Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Brookfield
15 S. Moorland Rd
Brookfield, WI 53005Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Brookfield
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 2627859463x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 2627859463x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Brookfield
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Brookfield - Best Restaurants in Brookfield ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Brookfield reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (199)special occasion (149)good for groups (129)fit for foodies (120)romantic (95)great for lunch (83)neighborhood gem (61)great for outdoor dining (52)hot spot (52)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (24)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Took my girlfriend out for a very nice date here. The food and service was very impressiveSpecial Features:
- Our new find.szczepwpDined on 10/25/2014In August my wife and I stopped in Coopers Hawk for a wine tasting and fell in love with the place. We had dinner that night and were sold, we joined the wine club. Since then we have attended a special event and dined several times. Each time we were very happy with the food, service, and wine. We consider this our go to place for us to enjoy wine, food, and each other.Special Features:
- GREAT NIGHT OUT!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We had the most friendly and informative waitress. I went with a couple of friends and we were catching up and she didn't rush us at all. She may have been the best waitress I have ever had. And, on top of that, the food was absolutely delicious and the wine was the best. It was a great night out. We did the tasting room before dinner which was great fun as well. The bartender in the bar area was super friendly too. It was a great girls night out.Special Features:
- Best servicecaiteDined on 10/22/2014We had made a reservation for 7 pm. Our table ended up not being ready until almost 7:30. While waiting we enjoyed looking at the store and even picking up some treats to take home. The staff noticed that we had been waiting and brought us some free wine to sample. When we got to our table another server had noticed that we hadn't been helped yet. She then brought over two more samples of wine, water, and pretzel bread. She ended up becoming out server. Her name was Kristi and she was great! Very knowledgeable and more than nice. She was attentive to all of our needs and didn't try to rush anything. I think the staff handled the whole situation beautifully. I would definitely recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing wineMexicanaddictVIPDined on 10/20/2014To go just for the wine would be an excellent but then try the food and you will be blown away. The cheese plate and the short ribs were amazing and I will be going back for those alone. On top of some amazing wine, this is a place that is a new favorite of mine. Must try more items on the menu.Special Features:
- A must taste in BrookfieldoutoftownfoodieDined on 10/18/2014My boyfriend&I went on a mini get away for Sweetest Day to Wisconsin and decided to dine here since it was close to our hotel&have heard good reviews back home in Chicago.Food was awesome,service was fast&friendly&the Mexican drunken shrimp as our appetizer was addicting lol.Will definetly recommend not only this one but the ones back home as well..Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNewwineluvrDined on 10/18/2014It's the combined experience that makes Coopers Hawk outstanding. The food, location and service are top notch! I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2014Very disappointed with the service in the tasting room at the Brookfield location. Being wine club members we have had the pleasure of having the outstanding staff in the Souht Barrington location serve us in the tasting room. The tasting room staff in Brookfield was rude and did not pay attention to other guests waiting in the tasting area. As we stood at the tasting counter, the staffer never acknowledged us and even asked us to move down so that she could help another customer. So not the service we are used to . We sat in the bar for dinner and our server was there was excellent, however, the food was not good. The steaks were overcooked and the salad was watery. I would have to say that I will not go back.Special Features:
- Nothing Specialmom2boys65Dined on 10/18/2014There is nothing special about either the wine or food. The wine we had was very weak and we felt it was actually watered down. Food was okay, not outstanding. You could get same or better food for the same money elsewhere. WAY too noisy. Even though we had reservation we had to wait, as they didn't anticipate the need for additional staff on Sweetest Day (which I could care less about). We went there for our Anniversary, but had to wait at least an additional 15 minutes while the staff looked on and took other later reservations into the restaurant. Coopers Hawk would not be on my top 10 list. And I would not recommend it to anyone, nor would we go back.
- Surprise!!dotsmosaicDined on 10/18/2014I received a gift certificate for Cooper's Hawk so I decided to treat a few friends to lunch. I was so surprised to find a wine tasting bar and shop when we walked in the door. It was nice to spend time there while waiting for a table, which was only a few minutes as it turned out. They allow you to sample wine at your table before you choose what to order - another surprise! The food was fantastic, portions were just right, and the service was great! I have already recommended Cooper's Hawk to friends and family and I will definitely be returning there.Special Features:
- Special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Our small group of three were celebrating a birthday. Her choice was Coopers Hawk. We have been before to celebrate a special event and have never been disappointed. Great "diamond in the rough". Too bad the parking is soooooo bad! :( AskSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAbsolutelyDined on 10/14/2014Went to Milwaukee on business with a coworker. We planned ahead to visit a few restaurants while here. Cooper's Hawk was not one of them but was highly recommended by a local... What a fantastic meal we had! We liked it so much we cancelled our plans for our second night at another restaurant and went back to Cooper's Hawk. I will say the service wasn't quite the same the second dinner but the food and wine paring was great. If you go, ask to sit in Montrell's section... I am not easily impressed by servers but he was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner, good valuegkpughDined on 10/14/2014Wife had crusted boneless pork chop special. Absolutely loved it. The Shiraz/zin blend wine was out of this world. We shared a fried calamari appetizer. Comes with three sauces. The aioli was the best. The sriracha was a bit spicy and the tomato sauce was a bit smokey. I could have used some plain marinara sauce. The complimentary pretzel bread is fantastic. I could have filled up on that. I had two additional appetizers for my entree. Got the crab/lobster bisque and the flatbread margherita pizza. The bisque is better next door at Bravo! where it's thick and creamy. The CH bisque was a bit less thick (not watery). It had plenty of meat in it. The flatbread pizza was good - albeit not terribly hot. Good pour on the bourbon.Special Features:
- Nice findWine4foodDined on 10/11/2014Coopers Hawk is a great combination of food and wine, creating a nice value proposition. The Meritage was well balanced and went well with the risotto and the beef tenderloin. The chopped salad was also a table favorite. We look forward to returning frequently to explore more wine and food. The service was also better than most - attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wished we went somewhere elsez726bethVIPDined on 10/11/2014we've had good experiences at Cooper's Hawk in the past, but this time I really wished we went elsewhere. They sat us in a far back corner despite having made the reservation well in advance, and the restaurant just felt loud and crowded and our server was just kind of abrasive. The food was good as always, but basically just not an enjoyable experience for the price.
- Great AtmosphereWadsterDined on 10/11/2014My Wife loved it, the service was personable not robotic like some placesSpecial Features:
- Great place for lunch!DebbieKDined on 10/10/2014This is a very nice place for a business lunch. Food - great! Service - Great!Special Features:
- Great food!MandyP23Dined on 10/7/2014I chose this place for a friends birthday get together. All the food was great and the drinks we excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Some of the best food I have had in the Milwaukee areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Staff is very friendly and willing to share information about the dishes and wines. The cheese tasting plate was great, and the short ribs dish was good, but not great (need a little more flavor in the sauce). The price is not overwhelming, but if the flavors were a little more richer, I think it would either be a steal, or could they charge more. Overall a nice experience, but room for improvement.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised...BmagicJDined on 10/3/2014Booked a dinner out at Cooper's Hawk (1st time visit) via the OpenTable app for 8 PM on a Friday--arrived at 8:03 PM--the hostess apologized profusely for our table not being ready (despite our being late)--and assured us we'd be seated asap. At 8:15, my cell phone notified me that our table was ready--so we approached the host stand and were seated. After an initial greeting by our server, the manager greeted us and apologized for our wait--he assured us this was not acceptable--and offered us a bottle of wine or appetizer on him for the delay--I declined--but he insisted. Needless to say, my wife and I were impressed with this response--and even before eating anything, planned to return. Food also exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014I've started communication with corporate cooper hawk because the service was the worst ever and we missed our party that was to follow because people couldn't wait for us. But because I'm a wine member I'll recommend to other based on other experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutlivlifeDined on 10/3/2014I visited his restaurant with a few girlfriends and neither of us had ever dined here before. I must say initially I thought it was going to be a long night because when we arrived 10 minutes early for our 7p.m. reservation that had been made two weeks prior we were told it would be awhile has they were not ready for us. But after a 20min wait they had a table and during the wait some of the ladies sampled the wine. The food was awesome, I especially enjoyed the jambalaya and our waiter Robert was very friendly, helpful, and attentive to our needs. We'd definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Tasting & a dinnerDineForOccasionsDined on 10/2/2014The combination of the wine tasting room and restaurant was great! When we arrived, we walked up to the tasting bar which was quite busy. The gentleman behind the counter welcomed us and explained the wine tasting choices available for the month in a very timely manner. He was very helpful throughout the tasting, providing great explanations of the different wines sampled. After we finished with the wine tasting, we checked in and were seated for dinner. The service was good and the food was great. We were able to try out our favorites from the wine tasting along with some of the suggested food pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for kids too!quickRESVSatPMDined on 9/29/2014We had a mommy/daughter dinner and enjoyed perfectly cooked filets with wonderful sides for both meals. The kid's menu offers healthy and exciting options, topped with a chocolate covered strawberry at the end! Try a glass of Barrel Reserve as well. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant/food, poor serviceFitnessGroup2014Dined on 9/28/2014I brought my fitness group for a business dinner meeting (their first time there). My husband and I go there 2x/month on dates so I could tell our server was new. First, he was a bit thrown off because we ordered only 4 appetizer entrees (Thai lettuce soy glazed chicken wrap entrees). We were there from 6pm-7:45pm and we saw he was growing impatient for us to leave. His facial expressions & his personality were disappointing. There was not a lot of traffic so I don't understand what his hurry was about. I didn't appreciate his etiquette - he doesn't belong there. We still left him his 15% tip out of courtesy, but next time if we are assigned to him, I would personally request to get a different server.Special Features:
- Wine & FoodwkwjmuDined on 9/22/2014a nice selection of wines and full range of dinners from salads to sandwiches. Recommended by a coworker as we were all from out of town. Seared tuna and siy-glazed salmon came with a nice slaw salad. The jambalaya and scallops both had rave reviews as well as the bbq chopped chicken salad. I think everyone cleaned their plates. I had a nice white blend Pinot Gris/Chardonnay which paired well with my melt in you mouth seared tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBanantalisDined on 9/21/2014Gathered for a family birthday party. Seated quickly despite a full house. Served with precision: server was aware enough to keep track of flatware and brought one diner a new fork before she asked for it. Meal was delivered just as we finished delivering the appetizer. Plating was enticing. Flavor was exactly what I desired with my order - no surprises, but nothing really wowed me either. Just a solid offering. Noise level was a little out of my comfort zone and made table conversation a chore, but it did not ruin my experience. Would eat here again.Special Features:
- noisyfoodloversDined on 9/21/2014Love this restaurant, but the one drawback is the noise level. Food was great, wines are super, service good.....just noisy and hard to have a group of even just six and enjoy the conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasic foodgirlsnightgroupDined on 9/20/2014The food was fantastic. We both had the Surf and Turf. The Soy Seasame Salmon and Filet Medalions were divine. Definetaly be back for the food. Our server was very pleasant but had too many tables and unable to get back to our table to provide us excellent service. She made up with it with a free round of drinks but we had to ask for a bottle of wine from another servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Casual Dining in BrookfieldMKEBakeDined on 9/20/2014Cooper's Hawk is a chain that has a good, mid-scale ($$) restaurant in the Brookfield area. They have their own private-stock wine list, which is fairly extensive, complete with a rotating monthly special wine selection. Be sure to get a free sample the tasting room or your wait staff. They are always happy to help you fine the best variety. The food is good to great, depending on the dish. We especially enjoy their surf and turf, which differs from most because they use their appetizer selections as the surf portion. It works nicely. If you want a slightly guilty but very delicious starter for the night, go with the Mexican Drunken Shrimp and make sure to dip your pretzel bread in the leftover Tequila Lime sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WIGirlDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful wine tasting and excellent food experience. Have you considered to putting a restaurant in Memphis, TN? We would love it!
- Way too noisyHmmmDined on 9/19/2014The volume level in this restaurant was way too high. A table of 4 could hardly hear each other, making for a very UNrelaxing get together. Also, our server didn't know answers to very basic questions such as which vegetables are in the vegetable sandwich, and it took her a looooooong time to go check and come back to us with an answer. Surprisingly, none of the wines we tried were very good either. I think this place has excellent food, but if you are looking for anything more than that, I'd take a pass.
- love the foodLuv2eatoutDined on 9/18/2014I used open table and asked for a table in table in the back glassed in portion. Upon being seated they were going to seat us in the dining room. I told the girl I had asked to be put in the back and she happily reseated us especially since they were not very busy at the time. I love the food but the noise level is HORRIBLE which is why I asked to be seated in the back area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's Hawk Was Fantasticrdw1015Dined on 9/16/2014I had a business dinner two nights ago with a business partner from out of town. One of those people was from India. Both guests found the food variation and quality to be excellent. We all enjoyed some of the finest of Cooper's Hawk wines and again enjoyed every variation of wine we tried. That wait staff was prompt, courteous and extremely helpful to my guests who were first-timers there. I continue to bring my out of town guests to Cooper's Hawk for all of these reasons. Always great food, always courteous staff, always consistent service and experience. I love this place! Thank you!Special Features:
- Would definitely visit again.DandJDined on 9/15/2014Very classy atmosphere. Food was very good and great variety. Wine and drinks were very tasty. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Great food and service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014This was my first time here and the food was excellent! We started off with their jumbo shrimp appetizer wrapped in bacon and we had the soy salmon and risotto short ribs! Definitely will come back. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional TreatHoneybunchDined on 9/14/2014This was my first visit to Cooper Hawk's and I must say it will certainly not be my last. In fact, my sister and I have decided to make it an annual affair for our mother's birthday.Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperiencespalmerDined on 9/13/2014I've been curious about this place and a friend suggested we dine here for my birthday dinner. We had a group of 8 and everyone enjoyed the wine theme and their meals. Good value, fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and wine, noisymargaretwDined on 9/13/2014This was one of the better meals we have had at Coopers Hawk. But the noise level was very distracting. This is a very popular restaurant in our area. Always crowded. It's much quieter if you sit outdoors but it was too chilly on this particular night.Special Features: