Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Brookfield
15 S. Moorland Rd
Brookfield, WI 53005Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Brookfield
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: (262) 785-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 2627859463x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Brookfield
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Brookfield - Best Restaurants in Brookfield ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Brookfield reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (203)special occasion (145)good for groups (123)fit for foodies (115)romantic (86)great for lunch (84)neighborhood gem (59)hot spot (57)great for outdoor dining (35)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (24)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- Above and beyondOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014My husband and I were celebrating my birthday and this was by far the best dining experience I have ever had! Our server, Rod, went above and beyond my expected service standards (and being a server myself, I have very high standards).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience - even with food allergiesCourtneyDined on 11/14/2014The food was phenomenal and the staff excellent. I deal with food allergies and the wait staff and kitchen staff were knowledgeable and very accommodating. I've had their Short Rib Risotto prior to an allergy diagnosis and now after - it did not disappoint! Just as good as I remembered - even when they prepared it without dairy for me! This experience was a gift - dining out is not as easy as it used to be, but I will definitely be returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff poor/ pork toughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Once meals were passed out she came back and asked how our meals were before we had even tried them. Never returned after that; my meal was very tough (pork). Never could find her for water. Manager did come by at end of dining experience and was very kind and did not charge me for the pork. I've had the pork in the past and it has always been so tender; very surprised and disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and a wine to boot!TrowDined on 11/14/2014If you want to purchase a boot (or a glass slipper) to drink your wine out of they have it, and more. Very nice food sensitive menu and everyday comfort food and fine dining affair. Depending on where you are seated the noise level varies dramatically so be ware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tunatunaDined on 11/9/2014Thank u so much for making reservations quick and convenient great service i was not able to check any boxes in 2 aboveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Noise level was loud which made for conversation at comfortable level difficult. Very impressed with reservation system. Made 7:15 reservation and table was held for made time. Didi not have to wait for seating. Food was very good and service was not rushed. Very wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night2WhoLove2EatDined on 11/7/2014The food was delicious. The portions are sized evenly with what you pay. The Caesar and wedge salad were a great choice, in particular. It's a little pricier than what we normally go to but we will definitely come back for another date night and/or special occasion.Special Features:
- Lunch - First timeAddiedieDined on 11/6/2014Have had dinners at Cooper's Hawk before and it's always been crowded. This was the first time for lunch and it was equally as crowded, so the noise level was energetic +, due in part to the high ceilings. Reservations are definitely recommended for lunch (as well as dinner). Great that the menu had lunch size portions.Special Features:
- Book club nightJcvbearDined on 11/5/2014Food was amazing as usual. Drinks desserts and cappucino were great. It was our first time there as a large group and we felt very rushed throughout. This has never been the case when we have been there in small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ginger Salmon A MustOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/4/2014Had the Ginger Salmon and a chopped salad and both were excellent. So flavorful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not impressedEatingthroughlifeDined on 11/2/2014As wine club members, we came for a quiet Sunday night dinner, only to realize it was Dine in Brookfield. While these type of promotions are a fun time to try a new restaurant, Cooper's Hawk is our standby treat. Our server was nice, but I was disappointed in the experience overall: -No salmon left, so I couldn't try the promo menu, nor could I order my usual salmon, no alternatives offered -No pretzel bread left, so no bread basket, again no alternative offered -Wasn't able to use a wine club bottle on a few glasses of the barrel wine that was featured (at least our server checked) The food that I did order was delicious as usual; I just wish they made me feel special! Cancelling the wine club.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanIDined on 11/2/2014Very good experience. Great server and food was so good.Special Features:
- Our new favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We love Cooper's Hawk and love introducing friends to the restaurant. The food is never less than outstanding!Special Features:
- Special eventsrteaduDined on 11/1/2014The food was very good as were the drinks. Desert was excellent! Unfortunately, as with many popular restaurants, the noise level was way too loud for us. The times for enjoying a nice quiet dinner are gone. One has to talk very loud to be heard across the table. It is a sign of the times; but it is an unfortunate sign. A very nice restaurant, but becoming too loud with conversation.Special Features:
- Service is going downhillTheReviewer001Dined on 10/31/2014We've been to Cooper's many times. I feel the service is on a downward trend. Plates take forever to clear, food spends too much time under the heat lamp. The food is only slightly above average. I think they try and be too creative with their entrees and often miss the mark. That said, we love how they are quick to offer a tasting of any wine they have. Two free tastings per month with a wine club membership is something we love. Great place to go with 4-6 people for a tasting and dinner. We'll probably keep going back until we have a really bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Food good, nice place, fun time. Which wine bar larger because our gets so crowded for tastings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Favorite Place!rudy2dDined on 10/31/2014I had lunch at Coopers Hawk on a Saturday and decided it would be the perfect Anniversary Celebration restaurant, so we went back the following Friday. It was absolutely delicious, great wine, and our server was very friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwayspcb1107Dined on 10/31/2014Had a last minute family dinner on a Friday night. Booked through open table (highly recommended for this place). Were seated promptly, and delighted to find that we had a waiter, Gregory, who we have had before. Some just ordered appetizers, I had the mustard crusted pork, recently revised, which was as good a piece of meat as i have had in a long time. Service was outstanding, we really like Gregory and suggest you ask for him. Personable and professional. We highly recommend Copers as a place to have on the regular dining circuit.Special Features:
- Great meal!ScribDined on 10/31/2014Very nice dinner! Good food, good location, good service!Special Features:
- 3amigosDined on 10/29/2014Food great. Wine great. Ambiance fantastic.Service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and drinks.GirlsNightDined on 10/28/2014It was busy as usual and I felt our service was a bit rushed. Other than that...very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great date nightdinnerdinerDined on 10/26/2014Took my girlfriend out for a very nice date here. The food and service was very impressiveSpecial Features:
- Our new find.szczepwpDined on 10/25/2014In August my wife and I stopped in Coopers Hawk for a wine tasting and fell in love with the place. We had dinner that night and were sold, we joined the wine club. Since then we have attended a special event and dined several times. Each time we were very happy with the food, service, and wine. We consider this our go to place for us to enjoy wine, food, and each other.Special Features:
- Love coming here!!WineNoobDined on 10/25/2014I found Cooper's Hawk last year while searching for a nice spot to take my wife out to dinner for her birthday. We did a wine tasting beforehand then went to dinner. The whole experience from start to finish was amazing and we have returned 2 times since then (our anniversary and her birthday this year). The staff at the wine bar are extremely friendly and knowledgeable and are very patient with wine tasting "noobs" such as my wife and myself. The wait staff is also friendly with a vast knowledge of every item on the menu and they always make sure we are well taken care of. I plan on returning here again for our anniversary next year and I recommend this place to anyone I can tell. I'll say again, "I LOVE COOPER'S HAWK!"Special Features:
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Food was fantastic, service was great, all in all very, very nice.Special Features:
- GREAT NIGHT OUT!!!LOVEDined on 10/25/2014We had the most friendly and informative waitress. I went with a couple of friends and we were catching up and she didn't rush us at all. She may have been the best waitress I have ever had. And, on top of that, the food was absolutely delicious and the wine was the best. It was a great night out. We did the tasting room before dinner which was great fun as well. The bartender in the bar area was super friendly too. It was a great girls night out.Special Features:
- Best servicecaiteDined on 10/22/2014We had made a reservation for 7 pm. Our table ended up not being ready until almost 7:30. While waiting we enjoyed looking at the store and even picking up some treats to take home. The staff noticed that we had been waiting and brought us some free wine to sample. When we got to our table another server had noticed that we hadn't been helped yet. She then brought over two more samples of wine, water, and pretzel bread. She ended up becoming out server. Her name was Kristi and she was great! Very knowledgeable and more than nice. She was attentive to all of our needs and didn't try to rush anything. I think the staff handled the whole situation beautifully. I would definitely recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing wineMexicanaddictVIPDined on 10/20/2014To go just for the wine would be an excellent but then try the food and you will be blown away. The cheese plate and the short ribs were amazing and I will be going back for those alone. On top of some amazing wine, this is a place that is a new favorite of mine. Must try more items on the menu.Special Features:
- A must taste in BrookfieldoutoftownfoodieDined on 10/18/2014My boyfriend&I went on a mini get away for Sweetest Day to Wisconsin and decided to dine here since it was close to our hotel&have heard good reviews back home in Chicago.Food was awesome,service was fast&friendly&the Mexican drunken shrimp as our appetizer was addicting lol.Will definetly recommend not only this one but the ones back home as well..Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNewwineluvrDined on 10/18/2014It's the combined experience that makes Coopers Hawk outstanding. The food, location and service are top notch! I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2014Very disappointed with the service in the tasting room at the Brookfield location. Being wine club members we have had the pleasure of having the outstanding staff in the Souht Barrington location serve us in the tasting room. The tasting room staff in Brookfield was rude and did not pay attention to other guests waiting in the tasting area. As we stood at the tasting counter, the staffer never acknowledged us and even asked us to move down so that she could help another customer. So not the service we are used to . We sat in the bar for dinner and our server was there was excellent, however, the food was not good. The steaks were overcooked and the salad was watery. I would have to say that I will not go back.Special Features:
- Nothing Specialmom2boys65Dined on 10/18/2014There is nothing special about either the wine or food. The wine we had was very weak and we felt it was actually watered down. Food was okay, not outstanding. You could get same or better food for the same money elsewhere. WAY too noisy. Even though we had reservation we had to wait, as they didn't anticipate the need for additional staff on Sweetest Day (which I could care less about). We went there for our Anniversary, but had to wait at least an additional 15 minutes while the staff looked on and took other later reservations into the restaurant. Coopers Hawk would not be on my top 10 list. And I would not recommend it to anyone, nor would we go back.
- Surprise!!dotsmosaicDined on 10/18/2014I received a gift certificate for Cooper's Hawk so I decided to treat a few friends to lunch. I was so surprised to find a wine tasting bar and shop when we walked in the door. It was nice to spend time there while waiting for a table, which was only a few minutes as it turned out. They allow you to sample wine at your table before you choose what to order - another surprise! The food was fantastic, portions were just right, and the service was great! I have already recommended Cooper's Hawk to friends and family and I will definitely be returning there.Special Features:
- Special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Our small group of three were celebrating a birthday. Her choice was Coopers Hawk. We have been before to celebrate a special event and have never been disappointed. Great "diamond in the rough". Too bad the parking is soooooo bad! :( AskSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAbsolutelyDined on 10/14/2014Went to Milwaukee on business with a coworker. We planned ahead to visit a few restaurants while here. Cooper's Hawk was not one of them but was highly recommended by a local... What a fantastic meal we had! We liked it so much we cancelled our plans for our second night at another restaurant and went back to Cooper's Hawk. I will say the service wasn't quite the same the second dinner but the food and wine paring was great. If you go, ask to sit in Montrell's section... I am not easily impressed by servers but he was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner, good valuegkpughDined on 10/14/2014Wife had crusted boneless pork chop special. Absolutely loved it. The Shiraz/zin blend wine was out of this world. We shared a fried calamari appetizer. Comes with three sauces. The aioli was the best. The sriracha was a bit spicy and the tomato sauce was a bit smokey. I could have used some plain marinara sauce. The complimentary pretzel bread is fantastic. I could have filled up on that. I had two additional appetizers for my entree. Got the crab/lobster bisque and the flatbread margherita pizza. The bisque is better next door at Bravo! where it's thick and creamy. The CH bisque was a bit less thick (not watery). It had plenty of meat in it. The flatbread pizza was good - albeit not terribly hot. Good pour on the bourbon.Special Features:
- Nice findWine4foodDined on 10/11/2014Coopers Hawk is a great combination of food and wine, creating a nice value proposition. The Meritage was well balanced and went well with the risotto and the beef tenderloin. The chopped salad was also a table favorite. We look forward to returning frequently to explore more wine and food. The service was also better than most - attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wished we went somewhere elsez726bethVIPDined on 10/11/2014we've had good experiences at Cooper's Hawk in the past, but this time I really wished we went elsewhere. They sat us in a far back corner despite having made the reservation well in advance, and the restaurant just felt loud and crowded and our server was just kind of abrasive. The food was good as always, but basically just not an enjoyable experience for the price.
- Great AtmosphereWadsterDined on 10/11/2014My Wife loved it, the service was personable not robotic like some placesSpecial Features:
- Great place for lunch!DebbieKDined on 10/10/2014This is a very nice place for a business lunch. Food - great! Service - Great!Special Features: