Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
798 W. Algonquin Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8479810900
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8479810900x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights - Best Restaurants in Arlington Heights ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Arlington Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
468 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (330)special occasion (284)good for groups (249)fit for foodies (175)romantic (170)great for lunch (138)neighborhood gem (100)vibrant bar scene (88)hot spot (85)kid-friendly (50)late-night find (32)great for brunch (27)scenic view (14)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We had a great time. the food & winewas really good in our waitress gave us excellent service.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We arrived early table was ready by our 8pm reservation The mood was high energy appetizers were great(Drunken Shrimp/Stuffed Mushrooms) Food was good (little salty Braised Short Ribs w/Risotto) Server was ok (disappeared for extended periods of time)Special Features:
- Great food, excellent wine!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Had a great time with friends celebrating a birthday... Great service and wonderful food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quietOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I was meeting with a friend I had not seen in many years and we wanted to enjoy a good meal, wine and be able to "talk". I was so relieved that the dining room was quiet and not frenzied. Although an incorrect meal was delievered by mistake, my server remedied that issue quickly. Also, I felt our server did a good job being aware that my friend and I wanted time to talk and did not rush us. We tried to let him know our appreciattion with our tip.Special Features:
- Good time had by AllKathyDined on 9/13/2014Diner was very enjoyable and the drink list was satisfying. We were lucky to have made reservation because there was a waiting line. The sound level was noisy but it did help that we were against a window. I have had lunch here and I found that to be more enjoyable as it is less crowded and noisy. the lunch menu has a nice variety of choices and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumPutFoodHereVIPDined on 9/13/2014Delicious food(salmon, veggie flatbread, stuffed mushrooms, calamari), tasty wine(cab zin, sangiovese), and friendly service. What else do you need?Special Features:
- Great Wine, Food, and ServicepickyeaterDined on 9/12/2014Cooper's Hawk always offers a superb dining experience. The server we had was new but well-trained and personable. Our food was excellent although a true Thai chili sauce would be a much better accompaniment to the Thai lettuce wraps than the sauces they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monte515Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent service, food is OK, not great. Overall experience is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pre-Concert DinnerMichigan630Dined on 9/12/2014We dined mid-afternoon before a concert at the Allstate Arena. The food and wine were excellent. Our part of three selected from the Healthy Selections section at the back of the menu and the portions were just right. We enjoyed the wines that came in the white wine flight very much. Our server had a good sense of humor and brought the check quickly when it was time to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food goodkj219Dined on 9/11/2014The food was good service was average. I made a note that it was my mom birthday when I rsvped and checked in but the waitress did not do anything for her. That was pretty disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DhoffVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food and service exceptional! I have never eaten anything here I didn't love. My favorite is still the short rib risotto. My husband had the fish n chips, my girls had the seared tuna which was fantastic and my other had the child's filet medallion with Mary's potatoes-her favorite. Overall no complaints, once again. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous atmosphere, terrific foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Took a client to lunch. This is a great place for a luncheon meeting. Great atmosphere and the food and service were fantastic. Easy parking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We go here often as we are members of the wine club. Best wines around. Our overall favorite restaurant for couples or groups. Excellent food always.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Me and my husband went here for lunch. We are also wine club members. We went in and had a wine tasting and ended up buying three bottles of wine and then had lunch. The food was "good". Our server was very friendly and attentive as well as all the other staff members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not recommend this locationlooking4greatdiningoutDined on 9/6/2014We like dining at Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant in South Barrington. Will never go back to the one in Arlington Heights. The noise level made for a very poor dining experience, as did our service. it started with the hostess and finding a table, then the waiter was off into another table that was also so loud, we could hear what they said and we could hardly talk. The waiter thought it funny. Very poor, our guest thought so too.
- expectations met!chinw60634Dined on 9/6/2014Wine tasting was good start to evening. Apps salads and food were above expectations and didn't overlay. Great time will do again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvfoodDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent! It was very noisy, so conversation for our group of five was difficult. Staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Great experience, but...dessertDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Cooper's Hawk. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. My daughter wanted to surprise us and went to the restaurant and ordered us a piece of chocolate cake for dessert. The manager signed off on it and said that they do this all the time. She paid $8.00 for the cake. Well, we never got the cake for dessert. Our server asked us if we wanted dessert and left the dessert menu. He never said that dessert was ordered for us. My daughter felt terrible. She thought she was doing something special for us for our anniversary and it didn't happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as always!WineLoverDined on 9/6/2014I am never disappointed when I go to Coopers Hawk.....Great food, great wine, and wonderful service!Special Features:
- Not so goodOllieDined on 9/5/2014We went to Cooper's hawk on a Friday night with reservations and were seated quickly. The complementary valet parking was great since it was raining. For the price, the food was average. My steak was not cooked as I requested and instead of cooking a new one, they put my steak on the grill in the three pieces I had cut it in and gave it back to me. We also had to repeatedly ask for drink refills. We didn't see a waiter for very long periods of time and we usually aren't very demanding customers. We weren't drinking alcohol and I wondered if that was the reason since more money is probably made off of tables who are drinking. I also heard that this location is currently without a manager and that could explain it.
- robtanaDined on 9/5/2014Very noisy restaurant. Food so-so and did not care for wine selection. Do not plan for a return trip!
- Local gemSandim25VIPDined on 9/2/2014Food, wine and service are all first rate. I just wish this location also had a patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Chilly todayReviewsMatterDined on 9/2/2014I do like this location for business meetings. On this day it was particularly cold, okay, it was freezing, but I should mention it was 11:45 and the venue was not terribly occupied yet.Special Features:
- Cooper's Hawk WineryAH80Dined on 9/1/2014Great food, great wine, friendly service. Not particularly well suited for a romantic dinner for 2 due to the wide open dining space, lack of tables for two, and the noise level. Food and wine were excellent though, prices are good, and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningAngeDined on 8/31/2014We get to Cooper's Hawk at least once a month. Sometimes my wife and I have "date night" and just sit in the bar and have appetizers and wine. At least every six weeks we meet friends for dinner. It's always great, food is always super and I'm not a wine expert but I don't know how any wine can be better than CH Pinot Noir Lux!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time is the charmEmperorEmperorDined on 8/31/2014Our first visit was disappointing. Even with reservations, we had to wait a half an hour to be seated. A server spilled a drink on my wife and then later spilled sauce on her jacket. Accidents happen, but the server hardly seemed to care and offered no apologies. This visit redeemed itself. We still had to wait a while with reservations, but our server, Alberto, was top notch. And the food was great. We'll go back again.Special Features:
- Wine and DineNickDined on 8/29/2014Obviously, a great wine selection and a fun scene up-front in the bar and tasting area. Moreover, I can't find anything on the food menu that isn't great. The staff is friendly and very inviting. I will definitely be returning many times!Special Features:
- You won't be disappointedRLNchgoDined on 8/29/2014A great night out. Food and wine were excellent. Service was very good. The decor and ambiance, i felt was romantic but would also be a great place to go with your group of friends who enjoy wine. It has a great feel to it. We will be going back there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same old,same oldChrissyDined on 8/28/2014As wine club members we dine here once a month. After a few years now we're kind of tired of the present menu. Maybe they should make it more seasonal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic = Very LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014I always liked Coopers Hawk but the noise level, at the Arlington Heights location, was so loud that our party couldn't hear each other. I thought a Wednesday night would be quieter. The food and wine are good, but not worth the visit when the noise level is ridiculous!Special Features:
- 1st reactionED1106Dined on 8/27/2014Food, wine and service were exceptional. Noise level was over the top. We asked for a nice table for our anniversary and were seated between a group of 10 and a group of 4 inebriated women who were shouting at each other. Comp champagne was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Terrible servicecsloan20Dined on 8/27/2014To start off with Coopers Hawk is one of my favorite restaurants. The food and wine are both excellent and I am also part of the wine club. However it seems to have terrible service anytime I go and sit in the dining room. Last night was exceptionally terrible. Our server, Angie S, seemed less than thrilled to be taking care of us. She never smiled, was cold, and lacked personality. When we went to pay the bill she walked past grabbed the book and ran our card. Sadly for her she had to repeat the transaction because I had $20 off for being a wine club member. Of course she would have seen that if she ran my wine club card which she did not. I had to have the manager add my points.Special Features:
- should have come before nowdauberDined on 8/26/2014Didn't realize how cool this place is. Liked the wine sampling to help a novice pick from all the possibilitiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great goodbarbnDined on 8/26/2014I usually get a dinner but this time I got the southwest chicken sandwich and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Tracy BTracyBDined on 8/23/2014We tend to frequent a different cooper's hawk and I must say that the noise level in AH is just awful! It is so loud in there its hard to hear yourself think. And no, I am not old either, they really need to do something about the noise. I will continue to dine at the other locations. Two thumbs down for Arlington Heights.Special Features:
- Great service, decent foodVoulaVIPDined on 8/23/2014The venue can accommodate very large groups and events. There are so many items on the menu there is something for everyone. I would recommend pairing down the food items on the menu and making them taste better. That also applies to all the wines that are made by Cooper's Hawk. The wines are not for a refined palate.Special Features:
- Great Food and WinechitealatteDined on 8/22/2014Went here to use up our 1st anniversary gift card. While the prices are hefty, you get what you pay for. They let you taste the wines before you order them, and the food was outstanding. I will definitely come back, but only when I have the fund for it. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.....but too loudmimijudysDined on 8/22/2014This could be a great restaurant, but the noise level is completely overwhelming. We had a party of six and it was impossible to have a decent conversation because of the loudness in the the room. The food in quite good but unfortunately none of us will be returning to the Arlington Heights location because of the noise level.Special Features:
- Wonderful food- but way to loud!KarencDined on 8/22/2014The good here is always good. The grouper is moist and flavorful. But the restaurant is so loud it's hard to relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- baileyDined on 8/22/2014Perfect place for a celebration dinner, outstanding wine list, delicious entree options- burgers, flatbreads, and salads are great options for less than $20 and very high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.