156 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cookshopny.com/
- Phone: 2129244440
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-4:00pm
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 8:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30pm-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:30pm-11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Meyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Chris Paraskevaides 2129244440
- Cross Street: Corner of 10th Ave and 20th Street
- Public Transit: Both the A, C, E, or L at 14th street/8th avenue or the C, & E at 23rd Street. Also the 1 train is located at 18th street and 7th avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking available in street after 7pm and/or private/public lots across the street on 10th Ave & 20th St.
A word from Cookshop
Cookshop presents the ideal combination of great American food, prepared by Chef Marc Meyer, warm hospitality and meaningful design to west Chelsea. At the heart and soul of Cookshop lies the owners’ commitment to bringing an honest seasonal dining option to New York City coupled with an exceptional beverage program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cookshop reviews from OpenTable diners
412 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (266)neighborhood gem (226)great for brunch (191)great for outdoor dining (174)great for lunch (127)good for groups (117)hot spot (114)special occasion (79)romantic (46)notable wine list (45)vibrant bar scene (43)late-night find (29)kid-friendly (26)scenic view (9)Show More
- Brunch in CookshopCarrozziniDined on 10/19/2014Been there with my wife after à wonderfull walk on the skyline and a visit at Chelsea Market. Perfect place to brunch but make a reservation otherwise waiting can be long !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Service and ambiance were outstanding. The food, while very good, was over salted.
- LunchSwissyDined on 10/16/2014The food was excellent, the staff very friendly and competent. We had a good time.I can recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Lively Neighborhood Chelsea SpotRhinoxDined on 10/15/2014One of the best lunch spots in the area. Lively and unpretentious fare that remains light but hearty. Great French Fries are worth it alone!Special Features:
- Always greatLOOCDined on 10/15/2014This restaurant never disappoints me! The food is always top notch and unique, with a constantly changing menu to keep it fresh. Always a lively crowd with a great atmosphere, It's a no brainier to combine with gallery visits for a perfect day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodGreatDined on 10/14/2014Still raving about my homemade pasta....I rarely treat myself to carbs but the semolina is sensational. Our food took a bit too long and the manager generously offered us wine and dessert on the house. He did the right thing....I was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Winner!LampsVIPDined on 10/13/2014We first discovered on a trip to the HighLine in the summer and have been back 3 times since. We love the fresh, interesting food, the friendly service and the fact that the menu changes regularly. When we have friends in from out of town, we often end a trip to the Highline with a dinner at Cookshop and we've never been disappointed. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Perfect!sheilaDined on 10/12/2014We ate dinner seated at the bar and everything was perfect. The bar staff (Sunday evening, Oct 12) was friendly and professional and the food was amazing!We ate dinner seated at the bar and everything was perfect. The bar staff (sunday evening, Oct 12) was friendly and professional and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PG18Dined on 10/12/2014The food was delicious and the service was spot on, even though they were extremely busy. Had a wonderful experience and will definitely be adding to the top of my favorite places to brunch list. The butternut squash omelet was amazing!Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014The food at cookshop is always top notch, and the service was exceptional. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the entire menu and the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly greatFred6vDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed our meal at Cookshop with one disappointment. Gnocchi was great, salads were good, and chicken was exceptional. The Lamb mixed grill was a letdown. The leg of lamb portion of this dish was rather gray/overcooked (heatlamp?) and somewhat devoid of flavor.Special Features:
- Chelsea Charmerrunmom23VIPDined on 10/11/2014Our most recent dinner was probably my fourth or fifth visit to Cookshop. The food is always fresh, seasonal and interesting. Even on a packed Saturday evening, the noise level is conducive to conversation with our tablemates. The service was particularly good on this last visit as our server was extremely knowledgable and accommodating, not batting an eye to my dietary requirements. The only reason the food got 4 out of 5 stars is that my husband could not see his pork entree well enough in the dim light to be able to trim the fat from the meat, so he was not fully satisfied. Overall, another fantastic experience at Cookshop.Special Features:
- Incredible brunchfoodloverDined on 10/11/2014Very personable, professional, and accommodating wait staff -- saw them dealing with all sorts of requests during a very busy Saturday brunch. Excellent coffee and wonderful food. We'll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014We shared the Huevos Rancheros and Lemon Ricotta pancakes and both were excellent! Service is great and food was great!Special Features:
- Satisfying spotfoodmattersVIPDined on 10/10/2014The farm to table food was delicious and I would come here more often but one cannot hear one's table companion at all. My recommendation is that something be done to reduce the noise level, it distracts from the experience. Service is friendly and adequate, atmosphere borders on hip.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014We loved it here! Our first time but not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!ElisaDined on 10/5/2014I'm a vegetarian and my husband is a big meat eater. We both really enjoyed the food and the options were great for both of us. The kale salad was divine. My husband loved his steak and it was cooked perfectly. The waiter we had was amazing, he was super attentive and very sweet. He gave excellent recommendations too. Next time we're in NYC we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsEataLotDined on 10/3/2014First time eating at the Cookshop. We had a late lunch so the restaurant was not too crowded. The selection of food for lunch was very good and varied. I ordered the Pork belly BLT which was incredibly delicious and just the right portion. The service was excellent. Our server, Chris was very attentive and friendly. We never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBarbVIPDined on 10/2/2014Hated the food - very rich and overly dressed even though we asked for our dinner to be cooked without a lot of oil. Service very slow.
- Good place/food, not dissapointingPattyDined on 9/30/2014A busy little restaurant, good food and welcoming ambiance. Great for reliable good lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!dininginnyDined on 9/28/2014A big highlight for the organic salads and roasted chicken, and of course the popcorn ice cream sundaeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Went here for brunch based on Yelp and Open Table reviews. I got the lemon ricotta pancakes and my husband got the egg sandwich. Pancakes were good, nothing amazing, but good. The egg sandwich was better, with homemade sausage and a side of spicy potatoes. Overall good experience, went Sunday morning before it was too busy, but by the time we left it was very busy. My only complaint is that when I asked for a latte, the waitress brought me a regular coffee with a side of milk. If they didn't offer coffee drinks, she should have told me they only had regular coffee. I guess I don't consider that a latte. Maybe I'm wrong? I don't know a ton about coffee.Special Features:
- Yum!BostonFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/25/2014Good food, wonderful service, great choices! Food was excellent---wholesome, healthy and well-prepared. Chicken livers--swoon! Corn fritters---double swoon! Chatham cod and duck confit---triple yum. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous lunchrainedoutDined on 9/25/2014We had a 1:30 reservation, but it was raining and we were hungry, so we arrived an hour early, and we were seated right away by a gracious hostess. Our lunch was delicious. Fish was very fresh and well prepared. Vegetables were wonderful. Our server, Bruce, was knowlegeable, friendly and very professional. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, even better serviceCewcooperDined on 9/24/2014Can't really fault this resturant and the service was incredible, so many staff, always there when needed. Would highly recommend it to anyone, reasonable value for the food quality, lamb meatloaf was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestajrsVIPDined on 9/23/2014Best service in NYC with a menu to match! The staff manages a full house with ease and did not rush us from our table when they went on a waitlist. A really great experience - I will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014Always the freshest seasonal food; warm, friendly service; small but well-chosen wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good flavorsMsFoodieVIPDined on 9/22/2014We had a wonderful kale and roasted squash salad and a lamb meatloaf with nice mediterranean flavors which we liked very much. My entree wasn't memorable (in fact I can't even remember what I had.) The tables are too close together (the people at the table next to us joined in our conversation) and the decible level is deafening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceDinerDined on 9/22/2014solid food, friendly wait staff, clean and fresh food.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experienceRobbVIPDined on 9/20/2014Cookshop is one of my favorite restaurants that appeals to anyone's cuisine preference. With a friend visiting us, the food was wonderful and everyone loved everything. But, I have to say one thing that brings it over the top is the service and the genuine friendly service from the staff from the front door to the table. The wait staff is truly exceptional - helpful, knowledgeable, efficient and not stuffy at all. It is so nice to have that comfort. I recommend Cookshop to anyone - tourist or local. They offer solid and flavorful food, great drinks and outstanding service at affordable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Decent meal in a nice setting, but nothing special.Special Features:
- great foodeatingoutDined on 9/18/2014awesome food every time and great service. The only downfall is the noise level at dinnertime. other than that the food was impeccable. Served very timely. And served well. I would recommend this place. The best oysters to be found are here. Divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FantasticFoodQueenWJBDined on 9/17/2014We had fantastic service from James out server and Richard, who found a perfect wine. The food was very good and James made the whole experience delightful. Just the experience and meal we dreamed of having!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoner's delightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2014If you are baked this is the place for you....Start with the delicious bread and butter, proceed to the corn on the cob with jalepeno, move onto the pizza....and end with a desert...there all more health and diet conscious options on the menu, but this was my ticket to healing the other evening. my server encouraged me and I was so grateful....thank you Cookshop for making a comeback after an "off" period....you are more delicious than ever!!Special Features:
- food is alway goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/16/2014Cookshop is a restaurant when all else fails we always go back to when visiting friends in NY. However, it commits the common sin of auctioning off food and taking away plates before people are done eating. The caliber of food and attentiveness to detail should be cascaded wait staff so each plate is set in front of the right diner.Special Features:
- Always high qualityMattVIPDined on 9/13/2014Cookshop is one of my favorites in the city - terrific, versatile and tasty menu, impeccable service, lovely, great vibe. Always recommend it to locals and out of towners alike. I mentioned it was my bf's birthday in our reservation notes and they brought a cupcake with a candle after our meal - always a class act.Special Features:
- Great placeEricksonfDined on 9/13/2014The staff met my wife and I by wishing us a happy anniversary. Free champagne, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat station needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014not at the same level it used to be. meat station needs work. someone doesn't know how to properly cook a fine piece of pork chop. what came to the table was tough as leather.
- Great Chelsea Hot SpotCTRobVIPDined on 9/13/2014The vibe was great at this well known Chelsea eatery. It's a casual fun atmosphere with great service, excellently prepared fresh food and a decently priced wine list. The three of us in the party really enjoyed the Waygu beef dish, a whole fish dish, and a vegetarian entree. The desserts were very inventive and delicious. Definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 9/13/2014We had brunch at Cook Shop. We ordered chicken liver pate, berries, huevos rancheros, and an egg sandwich. All of the food was flavorful and delicious! We ate outside which is always fun. The High Line is right across the street, but there is no real view.Special Features: