Cool River Cafe - Denver
8000 East Belleview Ave #C-10
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cool River Cafe - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coolrivercafe.com/
- Phone: 3037714117
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Lytisha Mullings
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cool River Cafe - Denver
Cool River is an upscale steakhouse and southwestern grill featuring fresh seafood and certified Angus beef for lunch and dinner. We feature a full service bar and an award winning wine list. We also have the Denver Tech Centers premier private dining space for your social or business events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Cool River Cafe - Denver - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Cool River Cafe - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)great for lunch (28)good for groups (25)romantic (23)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (14)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Confused - Restaurant Week???Time2EatDined on 8/26/2014If you are making a reservation here for restaurant week, don't bother. Although they are listed as participating (with a menu posted), they had no abbreviated menu at prix fixe, it was full menu. That being said, my Prime Rib was fantastic and the scalloped potatoes as good as I remember from Dallas.Special Features:
- Another great experiencevinodudeDined on 8/23/2014Once again, we had a great meal with great service. This place remains one of my favorites for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool River Cafe - A Cool PlaceJedi67Dined on 8/22/2014I hadn't visited Cool River Cafe in several years not because it's not a great venue, but there are so many great eateries in Denver, it can be a challenge too make it back to the same location twice in a Calendar year. Cool River Cafe is right on par with Ocean Prime, Shanahan's, and Elways. This is a great place to take a date as well as a great place for any special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner.DiningmissdaiseyDined on 8/22/2014Our server was polite and congenial. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, yummy foodPingDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful food selections and very attentive and friendly waitstaffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014After spending a week in the Denver Tech Center I was ready for an upscale meal. Cool River Cafe was recommended and from start to finish I must say I was totally impress with the food and the service. The ahi tuna was awesome, the salad was great, the salmon was perfect and the creme brulee completed my experience to a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioIdahoTravelerDined on 8/6/2014We had a small group for a business discussion over lunch. Sat outside under the umbrellas, under the much quieter patio. Both food and service were very good. We all had salads, two steak and one chicken pecan, and we all left satisfied. The staff was very accommodating when we shifted with the sun, to a more shaded table later in our meal. I will definitely come back for the food and when weather permits, the patio.Special Features:
- DisappointedCologolfsterDined on 7/30/2014Dined with 4 friends. Service was poor to downright snotty. One friend ordered a specific Scotch and when the waitress brought something very different her response was.."well I didn't pour it!" She continually interrupted our conversations, was very slow and seemed "offended" when another friend told her nicely that his lamb chops were so tough that he couldn't cut them with a steak knife (unfortunately very true). And, there was no offer to make things right. Likewise, my prime rib was so tough I could barely chew/eat it, maybe 2 ounces out of the 16 ounce portion was edible. I didn't complain because I felt it would fall on deaf ears. I will say that the other 3 meals were fine. So, not a night dining-wise I would want to repeat.
- dinner with friendsMonphyDined on 7/26/2014We met up for dinner with freinds. The dinner was great and your service was excellent.Special Features:
- Overall goodDitlyDined on 7/23/2014Overall the night was good but with two main problems. The first was my martini tasted more like vermouth than vodka even after extra dry was specified. Second was a filet that should have been medium but was well done. Otherwise it was a good experience and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ULtimate power lunchTomSFVIPDined on 7/22/2014Great food and fast service. I had the venison which can be risky at most places however since I was traveling from San Francisco, we don't see that very often. It was prepared just right. Very moist and tender. We sat in a very comfortable booth that gave us the feeling of privacy for our business lunchSpecial Features:
- mixed on one itemmopsyDined on 7/21/20143 of the 4 of us loved the dinner but i made the mistake of asking for well done lamb chops after wait person gave me choice of how to cook them, rare, medium, well done & I chose well done but i asked there be no charred blackened meat. it came burned all over, a bit of pink in middle of one. i couldn't cut any of the 4 chops with the steak knife. I just took it home and then discarded it i couldn't even cut the chops apart and they were tough. his was my first bad experience well done to you all means burned and inedible.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJustMyOpinionDined on 7/15/2014We chose Cool River for a family birthday celebrationn. The food choices were exceptional and the food was well prepared, with just a bit of a twist on it to make it interesting. We had the shellfish, venison and chicken. All done to perfection. The main dining area on the lower can be a bit loud for quiet conversation, but all in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse? not reallySteakloverDined on 7/15/2014Tasteless bread, undersized baked potato, bland steak. Was not asked to check the inside of the steak like they do at del friscos and shanahans. Steak was not served on a really hot plate. Overpriced for a "steakhouse". rather overpriced for the quality of the meal. Wait staff was not engaging. Indicated that we had 2 birthdays and wait staff seemed not to notice, although the restaurant left 2 birthday cards on the table. However, the ribs served at our table were excellent. Scallops wrapped in bacon were ok.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014I took three clients there -- the food was great, our server very attentive, but not in the way, and all three gentlemen said their food was great. I had the salmon with beefsteak tomatos! it was perfect size, and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- For a Special OccassionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Service was very attentive - the Salmon was too dry. Still a very nice location for a special occasion. The Saturday night bar was dead. Overall pricing definitely over priced.Special Features:
- Very good, not outstandingMoonWomanVIPDined on 7/1/2014My office staff often choose Cool River for special occasions...birthdays, in particular. The food is always very good...and sometimes it's outstanding. This visit just didn't quite make outstanding although the french fries were excellent as was the blackened salmon on the Caesar salad. The venison, ordered medium rare, was very rare. Chocolate mousse cake got rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentgevJimDined on 6/19/2014Having been to Cool River 6 or 7 times over several years, I have never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- good food and servicetubulesDined on 6/18/2014Had a great experience on this second visit to this restaurant. Unfortunately my husband's prime rib was cooked inappropriately, well instead of medium, but the server was adamant about taking it back and making it right and a manager spoke with us to personally apologize and in addition to correcting the meal he wanted us to know the steak was on them. A free steak for his birthday was a great present for my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic for lunchForgottenVIPDined on 6/13/2014Besides getting a great meal, you just feel special at Cool River.
- Ms BeeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2014I have dined at Cool River, before but this time, our waitress was not at all attentive to our group or were we ever offered water or service by the wait staff. The hostesses were courteous and assisted us with photographs at the close of our meal, but we timed it that for over twenty minutes, no one checked on our table after we received our meal to see if we were satisfied. I have never been treated in this manner, before and I invited several ladies because, previously, the food and the service were wonderful. I was disappointed with our waitress.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceChillzDined on 6/4/2014Enjoyed an evening with my spouse for our anniversary. Amazing food with even better service. Great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentgreatfoodforallDined on 5/29/2014We enjoy celebrating special occasions at Cool River. We have never had a bad experience while dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchEdithDined on 5/22/2014Nice place to go to lunch, not too noisy but has a very vibrant feel in the restaruant. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Very goodPhoenixDined on 5/13/2014I only had a salad here but it was fresh and tasty. My only suggestion would be for the restaurant to offer more "lunch options" of full meals but small plates. I don't want a $20 lunch but I settled on the salad due to the limited lunch options. This place might be better for dinner.Special Features:
- A new favorite.kagnetDined on 5/11/2014This will be my favorite south metro 'steak house' from now on. Service outstanding. Beautiful decor. Surf and turf dinner special for Mothers Day was excellent. My steak was high quality and cooked perfectly. Great wedge salad. Rick, our server was superb. Extensive wine list, I thought was also reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Great placeMariaDined on 5/11/2014We went for brunch because somebody recommended and it was great! I would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers dayKristiDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time for the Mother's Day brunch at Cool River. The buffet was easy to maneuver, even when crowded. The food was delicious, fresh, with a great selection. It was well worth the price. The service was excellent, our dirty plates were swept away frequently, and Ann, our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Mother's Day BrunchkokosadieDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I enjoyed Mother's Day Brunch at Cool River. It was a cold, snowy morning and we were seated in a cozy room next to the fireplace. After ordering a mimosa and coffee, we headed off to the large buffet area, where there was a wide variety of breakfast foods (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, cheese blintzes, fruit, cheeses, muffins, bagels, ham) as well as lunch entrees (salmon, salads, deli platter, mac and cheese, roast beef, chicken enchiladas, asparagus, etc). We also managed to squeeze in some room for dessert, including brownies and assorted cakes. The staff was very attentive. Overall, a wonderfully satisfying dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestLindaBDined on 5/6/2014cool river is nice but expensive. our waitress didn't seem to know exactly what was going on. didn't know the specials until we asked. our service was marginal at best. wasn't the experience we were anticipatingI would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor patio funzempgalDined on 5/3/2014Great outdoor bar ombiance with the firepit! Go have a drink and relax in a quiet setting!Special Features:
- Delightful Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2014We have been to Cool River several times and we come back because we love the people there and the food is always great. It is a great dining experience. The Manager and Sommelier, Craig, gave us an awesome suggestion on the wine and Chad, our server, was delightful and attentive!Special Features:
- The following 943 reviews are from the Cool River Cafe - Denver reviews archive.
- mediocreeetsDined on 4/26/2014The food was luke warm. I expected more from a restaurant with such a reputation. Service was slow and poor. Atmosphere was appealing...Special Features:
- Very disappointingerikcDined on 4/26/2014Cool River seems to want to be a "real" steakhouse, but it has very far to go. Ambience was nice, greeting was friendly, but it all went downhill from there. My daughter's crab cakes were served on a plate so hot that the sauce actually bubbled and sizzled while we watched. Sort of like a sizzling fajita platter, but not nearly as tasty or fun. I ordered the bone in filet special. Steak was undercooked and the quality of the meat was incredibly disappointing. Didn't know that filet could have so much gristle and fat. At $49 for an 11oz filet, Cool River is WAY out of its league. Also ordered a side dish which never arrived, yet was on the bill anyway. Should have stayed home and cooked a steak from Tony's Market. Won't return.
- Solid ChoiceSandyVIPDined on 4/25/2014We've dined here a few times with mixed experiences. This visit was the best so far. Prime rib was tender and flavorful as we're the Bacon wrapped Scallops! Service was very attentive with a table stop by the manager. Waited a bit too long for the check. Love the reconfigured bar area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Easter buffet ever!BrendaDined on 4/20/2014Anything you could ever dream of eating on Easter was available to enjoy and everything tasted amazing. Great service, awesome atmosphere and fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchBleighDined on 4/20/2014We have been there before for Easter brunch and have been impressed. This time not so much. The breads and pastries were pretty stale. Crab legs were so small it was not worth the effort to crack the shell. Most of the dishes were warm at best and the desserts tasted very odd. It appears that the quality of food has decreased considerably. Maybe they are under new management, not sure. Years past I would highly recommend, not so much any more.Special Features:
- Great Easter Brunchtwocat55Dined on 4/20/2014This is the second year I have had Easter brunch at Cool River and it is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014I haven't been there for brunch before, but found them punctual for the reservation. Food selection and quality was great! A little noisy but the place was full. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014This is the 2nd time we have been here for Easter brunch and we had a great time. Food was fresh and varied and the service was outstanding. Our server was really fun!Special Features: