was the food!Special Features:
- SingVIPDined on 11/8/2014Very pricey. My lunch was fair. Had to send the shrimp back as they were not cooked properly. They are trying, but still rough around the edges. Our waiter was very strange. He was helpful, but with an attitude. Been there many times, but was abit disappointed this time. Sorry.Special Features:
- great placegirlsdayoutDined on 11/7/2014Even though I do not drink I love this place. My friends love their wine so perfect place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineSudieDined on 11/6/2014The food was good, the wine was fine, the service was OK, a little hovering. It was SO dark. I have amazingly good sight, but the light over our table was burnt out and apparently unable to be fixed. My friends got out their iPhone flashlights, but I was able to squint and see well enough to (barely) read the menu. C'mon, people, move us to another table (there were plenty) and fix the light.Special Features:
- BUNKYDined on 11/2/2014MY WIFE CHOSE THIS RESTAUARANT FOR HER BIRTHDAY. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME WE HAVE DINED THERESpecial Features:
- Nice but needs a little workVontrece36Dined on 11/1/2014The restaurant has a nice ambiance. It's a good place to go for date night, however, the booth that we sat at in the main dining room (I'm assume) was really dark and we had to use the light from our cell phones to see the menu. As I look to see why it was so dark, I notice that the light fixture was missing from the booth. This booth is last booth on the right side before walking through the doors to the other dinning area. I would recommend that CH to fix the lighting issue before placing people their. We waited 45 minutes for a dark table. But the overall the food was good, its a nice dining for date night and we had good service. I would come back but not to that same booth.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceWJL1Dined on 11/1/2014Cooper's Hawk has a great variety of meal options and price ranges to fit all tastes and budgets. The ambiance of the restaurant is exceptional and the staff is very courteous and attentive. The food is absolutely amazing and it is worth the return visit. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service is amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Cooper's Hawk is a great place for a nice romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls nightdateniteDined on 11/1/2014Great place to go with friends. Good food good wine good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceDeliciousVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food was absolutely delicious but the service was a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- silverbuckeye68silverbuckeyeDined on 10/29/2014Excellent food, service, wine and beautiful interior. Loved it. Celebrated my birthday and it made my day special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winery FunSearayDined on 10/27/2014I met with two friends for dinner and was surprised at the great wine shop with gifts in the front of the restaurant. Our service was very good and the food was wonderful. The slaw that came with the salmon was some of the best I have ever eaten. The menu has a wide range that matches wines to the foods- that was rather interesting. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Extremely LOUD. Looking for romantic evening, didn't get it.Special Features:
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Our first time dining at Coopers Hawk and it was excellant! Will recommend to everyone! Great for a date night but also great for a group of friends or family wanting to enjoy a night together! Service was fantastic, food was beyond delicious!Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, good foodelle4Dined on 10/25/2014Really nice atmosphere, but they could really use some acoustic tiles on the ceiling or something. It's so loud, it's hard to carry on a conversation. Food is good, gluten free menu has lots of variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We asked to sit in the bar areaabloomerVIPDined on 10/24/2014which was our mistake. Service was pretty bad. But, food was good. We are wine club members so we'll be back. We just won't sit in the bar anymore.Special Features:
- Perhaps an off night?SuzanneVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have been to Cooper's Hawk on a couple of other occasions and always had good food and good service. This particular Friday night was a less than optimal experience. The restaurant was very busy, which is to be expected on a Friday night. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Our server, however, took an extraordinarily long time initially coming to the table. My husband had the pork chop special and said that it was delicious. I had the BBQ chicken chopped salad and it was not very good. The chicken was cold and bland; there was very little dressing of any kind on the salad.Special Features:
- Food is Excellent!MandyDined on 10/24/2014We started going here because of the wine selection. But the food is excellent. It is a win win.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSunshineVIPDined on 10/24/2014This is my third time and going again next week. Food, service and ambience is wonderful.Special Features:
- Good as usualSusanDined on 10/24/2014I can always count on a great meal and glass of wine in a great location!Special Features: