Cool River Cafe - Dallas
1045 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038Neighborhood:
Las Colinas / Irving
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Cool River Cafe - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coolrivercafe.com/
- Phone: 9728718881x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - close
Bar: Sun - Wed: 11:00am - close,Thur - Sat: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rodman Sheilds
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service
- Entertainment: We host all the top cover bands in Texas. Top 40's, Disco and Rock every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Music starts at 9:00pm. We also have 7 private rooms available to host your next business dinner, happy hour, birthday or game watching party.
- Special Events: Book now for Mother's Day or call 972-871-8881. To book a private event call 214-492-0343 or email email@example.com and our event coordinator will gladly assist you.
A word from Cool River Cafe - Dallas
Cool River Cafe is an upscale steakhouse and Southwestern grille featuring fresh seafood and certified Angus beef and serving lunch and dinner daily. Their full service bar includes an award-winning wine list, impressive cigar menu and hosts live music every Friday & Saturday evenings. They also offer private dining with seven room options to choose from.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cool River Cafe - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Las Colinas / Irving ›
Cool River Cafe - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (35)special occasion (32)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (21)notable wine list (20)hot spot (18)fit for foodies (17)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cool PlaceJG01VIPDined on 9/24/2014Everything was good. Nothing was stand out spectacular. I enjoyed the ambience. Rumor has it the weekends are really happening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/22/2014Servers here are always great, but I never understand the attitude from the hostesses...food is consistently good.
- cool river...GlennBTDined on 9/18/2014the food and atmosphere were both great for our business lunch. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it , & loved the cigar bar !!CaligirlvisitingdallasDined on 9/5/2014Visiting from California and had a great time! Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Waitstaff was great...was told our appetizers went to another table ... When we got our appetizers they were at no charge ... Great save by wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealTastebud2Dined on 8/29/2014Food was great! Tried Salmon Cesar salad,Fillet Migon, and dont forget the Lobster tail. Wonder atmosphere cant wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inside Out bandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We had a party of 15 for dinner, then went to hear Inside Out Band. Loved everything, but the smoke. Several of our party had to leave once we entered bar area, due to allergic to smoke. It was very heavy. Could also smell in restaurant. I know this is a sports bar, however ...it is also a nice place to eat. Smoke changes everything. Do not know if you can put an end to the smoke ??? The management, hostess, wait staff, all excellant !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DirkDined on 8/27/2014Good place to smoke a good cigar after lunch or dinner. Awesome bar with mega large screens for sports watching. Lots of pool tables.Special Features:
- Great Steak Excellent Server-GeorgeKCTravelerDined on 8/27/2014The steaks and the corn casserole were superb but the service from George was incredible. He made the dinner fun and spent enough time with us to engage but not be intrusive. He should be in sales!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeawesometimeDined on 8/24/2014went there for my birthday and the food was great. The service was excellent. An expensive place not somewhere I could take my family but my husband and I could go on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great place but so-so serviceKamileaDined on 8/22/2014We had great service from our first waiter who was helping out a female wait staff. When the female staff took over, I felt neglected and not as great of service. It was a special occasion for us and she was too busy to pay attention to detail. Otherwise, a wonderful experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a groupcj77Dined on 8/20/2014I entertained a group of 12 earlier this week. Wait staff was professional and the meal was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A remnant from the past...GTXgpVIPDined on 8/19/2014If you prefer a loud environment, extremely poor service, and a smoke-filled atmosphere then this is the place for you. The only way this place has survived is due to the lack of alternatives in the Las Colinas area.
- Great food service okRegularGuyDined on 8/13/2014Good was great the chief does a great job. Our waiter started well but his attention decreased and at the end waited Long time for desert and coffee came out 10 min after the desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly dissapointingluv2eatDined on 8/10/2014The steak was very salty, the side items good, the crème brulee was terrible. The custard was too hard; not creamy at all; definitely premade and frozen (I have had better from the frozen section @ Costco). The atmosphere was outstanding as was the service, but if the food isn't good what is the point. For the price, I expected much better. I would not go back as there are much better choices at slightly lower prices.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!DoubleDDined on 8/8/2014Dinner Friday night with friends in Cool River. Service was Spot On, Terik was our server. Filets were cooked to perfection. Dessert, Maker's Mark Bread Pudding, certainly finished off a great meal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stacyDined on 8/6/2014Excellent food! Outstanding Service, hosted a business dinner for three . . .it was a bit louder than I wanted for a business meeting however, every other aspect of the restaurant was impeccable. I highly reccomend Cool River!
- Pleasant experienceRICC0LDined on 7/25/2014I was there with my partner to celebrate his Birthday , the whole experience was as pleasant as I remember compared to previous visits, food was good but pricey, to reflect its upscale ambiance . My cowboy ribeye steak was a bit charred on the outside but perfectly cooked inside ( I asked for " medium" ) wine list impressive as well. A free dessert on the house to my partner was certainly welcome and nice ! Our waiter Michael was knowledgable of menu items and specials and helpful..kudos to him. We will return in the future !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2014I was very disappointed with this restaurant. When I arrived the smell of smoke was very heavy. I asked to be placed as far away from the bar area where smoking is allowed. The smoke in the dining area was still unbearable. The dining room was also very noisy and it was hard to hear people at the other end of a six top. The food was good but the service was lacking a bit. Overall I would no go back to this restaurant. There are many other choices in the area that are better.
- Good evening spotjn4893Dined on 7/22/2014Joined a friend for dinner. Great food, excellent service. They were sure hopping for a Tuesday night. My only negative ...is that it is dark. Difficult to read the menu. Romantic...but dark interior. This could be both positive or negative. Parking can be tight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!!!ZaidaDined on 7/15/2014The restaurant was excellent... service and food superb! The raviolis were fantastic. Willie did a great job!!!Special Features:
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2014The service was outstanding and our server was top notch! Thank you for your great service!Special Features:
- ToyotaKctoyotaDined on 7/7/2014Toyota is moving to Texas I picked up two executives and took them straight to Cool RiverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary at Cool RiverDannyDined on 7/7/2014Service was outstanding and the wine list was one of best. Steaks, Ribs and Crab Cakes were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visit not good as first timefredVIPDined on 7/5/2014Went here several months ago with a wonderful waiter and great food. This time the waiter seemed more interested in talking to what sounded like a weekly customer than helping us. We had to ask for the dailly specials, requested bread twice, and he even admitted the bread he brought us was the last loaf on the shelf and hard as a rock. The food was still good but a bad service experience can really hurt - not sure we will be back to the restaurant.
- st8kst8kDined on 7/5/2014Place was quiet for a sat night. But service was excellent. We highly recommend the crab cakes & filet was tender & cooked just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014Excellent all the way! Apreciated the manager stopping by the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too noisyFrmrcoolrvrcustDined on 6/26/2014Scheduled a client lunch on a Wednesday and even though I asked for a quiet table, we were seated in the main room. The two smaller rooms were completely unused. The noise level was so high, we couldn't hear the server when she tried to list the specials. It was impossible to talk to our clients. We ended up eating in silence. I will never take clients here again
- jvk1Dined on 6/19/2014Service was impeccable... Never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014Service was poor and food was worse. Over cooked steak, burnt crab cakes and cold fish. Not sure it could get any worse.
- Best steak in town!CadrhodesDined on 6/10/2014Love this restaurant! The food is always delicious and the atmosphere is perfect. Our waiter, Dane, was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for guestsTXEaterDined on 6/10/2014I have used Cool River for several customer events over the years and did not hesitate to make a reservation for a Tuesday night meeting near DFW airport. I made a reservation and when I pulled into the parking lot, I was glad I did - packed. No problems for CR, as we were taken to our table within just a few moments. Great food. Great service. Great sides. I will keep CR at the top of my DFW Airport "places to go" list.Special Features:
- Food was only average or below.NickDined on 6/7/2014Fish special was good. Prim Rib was below average. Crab Cakes below average.
- Outstandng Quality, a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014We came here with co workers due to a suggestion from someone local. Non-frequent traveler here, so I can't really comment how this restaurant compares with other local restaurants. Because it was the company's dime, we did not pay for our meals, but I think it would be a bit much for a family dinner. The food was excellant in taste & quality, although one in our party ordered his steak black and blue (seared on the outside, but raw on the inside), and it came back more rare to medium rare, with no "blood on the plate", as he stated. That was the only complaint. Members of our party who are quite familiar with wines thought the wine prices were very high. But otherwise, a very pleasing & memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 756 reviews are from the Cool River Cafe - Dallas reviews archive.
- diamond needs polishingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014we've been to cool river before and were happy with the food and service---that's been a few years. this time around, things were different. food was okay, but not memorable. our waitress was great! don't like the smell of the cigars as you enter the restaurant. likely will not visit again especially since the prices stayed pretty steep. it was hit or miss....not consistent throughout.
- Still Great Years LaterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014It is a fantastic place for a special occassion. We lived nearby when it was first built and have since moved away; but the service and food remain excellent even after all these years.Special Features:
- dead average or belowthedinnerscoutDined on 5/30/2014The service was ok. The appetizer artichoke terrible and the steaks had to be sent back not flvorfully spiced at all. Had a strong wxpectation but certainly will stick to Bobs. The band in the bar drowned out ability to hear guests at the table so I would call this mostly upscale BAR not quality steak house nicely decorated but way pricey for poor quality foodSpecial Features:
- Outstanding !TLP1VIPDined on 5/27/2014Thanks everyone for great service and fabulous food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SerivceWayneDined on 5/24/2014Great service n receive confirmation call earlier in the day. What sat on time. Outstanding service and great selection of on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; good servicejspdallasDined on 5/23/2014Went to a business lunch here. Everything was very good, including the service. Ambiance was a little dark for a business lunch.