Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
798 W. Algonquin Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: (847) 981-0900
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8479810900x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights - Best Restaurants in Arlington Heights ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
469 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (335)special occasion (267)good for groups (254)fit for foodies (184)romantic (163)great for lunch (130)neighborhood gem (118)hot spot (104)vibrant bar scene (89)kid-friendly (36)late-night find (33)great for brunch (24)scenic view (13)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Highly recommend!SheridanDined on 11/23/2014Coopers Hawk consistently delivers on good food and wine. Love the un-oaked chardonnay and they have one of my favorite scallop dishes. Moderately priced. Service always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Appetizers were good, especially the Ahi tuna. Skip the crab cakes - very fishy. Wish they had more wild caught fishes on the menu. At those prices I would expect wild, not farm raised. Good wine. Noisy. Happy to have made a reservation on Open Table. We were seated promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experiencefoodgirlVIPDined on 11/22/2014We dined at Coopershawk in Arlington Heights on Saturday night. The food was great, as usual, and the service outstanding. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. Their red cabernet is my favorite among many cabs i've tried, so i decided to join their wine club. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or even a casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine and localeFrankieJDined on 11/22/2014Great food and vibe make this a nice option for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We celebrated my mother's birthday and had a wonderful time. Great service, food, and environment. My children also had a great time with the kids' menu, and our server was particularly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodHeatherKDined on 11/21/2014The food was great! The appetizers were amazing! They will give you samples of wine if you want to try it before purchasing a glass, which is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wach1018Dined on 11/21/2014Service was exceptional and food was delicious; as usual. Love coming to our favorite restaurant. Always treaded with respect and with a genuine smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent.BasiaVIPDined on 11/21/2014We were seated in a nook at the back of the dining room which greatly reduced the noise level. That made this visit much more enjoyable. We live coming here. Excellent food and service always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always buzzingTastyDined on 11/19/2014Great format + Good food +. Terrific membership concept and value = winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, good food, good wine, reasonableGloraDined on 11/19/2014I will deffinately go back, it was a little loud, but the place is busy. Enjoyed the wine and food. Dessert was awesome!! ate too much. Joined the wine club.Special Features:
- Great foodbarbnDined on 11/17/2014The food was great and our server was fantastic. Celebrated my husbands birthday and he loves this place. Great wine choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomemysterydinerDined on 11/15/2014We have been to this location multiple times and have NEVER been disappointed. While we were there on our last visit we booked our Thanksgiving dinner reservations. Cannot wait to go back and celebrate the holiday with my family. Thanks for an awesome dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improved Service!foodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014The last time we were at this restaurant we had bad service but the food was very good, so we decided to give it another chance. We were NOT disappointed! Once again everything we ordered was delicious, but this time the service was up to par with the food. The last time must have been an off night, we will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the pastHappydinerDined on 11/15/2014I have been here several times. Most were very good. This past visit showed that Coopers Hawk has slipped. Service was lacking. Server tried to serve us the wine we ordered when we were halfway through our meal. We said no thanks! Server had to many tables. Never really came back to check on our meals. Manger came by we told him we had no wine. We waited then the server came back later and we said no thanks. Why didn't he get it ASAP ? Food quality was ok, not really hot. Not sure I will return. Can go to E&O for the same money and have a great meal.Special Features:
- Service was excellent!Foodie4lifeDined on 11/15/2014From the ambiance to the excellent service, this is a place I would definitely recommend to friends and family. We went on a cold, snowy night and the restaurant was really warm and cozy! It was great all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeWACHDined on 11/14/2014Everything was great! Melissa was awesome! The experience made the Birthday fantastic. We always have a most wonderful experience. The only thing better than the wine, is the staff. We are always well treated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitorfromBurbsDined on 11/14/2014Great working lunch with a vendor. Only negative was that we got there a little after 11:00 and the heat had not been running long. It was a bit cold in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the coopershawk you want for a quiet eveningMoneypennyDined on 11/13/2014The noise level in this open two story restaurant is not good for conversations. Everyone is yelling over each other. Other Coopershawks are fine, so it's just this building. Service was rather poor this time, no soup ordered brought and waited 30 minutes for food to arrive at a not so hot temp. No one ever checked on us during the meal..I would have liked another water and others wanted another beverage. Food was fair..not the usual great tasting food. Highly disappointed in this trip and probably won't go back, even tho it's only a few miles from home, I'd travel the 10 miles one way to visit another location. Sorry, but that's the truth!
- JohnDined on 11/12/2014food was good but we had to wait for everything at least for half hour with hardly anybody in the restaurant. we got our coffee after 20 minutes and deserts arrived 15 minutes later when the coffee was gone. We asked for extra bread and never received it.Special Features:
- Great winery/restaurantCocoPTDined on 11/10/2014Very good food & service was great! Always a reliable good dining experience. Spectacular appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Although the food was very tasty the filet was very small , did not seem like 7 oz. Thought some menu items were over priced. Our waitress and her service was very enjoyable. A little noisy and had to wait for a spot at the wine tasting bar. Bartender was very knowlegable and friendly though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't wait to return again.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The food was amazing! It was very easy to make reservation online. Service was outstanding! We will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseNoiseDined on 11/8/2014Exrtremely noisy I had a hard time hearing the person I was with, left with a headache most likely will not return.Special Features:
- Great experiencesittersueDined on 11/8/2014Love Cooper's Hawk, although very noisy. There food is always consistently good and the service is attentive. Of course the wines are wonderful which is how my husband and I started dining at the restaurant. We since became wine members and have attended several of the special dinners. They are fantastic and we especially love learning about wine pairings. We would highly recommend this restaurant along with doing a wine tasting in the tasting room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but noisy.EatoutDined on 11/8/2014Food is very good and the service is outstanding but it is entirely too noisy. There were 4 in our party and we had a very difficult time having conversation.Special Features:
- Great Dinner but not for GroupsBethBDined on 11/8/2014Had a reservation at 4PM for 12 guests. Upon arrival at the restaurant, we were told our table was not ready. Then 10 minutes later we were told if we were not seated within the next 5 minutes, our table would be given away. Yet it wasn't ready?? The staff at the front desk were very very rude and unaccommodating. However, once we were (finally) seated, the servers who worked our table were excellent. All food was delivered quickly, the wine glasses were never empty, the pretzel bread kept coming (yum!), and everyone's meals were absolutely wonderful. We stayed through dessert and were even able to pay with separate checks. A perfect dinner except for the large party reservation.Special Features:
- Always goodJamaicajoVIPDined on 11/8/2014Always good food. Service much better than in the past. Nice waitress. I like that I can sample the wine before purchasing, would have liked to sample the Sangria on special but they didn't offer that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Coopers Hawk is always consistent and has a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- PerfectstreakDined on 11/7/2014This was our first time at Coopers Hawk. The food was outstanding! My husband thoroughly enjoyed the wine offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coopers HawkMaddyDined on 11/7/2014The wine tasting and food was super as always! Our server wasn't as attentive as I am used to and actually packaged the wrong bottle of wine for me to take home as I am a wine club member. He wasn't a POOR server by any means. The food and fantastic as were the expresso martinis!Special Features:
- really great birthdaycrystalpistolDined on 11/6/2014When we first arrived we were welcomed with some really great wine. We had a bit of a wait past our reservation I made it for 7 we didn't get seated till a little after 7:40. It seemed busy though. Once we got seated we were offered a free appitizer because of our wait which was appreciated. Our waiter was new but got everything right and did a good job. It was my first time having dinner at coopers hawk but I had beem to another location before for lunch. Both locations were really nice I had good expierences at both and will return sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improve the serviceyellowbeanbugDined on 11/6/2014The food is fantastic, so it is a shame that every time I visit this restaurant, the service is problematic. It isn't just slow. It is really slow. And you feel forgotten. Plus they struggle to get the orders right. Very disappointing from the perspective.Special Features:
- Night OutOKGoDined on 11/4/2014The placed was packed on a Tuesday night. The service was slow (understaffed), one of the three meals had to be returned as unsatisfactory. the other two meals were fantastic, as well as the appetizers. The wine was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerGreattimesforeverDined on 11/4/2014We booked our 41 st anniversary dinner here, everything turned out was perfect. food, service, wine, plus we received complimentary glasses of wine with our dessert apple pie & ice-cream. we'll be back!Special Features:
- Good food and a wine surpriseJimRVIPDined on 11/3/2014Always interested in a glass (read bottle) of wine, I was disappointed to learn they serve nothing but their own wines. All was not lost. They do boast a broad variety of grapes and the the couple of glasses I tried were very good. The food was excellent - well prepared, presented and served. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealmkp49Dined on 11/3/2014I've been to several Cooper's Hawk and this was the best meal I've had! I had the Ahi Tuna - it was great!!Special Features:
- Cougar Town!SheiDined on 11/2/2014OMG - this is a straight-up suburban-cougar-soccer-mom hangout! The food is under-seasoned, but not horrible. I had the Prime sandwich, and with the addition of a little salt, it was pretty tasty. The ahi tacos were bland, but the Mexican shrimp was good. Forget trying to get to bar in the wine tasting area unless you are wearing mom jeans and toting a Coach bag...it is ROUGH in there.Special Features:
- Cooper's Hawk - Double WinnerWineyFoodyDined on 11/2/2014A friend and I were drawn to Cooper's Hawk for the wine and immediately became wine club members. Stayed for dinner and have been hooked ever since. We meet there at least once a month and the food and wine have always had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food and service was excellent. Keep up the great work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cammyCam2Dined on 11/1/20141st time there - it was an amazing experience from the wine tasting through dinner. Doesn't happen often where something doesn't go wrong. Our waiter (Ricardo) was the best. Very attentive, explained everything and very professional. We also joined the club. The food was delicious. Steak cooked to perfection. Definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.