Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
8080 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 5134881110x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
426 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (286)special occasion (232)good for groups (204)fit for foodies (174)neighborhood gem (136)great for lunch (117)romantic (112)hot spot (94)vibrant bar scene (79)great for brunch (37)great for outdoor dining (36)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (25)scenic view (4)Show More
- Won't Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014I was very disappointed, particularly in the service. Something is definitely wrong when your wine is served midway through dinner in a Winery & Restaurant. Dirty appetizer dishes were left on our table when the salad was served. The food was mediocre at best. I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone, and I definitely will not be back. It is very noisy, not energetic.Special Features:
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014I made reservations on line throiugh Open Table and they could not bring them up?? But all worked ouit.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Food was great (we got pasta dishes and the fish taco appetizer), the drinks were great (we did not get wine, we went with mixed drinks), and the service was great. A little loud, could use noise partitions in the dinning area, not a place for a quiet dinner, but my wife and I greatly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- AudsDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed the dinner and like the fact that we could talk without a lot of loud music playing. We go to dinner with friends so we can enjoy each others company and not have to yell to be heard. Would have liked to have been able to buy the wine to take home that was in the barrel that evening.Special Features:
- Great combackWildeatsDined on 8/30/2014First visit was wonderful. Second visit a disaster. Third visit was wonderful. Many thanks to Cooper's Hawk customer service for hearing our complaints after our second visit. We had a wonderful meal, exceptional service and couldn't ask for more. Great comeback.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was excellent. Service was wonderful (Vinson). Atmosphere was beautiful. Will definitely be coming back!!!! Loved getting my seating ahead on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I've dined here 3 times for dinner and the food is phenomenal every time. My only small complaint was that my chocolate bread pudding was cold last visit, and this dessert has to be warm to taste amazing. The service was above par- my friend asked if she could change her dessert bc she tasted alcohol in it (pretty sure it stated it was cooked with run on the menu) but the server and management were still completely apologetic, brought her a different dessert of her choosing and comped it. This place has become my official special occasion and "just 'cause" favorite restaurant in Cincinnati.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseJudyDined on 8/30/2014Great gourmet American food! Wonderful service. Pairing entrées with wine. Nice contemporary dining room. They also have a wine tasting room. They sell their wine along with wine paraphernalia and gourmet snack food that goes well with wine. They have wine tastings. An overall delightful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date-night spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great wine, food and helpful wait staff. Ask for recommendations, and get a flight, With so many wine options you need to try a few!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious, particularly the corn chowder. Really good service and the atmosphere was pleasant (as long as you get a booth).Special Features:
- what happenedtommyj11Dined on 8/29/2014We loved Coopers Hawk, but this last visit has us shaking our heads. Poor service, questioned our $20.00 wine club reward, we probably won't be back,except for the fantastic wine. Note, wine glasses should not be cleaned with bleach.Special Features:
- WonderfulLivetoeatDined on 8/28/2014Wonderful place for a school moms night out, particularly enjoyed the complimentary wine tastings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Our server John was absolutely fabulous. Took time to explain everything, since it was our first time. Wine and appetizer was great. I made the wrong choice of the Cesar Salad. The pesto dressing was way too strong, and not at all what I was expecting. LOVE basil, but not on cesar salad. John offered to bring something else, but I declined, and left the entire salad. The pretzel bread was great.Special Features:
- great food and wineylisahVIPDined on 8/28/2014we always enjoy our dinners at coopers hawk!!! bar scene is a little loud but fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's HawkChickylickyDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant fulfills a great need for a fine dining establishment in the Kenwood area. We have dined there many times and consider it our top choice. This past occasion Was the celebration of our 55th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLindaDined on 8/27/2014My friend and I had a great experience at Cooper's Hawk. Great tasting, great dinner, wonderful service.Special Features:
- ShariDined on 8/25/2014LOVE Coopershawk!! One of my new favorite restaurants in Cincinnati!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check your food.StevieDined on 8/23/2014We had a HORRIBLE experience our first time going there back in January so we thought it's been almost 9 months so we'll give it another chance. Our reservation on Friday 8/23 was at 8:15 ...we were sat around 8:45. It took a bit to actually get our server. He brings out the bread and butter and there's a giant, dark black hair sticking straight out of the butter. The waiter dropped it off and left so we had to wait another 5+ minutes for him to come back in eye view to wave him down to replace it. The dinner was good but after finding a hair in your food, it kind of ruins your appetite. I'm not sure if we'll be back...Special Features:
- Terrible service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We were seated at least 10 minutes before a waitress (not ours) came to our table. Our waitress eventually showed up. We were celebrating a birthday so we all (table of 5) ordered drinks, appetizers, dinner and dessert. Our meal ended up taking over 2 hours which was way too long. Our waitress rarely stopped by the table to check on us. When asked for a water refill (after flagging her down), she rolled her eyes and eventually came back with a pitcher. When desserts arrived, one order was incorrect. She stomped off and brought the correct dessert about 10 minutes later. By this time, we could not wait to leave. It certainly was not a pleasant dining experience. No manager came thru to speak with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Went for a birthday lunch and had a great time the food and wine were outstanding I would def go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceniteoutDined on 8/22/2014The food was amazing! The filet medallions were delicious and our waiter, John was great. The wine list is extensive and don't get me started on the cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine SelectionGoUCDined on 8/22/2014Great wine selection, food was very good and service was excellent. Noise was on the loud side but great friends help you over come the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!RedWineGirlDined on 8/22/2014This was my third time visiting Cooper's Hawk (I joined their wine program the very first visit!), the first two times were for lunch and this times was a weekend night dinner to celebrate our anniversary - it did not disappoint. Food was fabulous, service was great and the wine, as always was perfect. Stopped on the way out for an additional wine tasting and to pick up our wine. They exchanged a couple of our wine club choices and we were on our way. Wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeHeatherDined on 8/22/2014Tried Cooper's Hawk for the first time, excellent food and great wine! The tasting room is very pretty, however, we were sat in a drab room (sunroom-ish) for dinner. We felt unnaturally secluded from the rest of the restaurant and the overall vibe of the building. Other than that our waiter and wine attendant were very helpful. Went home with four bottles of wine!Special Features:
- For a nice Friday night for dinner.anniversaryDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good and the desserts were excellent. Desserts are large enough to split with another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh What A Night!LisaDined on 8/22/2014So pleased that we were not rushed...we were actually there for 4 hours...our choice! Appetizers and drinks as we waited for 2 of our party members...Then dinner and dessert! 8 of us at a round table was perfect! Our server, Stacy, absolutely the best server I have ever had! She did not write down ONE thing and remembered every item, without fail, even with a few special requests! Very attentive but not annoying!! No one had an empty glass and she did not spend a long time trying to up sell or over sell us on anything!Special Features:
- BACK AGAINBASSOVIPDined on 8/21/2014Chosen for my birthday aand it was a good choice aas we always like it there.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningNJcousinsDined on 8/21/2014My out-of-state cousins and I were pleasantly surprised at the lively atmosphere on a Thursday evening. We enjoyed a delicious dinner, tried a new wine and had fun in the gift shop on the way out. Service was fast and staff was fun and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Wine TastingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Awesome selection & really knowledgable servers. Really recommend the Chardonnay Unoaked.Special Features:
- Great food but noisygirlsnightoutDined on 8/19/2014The menu - both wine & food - was great, service was attentive and the décor was up to darte. but I was there with 5 other friends and we couldn't hear from one end of the table to the other. That was very disappointing. It may be better for a couple or small group but if you value conversation at dinner it's a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional!ShebaKiraDined on 8/17/2014The food is amazing and even more so is the fact that we have loved every bottle of wine! Joining the wine club was a plus and with the extra certificates we are accumulating, the price for a dinner for 4 is above and beyond what you would get anywhere else where you would pay a much higher price. We are extremely pleased that Cooper's Hawk has come to Cincinnati!Special Features:
- Great experienceLovetoeatVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is the best new restaurant to the Kenwood area by far. From start to finish the food is always great, service is superb and the wine selection and club are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceWinoVIPDined on 8/16/2014We are trying some different dinner options and everything has been great. The new Barbera - Merlot was a good addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service Fine - Noise DeaffensDiningOutDined on 8/15/2014Noise level is -- very loud. The "energetic" description above does not begin to describe the high decibel level in this very stylish place.Special Features:
- Bad service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/14/2014Love this restaurant but had horrific service! Rude waitress who was not only unfriendly but also acted put out by her customers.Special Features:
- Good place for dinnerdinnerpal44Dined on 8/13/2014I think the restaurant is great for groups. Tables were far enough apart that you didn't feel crowded. Was a little noisy, so couldn't always hear what others were saying on the other side of the table. But it was still a good experience. Food and drinks were very good. Service was excellent! Got seated quickly with a reservation. Cost of dinner was reasonable for what you got. Portions were a good size, but not too much. Lots of choices. Appreciated the specific tipping listed on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/12/2014I've been going to CH at least twice a month for dinner since they opened and immediately became a wine club member. This is the first visit we have had that every person there be rude. The blonde older woman at the tasting bar was VERY rude when we went to get our monthly wine club wines. The hostess was rude as well when we asked her about what event was taking place in the back room. I hope this was a fluke otherwise I won't be going there very much longer....
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014We had a nice dinner. My wife enjoyed the wine. The service was good and the bread was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service not so muchNonamegivenVIPDined on 8/10/2014Overall good, with service being the downfall. Server was slow and inattentive. We had to wait a long time for food. Dessert took over 20 minutes after ordering, which is ridiculous. I asked for a change to my main course and my request was ignored, even though the server said it was no problem when I ordered. Private room had a photographer taking photos the entire time we were there and the flash got very irritating after awhile. However, our food was good, and that will likely bring us back to try them again.
- A wonderful birthday celebration!Bonaki70Dined on 8/10/2014Recently I took my husband to Cooper's Hawk for his birthday to celebrate with his son and grandson. I had made reservations through Open table, which is super, and i was even able to request that a chilled bottle of his favorite wine be waiting for him at the table. He was so surprised! Our grandson is 9 and said he wanted to order steak rather than order from a "Kids' menu". To his surprise, there were steak medallions on the kids' menu and he was so pleased with his meal! He actually got more steak than we recently received at a national restaurant chain's "steak special"! The birthday treat was greatly appreciated by my husband and he said it was a great way to celebrate his birthday! Thanks for making it a special dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.