Cool River Cafe - Denver
8000 East Belleview Ave #C-10
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cool River Cafe - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coolrivercafe.com/
- Phone: (303) 771-4117
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Lytisha Mullings
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cool River Cafe - Denver
Cool River is an upscale steakhouse and southwestern grill featuring fresh seafood and certified Angus beef for lunch and dinner. We feature a full service bar and an award winning wine list. We also have the Denver Tech Centers premier private dining space for your social or business events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cool River Cafe - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (23)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (8)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Gluten free friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/11/2014Cool River is very gluten- free friendly. Staff are informed and make the ordering process easy. Excellent restaurant for business lunches. Food is tasty and noise level is low enough to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place... never disappointsRancher203Dined on 3/1/2014We are a younger couple, but Cool River always treats us with great respect and is very kind to us. I would highly recommend this place. While it is expensive the food is worth the cost. Very romantic and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodWillbBackDined on 2/28/2014Came for restaurant week and it's been awhile since I've been there. Love the new decor and the food was excellent. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatChanceDined on 2/28/2014We have been to cool River several times and love the food, ambience and service. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a favfoodluvDined on 2/28/2014We seemed to be one of the youngest couples dining, on top of being there for Restaurant week, the salads didn't come out before our dinner. The 3 Forks Salad that we ordered barely had dressing on it. The waiter and manager apologized for the salads, yet did nothing about our bill or offered to comp anything. Food was decent, but for the price not worth it. We won't be returning.
- Restaurant WeekBobnjanDined on 2/28/2014The occasion was Restaurant Week so our expectations were not too high but they exceeded them significantly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingDisappointedDined on 2/28/2014We were very disappointed in our dining experience at Cool River. Our reservation was at 5:30 and the restaurant was not yet busy. We were seated quickly however it was almost five minutes before our server came to our table. Drinks, salads and main course were not delivered at the same time it took many minutes between when two of us were serve and the other two received their dishes. We ordered and appetizer which came after our salads and within just a few minutes of receiving our appetizer our main course was delivered. Following dinner we received our check only to notice that we received a check for a two top not the four top that we occupied. All in all a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- BRING BACK THE PASTsd75Dined on 2/28/2014WE USE TO FREQUENT COOL RIVER A FEW YEARS AGO. LAST WEEK WE DECIDED TO GO AND WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. THEY TRIED TO SEAT US NEAR THE KITCHEN ENTRANCE, GIVEN THE DINNING AREA WAS EMPTY I REQUESTED A BETTER BOOTH AFTER THE THIRD TRY THEY GOT IT RIGHT THE FOOD WAS NOT HIGH ON OUR PAST EXPECTATIONS. THE STEAD OVERCOOKED, CREAM CORN MUST HAVE UNDERGONE A CHANGE IN THE RECEPE THERE WAS ENOUGH TASTELESS ASPARAGUS TO FEED A SMALL NATION THE BAR AREA NOISE WAS TERRIBLY NOISY AND SPILLED OVER INTO THE DINNING AREASpecial Features:
- Cool River Cafe is AMAZING!!JWixDined on 2/27/2014I was pleased with every dish I was served the food was fantastic!! The service was a little slow in some spots, overall GREAT experience!!Special Features:
- Good pickautumnDined on 2/27/2014A "restaurant week" pick so I expected a somewhat noisy & rushed experience. It didn't happen. The place was crowded, but our group of 4 was seated immediately with a waiter appearing within 5 minutes. Great, price varied wine list. Our waiter was attentive and personable without "hovering". My shrimp was fantastic, my husband enjoyed his salmon and our fellow dinners commented favorably on their steak. The deserts-- chocolate mouse and cheesecake were excellent. The restaurant is gorgeous, soaring ceiling with seatings at various levels. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was enjoyable. Service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/27/2014It was enjoyable. Food & service was very good. We were seated in a booth, which was quiet allowing a nice atmosphere for conversation. Overall a very pleasant experience. I plan to retun for outdoor experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2014Superb food, inviting ambience, excellent service - a delightful Restaurant Week experience! We'll be back.Special Features:
- WonderfulJulesDined on 2/25/2014We had a wonderful time at Cool River. The service was great, with even the General Manager and Manager visiting our table throughout the night. A very nice touch. Cappuccino Cheesecake was decadent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak!!MarymDined on 2/25/2014The steak I had (a filet) was so tender I could have cut it with a fork! This was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Went for 5280 week and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2014Went for 5280 week and the filet was outstanding and cooked perfectly. Best steak I ave ever had at a restaurant. It was as good as Del Friscos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver Restaurant WeekballparkmomDined on 2/24/2014I was delighted with the service, the Restaurant Week Menu, the top quality proteins and the Spanish Granacha. Go on a weeknight when the bar scene cools down. Attentive friendly servers, great architecture and ambience.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceParkerResidentDined on 2/24/2014Great Food, pleasant atmosphere, and wonderful attentive staff.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week 2014cemmDined on 2/24/2014The food at Cool River was great (ceasar salad, tenderloin, mashed, asparagras, chocolate mousse cake) and a good value for Restaurant Week 2014. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Overall ratingchickDined on 2/24/2014The Denver Restarant Week attrached us to Cool River. The hostess was extremely quick to find our reservation and did seat us in a nice private booth. The wait staff was very responsive. While looking at their regular menu prices, it will be a place to eat on special occasions. The food was extremely good and portions very adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver restaurant week treatDineoutDined on 2/24/2014Nice quiet place to dine. Service was great and the food was super. Diner was correct as served. Our second time there and will be on our repeat visit list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousdinneroutDined on 2/24/2014Dinner was delicious but feel "half price wine" during happy hour was pricey at $7.50Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2014From the moment we walked in the door until we walked out, the staff made us feel important. Immediate seating, attention to our needs, and great communication led to a great experience. We went for the 5280 menu since we had never been there before. Our waiter was very informative of the best dishes of the day and guided us to the right selections. The food was well prepared, attractively presented, and ...tasty!! And the Cappuccino Cheesecake...to die for. I would recommend this great experience to everyone.Special Features:
- waitress had no personality,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014waitress had no personality, never talked about the menu and obviously inexperienced. she took the plates away from the men when the women were still eating which makes them feel like they are eating too much so they stopped, even though they aren't done yet. ffod bland,portions small. we were there for 5280 week so maybe that's why the portions were so small, but the prices were really high. The salad and dessert were awesome, but the rest was just OK at best. I thought over all it was overpriced, stuffy stuck up people and not worth it. Plus , when I got home I had some GI upset from the food I paid so much for :(
- Good Food -- Give it a tryImafoodieDined on 2/22/2014We made reservations and were seated promptly when we arrived. Very friendly staff, good service and the food was very good. We were seated in the room to the left of the main dining area. There was a fire place and it was quaint, but there was a large party in there which made it very noisy. I would definitely go to this restaurant again, but would recommend sitting in the large circular dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic dinnerHappywifeDined on 2/22/2014Great food, service and ambience. Really nice evening. Some places dumb down their menu for Denver restaurant week. Not Cool River. Good portions, unique tastesSpecial Features:
- Denver Restaurant Weekhappy2helpDined on 2/22/2014We hadn't had the opportunity to eat at The Cool River Cafe so we decided to make a reservation there for Denver Restaurant Week. Making a reservation was easy on Open Table! We were pleasantly surprised when we entered the establishment; it is much bigger inside than it appears from the street and feels open and light. We were early, but taken immediately to our table by a friendly host. The bench seat has seen better days and the decor is somewhat dated. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. The food arrived in a timely fashion. It was good, especially the petite filet, but the salmon was slightly overcooked. The experience was very nice and we would recommend the restaurant to friends, but we weren't amazed....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a delightful dinner--itmbm1Dined on 2/22/2014It was a delightful dinner--it was a good value for 5280 week!
- Good but not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/15/2014Nice restaurant. However, with the other choices in this area it is highly unlikely that we will be going back.
- Valentine DinnerJonathanN51Dined on 2/14/2014I normally do not go out on busy nights but chose to go here because of the lay out of tables and the service is normally outstanding. Tonight did not disappoint us at all! We had a wonderful meal excellent service and a relaxing meal. Ask for a table or booth upstairs for a table away from the bar area if you are looking for a quieter area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had dinner on ValentinesleeloDined on 2/14/2014We had dinner on Valentines and were very pleased with the food and service for a holiday. Some soft music would have been nice but the restaurant has a lot of ambiance even without it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMellieDined on 2/13/2014The valet was super as he helped me get my dad's walker from the trunk. The hostess managed a noon crowd with ease. The atmosphere is top with sweeping windows, rock and heavy wood all around. But the food, it just wasn't what it should be. Granted I realize Cool River is a franchise, but still I AM perplexed as to how this mediocre restaurant thrives. Our luncheon salads and burgers were uninspired. No pizzaz.
- One of my favorites!CamRDined on 2/13/2014Great place for business lunches and dinners. Consistently wonderful food, service, location and ambience. The menu is diverse and so is the great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency Is What Brings Me BackRichVIPDined on 2/10/2014Great salmon! Great steaks! Great 3 forks salad and Bread Pudding that is different than all the rest. Great sides! Overall this is a moderate to higher priced spot that we visit often because of the consistency it providesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a little too noisy for us.GaryDined on 2/8/2014There was a bit too much noise coming from the bar area. It made discussions around the dinner table a bit difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for dinner w/ friends.GailDined on 2/7/2014Excellent food and service in a relatively quiet setting makes this an ideal place to have dinner and enjoy conversation with friends. The interior is a pleasant surprise given the setting in a business strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedhhrichardsonDined on 2/7/2014This was my first time here, and probably my last. Was hoping for an upscale steakhouse experience, and it felt more like a Furr's cafeteria. Tables were bare wood, no tablecloths. The main dining room is under this big dome, which is great, but lighting is all up there, and not down here on the table where we could have used it. Waiter was young and clueless. Missed the sauce I'd ordered. When he cleared the plates, we intended to wait a bit for the steaks to settle and then order expressos or aperitifs, and perhaps dessert. He totally missed the chance to make a bigger sale by bringing the check and saying, "I'll take that when you're ready". Steaks were adequate to good, had scalloped potatoes and mushrooms, both good, not memorable.
- Cool River Cafe is HotTheBigPillDined on 2/6/2014We've eaten here three times for some celebrations and have never been disappointed. We've enjoyed six of their entrees and they have been well prepared and beautifully presented. The creme brûlée is an outstanding way to end the meal. I want to especially note the fantastic service. From the moment you are greeted upon entry until you receive the bill, the staff is hospitable, personable, and appropriately attentive at each course of the meal. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing againJulieVIPDined on 2/6/2014I unfortunately have not been impressed by my meals here. I order the mango chicken salad but will choose something else next time as the chicken was overcooked and dry, the mangoes were not ripe, and the iceberg lettuce doesn't offer any nutritional value or taste.
- coolhungryDined on 1/29/2014As usual, we enjoyed Cool River. The food and service are always consistent and usually quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2014Everything was good, (food, ambience, service), but nothing was great. Because of this, the price seems a bit high in retrospect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.