156 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cookshopny.com/
- Phone: 2129244440
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-4:00pm
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 8:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30pm-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:30pm-11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Meyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Chris Paraskevaides 2129244440
- Cross Street: Corner of 10th Ave and 20th Street
- Public Transit: Both the A, C, E, or L at 14th street/8th avenue or the C, & E at 23rd Street. Also the 1 train is located at 18th street and 7th avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking available in street after 7pm and/or private/public lots across the street on 10th Ave & 20th St.
A word from Cookshop
Cookshop presents the ideal combination of great American food, prepared by Chef Marc Meyer, warm hospitality and meaningful design to west Chelsea. At the heart and soul of Cookshop lies the owners’ commitment to bringing an honest seasonal dining option to New York City coupled with an exceptional beverage program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cookshop reviews from OpenTable diners
408 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (265)neighborhood gem (225)great for brunch (198)great for outdoor dining (191)great for lunch (129)good for groups (115)hot spot (115)special occasion (77)romantic (48)notable wine list (47)vibrant bar scene (46)late-night find (30)kid-friendly (25)scenic view (13)Show More
- Great experience!dininginnyDined on 9/28/2014A big highlight for the organic salads and roasted chicken, and of course the popcorn ice cream sundaeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous lunchrainedoutDined on 9/25/2014We had a 1:30 reservation, but it was raining and we were hungry, so we arrived an hour early, and we were seated right away by a gracious hostess. Our lunch was delicious. Fish was very fresh and well prepared. Vegetables were wonderful. Our server, Bruce, was knowlegeable, friendly and very professional. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, even better serviceCewcooperDined on 9/24/2014Can't really fault this resturant and the service was incredible, so many staff, always there when needed. Would highly recommend it to anyone, reasonable value for the food quality, lamb meatloaf was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestajrsVIPDined on 9/23/2014Best service in NYC with a menu to match! The staff manages a full house with ease and did not rush us from our table when they went on a waitlist. A really great experience - I will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014Always the freshest seasonal food; warm, friendly service; small but well-chosen wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good flavorsMsFoodieVIPDined on 9/22/2014We had a wonderful kale and roasted squash salad and a lamb meatloaf with nice mediterranean flavors which we liked very much. My entree wasn't memorable (in fact I can't even remember what I had.) The tables are too close together (the people at the table next to us joined in our conversation) and the decible level is deafening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceDinerDined on 9/22/2014solid food, friendly wait staff, clean and fresh food.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experienceRobbVIPDined on 9/20/2014Cookshop is one of my favorite restaurants that appeals to anyone's cuisine preference. With a friend visiting us, the food was wonderful and everyone loved everything. But, I have to say one thing that brings it over the top is the service and the genuine friendly service from the staff from the front door to the table. The wait staff is truly exceptional - helpful, knowledgeable, efficient and not stuffy at all. It is so nice to have that comfort. I recommend Cookshop to anyone - tourist or local. They offer solid and flavorful food, great drinks and outstanding service at affordable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Decent meal in a nice setting, but nothing special.Special Features:
- great foodeatingoutDined on 9/18/2014awesome food every time and great service. The only downfall is the noise level at dinnertime. other than that the food was impeccable. Served very timely. And served well. I would recommend this place. The best oysters to be found are here. Divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FantasticFoodQueenWJBDined on 9/17/2014We had fantastic service from James out server and Richard, who found a perfect wine. The food was very good and James made the whole experience delightful. Just the experience and meal we dreamed of having!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoner's delightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2014If you are baked this is the place for you....Start with the delicious bread and butter, proceed to the corn on the cob with jalepeno, move onto the pizza....and end with a desert...there all more health and diet conscious options on the menu, but this was my ticket to healing the other evening. my server encouraged me and I was so grateful....thank you Cookshop for making a comeback after an "off" period....you are more delicious than ever!!Special Features:
- food is alway goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/16/2014Cookshop is a restaurant when all else fails we always go back to when visiting friends in NY. However, it commits the common sin of auctioning off food and taking away plates before people are done eating. The caliber of food and attentiveness to detail should be cascaded wait staff so each plate is set in front of the right diner.Special Features:
- Always high qualityMattVIPDined on 9/13/2014Cookshop is one of my favorites in the city - terrific, versatile and tasty menu, impeccable service, lovely, great vibe. Always recommend it to locals and out of towners alike. I mentioned it was my bf's birthday in our reservation notes and they brought a cupcake with a candle after our meal - always a class act.Special Features:
- Great placeEricksonfDined on 9/13/2014The staff met my wife and I by wishing us a happy anniversary. Free champagne, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat station needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014not at the same level it used to be. meat station needs work. someone doesn't know how to properly cook a fine piece of pork chop. what came to the table was tough as leather.
- Great Chelsea Hot SpotCTRobVIPDined on 9/13/2014The vibe was great at this well known Chelsea eatery. It's a casual fun atmosphere with great service, excellently prepared fresh food and a decently priced wine list. The three of us in the party really enjoyed the Waygu beef dish, a whole fish dish, and a vegetarian entree. The desserts were very inventive and delicious. Definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 9/13/2014We had brunch at Cook Shop. We ordered chicken liver pate, berries, huevos rancheros, and an egg sandwich. All of the food was flavorful and delicious! We ate outside which is always fun. The High Line is right across the street, but there is no real view.Special Features:
- Delicious and funLarahVIPDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday and can't wait to go back! The atmosphere is the right mix of cool but not pretentious. Food is absolutely delicious and service was unflappable. Still thinking about the mushroom polenta.Special Features:
- CookshophighstandardsDined on 9/11/2014Great energy! Wonderful service, everyone was actually very nice! The meatloaf is to die!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014The food was excellent, wine recommendations spot on and the waitstaff was very pleasant. Would recommend to anyone and plan to come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever evolving food sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014We recently celebrated our anniversary dinner here. I had been years ago and Cookshop still has it and then some! I spend a lot of time in the Chelsea area and this really is a neighborhood gem. The seasonal menu was exceptional and the cocktails were spot on. Definitely ask for recommendations as the staff is very well versed in the menu.Special Features:
- I am a repeat visitorodaddyoDined on 9/9/2014The service this past visit was ponderously slow and exasperating. The breakfast pizza and the corn cakes almost made up for the lackluster service.Special Features:
- Fantasticcsm1Dined on 9/8/2014We went for our anniversary. It is more lively than romantic, which was fine with us. The food was creative and terrific and the wines were excellent. Perhaps best of all the waitstaff and the sommelier were fantastic - friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I'm a vegan, which is a pain for any restaurant, but they could not have been more accommodating and the food was plentiful and tasty (not just the veg plate some places will give you). And the sommelier, having discussed with us what we like, actually encouraged us to get the less expensive wine of the two we were considering, and the wine was perfect. Not much negative to say, although if you are looking for a quiet place it would not fit the bill.Special Features:
- All positivesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014went for birthday dinner with wife & son. Service couldn't have been better. Food was excellent; all appetizers, entrees, & bread & dessert. i look forward to going again.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchbrunchisthebestDined on 9/7/2014Three of us ate brunch this past Sunday - what a great experience and our waiter was attentive, the food was lovely and the bloody mary's were wonderful!!!!! Cook Shop is one of our favorites -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NomiVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great, as usual - the trout was especially good and the popcorn sundae was divine.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014Outstanding meal- food was great and Sean Patrick, our waiter, was incredible!Special Features:
- YUM!bd80956Dined on 9/1/2014Great spot for a special birthday dinner! It was just what we were looking for in terms of a solidly nicer good-food restaurant, without being over-the-top upscale. We had been wanting to try Cookshop for awhile, especially after enjoying Hundred Acres so much a few months back, and it was worth the wait! We extra-loved the fun cocktail menu, the pesto pasta dish, and the chocolate peanut butter dessert, AND the nectarine dessert (we couldn't narrow it down to just one) - and the service was top-notch! Very friendly and warm vibe from everyone we encountered. Super nice ambience and decor, with the perfect sort of low (but not too low) lighting. Thanks for an awesome night, Cookshop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014Excellent food and friendly staff. That's what it takes for restaurant to succeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatAbbyVIPDined on 8/31/2014I was looking forward to coming to Cookshop, as I just moved to the neighborhood and had read/heard great things about it. We were able to sit outside, which was great because NYFW was in full swing and we had great people watching. The food was good, not great. To start my father and I shared the scallop ceviche, which was our favorite thing of the night. For our entrees I had the field greens salad and my father had the heirloom tomato salad. The ingredients were all very fresh, but the salads felt so plain and not very interesting. I will definitely be back to try the lunch/brunch options and I would recommend Cookshop to anyone who is already in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentWalterDined on 8/31/2014Just an outstanding experience all around. Great menu with many fantastic options. Terrific service. Outstanding food. Will undoubtedly return again and again!Special Features:
- Always a treat!RahRahDined on 8/31/2014We have been to cookshop for brunch many times and plan to continue to dine here as long as we live! This place never disappoints with the food and drinks. Bloody marys are fantastic with many varieties to choose from and the food is always delicious. We are already looking forward to coming here again!Special Features:
- Celebrate in NYCDrMikeDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed a Sunday brunch/Birthday celebration here and loved it. Food and service was very good. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming brunch venueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014charming venue with delicious food! very fresh ingredients. all dishes executed well.Special Features:
- Excellent MealHL1989Dined on 8/28/2014We had a fabulous time at Cookshop. Our waiter, Michael, was one of the best waiters I've ever had. He gave us excellent suggestions for drinks, entrees and desserts - we ordered everything he recommended and each dish was delicious! After chatting with him for a bit, the general manager came to speak with us as well which was incredibly thoughtful. I will definitely recommend this restaurant and come back again soon!Special Features:
- Celebration DinnerfooddudeDined on 8/26/2014My girlfriend took me here to celebrate my new job. One of the most important things when we go out to eat is the service. This place has that along with the amazing food. The waiter was very attentive to our needs. He was proactive with filling our drinks but not over attentive. The food was very unique and you can tell it was prepared with love from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experienceWhateva783VIPDined on 8/25/2014We did not know what to expect when our friend recommended this restaurant. Wow, great ambience, food was unique with a great mix of unique and savory flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chelsea MagicnotquiteafoodieDined on 8/24/2014Every bite was delicious. Service was professional, attentive and non-intrusive. Atmosphere was everything you would want from a neighborhood or destination restaurant. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- loved itlolcatDined on 8/24/2014got the cantaloupe cooler and fried egg sandwich. amazing texture and flavors. so filling I couldn't finish it. would definitely come back here with foodie friendsSpecial Features: