Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Burr Ridge
510 Village Center Dr
Burr Ridge, IL 60527Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Burr Ridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 6308870123x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 6308870123x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Burr Ridge
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Burr Ridge - Best Restaurants in Burr Ridge ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Burr Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
378 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (259)special occasion (200)good for groups (178)great for lunch (134)fit for foodies (134)neighborhood gem (128)romantic (119)great for outdoor dining (93)vibrant bar scene (75)hot spot (74)great for brunch (42)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (33)scenic view (14)Show More
- Not OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Really enjoyed Sweetest Day; beyond my expectations. Previous customers says overrated and the food is not that good. Great place and I enjoyed the food. We even joined the club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitorgullodemexicoDined on 10/18/2014All around great food, wine and service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweetest Daysassy1VIPDined on 10/18/2014We had dinner at Coopers Hawk in Burr Ridge on Sat. Night wasn't overly crowded which was very nice. Had reservations, sat down right away. Delicious food. Could have asked for a better evening, other than not having to pay for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stan & Michel'eOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014It's always a delight to eat here. The food is so fresh and I have never experienced a let down. The customer service is superb!!! this was a first for Stan and he enjoyed every bit of it. I often come here in group settings for ladies night out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!susanDined on 10/16/2014Wonderful staff and delicious food, and of course they have the best wine too :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014As usuall, everything was excellent, from the service to the food and wine.Special Features:
- Good time for a gathering, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Just a little bummed. Asked the lady at the front desk to inform our waitress that I had 2 birthdays at the table and would like to make a small deal out of it. She said she would let her know, but that never happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolielDined on 10/12/2014I have dined at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant on several occasions and have not been disappointed. All meals have excellent flavor, whether one chooses beef, chicken, fish, pasta or vegetables. Appetizers can stand alone or are great to share. The Churrasco Grilled Steak has wonderful flavor and delicious vegetables. The wait staff is professional, friendly, and knowledgeable -- you never feel rushed. Cooper's Hawk offers a full bar in addition to its winery. Weekends are busy; therefore, plan to make a reservation unless you don't mind waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love CoopershawkPJMom32Dined on 10/12/2014Always a lovely time when we go. Especially love the southwest egg rolls. And I always request the roasted cauliflower in lieu of potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceSueAnnDined on 10/12/2014Everything was great. It was really really loud in the restaurant though.Special Features:
- Wine good - Food disappointingAdizylizDined on 10/11/2014This was my 3rd visit to Cooper's Hawk and with each visit I've been more disappointed in the food. The wine is always good, although overpriced, and the servers are always excellent. Appetizers and salads are generally tasty and fresh. However, when it gets to the main course, they all seem to be swimming in so much butter that I cannot taste any real food or flavor other than oil and butter. I've tried 2 chicken dishes and neither were in the least bit tender or juicy...under all of the butter sauce. The pasta was like soup in the excessive sauce. The grouper my husband had was like biting into a stick of butter dipped in bread crumbs. Quality meats should not require anything covering them so my assumption is that quality is low.Special Features:
- WonderfulMrTsVIPDined on 10/11/2014Cooper's Hawk is a great place to go for a special occasion or just any time. I have not had a bad meal yet. Good selection of delicious entries to great sandwich's. Also many choices of lighter fair food.Special Features:
- RonpatVIPDined on 10/11/2014Excellent restaurant--really enjoyed it. Good food and wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodWinnieDined on 10/10/2014Fabulous Ahi Tuna! The plate presentation was artful and the service was very good. I experienced an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten Free MenuDogMomTravelVIPDined on 10/9/2014Unfortunately the wait staff (or the waiter we had) wasn't too familiar/knowledgable which made my dining experience a bit uncomfortable. It's so nice to find a restaurant with a wide selection of GF options . . .I was so excited, but my overall experience left me cautious. Will give it another trySpecial Features:
- Excellent food and wine!loveCoopersDined on 10/8/2014We have been to Coopers Hawk in Burr Ridge many times. It is by far one of our favorite restaurants - Great food and wonderful wine. We were celebrating our anniversary and the evening was perfect!Special Features:
- We'll be back!!BluemanDined on 10/6/2014Our first time but certainly not our last. Great food & wine and outstanding serviceSpecial Features:
- Mediocre food at bestSandiDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant itself was very nice and clean. However, I ordered the grouper and did not like it at all. The food in general was mediocre and not worth the price. Also, we felt awkward that the server kept trying to get us to join the wine club. We didn't want to.Special Features:
- Fantastic wine and dinner menuTherounder23Dined on 10/4/2014My filet migon was cooked perfectly. The resturaunt has the setting for highly expensive meal but very budget-able for a nice night out. The service was great; especially appreciated the free valet service in busy shopping area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choices57TBirdLvrDined on 10/2/2014This is great go to restaurant for casual dining. The wines are extensive and nice to try a different one each time you go. We go to CH at least once a month. The menu has everything from steak, fish, and a great burger to a nice salad. This place has never disappointed. The service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to goGjohnstone98VIPDined on 10/1/2014Great food, atmosphere, wine, all at reasonable price. I go there often with clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, too much noisesewoldDined on 10/1/2014Went to this restaurant on a friend's recommendation. There were four of us. We usually order a bottle of wine when we go out together. It was great that each person in the party could have 2 tastings. It helped us narrow down our choice. The food and wine were excellent. Our only complaint was that it was extremely noisy. We were seated at a booth in the bar area. Not sure if it is less noisy in the main dining room. We all felt we had to shout to be heard. Really my only complaint. If I go again, I would ask to sit in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CMMGADined on 10/1/2014The noise level was unacceptably high. The server had difficulty hearing the people in my group.Special Features:
- Great Wine, Great Food and ServiceNaniebDined on 9/30/2014As always the Food, Service and Wine were great! It is always a great experience. I highly recommend planning to do the wine tasting prior to having dinner. We always plan to show up an hour prior to our reservation so that we start with the tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014Always excited to go to eat there. Must make reservations to go there every time. We do a wine tasting every time too.Special Features:
- Always greatEdwardDined on 9/28/2014We have never been disappointed at Cooper's Hawk. Consistently good all around!Special Features:
- Delicious, as alwaysMrsJVIPDined on 9/27/2014I tried something I had not tried before, the Churrasco Steak, which was a marinated skirt steak with parmesan fries and mixed vegetables. I would have asked for more veggies and less fries, but that's just me. Everything was tasty and delicious.Special Features:
- medicfoodieDined on 9/26/2014Our food was delicious and Kat our server was awesome. Overall wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!!!susanDined on 9/23/2014You can't beat the food and wine at this wonderful establishment! The service is always great and the staff is friendly :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer definitely not the lastiluv2eatoutDined on 9/23/2014Forget the rude server at the wine tasting bar who almost made this first time experience a disaster and kept service rating from being outstanding. His ignorance was made up for by a very attentive waitress and a surprise visit from the manager (wasn't requested). She recommended a "flight sampling" and the four wines were superb. The restaurant was classy and quiet. Everyone in our party was more than happy with their food selections and portions. The manager even extended a free wine tasting on our next visit.Special Features:
- Good choice!SLKRMKDined on 9/22/2014Nice to have a great place to eat that is consistently good with its service and menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimercookformeanytimeDined on 9/21/2014First visit to Coopers Hawk. The restaurant itself is very tastefully decorated and very clean. We arrived at the exact time of our reservation(6:15 on a Sunday evening) and we were seated right away. Our waitress was very helpful in helping us select a wine and the samples of wines she brought to us helped a lot in making the right choice. The food was very good and presented very well. i had Fish and Chips-not hi end cuisine I know, but it was very well prepared. My wife had "DANA'S PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN" which she enjoyed very much. Overall very satisfied with our experience and we will be back!Special Features:
- Outstandin Servicemardar79Dined on 9/21/2014From the moment we arrived the staff was welcome timely and attentive. Our waiter, Orlin, was simply outstanding. He was engaging, informed, confident with his recommendations and bantered well. The crab bisque was wonderful and our meal was very good. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealFoodieDined on 9/20/2014We opted for a special fixed price menu and were suprised that the portions were the usual size! The chopped wedge salad was delicious, as was the Choclate Cake. The cake was more of a rich chocolate ganche served with whipped cream. We'll be back soon, maybe just for salad and dessert!Special Features:
- Great spot for early dinnerTarheelborn1VIPDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our early dinner on Saturday. It was the perfect ending to a long road trip that day. Entee salad and Chef's special risotto were very good. We will be back again soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedBobbyDined on 9/17/2014This was not a pleasant experience for us! We are wine club members so we dine with you often! When I gave my wine club card to the server he informed us if our $25 certificate and would be sure to use it. My husband ordered the pre fix dinner. Well when the bill came it was a mess. Took almost 15 minutes for the server too figure it out! Also charged us for wine we didn't have. The problem was we couldn't use the $25 certificate when ordering the pre fix! Thought maybe the server should have known that!!!!! Manager was not helpful at all!!Special Features:
- Awesome Service and Great Foodteacher773Dined on 9/15/2014Shandel was our waitress and she provided an amazing experience. Food was quite tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and service was excellentBR1stfavoriteplaceDined on 9/15/2014It was a just because date night. We love the food and service. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable of daily specials and throughout the up coming month. Great place for a special occasion or a just because night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpricedmgp1VIPDined on 9/14/2014I like Cooper's Hawk and eat there occasionally when I am shopping with my friends and stop in, but the food is overpriced for what you get. There is an emphasis on the wines of course, but $12.95 for a salad is just too much for me. I will stick with wine tasting and the chocolates for sale!
- LithoBoy99Dined on 9/13/2014We had a great experience & will definitely go back. The food & the service were very good. The only downside was that even though we had reservations, we still had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. I overheard several other customers having the same problem. And the bar was so packed that it took almost all of our 20-minute wait to flag down the bartender so we could order a drink while we waited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.