68 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.convivium-osteria.com/
- Phone: 7188571833
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlo Pulixi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our Wine Cellar, which holds up to 25 guests for private parties. We also have our Back Room which can seat up to 30 guests.
We also offer buyouts, in which 70 guests could be served.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Pulixi 7184502428
A word from Convivium Osteria
Convivium Osteria is a romantic and transporting Italo-Iberian restaurant featuring central Italian cuisine with influences of Spain and Portugal. Three candlelit dining rooms, perfect for large gatherings or small intimate romantic dinners, is the perfect environment to taste authentic cuisine featuring local and organic. You may dine in our winecellar and select a wine from our list of over 300 Italian, Spanish or Portugal handpicked wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Convivium Osteria - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Convivium Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (55)romantic (52)notable wine list (37)special occasion (35)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Charming with interesting menuCheckPleaseVIPDined on 10/19/2014The decor of the copper pots is visually entertaining and cozy. The menu is inventive. Service was a bit stand offish so nothing exceptional there but the place is so good people probably are ok with it. Great back yard space. Came here after a Nets game since we were in the neighborhood and rarely eat in Brooklyn. We;ll be backSpecial Features:
- Exceeded expectations!HikerRDDined on 10/18/2014I'm picky and spend a great deal of time searching before securing a reservation. And Convivium Osteria exceeded my expectations. It has the intimate feel of dining with old friends--unpretentious friends, and the food was lovely. They were gracious enough to let us sample some reds before deciding which one to choose--they have a number of unusual ones from Portugal worth exploring in addition to familiar varieties from Italy. I'd return in a heartbeat! Don't hesitate to reserve!Special Features:
- Romantic dinner placeSoupDined on 10/14/2014Convivium is fine dining. My husband and I went there for his birthday dinner this week. We had two appetizers and two mains. He enjoyed the clams first and then the lamb. He thought both were excellent. They were out of the burrata, my first choice for appetizer, so I enjoyed a grilled artichoke. My main was a very rich spinach gnudi in a creamy sauce. Good but I wish there was maybe one other veg option among the mains. The head waiter was very pre occupied by his phone the while time so service was so so. I found the food good, but overpriced. We skipped dessert and went across the street to The Chocolate Room for a slice of birthday cake. We had made reservations at Convivium but they weren't really necessary. Small, intimate venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star dining without the attitudeLoveAgoodDinnerDined on 10/10/2014We've come here for two special occasions - both times we were given very romantic tables and amazing service. Our most recent visit was phenomenal. The service was friendly and quick, the wine (recommended by the waiter) was superb and the food, delicious. Our table was on the bottom level and we felt transported to another world. We left happy and full and already planning out next dinner there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/2/2014The food, service and wine are always outstanding.Special Features:
- A GemLovetheQDined on 9/27/2014This is a great little find near both Barkley's stadium and BAM. If you are looking for a great pre-show meal this is the place, but book early because seating is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MarthaDined on 9/27/2014Had a wonderful time here. The food was superb. Looking forward to coming back the next time I'm in Brooklyn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014First time dining at Convivium Osteria. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the food, ambiance, and service. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Good spot pre-BarclaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/24/2014One of the better spots in and around Barclays. Pretty interesting menu, and very gracious service. Just a heads up but they only take American Express and cash, so plan accordingly.Special Features:
- Close to Barclay CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014We had a delicious meal here before our concert. The burrata and manila clam appetizers were amazing. We really enjoyed our dinner and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Surprising!StSimonDined on 9/22/20141st time we dined in Brooklyn. Loved the ambiance and friendly courteous service. Very good shared charcuterie and cheese board. Excellent stuffed quail app, whole sea bass and red snapper entrees. Pasta entree was just ok. Desserts not their strong suit but we're ok. If I lived in the neighborhood, would come here often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great!almin1204VIPDined on 9/17/2014I have been a regular at Convivium for 10+ years. The food is not always consistent although, in general, it's always pretty good but pricey. At this time, a couple of things went wrong, starting with overcooked pasta. Also, their service is always decent but quite impersonal... with not that much of saluting and/or greeting their guests. The owner got mad at me because I plugged my phone to recharge. He could have used better manners, no doubt. I will go back at some point, but not in the near future.Special Features:
- A "rustic" must!ScottyPDined on 9/14/2014Now that all sorts NYC foodies are willing to come to Brooklyn. If when it's your turn to make the trek Convivium is a must. Ask to sit downstairs in the wine cellar. Hard to put the rest into words!Special Features:
- Great for your AnniversaryRomanDined on 9/14/2014We celebrated our anniversary there... it was amazing. Service was detailed and considerate. Menus will change and seas will part if you need them to. Great romantic nook, especially downstairs in the wine cellar. Food was amazing!!! Recommend it, suggest you come, +1.Special Features:
- Outstanding dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014A group of 8 friends gathered at Convivium Osteria recently for a class reunion. We booked the downstairs room, which consists of just one large table. The service was attentive but not overbearing, the food was delicious and reasonably priced, and the space was intimate and inviting. The waiter even took a picture for us at the end! One of the best experiences at a restaurant I've had in a while (and I go out a lot).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a restaurant oasisClaudiaDined on 9/11/2014Great greeting from Sergio followed with prompt service and great food. Always a wonderful special occasion treat.Special Features:
- My favorite place in Brooklynmwacker7Dined on 9/9/2014The food is always perfecto! The wine choices are many and if you need help choosing one no worries! Just tell the hide what you like flavor wise and give him a price point. He has never let me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ON WAY TO BARCLAYS CONCERTvallikestoeatVIPDined on 9/9/2014BEST CHOICE FOR DINING IF YOU WANT TO BE CLOSE BY BARCLAYS AND MISS THE TRAFFICSpecial Features:
- Worth driving to BrooklyntruleybadVIPDined on 9/6/2014We waited for a wonderful dining experience and weren't disappointed! Loved the food choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, againbmaguideVIPDined on 9/5/2014Went with another couple for a wonderful dinner. We always look forward to dining here. They didn't have my favorite Cornish hen so I tried the linguine with shrimp and it was fantastic.Special Features:
- You Can Count on this GemVIVIANDined on 9/5/2014I have eatem at Convivium Osteria many times and it has never failed to amaze. From the atmosphere, service, appropriate music (theme and vlume) to, and most important, the great food, it's a winner every time. Before I leave the restaurant, I'm thinking of the next time I can dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cute and cozynativebrooklyniteDined on 7/27/2014super cool place, dishes were dope. decor was off the charts awesome. they were closing the next day for a month so the menu was kind of limited but had a great experienceSpecial Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Had dinner with friends and the whole evening was perfect form the ambiance to the dessert. The wine recommendation was great and the food was probably the best part of the evening.Special Features:
- As expected...EXCELLENTsisterinlawDined on 7/25/2014Once again, the pleasure of dining here is enhanced by the brick-walled romance of the room, the utterly efficient and wonderfully humorous--and tolerant--wait staff and the beautiful food.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseRickNY9Dined on 7/25/2014Was going to a concert at the Barclay and found this place online. Cool atmosphere, we sat in the backyard, very solid food and good wine A bit pricey overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!! We'll be back!CookieVIPDined on 7/24/2014If you're in the mood for a great dining experience, this is the place! Sergio was outstanding in selecting a perfect wine for us and Fabio an attentive and professional server. The food was spectacular. Pappardelle with a Lamb Ragu, out of this world, SeaBass in a white wine and lemon broth...probably the best I've ever had, the flavor was delectable! We will be back, but we'll have to wait :( they'll be closed for 5 weeks due to renovation of the wine cellar in which we were sat) the ambiance was very private and romantic!
- special occasion ignoredOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014I've always loved this restaurant. Great food and wine. But my comments in the Open Table reservation that this was a birthday celebration was ignored. No one asked about this when we were seated.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerfoodie77Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary dinner, the food was outstanding! We had the quail and burrata for apps and while I had the special my husband had the ravioli with rabbit ragu, thank goodness he was in the mood to share because it was delish! We sat downstairs in their wine cellar which provided great ambience, the only downfall was that there is not enough small tables so we were sat at the large community table. Another couple were sat at the other end but shortly after a small table became free and they went to sit there. Overall it was a great experience and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceToddVIPDined on 7/9/2014Convivium has wonderful food. We had the pasta special for the day as an appetizer, and it was delicious. As for main courses, both the whole bass and the rabbit were absolutely terrific. The place is very quaint and friendly. They only take AMEX (and cash).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ExperienceAnonymousVIPDined on 6/28/2014I was fortunate enough to be seated in the wine cellar. The food was excellent, as well as the table's choice of Spanish Red Wine. I don't come here too often, however every time I am treated to a fine meal and feel like I've been transported back to Portuagal or Spain - take your pick.Special Features:
- WonderfulKBarMVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was outstanding, wine list interesting and reasonably priced, space is lovely. This establishment obviously takes a great deal of care in all aspects of the restaurant. You really are transported to the best of Italy. Spinach gnudi and rabbit dishes were both phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Food was excellent -- fresh, flavorful, seasoned well. Can't go wrong with the Grilled octopus and the red snapper. Staff was friendly, had great recommendations for wine-food pairing. Friends had the artichoke starter (tasty, but a little tough/fiber-y) and the apple, cinnamon ravioli with lamb ragu which sounds strange but is a great combo of sweet and savory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingVaroonVIPDined on 6/27/2014The burrata and the ribeye were truly incredible. The burrata was perfectly seasoned with its trademark silky texture and nutty flavor. The ribeye was on par with the best steakhouses in the city, perfectly seasoned and cooked. The service was spot on and the evening was enjoyable from start to finish. I'll definitely be returning and you should go as well.Special Features:
- The following 506 reviews are from the Convivium Osteria reviews archive.
- Lovely for a Date or OccassionntmncerDined on 6/18/2014Highly recommended and it came through. The food was outstanding, the staff was attentive helpful and friendly. The ambience was polished rustic and lovely. Loved it.Special Features:
- jsalVIPDined on 6/16/2014Went here for dinner with a big group. Very accommodating and friendly service. The food was excellent, particularly the ribeye for 2. The place is nice and has outdoor seating.
- Pleasantly surprisedNEatsDined on 6/14/2014Great food and service. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. I would not have chosen to go inside if I never knew about the place because the facade was uninviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticofood4lifeDined on 6/7/2014Simply a gem! The staff is extremely accommodating and worked with us even when we were an hour late to our reservation due to traffic. The food was fantastic and the lamb was in the top two that I have ever eaten. The wine list has great options and I highly recommend the nebbiolo. The ambience was rustic but had a sheik feel to it. This a must try for foodies and anyone who is looking for an escape to modern day Italy.Special Features:
- DanBVIPDined on 6/2/2014Food was delicious, if maybe a bit oversalted. Old school restaurant, but very nice.Special Features:
- SpecialMBR529Dined on 5/31/2014It was my 20th wedding anniversary & the perfect place for a romantic dinner. Our table for two was in the wine cellar. Our service was on point. They couldn't have accommodated us more. The food was delicious. But for us it was really about the whole package. I wanted somewhere special, and this was THE place. My wife said it was "sexy".Special Features:
- A gem in Park SlopeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/30/2014You can't go wrong with this place. If you are looking for a nice, special restaurant, this is it! Always excellent. Always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.