Cool River Cafe - Austin
4001 Parmer Ln.
Austin, TX 78727Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Cool River Cafe - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coolrivercafe.com/
- Phone: 5128350010
- Hours of Operation:
Dining: Monday-Saturday 5pm-10:00pm, Bar Monday-Thursday 4pm-Late, Friday & Saturday 4:00pm-2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Southwest
- Executive Chef: Adrian Corkill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options available
- Private Party Facilities: Cool River Cafe can accommodate private groups and banquets from 20 to 175 guests. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Landa 8883389798
- Entertainment: Live Bands Friday-Saturday starting at 9:15pm.
A word from Cool River Cafe - Austin
Randy Umlah, Proprietor, invites you to entertain your loved ones, friends or business associates in the impressive surroundings of river rock fireplaces, dark woods and hand crafted chandeliers. A unique facility combining fine dining with a high energy bar, entertainment, and billiards. Chef Adrian Corkill creates one-of-a-kind specialties inspired by the flavors of the Southwest featuring select cuts of Certified Angus Beef(TM) steaks coupled with the freshest seafood. Also featuring wood-grilled rack of lamb and cold water lobster. Cool River's award winning wine list offers 375 exquisite wines. Cool River is the perfect place to spend the entire evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cool River Cafe - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
- This gorgeous Texas CountrySampsonVIPDined on 5/30/2013This gorgeous Texas Country themed restaurant was nearly empty when we dined there. It felt cavernous without a crowd of people. Hopefully business is not always this slow. Service was outstanding and food was goodSpecial Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2013Great food, terrific atmosphere, wide selection of beers, all around great place to spend several hours with friends. Only down note was that our waitress had no clue on how to properly take a picture with an iPhoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealAustinDined on 5/15/2013I took customers to the Cool River Cafe on May 15 we all enjoyed our meals and the service was great. I can't say enough about this place they always knock it out of the park. Great Wine list.Special Features:
- We've frequented Cool River4brunchersDined on 5/12/2013We've frequented Cool River for a number of years and have always been pleased with the atmosphere, service and food selections. I'm sure we will return for additional dining experiences.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Mother's Day Brunch was great. Good food and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mother's Day brunch wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013The Mother's Day brunch was really good with a wide selection of food items. Although the restaurant was busy, it did not seem like it was busy and the wait staff was always available. This is not our first time dinning at Cool River and we will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointedSadMotherDined on 5/12/2013I have been to Cool River many times and it's always been a very nice experience and the food has always been beyond my expectations. Last year for Mother's Day I took my Mom to Cool River and she said her steak was the best she ever had. This year their buffet was terrible. I'm pretty sure the food was brought in. It could not have been prepared there. The shrimp were tough. The only vegetable out when I was there was asparagus and it was overcooked. I sampled three desserts and they all tasted like they had been in the freezer too long. The only thing I enjoyed was the Mimosa. For $100 we could have had a better dinner at Dennys. I don't plan on ever going back.
- Brunch SpotsylhlDined on 5/12/2013We've dined at Cool River for dinner & had private events there that we were very happy with. Brunch was not up to Cool River standards in my opinion.It will not be on our favorite spots for brunch list as it did not compare to others that are comparable in price.
- fun and beautiful restaurant!AustinvisitorVIPDined on 5/12/2013we had the mothers day brunch and it was an extensive buffet and delicious! service was perfect and the other mom and I had several delicious mimosas! we sat by the stone fireplace which was a great location. We had a delicious meal with lots of fresh crab, shrimp, and other delectable fish treats, as well as the triaditional prime rib chicken cordon bleu and eggs, bacon and sausages, salads, french toast, the works. lots of nice things for the children too on a low table so they could reach it, like macaroni and cheese! all the staff very friendly and the four of us had a wonderful mothers day! thank you!Special Features:
- Mother's DayCariDined on 5/12/2013We had a really nice time at Cool River Cafe for Mother's Day. We appreciated that the restaurant accepts reservations. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksLuv2EatDined on 5/11/2013A great local restaurant in North Austin that we had forgotten. So glad we went and enjoyed the wonderful steak and shrimp. The service was wonderful and we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2013We had a decent meal. For the price, it was not worth it. There is so much more they could do to highlight the dishes and menu. There were no specials either. My filet mignon was tasty, and prepared correctly to order, but the Sea Bass was plain and one note. For $36.95, a little more flavor besides lemon would have been terrific. Bananas foster was just bananas rum and ice cream. It needed some crunch or other kind of texture, candied pecans/crumble...something. For the price and lackluster of the menu, I would not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey but niceMmmbabyDined on 5/4/2013Took my SO here for a nice meal and to celebrate how special she is to me. The staff was great (thanks Britney) and the food was quite tasty. I had the cowboy ribeye and my sweetie had the venison CFS. Both were nicely prepared and tasty. The dining room was romantically lit but not so dim as to not be able to see the food. Nice "chalet" feel. There were a few prom groups through but we were not disrupted. I'm not sure why Cool River was so empty on a Friday night. Maybe north Austin doesn't appreciate a nice, quiet, romantic steakhouse. We will be back so I guess it's our win.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess was a deal breakerCali2007Dined on 4/27/2013The hostess was the first impression we had and it was a terrible one. I told her we had a reservation and gave her my name & she did not look at me or acknowledge that I even said anything. She kept looking at the computer and then walked away, grabbed some menus and said unenthusiastically, "right this way." ?? My dining partner kindly asked her not to seat us near a large noisy table and she rudely said "I wasn't going to seat you there." Then she was frustrated and said "just pick where you want to sit." Sorry to bother you. We won't be back because of her. Our waitress sort of saved the experience for us by offering friendly service and many good food and drink suggestions.
- Had a business dinner. FoodwalterDined on 4/22/2013Had a business dinner. Food was very slow in arriving (appetizers took almost 40 minutes). Very inattentive server. we had to ask numerous times for drinks, etc. The food itself was very good.
- Our first time and thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2013Our first time and thought the restaurant would be busier. Service was slow seeing they did have many customer. Food was good.Special Features:
- We had a awesome time at CoolOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2013We had a awesome time at Cool River. We celebrated our 16th anniversary. Kim made it very special, she done an excellent job.Special Features:
- Unaspected Gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013This was a very good find, Cool River Cafe is much more than a Cafe. It is an upscale dinning gem, we will go back the next time we are in Austin.Special Features:
- Filet was very tender, butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2013Filet was very tender, but had an unusual taste. Not worth the $38.Special Features:
- Salmon, crab claws, shrimp,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Salmon, crab claws, shrimp, blueberry blintzes...not to mention ham and prime rib... What's not to love? Our waitress was excellent. In fact, the waitstaff all presented as calm, efficient and friendly. We shall return!Special Features:
- Stay Away!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2013The food was overpriced for the quality. Scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage compromised half the so called "buffet." For cold options you had ceasar salad, dethawed crab claws and cheese cubes. The entree portion consisted of flavorless "smashed potatoes", dethawed asparagus with some faux hollandise sauce, a mediocre wild rice and "prime rib" that was pre sliced and resembled raw hamburger, pre sliced ham, and what was being passed off as chicken cordon bleu but had the taste and consistency of something my mother used to buy frozen in bulk at Sams 30 years ago which is also about the last time I saw this item on a menu. To be avoided at all costs.Special Features:
- I brought my kids and grand-kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013I brought my kids and grand-kids for Easter Brunch and it was very good. I will do this again.Special Features:
- Special occasion buffetChristineVIPDined on 3/31/2013Great place for special brunch such as Easter or Mother's Day! Love it as a family tradition each year now. Great variety and food kept fresh.Special Features:
- There are many better placesMovethruVIPDined on 3/31/2013There are many better places for the price in Austin. There is nothing wrong with Cool River its just not good enough to charge the prices they do.Special Features:
- The food was really good forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013The food was really good for the Easter Brunch. The food was not refilled very often so I did not get to try several items.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We love the Cool River brunch, they have so many great items...to name a few...shrimp, prime rib, CRISP bacon, delicious cheese blitzes and my ver favorite was the cheese cake. Are you giving out the recipe?Special Features:
- I have attended many holidayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013I have attended many holiday brunches over the years and I would have to say that this one stands up nicely to them all. The atmosphere and parking are enough of a plus to erase any small objections. That said, I would suggest to the restaurant that their brunch items were not exactly hot. I mean temperature .... the food itself was excellent! But they need to turn up the heat on those buffet items.Special Features:
- We love dividing the primeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013We love dividing the prime rib for a special occasion. This is a pricey place so one we visit only for celebration. It was my husband's birthday and they served us (on the house) a wonderful bananas foster...recommend that dessert which was plenty for two! I love the decor, the stone walls, fireplace, and it was not crowded at 5:30 on a Saturday evening.Special Features:
- Highly recommend this placeAustinDined on 3/18/2013I took some customers to Cool River cafe on 3/18 we had 13 people in our party they put us in our own room everyone loved there meals and the wine was great. The services was awesome I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/18/2013Went to the Thesaurus to look up words for disappointing as I wanted to say it over and over. I've been to the Cool River in Dallas and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, however the only similarity between the 2 locations is the name. Service was efficient but waitstaff were without any warmth or personality. Wine list was OK, but excessive mark-up even for a restaurant of this price point. Stock level of the wines must have been low as my 2 first choices were not available and server kept pushing the wine they had on special.... My wife ordered the scallops which were good, however my lamb was not. side dishes were cold when they arrived and were not enjoyed. All in all a poor job by this location , one I will not return to.Special Features:
- Consistently delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Consistently delicious and always a pleasure to dine at Cool River CafeSpecial Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Better than expected.....AAA all the way!!Great birthday dinner....WE WILL BE BACK!!!Special Features:
- Hi. I noticed it was too darkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Hi. I noticed it was too dark to read the menu. Had to use a flashlight to read.Special Features:
- The food was superb and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013The food was superb and the service outstanding, would recommend to anyone in Austin for their very first restaurant to visit
- I like the service, the waitressesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013I like the service, the waitresses were very accommodating, the food was good, the only critique I would have is that the lighting was a little bit too dark for the type of event we had.Special Features:
- Great food and service. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Great food and service. The atomsphere is very enjoyable and it is not as crowded as in previously, mostly due to other restaurants opening in the area. However Cool River still has what it takes to be a great choice for steaks and service.Special Features:
- Very Good But Not GreatKCrimsonDined on 2/22/2013The food was very good, but not outstanding or really memorable. The service and ambiance were excellent.Special Features:
- We celebrated our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We celebrated our anniversary with friends and had a perfect time. I knew the food would be great, but it was nice to be able to carry on a conversation without stranning to hear. The hostess gave us a perfect table and the wait staff was extremely attentive in every way. Thanks for keeping good people on your staff.Special Features:
- A Valentine's Gone AmissOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Normally this is our go to place for special occassions. Dining experience lacked the usual charm. Have spoken with Randy and he offered to make it up to us. Willing to chalk it up to a night of unexpectedness and will be back.Special Features:
- Overall good service lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Overall good service loved the Cowboy steak highly recommended.Special Features: