156 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cookshopny.com/
- Phone: 2129244440
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-4:00pm
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 8:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30pm-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:30pm-11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Meyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Chris Paraskevaides 2129244440
- Cross Street: Corner of 10th Ave and 20th Street
- Public Transit: Both the A, C, E, or L at 14th street/8th avenue or the C, & E at 23rd Street. Also the 1 train is located at 18th street and 7th avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking available in street after 7pm and/or private/public lots across the street on 10th Ave & 20th St.
A word from Cookshop
Cookshop presents the ideal combination of great American food, prepared by Chef Marc Meyer, warm hospitality and meaningful design to west Chelsea. At the heart and soul of Cookshop lies the owners’ commitment to bringing an honest seasonal dining option to New York City coupled with an exceptional beverage program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cookshop reviews from OpenTable diners
398 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (255)neighborhood gem (216)great for brunch (193)great for outdoor dining (191)great for lunch (128)hot spot (113)good for groups (110)special occasion (78)romantic (47)vibrant bar scene (47)notable wine list (46)late-night find (30)kid-friendly (26)scenic view (14)Show More
- Just fineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Decent meal in a nice setting, but nothing special.Special Features:
- great foodeatingoutDined on 9/18/2014awesome food every time and great service. The only downfall is the noise level at dinnertime. other than that the food was impeccable. Served very timely. And served well. I would recommend this place. The best oysters to be found are here. Divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FantasticFoodQueenWJBDined on 9/17/2014We had fantastic service from James out server and Richard, who found a perfect wine. The food was very good and James made the whole experience delightful. Just the experience and meal we dreamed of having!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoner's delightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2014If you are baked this is the place for you....Start with the delicious bread and butter, proceed to the corn on the cob with jalepeno, move onto the pizza....and end with a desert...there all more health and diet conscious options on the menu, but this was my ticket to healing the other evening. my server encouraged me and I was so grateful....thank you Cookshop for making a comeback after an "off" period....you are more delicious than ever!!Special Features:
- Always high qualityMattVIPDined on 9/13/2014Cookshop is one of my favorites in the city - terrific, versatile and tasty menu, impeccable service, lovely, great vibe. Always recommend it to locals and out of towners alike. I mentioned it was my bf's birthday in our reservation notes and they brought a cupcake with a candle after our meal - always a class act.Special Features:
- Great placeEricksonfDined on 9/13/2014The staff met my wife and I by wishing us a happy anniversary. Free champagne, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat station needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014not at the same level it used to be. meat station needs work. someone doesn't know how to properly cook a fine piece of pork chop. what came to the table was tough as leather.
- Great Chelsea Hot SpotCTRobVIPDined on 9/13/2014The vibe was great at this well known Chelsea eatery. It's a casual fun atmosphere with great service, excellently prepared fresh food and a decently priced wine list. The three of us in the party really enjoyed the Waygu beef dish, a whole fish dish, and a vegetarian entree. The desserts were very inventive and delicious. Definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 9/13/2014We had brunch at Cook Shop. We ordered chicken liver pate, berries, huevos rancheros, and an egg sandwich. All of the food was flavorful and delicious! We ate outside which is always fun. The High Line is right across the street, but there is no real view.Special Features:
- Delicious and funLarahVIPDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday and can't wait to go back! The atmosphere is the right mix of cool but not pretentious. Food is absolutely delicious and service was unflappable. Still thinking about the mushroom polenta.Special Features:
- CookshophighstandardsDined on 9/11/2014Great energy! Wonderful service, everyone was actually very nice! The meatloaf is to die!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014The food was excellent, wine recommendations spot on and the waitstaff was very pleasant. Would recommend to anyone and plan to come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever evolving food sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014We recently celebrated our anniversary dinner here. I had been years ago and Cookshop still has it and then some! I spend a lot of time in the Chelsea area and this really is a neighborhood gem. The seasonal menu was exceptional and the cocktails were spot on. Definitely ask for recommendations as the staff is very well versed in the menu.Special Features:
- I am a repeat visitorodaddyoDined on 9/9/2014The service this past visit was ponderously slow and exasperating. The breakfast pizza and the corn cakes almost made up for the lackluster service.Special Features:
- Fantasticcsm1Dined on 9/8/2014We went for our anniversary. It is more lively than romantic, which was fine with us. The food was creative and terrific and the wines were excellent. Perhaps best of all the waitstaff and the sommelier were fantastic - friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I'm a vegan, which is a pain for any restaurant, but they could not have been more accommodating and the food was plentiful and tasty (not just the veg plate some places will give you). And the sommelier, having discussed with us what we like, actually encouraged us to get the less expensive wine of the two we were considering, and the wine was perfect. Not much negative to say, although if you are looking for a quiet place it would not fit the bill.Special Features:
- All positivesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014went for birthday dinner with wife & son. Service couldn't have been better. Food was excellent; all appetizers, entrees, & bread & dessert. i look forward to going again.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchbrunchisthebestDined on 9/7/2014Three of us ate brunch this past Sunday - what a great experience and our waiter was attentive, the food was lovely and the bloody mary's were wonderful!!!!! Cook Shop is one of our favorites -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NomiVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great, as usual - the trout was especially good and the popcorn sundae was divine.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014Outstanding meal- food was great and Sean Patrick, our waiter, was incredible!Special Features:
- YUM!bd80956Dined on 9/1/2014Great spot for a special birthday dinner! It was just what we were looking for in terms of a solidly nicer good-food restaurant, without being over-the-top upscale. We had been wanting to try Cookshop for awhile, especially after enjoying Hundred Acres so much a few months back, and it was worth the wait! We extra-loved the fun cocktail menu, the pesto pasta dish, and the chocolate peanut butter dessert, AND the nectarine dessert (we couldn't narrow it down to just one) - and the service was top-notch! Very friendly and warm vibe from everyone we encountered. Super nice ambience and decor, with the perfect sort of low (but not too low) lighting. Thanks for an awesome night, Cookshop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014Excellent food and friendly staff. That's what it takes for restaurant to succeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatAbbyVIPDined on 8/31/2014I was looking forward to coming to Cookshop, as I just moved to the neighborhood and had read/heard great things about it. We were able to sit outside, which was great because NYFW was in full swing and we had great people watching. The food was good, not great. To start my father and I shared the scallop ceviche, which was our favorite thing of the night. For our entrees I had the field greens salad and my father had the heirloom tomato salad. The ingredients were all very fresh, but the salads felt so plain and not very interesting. I will definitely be back to try the lunch/brunch options and I would recommend Cookshop to anyone who is already in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentWalterDined on 8/31/2014Just an outstanding experience all around. Great menu with many fantastic options. Terrific service. Outstanding food. Will undoubtedly return again and again!Special Features:
- Always a treat!RahRahDined on 8/31/2014We have been to cookshop for brunch many times and plan to continue to dine here as long as we live! This place never disappoints with the food and drinks. Bloody marys are fantastic with many varieties to choose from and the food is always delicious. We are already looking forward to coming here again!Special Features:
- Celebrate in NYCDrMikeDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed a Sunday brunch/Birthday celebration here and loved it. Food and service was very good. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming brunch venueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014charming venue with delicious food! very fresh ingredients. all dishes executed well.Special Features:
- Excellent MealHL1989Dined on 8/28/2014We had a fabulous time at Cookshop. Our waiter, Michael, was one of the best waiters I've ever had. He gave us excellent suggestions for drinks, entrees and desserts - we ordered everything he recommended and each dish was delicious! After chatting with him for a bit, the general manager came to speak with us as well which was incredibly thoughtful. I will definitely recommend this restaurant and come back again soon!Special Features:
- Celebration DinnerfooddudeDined on 8/26/2014My girlfriend took me here to celebrate my new job. One of the most important things when we go out to eat is the service. This place has that along with the amazing food. The waiter was very attentive to our needs. He was proactive with filling our drinks but not over attentive. The food was very unique and you can tell it was prepared with love from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experienceWhateva783VIPDined on 8/25/2014We did not know what to expect when our friend recommended this restaurant. Wow, great ambience, food was unique with a great mix of unique and savory flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chelsea MagicnotquiteafoodieDined on 8/24/2014Every bite was delicious. Service was professional, attentive and non-intrusive. Atmosphere was everything you would want from a neighborhood or destination restaurant. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- loved itlolcatDined on 8/24/2014got the cantaloupe cooler and fried egg sandwich. amazing texture and flavors. so filling I couldn't finish it. would definitely come back here with foodie friendsSpecial Features:
- New York Brunch ExperienceJennyDined on 8/24/2014Chose Cookshop for brunch following a recommendation from The Times in England and not disappointed. Struck by the variety of breads and unusual Bloody Mary's as well as the more traditional brunch fare. Restaurant is very busy with queues so bill is brought as soon as finished without asking for it and queues for restroom so not a place to linger but a great experience none the less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food, service, ambience all fantastic. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunch!belouneDined on 8/23/2014I loved the Cookshop. Excellent service, delicious, fresh and tasty food, a wonderful ambiance inside and outside. I was lucky enough to have eaten on the patio where it was more quiet and I got to enjoy the street view. Great location since it is right next to the Highline. I would definitely recommend this spot for brunch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant came highly recommended to us and lived up to our expectation! The food, the service, the ambiance....it was AMAZING from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014cookshop has been my go-to restaurant for any and all out of town visitors. i took two friends from college there, one of whom had just sold his business. one of my friend's cocktails was taking a long time to get to the table. he very nicely asked our waiter, "are you doing alright with that martini?" the waiter responded, "No, but the bartender is" and walked away. we were gobsmacked. shortly after, a waitress us the drink. she, when we told her we'd asked for olives, not lemon, actually rolled her eyes at us and walked away with his drink. we all laughed, but i was embarrassed. the only time our waiter smiled at us was when he delivered the check. as i said, my friend just sold his business. bill blew it.Special Features:
- Fine dining with funky serviceNotpickyjustcriticalDined on 8/21/2014The first time I went to Cookshop I had a wonderful dining experience. Our server was a delight, engaging, knowledgable, and cheeky! I was buzzing after I left the restaurant from the impeccably prepared food (fresh and interesting flavors) along with service. The SECOND time I went with a larger group, the food remained delicious, but the service truly disappointing in every aspect. Our server took 30 mins to take our order, and had an attitude. Cookshop is a popular restaurant, and the food is truly very good and inventive, but I was surprised by the discepancy between my dining experiences. ALSO, the drinks took an eternity to come to the table, and busers had no etiquette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findSeafoodguyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Cookshop figured out how to serve excellent food, indoors or out, and keep the standards high. The food was delicious, nots of great choices. The seating was contemporary, but they need more comfortable chairs. The servers were friendly, but less experienced. Overall, above average and worth a return visit.Special Features:
- ConsistentnyceaterVIPDined on 8/21/2014I've been coming to Cookshop for years. And when they started serving breakfast a few years ago, it was a godsend! Great selection, yum yum eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We followed our waiter, Matty's recommendations for a variety of snacks and appetizers, all were spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.