Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
8080 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 5134881110x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
430 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (292)special occasion (230)good for groups (202)fit for foodies (188)neighborhood gem (123)great for lunch (119)romantic (113)hot spot (99)vibrant bar scene (81)great for outdoor dining (36)great for brunch (33)late-night find (32)kid-friendly (21)scenic view (3)Show More
- Very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Atmosphere was very nice and the service was incredible. Truly enjoyed the option to taste wines before making a decision and the server was very knowledgeable about each wine. Will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Everything was great! Our server was very informative and helpful, the food was delicious, and the wine list was extensive and very good! Not to mention complimentary tastings! Was fun for a night out with girlfriends - but could also be a nice date spot. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantXjelxDined on 9/28/2014They have thought of everything with this restaurant. Wine bar is amazing as was the service at the wine bar food is fantastic, as is the atmosphere. We went twice in two weeks after our first visit. Wine is good but not exceptional. Best of all was the service on our 2nd visit. 1st visit service was less than perfect but the second visit with Jamal made the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food on first visitAOEsqDined on 9/28/2014This was our first time and we will return. The menu was large and the wine selection was superb. Our waitress was charming albeit new. She did a great job of making us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeFirstTimerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Flights of wine would significantly larger than expected. Flatbread was amazing. Had the Salmon which was moist and correctly prepared. Wife had the Ahi Tuna. Both very good. We'll definitely return.
- Outstanding MenuMattDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I went here prior to attending Broadway in Cincinnati. I had the steak medallions and she had Dana's chicken - both were absolutely outstanding and prepared to order. Our waitress was very attentive, but not overbearing and extremely knowledgeable about the menu and wine list.Special Features:
- Really great place for wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014This place is perfect for a parents night out. Food is good. Wine selection is great. Perfect Date night place or even a night out with friends. Parking much easier than BanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Anniversary DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Sat outside. Noise from street paving was unbearable and still going on at 7:30 PM on a Friday night. Initially, skirt steak came out raw. Staff was responsive and got my steak cooked right, but I to eat when everyone was finished. The more expensive wines were very good. The less expensive wines tasted a bit young. Food was good. Finally, we had to go inside to avoid paving noise, but there was no place to sit and it was extremely noisy....so we just left and went to another bar. Recommend this restaurant to people who light lively and noisy bars and restaurant scenes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Very nice dining experience for birthday dinner. Waiter was very good, food and wine were delicious, table still felt intimate next to large party, will definitely return again to neighborhood location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointing .OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014I thought the service was poor. Didn't check to see if we needed our water glasses filled. She also free got to bring a cocktail when we ordered a second round. We had four in our group and we had to send three of the meals back. One was over cooked! Fish, food was cold. and one ordered shrimp and got chicken. Will be looking for new place to Dine.
- Wonderful!kp08Dined on 9/25/2014This is a great lunch or dinner spot! Wine is excellent! A little loud, but it was a large party of ladies celebrating a birthday so it wasn't like a screaming kid!! Love Patty in the wine tasting area :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Find!Sandra517Dined on 9/23/2014Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant is engaging from the first look to the last bite. Highly professional staff, varied and appealing menu and the most wonderful wine bar I have experienced. Looking on the website I discovered numerous avenues to discover more of Cooper's Hawk. I especially like the private party menu choices, very appealing and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!enjoysfoodDined on 9/22/2014We went for my birthday. The wine was excellent and the food was very good. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- johncDined on 9/21/2014The appetizers were exceptional. Main courses were good too and the drinks were good but overpriceed.Special Features:
- Great food great serviceondarayDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I enjoyed a very nice 30th anniversary dinner at Cooper's Hawk. The food was excellent, the best I have had in a while. The waitress was very knowledgeable and service was very good, so was the wine. Because it was our 30th anniversary they gave us a complementary round of drinks and a nice small dessert. The only minor complaints were that the restaurant was more noisy then I would have liked. Also the staff gives you a sales pitch on joining their wine of the month club which feels a little awkward at the end of your dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/18/2014pleasant dinner, good service, and the food was quite good.
- Bad Start, Great Ending!kt5405Dined on 9/16/2014I made reservations with a booth request. We walked past two booths to be seated at a table. I requested to move to one of several empty booths, no problem. Within a few minutes the same table & the booth next to ours were sat. Both were approached immediately, one had bread and wine before we were greeted. As a hostess went by, we told her we had not been waited on. The manager immediately came to our table, apologized and offered free appetizers and took our drink order. Our server was very competent, however, I would have appreciated at least " Oh I'm sorry you had to wait" or something in acknowledgement. We were celebrating two birthdays and she did kindly provide them complimentary desserts. Great food, no grudges, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and okaykydinerDined on 9/15/2014First time to Coopers' Hawk. We were told it was noisy and it was, even on a Monday night. Difficult even to hear across a booth. Good crowd for a Monday night, mix of ages. The service was good, server was knowledgeable and friendly. We ordered the cheese tray and two different entrees. Entrees came before we could finish the cheese tray. I would not order the main course before the appetizer appears as it is obvious they are trying to turn the tables over and the kitchen obviously doesn't coordinate with the server. Entrees were good but not great. I would say this is an okay restaurant close to the mall but nothing special.Special Features:
- BB1966Dined on 9/15/2014Excellent food';tasty, visually appealing and served promptly Service was friendly and attentive.. wine tasting are numerous with servers who know much about their product. Helpful,Interesting and informativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food & WineAnonymousDined on 9/14/2014The food was excellent - our party had the special, multiple fish, & pork dishes, and all were prepared perfectly (uncommon with fish at many restaurants.) They were out of a few things on Sunday evening - they said all food was prepared fresh so it was understandable for a main course, but not having enogh bread at 6PM on a Sunday seems ill prepared. Even with these little glitches, we had an excellent food experience, and our entire party left very happy with our dinner.Special Features:
- Sub par service for very good foodNYRrno1Dined on 9/13/20143rd time at CH and all 3 have had poor service. Not worth going back.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Disappointed in the wine. Too young. Did not like that this was our only choice of wine. A great bottle of wine is what makes the meal. Food was good but not "awesome". Have had better. Server seemed to have an attitude with us when we were sampling all the wines to find one bottle we were happy with. Did not see her much, seemed like she was avoiding our table. It was just "ok" but not worth going back.
- Good date night outWinoVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful wine tasting and wonderful date night/dinner.
- Good Celebratory DinnerHammerTimeDined on 9/12/2014We went to celebrate a one year countdown till our marriage. It was very good food. We ordered a flight of wine to share and two dinners.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceCSColeDined on 9/12/2014The wine list was great, the food was amazing and the service was top notch. Cooper's Hawk was recommended to me by a coworker so I decided to take my wife out on a much needed and overdue date night. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we joined the wine club (2 bottles) and we have already made plans to bring some of our other friends back with us. Thank you for a wonderful evening!! Carey ColeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grpatDined on 9/12/2014I had Parmesan Crusted Chicken and the chicken was very burnt on one side. I would of sent it back but it took us 70 minutes to get our food and we did not want to wait that long for me to get a new entree. We were in a party of four and the other 3 people got the special which was food in a bowl, no reason for it to be burnt. Coopers Hawk needs to be told again about their cooks serving food that was difficult to eat because of the burnt condition. The waitress we had was good but did noting but say she was sorry about the food. Right know would not go back there. Left a bad taste in our mouths!!!!Special Features:
- lounge areabarbaraDined on 9/12/2014very noisy, hard to have a conversation at table for 4. dishes and glassware dropped. should have eaten in dinning room or after 7 in the lounge. of course it was on a Friday night so was a happy hour atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, a little noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This is a very nice restaurant with many selections. They have a good wine list and let you have a sample before you order. I like to eat here for lunch or an early dinner, as the evening gets very noisy.Special Features:
- Love Cooper's HawkLindaDined on 9/11/2014Cooper's Hawk is a fun place to go to taste wine and eat. The food is exceptional. Sometimes the selected tasting wines are better than at other times, but all and all it's a great place to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014Noise level was unbelievable! Will only return in warm weather when we can est on the patio.Special Features:
- Good ExperiencedandjDined on 9/11/2014The food was good and I really liked that they had a recommended wine pairing with each dish. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- excellent every time!ncs1Dined on 9/10/2014I've dined at Cooper's Hawk a few times and every time has been outstanding! Great food and wine - highly recommend!Special Features:
- Steve and KarenWinersAndDinersDined on 9/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit. Lobster bisque was incredible- loaded with seafood! Best I've had since visiting the East Coast. Appreciated tasting wine at our table before buying a bottle. Everyone loved their meals- shrimp risotto, filet, salads. We will definitely dine here again soon.Special Features:
- LunchJanyDined on 9/9/2014Met a friend I hadn't seen for quite a while, and waitress was happy to let us chat the afternoon away and take all the time we wanted. Wine was wonderful, crab/lobster bisque was outstanding, cobb salad was great. Love the décor, love the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DollydancerDined on 9/8/2014The food and service was superb. Great wine list. The wine tasting area was very nice. The dining area is bright and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is good and we come back...JimLevVIPDined on 9/7/2014Continue to enjoy this place and come back... Food is good and service it good... Have not done the wine part in the front just do the restaurant..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014This is a casual restaurant with an upscale feel and nice ambiance. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. We had outstanding service -from the hostess to the waiter (Jamal) who was extremely personable and attentive and was extremely knowledgeable about the wine and food selections.Special Features:
- Great staff!FirstTimeCallerDined on 9/6/2014Chose Cooper's Hawk for anniversary dinner. Pleasantly surprised that noise level allowed easy conversation. Free valet parking a nice touch, though we did not use it. Best part was the extremely helpful and accommodating staff, very eager to help us find just the right Cooper's Hawk label wine & food choices, & to have a good experience. "Over the Border Eggrolls" were a tasty appetizer, in convenient bite sized portions to easily sample the assorted dipping sauces. Husband's crusted porkchop tasted good, but was slightly tough. My Chicken Madeira was sweet & tender, & the cheesy Betty's Potatoes were a treat. The leftover food & wine were nicely packaged and labeled for us. Eager to return & sample more of the menu & the winery vintages!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysElizabethVIPDined on 9/6/2014Once again, Cooper's Hawk didn't fail. The food is great and the atmosphere is good. A good neighborhood restraunt.Special Features:
- AmazingJujumariDined on 9/5/2014The bar was very crowded but we had a reservation and didn't wait long. The staff was great, the food even better. Great wine flights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.