Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
798 W. Algonquin Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8479810900
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8479810900x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights - Best Restaurants in Arlington Heights ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
457 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (328)special occasion (270)good for groups (243)fit for foodies (168)romantic (164)great for lunch (125)neighborhood gem (112)hot spot (94)vibrant bar scene (85)kid-friendly (48)late-night find (26)great for brunch (18)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- AwesomeAwesomeVIPDined on 10/28/2014Once again we had a great experience: from wine tasting to service (George!) to food recommendations and taste. All spot on! We appreciate the quality, consistency and most of all the plethora of gluten free options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good wineCheleDined on 10/28/2014We always enjoy a bottle of wine with dinner, this time it was the Lux Pinot Noir, very good. We started with the Over the Border egg rolls, one of our favorite appetizers. The warm pretzel bread is always great. For entrees, one of us had the NY strip, which was delicious and cooked to perfection. The other was a surf & turf with salmon and Parmesan crusted medallions. The salmon was slightly dry, the medallions, perfect. The wasabi potatoes were disappointing in that you could barely taste the wasabi, the potatoes themselves were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Was Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014The food was amazing.. Dessert was amazing.. EVERYTHING is made FRESH on site.... EVERYTHING!!!! The wine was so great that I had to join the wine club... If you have not stop by yet YOU HAVE TO!.. You will not be disappointed !!!!! I must say I am looking forward to my monthly wine.. :)Special Features:
- Chalet133VIPDined on 10/28/2014I loved the egg roll starter! Paired with a glass of the Lux Cabarnet I almost don't need a meal. I enjoyed the BBQ chicken salad. Can always find something good to eat reasonable priced. Service was excellent today - non-obtrusive but there if you need anything.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousbarbiegirl1Dined on 10/27/2014can't say enough great place to eat, especially the bread. YUMMY!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service but too loudKelmarkDined on 10/25/2014This was our first time at this Coopershawk location. It was very busy but we were seated on time. Our server was great, the wine and food was exceptional but it was much too loud in there. We could hardly hear each other talk. That was the only drawback.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014food was great, wine was great, the restaurant is extremely well run, thoroughly enjoyed myself!Special Features:
- Always Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We have never been disappointed in our visits to this restaurant and location. The service is outstanding and the food consistent. Of course, they want you to like their wine and don't offer others, but we have never been disappointed in what is offered and what we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this was the worst service everBillDined on 10/20/2014We went there for our anniversary but i forgot my wallet i told the waitress i have a copy of id my in the car she just shook her head then after i told her i have a picture of it on my phone she shook her head again and said if you're going to a winery you have to have your id and left, i didn't wanna leave my wife sitting alone for 30 mins to go bring my id. I understand she was doing her job but she wasn't polite at all, i felt she was saying ´i don't believe you and we don't need your business', but the worse was when another person on the next table ordered his drink the waiter didn't ask him for an id so we just walked out because her attitude and she didn't even say anything or called a manager. She didn't introduce herself either.Special Features:
- Usually Very GoodjayjayDined on 10/20/2014I'm a wine club member at Cooper's Hawk and enjoy my experiences there. We prefer the atmosphere in the Arlington Heights location over the South Barrington spot. Have been to the Burr Ridge location only once and it was fine. In every case except one, the food and service have been outstanding. On our last visit, the pork chop looked phenomenal when it arrived, but was dry. The service was a tad bit slow, only in that the table wasn't bussed from course to course in a timely manner. Wine snobs may not agree, but the wines are good, as far as I'm concerned. I'm almost always taken aback by how very loud the atmosphere is. It's sometimes difficult to talk.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceTompkeilVIPDined on 10/19/2014Service is always top notch and the food, WOW, always delisious.Special Features:
- sweetest dayLovetowineanddineDined on 10/18/2014Used open table to book our sweetest day reservation. Was quick and easy. Enjoyed a taste of wine while waiting to be seated. Wasn't long at all considering sweetest day! Our server Ashley was fantastic as usual along with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere. Good food.sgbadVIPDined on 10/18/2014The ambiance and atmosphere was very energetic, vibrant, and fit for a group of friends having a drink and dining. Great house wine list. The service was good, but suffered due to how busy the place was: we were seated 30 minutes after our reservation time, once seated - our assigned waiter(ess) never showed up, we had to ask a different waiter to take our order. Overall, 7/10. Food was great, but nothing special. Recommended.Special Features:
- Good Food But Poor ServicewandyDined on 10/18/2014There were 6 of us Saturday night. The food overall was good, (3 of us split a bottle of wine,the other 3 had cocktails). Our server was almost too quiet, spoke only when he had to, not personable. We waited 8-10 minutes before our server took our drink order. The drinks arrived at different times. The appetizers were delicious and arrived promptly. Our entrees also arrived at different times. Someone ordered pork medallions and instead received pork chops. When mentioning the error, we were told they were no longer available. (Why was it on the menu? Why didn't our server tell us?) Someone else ordered the short ribs and received a different short ribs entree. Apparently there were two, yet the server never asked which entree was wanted.Special Features:
- kind of disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014ordered a bottle of wine we had coming since we are wine club members, the appetizer got there before the bottle of wine, then our dinner came in like about 10 minutes, obviously popped in a microwave, seemed like they were rushing us, meal was not warm enoughSpecial Features:
- GreatdisappointedVIPDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful gluten free menu!!!! Very good selection. Amazing wine! Love the brownie choice for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S.MiloshSteveDined on 10/17/2014Nice place,good food,excellent vine,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try placeEricDined on 10/16/2014If you haven't been, put this place on your list. The food is amazing, wines are great, and the value is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's Hawk first timeIlovefoodDined on 10/15/2014Great service above and beyond. Our server said he was new. We both joined the wine club and I don't even live in the state!Special Features:
- A vast menu!AtomicscottDined on 10/14/2014This is the first time that I have been to the Arlington Heights Cooper's Hawk restaurant (I've been to their restaurant in Wheeling). For such a big restaurant, I was surprised at how busy it was on a Tuesday night. Their menu is many great options from sandwiches, pastas and meat entrees. The prices are reasonable and the service was excellent. All in all, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere for the moneyObieDined on 10/14/2014Its a bit pricey. If you are looking to go where somewhere classy, there's definitely no worries about being seated near some annoying classless trashy people because there are none. Its a great after work spot for a semi professional gathering.Special Features:
- Coopers HawkKentuckyBrittDined on 10/11/2014My boyfriend and I got a gift card here for Christmas last year and so we decided to FINALLY take advantage and treat ourselves to a nice dinner. We had reservations for 7:45 and arrived at 7:35 but were not seated until 8. We enjoyed the atmosphere in the bar until our table became available. Our server was fantastic - very friendly and accommodating. The food was hot, delicious, and the steak was melt in your mouth tender. We got the bacon-wrapped shrimp and two separate entrees and we were both stuffed at the end of dinner. My only complaint is that it was pretty cold in the room we were seated in at the beginning of our meal but seemed to warm up by the end. Overall, it was great and we will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad VisitMikeDined on 10/11/2014Waste of time making a reservation as we had to wait a half hour for a table. Once we were seated there were seven empty tables in our general area - why the half hour wait? No sign of the waiter for about 5 minutes and then his attention was sporadic at best. When he took our order he asked if we wanted pretzel bread. We said yes and it finally came out as we were finishing our salads! I ordered Betty's potatoes and it took three tries to get the correct order! You cannot hear yourself think in this restaurant it is so noisy!Special Features:
- Service okCustomerXDined on 10/10/2014Service was ok. Got there 10 min before my reservation. Went to host station to let them know I arrived. They told me to come back at 8:30. No appreciation for visiting their place. Then wait stuff could make more afford to stop by table more often to check. Was not asked if wanted more drinks or anything. Will not be back at this location. South Barrington is much better.Special Features:
- Good food and wineMegOVIPDined on 10/10/2014I love the food and wine at Cooper's Hawk. The appetizers are so delicious they make a great meal. My favorite is the Cooper's Hawk Sampler and the Drunken Mexican Shrimp. My favorite entrées include the crab cakes, filet mignon, and salmon. The service is hit and miss. That goes for both the servers and hosts. I always make reservations and sometimes when I get there and give them my name and tell them we have reservations they tell us they'll be right with us other times they act so inconvenienced. Some servers are really nice making it a great experience others want you out of there as soon as possible. If I'm ordering appetizers, dinner, dessert, and several bottles of wine for 2-6 people, please don't expect me to leave in 45 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for couples at peak hourstryingtohelpDined on 10/10/2014Extremely loud during peak hours. I would recommend avoiding this time unless your with a loud group. For a couple trying to have a conversation it is not possibleSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and service!DinningdivaDined on 10/10/2014I especially liked the chefs special of the 10oz pork chop with apples and mashed sweet potatoes. It was an excellent fall menu choice. My husband loves the surf and turf. He really liked the pistachio encrusted taliapia. Service was perfect as usual. This is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great noise!AmazinGrace2014Dined on 10/9/2014While the food at Cooper's Hawk and the service were excellent, the noise level due to the high ceiling and echoes were not. I would also recommend a little more light in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooper's hawk ReduxJackVIPDined on 10/8/2014Return visit here, last time had a few issues. This time really made up for it. When we were originally seated this time the air conditioning was blowing on us. We were quickly reseated. Server was great. Very attentive. Offered pretzel bread 3x! My steak was underdone so he quickly took back. Apologized several times. Cut dessert in half and other extra efforts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinnermgk141Dined on 10/7/2014We have been to both the Arlington Heights and South Barrington locations. The food is always good and the wait staff attentive. As with most large, open restaurants, the noise level is greater than I would like and the only negative comment I have about this location. Unfortunately, the noise level rating here does not have a Loud category, only Energetic and I don't really know how to interpret that description so I have rated this moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Second time here and food is great.will continue to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off nightsuburbanitesDined on 10/5/2014Decided to have dinner w/family including 2 small children. The restaurant was busy but not too bad. Waitress took our order quickly and that's when everything went downhill. Waitress and mgr both came over several times to apologize for the lengthy wait for our food. Ultimately it did come, but not hot for several of us. When asked and we commented about that and our denial to return the food to the kitchen (by that time it was getting too long for the kids) they did remove the cost of those dishes, which we were extremely appreciative of. This has been the 3rd time dining here, and each time there was an issue. Probably won't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Had a Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/5/2014Thanks to the staff of Coopers Hawk! They did an outstanding job. We had one minor glitch in our order and they went out of their way to make it right. I really appreciate that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmzDined on 10/3/2014Great restaurant with lots of food options!! Wine was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine & foodExperienceDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed every minute of our wine tasting & dinner. Service was wonderful & the food was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovetoeat65Dined on 10/3/2014We brought family from Alaska here for lunch; they loved it. We were a group of nine, but they had no problem accommodating us. We were in no hurry to leave, and they didn't rush us out. It was a very nice dining experience. Everyone enjoyed their food. Burgers got rave reviews as did the chicken tortilla soup. Serve was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDizzyDined on 9/30/2014This was my first time visiting Cooper's Hawk and it was excellent! I understand there are a few other locations so now I'll be looking to visit Cooper's Hawk when I am in a city where they have a location.Special Features:
- Great LunchJulieVIPDined on 9/30/2014We stopped in to have lunch at Cooper's Hawk. Service (our server was Ann) was incredible !!! Food was delicious. We also sampled the October wine. Delicious! If you haven't been to Cooper's Hawk, you must try it, you won't be disappointed.
- Just a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014My sister and I went to dinner with our folks. Had a very nice dinner. Food was presented well and was tasty.Our server was very good. Our last time at this site service was not good at all. I wish I remembered our servers name from Monday Night but is was a very good server and very plesant too.Special Features:
- BuggsieDined on 9/29/2014THE FOOD WAS GOOD BUT IT DEFINITELY COULD HAVE BEEN SERVED A BIT HOTTER! MY ASPARAGUS WAS COLD WHEN I RECEIVED IT BUT THE MEAT WAS SERVED WARM. I MENTIONED THIS TO OUR WAITRESS. THE NOISE LEVEL WAS VERY LOUD, AND I WOULD NOT CALL IT ENERGETIC BUT LOUD!! IT WAS HARD TO HEAR MY HUSBAND AND HE SAIDTHAT HE COULD NOT HEAR ME EITHER. I LIKED THE WINE LIST AND ENJOYED THE CHOICE THAT I MADE. WE PLAN ON GOING BACK FOR EITHER DINNER OR LUNCH. I DON'T THINK THAT CHILDREN WOULD ENJOY THIS ATMOSPHERE UNLESS IT MIGHT BE AT LUNCHTIME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.