Cool River Cafe - Denver
8000 East Belleview Ave #C-10
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cool River Cafe - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coolrivercafe.com/
- Phone: 3037714117
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Lytisha Mullings
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cool River Cafe - Denver
Cool River is an upscale steakhouse and southwestern grill featuring fresh seafood and certified Angus beef for lunch and dinner. We feature a full service bar and an award winning wine list. We also have the Denver Tech Centers premier private dining space for your social or business events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Cool River Cafe - Denver - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Cool River Cafe - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)good for groups (25)romantic (23)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (9)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very good experience...KarenDined on 9/25/2014I had the haddock special. It was delicious, albeit a large portion, so I took it home to eat for lunch the next day. It was actually 2 days later before I got to eat it, and the fish was still fresh and delicious! Not every restaurant could/would serve fish this fresh. The rice was excellently seasoned, the vegetables were perfect as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid RestaurantColoradoEatsVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food is good, service is good. Nothing will wow you, but they are very consistent.Special Features:
- Great steak placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Great steaks! Love all the sides that come with meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awfulDenverFoodieDined on 9/20/2014I have been to Cool River several times, the service has always been excellent and the food wonderful. However my most recent visit was less that I have come to expect at best and really poor. We were not greeted by our server for almost 10 minutes affter sitting down, we did not even have water to drink! I was just ready to go complain when our waitress came to take our drink order. We then waited for what seemed like a longer time than normal for our drinks. The food was hot and was delivered by someone other than our server. We did not see our server until close to the end of our meal, the busboy worked harder than she did! I will give them another chance but I was very dissapointed.
- Pretty good but other optionsXmasnitesaveVIPDined on 9/20/2014I must say at first glance the menu looked intriguing. Yes its another high price steakhouse in the Denver area, but the reviews and overall score here sold us on giving it a try. On a whole the entire experience was just OK. No specific complaints. My wife's Filet looked a tad small for the cut size she ordered, the center of my baked potato was cold to the touch, but the Prime Rib cut was huge but very fatty,we skipped desert as it seemed underwhelming, and for the price I would probably just not bother again. The do have what appears to be a nice outdoor patio but we always pick indoors since it looked like rain maybe Oh and the clientele ran from business casual (us) to T-shirts and flip flops. Will try elsewhere next time.
- Great Special Occasion SpotgoldenvisitorDined on 9/18/2014Cool River has incredible food and a great atmosphere. It is, however, pretty expensive. Not a good choice for just a regular meal out, but wonderful for a birthday, anniversary, or the like. My friend and I had a great time celebrating his birthday. This was our second visit, as we celebrated my birthday there last year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEclecticEaterDined on 9/17/2014Great food, attentive service, seating area not too dense or noisy. The manager was out on the floor interacting with guests directly. Impressive wine list and painstaking attention to detail. I will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bashestrella4eatsDined on 9/14/2014The family took me out for a birthday dinner on Sunday and everyone had a fantastic meal! The service was great and the food fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love to come here for lunch -SCMKSDined on 9/12/2014My favorite meal is the III Forks Blackened Salmon & I love that I don't have to wait until it is a special! I can order it anytime I want & I usually do. Best ever in my opinion.Special Features:
- VERY POOR SERVICE.CraigDined on 9/9/2014After 15 mins I had to find a waiter. We wont be back. I used to take my teams there. Poor choice of wine by glass. Too expensive for qualitySpecial Features:
- Restaurant WeekkimmyDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I ordered off the Restaurant Week menu and our food was very good. My salmon was cooked just right. Unfortunately, we were seated upstairs, which was the first time we have eaten up there, and the ambiance was nothing like it is downstairs. It's like two completely different restaurants. The service was very disjointed. Our menus were closed before anyone came by to ask us if we wanted a drink. Someone else came by a little later to see if our server had been by yet. Still someone else brought out the salad and a different person brought out the meal and my husband's was the wrong order. We have eaten here before and really enjoyed it and will go back again, but will definetly ask to be seated downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool River is coolOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Love this place. Went for dinner with friends, had an awesome time and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great setting for business dinnerRaisin226VIPDined on 8/28/2014Met a colleague for a late dinner and found the service excellent: responsive and accommodating.Special Features:
- Good dining experiencePatio14pattyDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant week menu was a pleasant surprise with several entree choices and generous sides. We were seated promptly and the food was good. I had the shrimp which was good but had too much sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekIandMDined on 8/27/2014We went here for the first time during restaurant week. Some of the items we ordered were fantastic - others just so-so. The filet my husband had was fantastic, however we ordered the cab cakes as an appetizer and these tasted like they came out of a box from the freezer. Would come again, but would be very selective about what we order!Special Features:
- Confused - Restaurant Week???Time2EatDined on 8/26/2014If you are making a reservation here for restaurant week, don't bother. Although they are listed as participating (with a menu posted), they had no abbreviated menu at prix fixe, it was full menu. That being said, my Prime Rib was fantastic and the scalloped potatoes as good as I remember from Dallas.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week TreatDineoutDined on 8/26/2014This visit during Restaurant Week was a real treat. Food and service both excellent. Good location near I25 and Bellview with easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280 Week in AugustBobnjanDined on 8/25/2014Time for annual foray into the more expensive dining arena, so we tried Cool River (again). Still not disappointed with the ambience, service or the food and we'll probably make this our go-to for special occasions.Special Features:
- Another great experiencevinodudeDined on 8/23/2014Once again, we had a great meal with great service. This place remains one of my favorites for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool River Cafe - A Cool PlaceJedi67Dined on 8/22/2014I hadn't visited Cool River Cafe in several years not because it's not a great venue, but there are so many great eateries in Denver, it can be a challenge too make it back to the same location twice in a Calendar year. Cool River Cafe is right on par with Ocean Prime, Shanahan's, and Elways. This is a great place to take a date as well as a great place for any special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner.DiningmissdaiseyDined on 8/22/2014Our server was polite and congenial. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, yummy foodPingDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful food selections and very attentive and friendly waitstaffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/14/2014After spending a week in the Denver Tech Center I was ready for an upscale meal. Cool River Cafe was recommended and from start to finish I must say I was totally impress with the food and the service. The ahi tuna was awesome, the salad was great, the salmon was perfect and the creme brulee completed my experience to a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioIdahoTravelerDined on 8/6/2014We had a small group for a business discussion over lunch. Sat outside under the umbrellas, under the much quieter patio. Both food and service were very good. We all had salads, two steak and one chicken pecan, and we all left satisfied. The staff was very accommodating when we shifted with the sun, to a more shaded table later in our meal. I will definitely come back for the food and when weather permits, the patio.Special Features:
- DisappointedCologolfsterDined on 7/30/2014Dined with 4 friends. Service was poor to downright snotty. One friend ordered a specific Scotch and when the waitress brought something very different her response was.."well I didn't pour it!" She continually interrupted our conversations, was very slow and seemed "offended" when another friend told her nicely that his lamb chops were so tough that he couldn't cut them with a steak knife (unfortunately very true). And, there was no offer to make things right. Likewise, my prime rib was so tough I could barely chew/eat it, maybe 2 ounces out of the 16 ounce portion was edible. I didn't complain because I felt it would fall on deaf ears. I will say that the other 3 meals were fine. So, not a night dining-wise I would want to repeat.
- dinner with friendsMonphyDined on 7/26/2014We met up for dinner with freinds. The dinner was great and your service was excellent.Special Features:
- Overall goodDitlyDined on 7/23/2014Overall the night was good but with two main problems. The first was my martini tasted more like vermouth than vodka even after extra dry was specified. Second was a filet that should have been medium but was well done. Otherwise it was a good experience and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ULtimate power lunchTomSFVIPDined on 7/22/2014Great food and fast service. I had the venison which can be risky at most places however since I was traveling from San Francisco, we don't see that very often. It was prepared just right. Very moist and tender. We sat in a very comfortable booth that gave us the feeling of privacy for our business lunchSpecial Features:
- mixed on one itemmopsyDined on 7/21/20143 of the 4 of us loved the dinner but i made the mistake of asking for well done lamb chops after wait person gave me choice of how to cook them, rare, medium, well done & I chose well done but i asked there be no charred blackened meat. it came burned all over, a bit of pink in middle of one. i couldn't cut any of the 4 chops with the steak knife. I just took it home and then discarded it i couldn't even cut the chops apart and they were tough. his was my first bad experience well done to you all means burned and inedible.Special Features:
- Never disappointsnancyridDined on 7/17/2014I have been her a number of times and it is never a disappointment. The specials are great and the steak is always delicious.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJustMyOpinionDined on 7/15/2014We chose Cool River for a family birthday celebrationn. The food choices were exceptional and the food was well prepared, with just a bit of a twist on it to make it interesting. We had the shellfish, venison and chicken. All done to perfection. The main dining area on the lower can be a bit loud for quiet conversation, but all in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse? not reallySteakloverDined on 7/15/2014Tasteless bread, undersized baked potato, bland steak. Was not asked to check the inside of the steak like they do at del friscos and shanahans. Steak was not served on a really hot plate. Overpriced for a "steakhouse". rather overpriced for the quality of the meal. Wait staff was not engaging. Indicated that we had 2 birthdays and wait staff seemed not to notice, although the restaurant left 2 birthday cards on the table. However, the ribs served at our table were excellent. Scallops wrapped in bacon were ok.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014I took three clients there -- the food was great, our server very attentive, but not in the way, and all three gentlemen said their food was great. I had the salmon with beefsteak tomatos! it was perfect size, and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- For a Special OccassionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Service was very attentive - the Salmon was too dry. Still a very nice location for a special occasion. The Saturday night bar was dead. Overall pricing definitely over priced.Special Features:
- Very good, not outstandingMoonWomanVIPDined on 7/1/2014My office staff often choose Cool River for special occasions...birthdays, in particular. The food is always very good...and sometimes it's outstanding. This visit just didn't quite make outstanding although the french fries were excellent as was the blackened salmon on the Caesar salad. The venison, ordered medium rare, was very rare. Chocolate mousse cake got rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentgevJimDined on 6/19/2014Having been to Cool River 6 or 7 times over several years, I have never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- good food and servicetubulesDined on 6/18/2014Had a great experience on this second visit to this restaurant. Unfortunately my husband's prime rib was cooked inappropriately, well instead of medium, but the server was adamant about taking it back and making it right and a manager spoke with us to personally apologize and in addition to correcting the meal he wanted us to know the steak was on them. A free steak for his birthday was a great present for my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic for lunchForgottenVIPDined on 6/13/2014Besides getting a great meal, you just feel special at Cool River.
- Ms BeeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2014I have dined at Cool River, before but this time, our waitress was not at all attentive to our group or were we ever offered water or service by the wait staff. The hostesses were courteous and assisted us with photographs at the close of our meal, but we timed it that for over twenty minutes, no one checked on our table after we received our meal to see if we were satisfied. I have never been treated in this manner, before and I invited several ladies because, previously, the food and the service were wonderful. I was disappointed with our waitress.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceChillzDined on 6/4/2014Enjoyed an evening with my spouse for our anniversary. Amazing food with even better service. Great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 953 reviews are from the Cool River Cafe - Denver reviews archive.