Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Burr Ridge
510 Village Center Dr
Burr Ridge, IL 60527Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Burr Ridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: (630) 887-0123
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 6308870123x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Burr Ridge
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Burr Ridge - Best Restaurants in Burr Ridge ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Burr Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
378 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (261)special occasion (193)good for groups (184)fit for foodies (147)neighborhood gem (131)romantic (116)great for lunch (116)hot spot (82)great for outdoor dining (78)vibrant bar scene (77)great for brunch (38)kid-friendly (32)late-night find (32)scenic view (13)Show More
- Dinner meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2014We needed a restaurant not too far from Midway airport. Good location, great atmosphere, and wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere of the restauranti exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014We dine out quite often and found the food that we ordered was just average at best. Portions of food were small for the price. The restaurant and washrooms were very clean. The server was courteous and attentive. Basically the staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably DeliciousopccVIPDined on 11/16/2014We are wine club members, so we have eaten at Cooper's Hawk several times and it's dependably delicious. You must try the Pork Belly Tostadas! They are prepared perfectly here. Bite size, tender pieces of pork belly with a fresh slaw topping...probably my all time favorite appetizer anywhere! Our chop salad was more like a tossed salad...the lettuce was sliced in pretty large pieces, but still delicious. For entrees, I had the lunch size salmon, perfect for a lighter appetite, and my husband had the strip steak. It was cooked perfectly and a very generous portion. We are always too full for dessert, but took a couple of the peanut butter truffles for the road. Very good, though we didn't taste peanut butter except in the candy topping. If you haven't done a wine tasting and dinner here, you are missing out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kathalgump1Dined on 11/15/2014I'll request a booth when I make my next reservation. We were seated near 2 very loud groups, one of 4 people and one of 5. We could hear every word of their conversations. At least in a booth we'd be more removed from any loudmouths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphVIPDined on 11/15/2014We used to be a Coopershawk member but a while back we gave up the membership. We were jut not able to go enough since there really is not one close to our home. However we did get there again and it was very good as always. We always do a wine tasting before. Very good wines and a decent taste amount. The dinners are always good as was the flatbread we had. My only complaint is there is not one close enough to my house so I can go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outshortyDined on 11/15/2014Coopers Hawk is definitely for the wine affecioniado and even though I don't drink wine, the place is wonderful. I tried the evening's special...squash ravioli with shrimp, scallops and lobster in a cream sauce. My husband had the pecan-crusted tilapia. Both dishes were so delicious we were trying to figure out when we could come back. Our server was attentive and helpful and just made our evening complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service (again)bikermama91Dined on 11/15/2014The past two times I have visited CH in Burr Ridge, the service was terribly slow (former visit because our server was also assigned to a large group). This time, I do not know why service was slow, but it took 15 minutes (after ordering) to get a glass of wine. There were 6 of us and, despite reservations, we were put in the bar area, which I did not care for. I am thinking of giving up my wine club membership because the membership is the reason I have been going to CH on a monthly basis (although I know I do not have to dine there - merely taste/pick up my monthly bottle of wine - but the food is always excellent, even if the service is not). Maybe going mid-afternoon on a Saturday is just a poor time to go, but it works for us: covers both lunch and dinner, so no cooking for the rest of the day.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerOandEBDined on 11/14/2014We went with some friends who were there for the first time, and as wine members we always love this establishment. We began with a wine tasting, and although the new bartender who waited on us was new and hence a bit slow, the wine was wonderful as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All goodCosmo7VIPDined on 11/12/2014Excellent food prepared to the highest quality and exquisite taste. Servers attentive and listenSpecial Features:
- Good DiningTWAB3Dined on 11/12/2014Great place to eat anytime, great wine list. Great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- November 9yummywineDined on 11/9/2014We had a luncheon there. The service was outstanding, as well as the food. I love Cooper's Hawk and go there every year in November to celebrate my birthday with my family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Way too noisy, food was not that great of quality for the price, soda tasted watered down, burger was bland.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The server who took care of us at the wine tasting was very informative, attentive and a pleasure.Special Features:
- betsDined on 11/8/2014I and my 3 friends enjoyed our experience very much. Everyone ordered something different and all enjoyed their food choices. I would definitely recommend it to other friends and I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceFoodieLawyerDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant consistently offers excellent service and cuisine, along with great wines. We love coming here for a quiet lunch, or a romantic dinner. Great for large groups as well, as we've been here for Easter brunch several times. Very easy to order individual entreés, or find a large salad or sandwich to split. I've been to other Cooper's Hawk locations, and this one is by far the best. My favorites include their black and blue steak salad, napa chicken salad, roasted vegetable flatbread, or their chicken saltimbocca.Special Features:
- Celebrated a nice birthday dinnerKittyDined on 11/7/2014Our server Christina was great from the start; warm and bubbly. The food was fantastic. I had the trio if medallions and my husband had the salmon. Both were excellent. It's a loud dining room but fun overall. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedVballmomDined on 11/3/2014I go to this Cooper's Hawk regularly w my husband, friends and family. I have tried almost everything on the menu & have never been disappointed w my choices. The bar area is always hopping & I have even had dinner there on the rare occasion reservations were not made in advance. This Cooper's Hawk runs like a finely tuned machine. Always busy but attentive & friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service and wineluv2eatDined on 11/3/2014Always a great place. have never had a bad meal here. the food is always more than expected and they are constantly changing their menu so it never gets oldSpecial Features:
- Great Salmon and good serviceLuciDined on 11/1/2014Our server, Nick was really attentive and nice. We enjoyed the meal. It is always crowded but the food makes it worth the noise. My husband had a really good filet and I had outstanding Salmon!Special Features:
- AplaceinthesunDined on 11/1/2014A fresh crisp white wine was served with a nice chill and was fantastic. The fillet steak that I ordered was seasoned perfectly and was so tender and juicy it just melted in your mouth .Excellent service from our server.Special Features:
- DisappointingLoriLDined on 11/1/2014We are wine club members who usually frequent the Orland Park restaurant. We definitely prefer Orland Park. The Burr Ridge restaurant was too loud to even hear the person I was with. The food was not as good either. Service got off to a slow start, but then seemed to get better. Recommend Orland Park as the better choice.Special Features:
- Amazing!HealingtheFoodieDined on 10/31/2014My experience at Cooper's Hawk was amazing from the time I entered the restaurant until the time I left. Everything from the wine-tasting to the staff to the ambiance then to the food was absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CommendablezimbaDined on 10/31/2014I have been to this restaurant 4 times. 2 times with my girlfriends and 2 times with my husband. Have tried different entrees each time and everyone has been awesome! The wine flight is a great way to try different white or red wines.Special Features:
- FavoriteWineloverDined on 10/31/2014We love Cooper's hawk, we are wine club members, love the food love the wine. We especially love the Burr Ridge location, love the live jazz music in the bar, ambiance is great, service great, and clientele good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DissapointsGottaEatDined on 10/31/2014I have dined here plenty of times before, and the food is never a disappointment. The service is always prompt and attentive.Special Features:
- Love This Placesmartin1213Dined on 10/31/2014This restaurant boasts its own winery, but maintains a very approachable demeanor. I always walk out of there with a little more knowledge about wine than I had previously. Plus the food is awesome. Order your favorite wine, or follow the "Pairing Suggestions" that go with each entrée. This is one of my favorite restaurants. Wine club members receive special perks which also make it fun to go again and again. For example, double points on Halloween - yesssss!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CEEJAYDined on 10/28/2014Dinner was good and our server very accommodating. As with most restaurants, the noise level is too high. Still we had a good meal and a very nice evening.
- All goodCosmo7VIPDined on 10/27/2014A great place to have a casual meal and glass/ bottle of wine with the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014We had a server named Sharon who was very friendly and knowledgable. She made great wine recommendations...didnt hover at our table, but was always there when we needed her. We hope to have her again at our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, crowded feel.UncleDubsDined on 10/25/2014I enjoy dining here, as do many others, for (even early in the evening) the wait times are long and trying to get a seat at the bar is nearly impossible. The food is top notch. This time around our server was hard to find. He visited our table about every 25 minutes. This was an isolated incident, as we were looking at neighboring tables and their servers were attending to them much more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beerloverVIPDined on 10/25/2014We started with the cheese tasting, and my wife had the salmon, and I had the pork chop special. Everything was good.
- Always a good experiencemaya8501Dined on 10/25/2014Great wine. Great food. I have NEVER at a bad experience at this restaurant. It is also wonderful that they offer a gluten free menu for people that have allergies.Special Features:
- GREAT!LETTICIADined on 10/24/2014THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I GO TO THIS RESTAURANT AND ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS ONLY THREE WORDS.... I LOVED IT@!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoopersHawk Burr RidgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent service and great food. Wine was very good. Server was very helpful.Special Features:
- great placeto go with friendssusanDined on 10/24/2014A great place to gather with friends for wine tasting, followed by a delicious dinner :)Special Features:
- perfect settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Worked out well for a last minute client visit, They made us feel at home... Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not OverratedNotOverratedDined on 10/18/2014Really enjoyed Sweetest Day; beyond my expectations. Previous customers says overrated and the food is not that good. Great place and I enjoyed the food. We even joined the club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitorgullodemexicoDined on 10/18/2014All around great food, wine and service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweetest Daysassy1VIPDined on 10/18/2014We had dinner at Coopers Hawk in Burr Ridge on Sat. Night wasn't overly crowded which was very nice. Had reservations, sat down right away. Delicious food. Could have asked for a better evening, other than not having to pay for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stan & Michel'eeating2freshDined on 10/18/2014It's always a delight to eat here. The food is so fresh and I have never experienced a let down. The customer service is superb!!! this was a first for Stan and he enjoyed every bit of it. I often come here in group settings for ladies night out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.