Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
798 W. Algonquin Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8479810900
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8479810900x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights - Best Restaurants in Arlington Heights ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
469 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (333)special occasion (286)good for groups (251)fit for foodies (177)romantic (171)great for lunch (133)neighborhood gem (110)hot spot (89)vibrant bar scene (87)kid-friendly (48)late-night find (32)great for brunch (25)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Perfect Date NightStephNEZDined on 9/28/2014I am a 2 bottle wine member and we came here for a tasting and dinner. It was a perfect evening. All the wines that we had we enjoyed and the butternut squash gnocchi with a glass of blanc de blanc was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We are wine club members and visit as frequently as we can. We have never been disappointed in the food and enjoy the tastings and wine selections. We love introducing this restaurant/winery to family and friends.Special Features:
- Great food/servise - very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We've been to some of the other locations in the past. The food and service did not disappoint, but the noise level at this location is a bt high. We had a table for four and could not hear ourselves talk. We could not hear the server. I think in the future we'll stick with other locations. Some sort of soundproof insulation would go a long way here.Special Features:
- Great Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We always receive great service and outstanding food!!!! Great wine too !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food was great, service was great. He was very friendly and helpful, and patient with our group of 6 ladies. Everyone liked him. Loved the wine, we even did a wine tasting after which was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find without the winePrudentOneDined on 9/24/2014I'm not into the whole "wine culture" and much prefer a mixed drink with my dinner. Coopers Hawk is the microbrewery of the wine world - wine and wine paraphernalia are everywhere. However, there's more to Coopers Hawk than wine. Yes, the service is good, and the atmosphere is clean and contemporary. Food is the reason I continue to dine at Coopers Hawk. While the menu isn't overly extensive, all of the food is first rate. There's a little something for everyone, and I've never had anything short of a great meal at Coopers Hawk. The food is fresh and of high quality. If I could change one thing, it would be the sound level. Its' just too loud and difficult to hold a conversation. Coopers Hawk calls it energetic. I call it LOUD!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014My first visit to Cooper Hawk Winery and was more than pleasantly surprised with the ambiance, service, outstanding food and wine list. Would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who enjoys a good glass of wine and conversation.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!!LitsakiPDined on 9/21/2014We really enjoyed the food, the service and the ambiance!!! We'll come back!Special Features:
- serviceCelebrateDined on 9/21/2014Menu had alot of choices for any palette including vegan. the sangria I yearned for was a bit off and did not have my favorite cherry ! The entree also missed an item stated in the menu. But my waiter was outstanding in answering my concerns.Special Features:
- CooperDined on 9/20/2014We had a great time. the food & winewas really good in our waitress gave us excellent service.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsunkleStewDined on 9/20/2014We arrived early table was ready by our 8pm reservation The mood was high energy appetizers were great(Drunken Shrimp/Stuffed Mushrooms) Food was good (little salty Braised Short Ribs w/Risotto) Server was ok (disappeared for extended periods of time)Special Features:
- Good for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014We went here with another couple for a date night and were pleased. The food and wine were all great, we were seated promptly, service was great. Only side bar is that it was a bit pricey for the suburbs, so be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent wine!!!BWW1Dined on 9/19/2014Had a great time with friends celebrating a birthday... Great service and wonderful food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quietOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I was meeting with a friend I had not seen in many years and we wanted to enjoy a good meal, wine and be able to "talk". I was so relieved that the dining room was quiet and not frenzied. Although an incorrect meal was delievered by mistake, my server remedied that issue quickly. Also, I felt our server did a good job being aware that my friend and I wanted time to talk and did not rush us. We tried to let him know our appreciattion with our tip.Special Features:
- Good time had by AllKathyDined on 9/13/2014Diner was very enjoyable and the drink list was satisfying. We were lucky to have made reservation because there was a waiting line. The sound level was noisy but it did help that we were against a window. I have had lunch here and I found that to be more enjoyable as it is less crowded and noisy. the lunch menu has a nice variety of choices and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumPutFoodHereVIPDined on 9/13/2014Delicious food(salmon, veggie flatbread, stuffed mushrooms, calamari), tasty wine(cab zin, sangiovese), and friendly service. What else do you need?Special Features:
- Great Wine, Food, and ServicepickyeaterDined on 9/12/2014Cooper's Hawk always offers a superb dining experience. The server we had was new but well-trained and personable. Our food was excellent although a true Thai chili sauce would be a much better accompaniment to the Thai lettuce wraps than the sauces they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monte515Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent service, food is OK, not great. Overall experience is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pre-Concert DinnerMichigan630Dined on 9/12/2014We dined mid-afternoon before a concert at the Allstate Arena. The food and wine were excellent. Our part of three selected from the Healthy Selections section at the back of the menu and the portions were just right. We enjoyed the wines that came in the white wine flight very much. Our server had a good sense of humor and brought the check quickly when it was time to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food goodkj219Dined on 9/11/2014The food was good service was average. I made a note that it was my mom birthday when I rsvped and checked in but the waitress did not do anything for her. That was pretty disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DhoffVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food and service exceptional! I have never eaten anything here I didn't love. My favorite is still the short rib risotto. My husband had the fish n chips, my girls had the seared tuna which was fantastic and my other had the child's filet medallion with Mary's potatoes-her favorite. Overall no complaints, once again. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous atmosphere, terrific foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Took a client to lunch. This is a great place for a luncheon meeting. Great atmosphere and the food and service were fantastic. Easy parking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We go here often as we are members of the wine club. Best wines around. Our overall favorite restaurant for couples or groups. Excellent food always.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Me and my husband went here for lunch. We are also wine club members. We went in and had a wine tasting and ended up buying three bottles of wine and then had lunch. The food was "good". Our server was very friendly and attentive as well as all the other staff members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not recommend this locationlooking4greatdiningoutDined on 9/6/2014We like dining at Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant in South Barrington. Will never go back to the one in Arlington Heights. The noise level made for a very poor dining experience, as did our service. it started with the hostess and finding a table, then the waiter was off into another table that was also so loud, we could hear what they said and we could hardly talk. The waiter thought it funny. Very poor, our guest thought so too.
- expectations met!chinw60634Dined on 9/6/2014Wine tasting was good start to evening. Apps salads and food were above expectations and didn't overlay. Great time will do again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvfoodDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent! It was very noisy, so conversation for our group of five was difficult. Staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Great experience, but...dessertDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Cooper's Hawk. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. My daughter wanted to surprise us and went to the restaurant and ordered us a piece of chocolate cake for dessert. The manager signed off on it and said that they do this all the time. She paid $8.00 for the cake. Well, we never got the cake for dessert. Our server asked us if we wanted dessert and left the dessert menu. He never said that dessert was ordered for us. My daughter felt terrible. She thought she was doing something special for us for our anniversary and it didn't happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as always!WineLoverDined on 9/6/2014I am never disappointed when I go to Coopers Hawk.....Great food, great wine, and wonderful service!Special Features:
- Not so goodOllieDined on 9/5/2014We went to Cooper's hawk on a Friday night with reservations and were seated quickly. The complementary valet parking was great since it was raining. For the price, the food was average. My steak was not cooked as I requested and instead of cooking a new one, they put my steak on the grill in the three pieces I had cut it in and gave it back to me. We also had to repeatedly ask for drink refills. We didn't see a waiter for very long periods of time and we usually aren't very demanding customers. We weren't drinking alcohol and I wondered if that was the reason since more money is probably made off of tables who are drinking. I also heard that this location is currently without a manager and that could explain it.
- robtanaDined on 9/5/2014Very noisy restaurant. Food so-so and did not care for wine selection. Do not plan for a return trip!
- Local gemSandim25VIPDined on 9/2/2014Food, wine and service are all first rate. I just wish this location also had a patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Chilly todayReviewsMatterDined on 9/2/2014I do like this location for business meetings. On this day it was particularly cold, okay, it was freezing, but I should mention it was 11:45 and the venue was not terribly occupied yet.Special Features:
- Cooper's Hawk WineryAH80Dined on 9/1/2014Great food, great wine, friendly service. Not particularly well suited for a romantic dinner for 2 due to the wide open dining space, lack of tables for two, and the noise level. Food and wine were excellent though, prices are good, and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningAngeDined on 8/31/2014We get to Cooper's Hawk at least once a month. Sometimes my wife and I have "date night" and just sit in the bar and have appetizers and wine. At least every six weeks we meet friends for dinner. It's always great, food is always super and I'm not a wine expert but I don't know how any wine can be better than CH Pinot Noir Lux!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time is the charmEmperorEmperorDined on 8/31/2014Our first visit was disappointing. Even with reservations, we had to wait a half an hour to be seated. A server spilled a drink on my wife and then later spilled sauce on her jacket. Accidents happen, but the server hardly seemed to care and offered no apologies. This visit redeemed itself. We still had to wait a while with reservations, but our server, Alberto, was top notch. And the food was great. We'll go back again.Special Features:
- Wine and DineNickDined on 8/29/2014Obviously, a great wine selection and a fun scene up-front in the bar and tasting area. Moreover, I can't find anything on the food menu that isn't great. The staff is friendly and very inviting. I will definitely be returning many times!Special Features:
- You won't be disappointedRLNchgoDined on 8/29/2014A great night out. Food and wine were excellent. Service was very good. The decor and ambiance, i felt was romantic but would also be a great place to go with your group of friends who enjoy wine. It has a great feel to it. We will be going back there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same old,same oldChrissyDined on 8/28/2014As wine club members we dine here once a month. After a few years now we're kind of tired of the present menu. Maybe they should make it more seasonal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic = Very LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014I always liked Coopers Hawk but the noise level, at the Arlington Heights location, was so loud that our party couldn't hear each other. I thought a Wednesday night would be quieter. The food and wine are good, but not worth the visit when the noise level is ridiculous!Special Features: