156 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cookshopny.com/
- Phone: 2129244440
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-4:00pm
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 8:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30pm-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:30pm-11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Meyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Chris Paraskevaides 2129244440
- Cross Street: Corner of 10th Ave and 20th Street
- Public Transit: Both the A, C, E, or L at 14th street/8th avenue or the C, & E at 23rd Street. Also the 1 train is located at 18th street and 7th avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking available in street after 7pm and/or private/public lots across the street on 10th Ave & 20th St.
A word from Cookshop
Cookshop presents the ideal combination of great American food, prepared by Chef Marc Meyer, warm hospitality and meaningful design to west Chelsea. At the heart and soul of Cookshop lies the owners’ commitment to bringing an honest seasonal dining option to New York City coupled with an exceptional beverage program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cookshop reviews from OpenTable diners
386 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (233)neighborhood gem (200)great for outdoor dining (189)great for brunch (189)great for lunch (124)good for groups (103)hot spot (101)special occasion (79)vibrant bar scene (54)romantic (49)notable wine list (46)late-night find (38)kid-friendly (25)scenic view (16)Show More
- Celebration DinnerfooddudeDined on 8/26/2014My girlfriend took me here to celebrate my new job. One of the most important things when we go out to eat is the service. This place has that along with the amazing food. The waiter was very attentive to our needs. He was proactive with filling our drinks but not over attentive. The food was very unique and you can tell it was prepared with love from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experienceWhateva783VIPDined on 8/25/2014We did not know what to expect when our friend recommended this restaurant. Wow, great ambience, food was unique with a great mix of unique and savory flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chelsea MagicOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Every bite was delicious. Service was professional, attentive and non-intrusive. Atmosphere was everything you would want from a neighborhood or destination restaurant. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- loved itlolcatDined on 8/24/2014got the cantaloupe cooler and fried egg sandwich. amazing texture and flavors. so filling I couldn't finish it. would definitely come back here with foodie friendsSpecial Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food, service, ambience all fantastic. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunch!belouneDined on 8/23/2014I loved the Cookshop. Excellent service, delicious, fresh and tasty food, a wonderful ambiance inside and outside. I was lucky enough to have eaten on the patio where it was more quiet and I got to enjoy the street view. Great location since it is right next to the Highline. I would definitely recommend this spot for brunch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant came highly recommended to us and lived up to our expectation! The food, the service, the ambiance....it was AMAZING from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining with funky serviceNotpickyjustcriticalDined on 8/21/2014The first time I went to Cookshop I had a wonderful dining experience. Our server was a delight, engaging, knowledgable, and cheeky! I was buzzing after I left the restaurant from the impeccably prepared food (fresh and interesting flavors) along with service. The SECOND time I went with a larger group, the food remained delicious, but the service truly disappointing in every aspect. Our server took 30 mins to take our order, and had an attitude. Cookshop is a popular restaurant, and the food is truly very good and inventive, but I was surprised by the discepancy between my dining experiences. ALSO, the drinks took an eternity to come to the table, and busers had no etiquette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findSeafoodguyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Cookshop figured out how to serve excellent food, indoors or out, and keep the standards high. The food was delicious, nots of great choices. The seating was contemporary, but they need more comfortable chairs. The servers were friendly, but less experienced. Overall, above average and worth a return visit.Special Features:
- ConsistentnyceaterVIPDined on 8/21/2014I've been coming to Cookshop for years. And when they started serving breakfast a few years ago, it was a godsend! Great selection, yum yum eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We followed our waiter, Matty's recommendations for a variety of snacks and appetizers, all were spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Myself and a friend came here this past weekend from a rec. from my sister and her boyfriend. Did not disappoint. There's no reason not to give it 5 stars because it's exactly what we were looking for: the portions were not ridiculous, everything was well thought out (i.e the yogurt sauce contrast on the spicy lamb meatball appetizer), and it was all a great value. We shared the spicy lamb meatballs, the housemade pickle plate (should be called housemade PICKLED plate because it's not different pickles...just a few pickles and pickled veggies), heirloom tomato side, and the mixed grille. Very doable to share 2 apps, and entree, and a side if it's just 2 people.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Friendly staff. Awesome food. Excellent menu. Fairly priced. As always!Special Features:
- Great sunday brunch spotDTMinNYCDined on 8/16/2014Went here during a stroll by the high line. Great spot with good casual but energetic vibe. Very good fresh fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONSISTENTLY GOODIZ817VIPDined on 8/15/2014a real gem if you're in the chelsea gallery area. great service, fun atmosphere and really good basic food.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerjennamarieDined on 8/12/2014This place is always packed so I made a reservation through open table for a birthday dinner with a friend. The general vibe here is warm and inviting. It's a little loud but it's conversation noise and I don't mind that. The true stand out portion of my experience here was our waiter. He was very attentive without having that hovering quality. Even though neither I nor my friend mentioned it was her birthday he brought over a cupcake with a candle and champagne. Very sweet! I'll definitely be returning to Cookshop.Special Features:
- Enjoyable timekitchykatieDined on 8/12/2014Went here for a client dinner and had a very enjoyable experience. The waiter was very helpful with accommodating appetizers with the amount of people and making suggestions. The food was delicious and very nicely prepared. The restaurant its self was chic modern. Not overly fancy but upscale at the same time.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBrucksVIPDined on 8/12/2014Cookshop is a delight! Wait staff was so attentive and well informed. The waiter's suggestions were on target and his knowledge of the wine was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I arrived early but was seated immediately. The food was outstanding! I will definitely be back. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014I just had brunch on Sunday, August 10th and the food was divine. We each ordered something different from the menu, so that we can taste each others food, and everything from the chicken salad, scrambled eggs with mushroom, walnut french toast and burger was delicious!! The food tasted fresh and was well prepared. We made a reservation and was seated about 15 minutes after the time. The hostess was very kind and took care of all of our luggage. The waiter was attentive and the ambiance was a great for a Sunday brunch. I will definitely go back again and have already recommended it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningCityGirlDined on 8/9/2014We had dinner with another couple here on a Saturday night. The hostess was very friendly and we were offered a table inside or outside. We sat outside and it was terrific. The service was wonderful and attentive and the outside seating area had enough privacy so that you didn't feel like you were eating on the sidewalk. The noise level was not an issue which is something I don't think can be said for the inside seating. Just walking to the ladies room I could tell it would be hard to have a conversation. Other than that I really enjoyed Cookshop and would go back.Special Features:
- Perfect brunch spot!BrunchBroadsDined on 8/9/2014Cookshop is 'thee' hot spot for sipping mimosas and dining on eggs bennies all. day. long. The staff is attentive and very friendly. The menu is mouthwatering. I highly recommend Cookshop for brunch with the girls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameIncredibleVIPDined on 8/9/2014I am finding myself visiting Cookshop less frequently these days and I place stamp on it today. I am sensing the staff are not satisfied employees although professional the vibe is not the same anymore. I only go to brunch and not dinner any longer basically due to the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pete HOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Incredibly accommodating! We changed our reservation twice on the day of dining and we were accommodated with a smile. See, in NYC if you behave civily, you will be treated as such. Food was outstanding with the ambiance a perfect balance of privacy and action. The appetizers were a touch light on portion but otherwise delicious. The place was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely outside on a summer's eveSully38VIPDined on 8/7/2014The food, service, and wine were great. Interesting specials and unusual wine list, albeit a little pricey.
- A Bonding ExperienceladylunchDined on 8/7/2014Having been to Cookshop a couple of times before, I suggested it to my teenage niece, who came from New Jersey to spend the day. She loved it, and so did I -decor, vibe, service and especially the food. Zucchini chips started things off just right, and things only got better from there. Service was excellent, noise level allowed us to use "indoor voices," and lunch crowd was interesting, with other "intergenerational" groups and pairs. I couldn't have been happier with my choice. I don't live in the neighborhood, but I'll certainly be back. Cookshop + High Line are a winning combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicemurphmanDined on 8/7/2014lunch with friends, they let us sit for 2 hours. great inventive food, good twist on old favorites with local farm to table flair. good lunch summer drink menu too. I was ½ hour late for my reservation and they still held my table.Special Features:
- Always specialmacklDined on 8/7/2014My go to spot for a wonderful eating and dining experience with warmth but not fussines, excellent varied locavorish American food, knowledgable service, warm spacious roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Everything we had - mocktails, cocktails, appetizers, entrees, bread that came with, dessert - was a true taste delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchAndiB23Dined on 8/5/2014Celebrating wedding dress happiness. Enjoyed popcorn sundae - one of best desserts ever! All food fresh and interestingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solidJasonVIPDined on 8/1/2014Neighborhood favorite always solid food and service. The oysters were very freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotRajaReviewDined on 8/1/2014The food was good. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Great experience.Special Features:
- a staple great place for chelseaeatoutalwaysDined on 8/1/2014I love cookshop and go there frequently. On this night, out waiter was excellent. I have had many efficient and charming waiters there. Bartenders-- not so. They are the type that generally refuse to even glance up to acknowledge you. One begins wondering if you will even get a "hello, i'll be right with you." Food is always reliable, and often excellent. We had several appetizers -- all excellent. Everyone loved with their entree, except for the two of us that ordered the pork chop. A great cut of meat, well cooked, but the peach compote described on the menu came as an overly smoky, goopy, slimy sauce that overpowered the dish-- and not in a good way. Otherwise-- Cookshop is always recommended if you can handle the high noise level.Special Features:
- Improving with Age!JAR71VIPDined on 7/29/2014I keep going back because I always have a good experience. Given its situation adjacent to the HighLine this is very busy spot. Unlike most restaurants that are very popular, and have been around a while, it just gets better and better. The food was excellent, the service just the right (informal but attentive and never fussy), and the ambience energetic but not over the top. Needless to say I will keep going back.Special Features:
- CaitDined on 7/29/2014Great, fresh food; however service was a little on the slow sideSpecial Features:
- Food Is InterestingEarsdrummedDined on 7/27/2014The food is always interesting. The people are always pretty. The service is variable and can range from fine to train wreck. Our waiter was clueless about small plate ordering and failed to determine how we wanted small plates delivered; as a result we had great flourishes arriving for all except one guest who ordered an entree - which he ate while we paid the bill. No amount of direction seemed to break through to Sparkles the Waiter who was so amped up on charm and flirting that he couldn't focus on the business at hand.Special Features:
- Never disappointsMPW1208Dined on 7/27/2014You're always guaranteed to get a great meal at Cookshop. I love that they change the menu up pretty often...it means that there is always something new to try whenever you go.Special Features:
- Perfect Saturday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Great food, great drink menu, incresible BLT Bloody Mary, overall excellent place to bring a group for brunch then walk the high line after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not GreatTravelJunkieVIPDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I thought that both of our appetizers (stuffed squash blossoms and salmon crudo) were excellent. However we found the main course (we both had the trout) to be fresh and well presented, but not very tasty as well as lacking in vegetables, though there was fruit with it. The wine recommendation was spot on. We enjoy the atmosphere and the staff are always delightful. Food is consistently good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent brunchImintheindustryDined on 7/26/2014went here on a Saturday at 4PM for brunch. Place was packed, however the hostess was super pleasant and managed to seat us very quickly at a nice corner table. I went with my girlfriend, and we both started with the blueberry margarita. Very good, fresh muddled berries, a little small for the price, but OK. I had the turkey sandwich, my girl had the egg sandwich. both were tasty, but unmemorable. nice experience overall, but would not make a special trip up nor wait more than 10 minutes for a table for the meal we had. I will try again if I happen to be in the neighborhood and hungry.Special Features: