Cool River Cafe - Dallas
1045 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038Neighborhood:
Las Colinas / Irving
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Cool River Cafe - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coolrivercafe.com/
- Phone: (972) 871-8881
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - close
Bar: Sun - Wed: 11:00am - close,Thur - Sat: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rodman Sheilds
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service
- Entertainment: We host all the top cover bands in Texas. Top 40's, Disco and Rock every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Music starts at 9:00pm. We also have 7 private rooms available to host your next business dinner, happy hour, birthday or game watching party.
- Special Events: Book now for Mother's Day or call 972-871-8881. To book a private event call 214-492-0343 or email email@example.com and our event coordinator will gladly assist you.
A word from Cool River Cafe - Dallas
Cool River Cafe is an upscale steakhouse and Southwestern grille featuring fresh seafood and certified Angus beef and serving lunch and dinner daily. Their full service bar includes an award-winning wine list, impressive cigar menu and hosts live music every Friday & Saturday evenings. They also offer private dining with seven room options to choose from.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cool River Cafe - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Las Colinas / Irving ›
Cool River Cafe - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (37)special occasion (34)vibrant bar scene (34)notable wine list (24)hot spot (20)fit for foodies (19)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Exceptional service!lkwildcatDined on 11/16/2014We visited here for an Anniversary dinner. They had a card wishing us Happy Anniversary on the table. They also provided a complimentary split of champagne and Dessert! The only drawback was that there was a large party in one of the private dining rooms, and they were VERY loud. The waitstaff finally closed the doors. It's a bit pricey for everyday but very nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbeleivable experienceBenHodgeDined on 11/11/2014I went for dinner on veterans day with a few Wounded Warrior friends of mine. When the waitstaff and management saw them they made sure their night was extremely special. I won't get in to too many details but they gave them a more than generous hook up and extra special attention. I have always enjoyed eating at Cool River, but after the way they took care of some of our Vets they have moved way up my list of places to frequent. Spend your money here, they are good people. Did I mention they had a table for the fallen up front? Kudos to you Cool River staff, you made some True America Hero's feel like VIP's.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014The bar was jumping and the band was awesome. Dinner was very good and I would recommend Cool River to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2cfood - Cool River Cafe Dallasluv2CfoodVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was a wonderful dinning experience for my group. The food and selections were wonderful, the service and ambiance were excellent. The manager, David was very polite and sociable as was Rigo, the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/31/2014I've eaten at Cool River several times throughout the years and this was my best meal there. Service is always excellent but in the past I found the food average. Everything we ordered was enjoyable. Our group had crab cakes, mussles, scallops, steak and the short rib roast. My husband said it was better than my home cooked roast. The manager stopped by to make sure everything was to our liking. The one complaint I have about cool river is the smell of cigar smoke when you walk in but it is not noticeable in the dining room. The atmosphere in the dining room is very comfortable.Special Features:
- Cool River DeliciousNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/29/2014Had a terrific meal at Cool River. Food awesome, service excellent.Special Features:
- LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014Food and Service were great but it was very LOUD and hard to carry on a business conversation over lunch.Special Features:
- Made the day for a clientJoeTexVIPDined on 10/23/2014Took an out of town client for a dinner meeting. The noise level was a bit challenging for discussing business, but the food and service provided more than adequate compensation. Simple meals for both-the filet and Three Forks salad-both a delight for both of us. The service was excellent, attentive but not overbearing. Bottom line, an excellent choice for my out of town guest.Special Features:
- Good group outingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Great service. Ribeye steak was cooked too much and more like a sirloin. Very good comments about the seafood orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booth warningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Don't let them sit you in the booth by kitchen area. All we heard was dishes banging and crashing our entire dining experience. Terrible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and too noisyCheersDined on 10/18/2014Visited Cool River for dinner on Saturday night. Good food and too noisy. Honestly, my ears hurt, and I was getting a headache in the joint. I did like the bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nccjflpDined on 10/14/2014Great food, good service and a very nice wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT FOOD & SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014NIGHT SHIFT (the BAND) WAS SMOKING! THEY NEED TO BE REGULARS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you don't like smoke...OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/8/2014...don't eat here. It's like stepping back in time to see a bunch of people not only smoking, but smoking cigars at the bar. The smoke carries into the restaurant as well. A good steak isn't worth the second hand smoke at this place.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!!!!!MomsTime2dineDined on 10/4/2014Food was AMAZING!!!!!!! By far the BEST filet mignon I have ever had. Salads were amazing Mac n cheese was creamy, everything was perfect. We all tasted each other sides and we're NOT disappointed! Would have been nice to know that if I added truffle butter it was a $5 up charge but worth it. Again a little heads up would have been appreciated. Our server George was top notch.Special Features:
- Cool PlaceJG01VIPDined on 9/24/2014Everything was good. Nothing was stand out spectacular. I enjoyed the ambience. Rumor has it the weekends are really happening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/22/2014Servers here are always great, but I never understand the attitude from the hostesses...food is consistently good.
- cool river...GlennBTDined on 9/18/2014the food and atmosphere were both great for our business lunch. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it , & loved the cigar bar !!CaligirlvisitingdallasDined on 9/5/2014Visiting from California and had a great time! Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Waitstaff was great...was told our appetizers went to another table ... When we got our appetizers they were at no charge ... Great save by wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealTastebud2Dined on 8/29/2014Food was great! Tried Salmon Cesar salad,Fillet Migon, and dont forget the Lobster tail. Wonder atmosphere cant wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inside Out bandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We had a party of 15 for dinner, then went to hear Inside Out Band. Loved everything, but the smoke. Several of our party had to leave once we entered bar area, due to allergic to smoke. It was very heavy. Could also smell in restaurant. I know this is a sports bar, however ...it is also a nice place to eat. Smoke changes everything. Do not know if you can put an end to the smoke ??? The management, hostess, wait staff, all excellant !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DirkDined on 8/27/2014Good place to smoke a good cigar after lunch or dinner. Awesome bar with mega large screens for sports watching. Lots of pool tables.Special Features:
- Great Steak Excellent Server-GeorgeKCTravelerDined on 8/27/2014The steaks and the corn casserole were superb but the service from George was incredible. He made the dinner fun and spent enough time with us to engage but not be intrusive. He should be in sales!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeawesometimeDined on 8/24/2014went there for my birthday and the food was great. The service was excellent. An expensive place not somewhere I could take my family but my husband and I could go on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great place but so-so serviceKamileaDined on 8/22/2014We had great service from our first waiter who was helping out a female wait staff. When the female staff took over, I felt neglected and not as great of service. It was a special occasion for us and she was too busy to pay attention to detail. Otherwise, a wonderful experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a groupcj77Dined on 8/20/2014I entertained a group of 12 earlier this week. Wait staff was professional and the meal was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A remnant from the past...GTXgpVIPDined on 8/19/2014If you prefer a loud environment, extremely poor service, and a smoke-filled atmosphere then this is the place for you. The only way this place has survived is due to the lack of alternatives in the Las Colinas area.
- Great food service okRegularGuyDined on 8/13/2014Good was great the chief does a great job. Our waiter started well but his attention decreased and at the end waited Long time for desert and coffee came out 10 min after the desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly dissapointingluv2eatDined on 8/10/2014The steak was very salty, the side items good, the crème brulee was terrible. The custard was too hard; not creamy at all; definitely premade and frozen (I have had better from the frozen section @ Costco). The atmosphere was outstanding as was the service, but if the food isn't good what is the point. For the price, I expected much better. I would not go back as there are much better choices at slightly lower prices.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!DoubleDDined on 8/8/2014Dinner Friday night with friends in Cool River. Service was Spot On, Terik was our server. Filets were cooked to perfection. Dessert, Maker's Mark Bread Pudding, certainly finished off a great meal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stacyDined on 8/6/2014Excellent food! Outstanding Service, hosted a business dinner for three . . .it was a bit louder than I wanted for a business meeting however, every other aspect of the restaurant was impeccable. I highly reccomend Cool River!
- The following 775 reviews are from the Cool River Cafe - Dallas reviews archive.
- Pleasant experienceRICC0LDined on 7/25/2014I was there with my partner to celebrate his Birthday , the whole experience was as pleasant as I remember compared to previous visits, food was good but pricey, to reflect its upscale ambiance . My cowboy ribeye steak was a bit charred on the outside but perfectly cooked inside ( I asked for " medium" ) wine list impressive as well. A free dessert on the house to my partner was certainly welcome and nice ! Our waiter Michael was knowledgable of menu items and specials and helpful..kudos to him. We will return in the future !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2014I was very disappointed with this restaurant. When I arrived the smell of smoke was very heavy. I asked to be placed as far away from the bar area where smoking is allowed. The smoke in the dining area was still unbearable. The dining room was also very noisy and it was hard to hear people at the other end of a six top. The food was good but the service was lacking a bit. Overall I would no go back to this restaurant. There are many other choices in the area that are better.
- Good evening spotjn4893Dined on 7/22/2014Joined a friend for dinner. Great food, excellent service. They were sure hopping for a Tuesday night. My only negative ...is that it is dark. Difficult to read the menu. Romantic...but dark interior. This could be both positive or negative. Parking can be tight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!!!ZaidaDined on 7/15/2014The restaurant was excellent... service and food superb! The raviolis were fantastic. Willie did a great job!!!Special Features:
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2014The service was outstanding and our server was top notch! Thank you for your great service!Special Features:
- ToyotaKctoyotaDined on 7/7/2014Toyota is moving to Texas I picked up two executives and took them straight to Cool RiverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary at Cool RiverDannyDined on 7/7/2014Service was outstanding and the wine list was one of best. Steaks, Ribs and Crab Cakes were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visit not good as first timefredVIPDined on 7/5/2014Went here several months ago with a wonderful waiter and great food. This time the waiter seemed more interested in talking to what sounded like a weekly customer than helping us. We had to ask for the dailly specials, requested bread twice, and he even admitted the bread he brought us was the last loaf on the shelf and hard as a rock. The food was still good but a bad service experience can really hurt - not sure we will be back to the restaurant.