68 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.convivium-osteria.com/
- Phone: 7188571833
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlo Pulixi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our Wine Cellar, which holds up to 25 guests for private parties. We also have our Back Room which can seat up to 30 guests.
We also offer buyouts, in which 70 guests could be served.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Pulixi 7184502428
A word from Convivium Osteria
Convivium Osteria is a romantic and transporting Italo-Iberian restaurant featuring central Italian cuisine with influences of Spain and Portugal. Three candlelit dining rooms, perfect for large gatherings or small intimate romantic dinners, is the perfect environment to taste authentic cuisine featuring local and organic. You may dine in our winecellar and select a wine from our list of over 300 Italian, Spanish or Portugal handpicked wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Convivium Osteria - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Convivium Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)romantic (58)fit for foodies (52)special occasion (42)notable wine list (42)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- A "rustic" must!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Now that all sorts NYC foodies are willing to come to Brooklyn. If when it's your turn to make the trek Convivium is a must. Ask to sit downstairs in the wine cellar. Hard to put the rest into words!Special Features:
- Great for your AnniversaryRomanDined on 9/14/2014We celebrated our anniversary there... it was amazing. Service was detailed and considerate. Menus will change and seas will part if you need them to. Great romantic nook, especially downstairs in the wine cellar. Food was amazing!!! Recommend it, suggest you come, +1.Special Features:
- Outstanding dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014A group of 8 friends gathered at Convivium Osteria recently for a class reunion. We booked the downstairs room, which consists of just one large table. The service was attentive but not overbearing, the food was delicious and reasonably priced, and the space was intimate and inviting. The waiter even took a picture for us at the end! One of the best experiences at a restaurant I've had in a while (and I go out a lot).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a restaurant oasisClaudiaDined on 9/11/2014Great greeting from Sergio followed with prompt service and great food. Always a wonderful special occasion treat.Special Features:
- My favorite place in Brooklynmwacker7Dined on 9/9/2014The food is always perfecto! The wine choices are many and if you need help choosing one no worries! Just tell the hide what you like flavor wise and give him a price point. He has never let me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ON WAY TO BARCLAYS CONCERTvallikestoeatVIPDined on 9/9/2014BEST CHOICE FOR DINING IF YOU WANT TO BE CLOSE BY BARCLAYS AND MISS THE TRAFFICSpecial Features:
- Worth driving to BrooklyntruleybadDined on 9/6/2014We waited for a wonderful dining experience and weren't disappointed! Loved the food choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, againbmaguideVIPDined on 9/5/2014Went with another couple for a wonderful dinner. We always look forward to dining here. They didn't have my favorite Cornish hen so I tried the linguine with shrimp and it was fantastic.Special Features:
- You Can Count on this GemVIVIANDined on 9/5/2014I have eatem at Convivium Osteria many times and it has never failed to amaze. From the atmosphere, service, appropriate music (theme and vlume) to, and most important, the great food, it's a winner every time. Before I leave the restaurant, I'm thinking of the next time I can dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cute and cozynativebrooklyniteDined on 7/27/2014super cool place, dishes were dope. decor was off the charts awesome. they were closing the next day for a month so the menu was kind of limited but had a great experienceSpecial Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Had dinner with friends and the whole evening was perfect form the ambiance to the dessert. The wine recommendation was great and the food was probably the best part of the evening.Special Features:
- As expected...EXCELLENTsisterinlawDined on 7/25/2014Once again, the pleasure of dining here is enhanced by the brick-walled romance of the room, the utterly efficient and wonderfully humorous--and tolerant--wait staff and the beautiful food.Special Features:
- Amazing!!! We'll be back!CookieVIPDined on 7/24/2014If you're in the mood for a great dining experience, this is the place! Sergio was outstanding in selecting a perfect wine for us and Fabio an attentive and professional server. The food was spectacular. Pappardelle with a Lamb Ragu, out of this world, SeaBass in a white wine and lemon broth...probably the best I've ever had, the flavor was delectable! We will be back, but we'll have to wait :( they'll be closed for 5 weeks due to renovation of the wine cellar in which we were sat) the ambiance was very private and romantic!
- special occasion ignoredOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014I've always loved this restaurant. Great food and wine. But my comments in the Open Table reservation that this was a birthday celebration was ignored. No one asked about this when we were seated.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerfoodie77Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary dinner, the food was outstanding! We had the quail and burrata for apps and while I had the special my husband had the ravioli with rabbit ragu, thank goodness he was in the mood to share because it was delish! We sat downstairs in their wine cellar which provided great ambience, the only downfall was that there is not enough small tables so we were sat at the large community table. Another couple were sat at the other end but shortly after a small table became free and they went to sit there. Overall it was a great experience and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceToddVIPDined on 7/9/2014Convivium has wonderful food. We had the pasta special for the day as an appetizer, and it was delicious. As for main courses, both the whole bass and the rabbit were absolutely terrific. The place is very quaint and friendly. They only take AMEX (and cash).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ExperienceAnonymousVIPDined on 6/28/2014I was fortunate enough to be seated in the wine cellar. The food was excellent, as well as the table's choice of Spanish Red Wine. I don't come here too often, however every time I am treated to a fine meal and feel like I've been transported back to Portuagal or Spain - take your pick.Special Features:
- WonderfulKBarMVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was outstanding, wine list interesting and reasonably priced, space is lovely. This establishment obviously takes a great deal of care in all aspects of the restaurant. You really are transported to the best of Italy. Spinach gnudi and rabbit dishes were both phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Food was excellent -- fresh, flavorful, seasoned well. Can't go wrong with the Grilled octopus and the red snapper. Staff was friendly, had great recommendations for wine-food pairing. Friends had the artichoke starter (tasty, but a little tough/fiber-y) and the apple, cinnamon ravioli with lamb ragu which sounds strange but is a great combo of sweet and savory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingVaroonVIPDined on 6/27/2014The burrata and the ribeye were truly incredible. The burrata was perfectly seasoned with its trademark silky texture and nutty flavor. The ribeye was on par with the best steakhouses in the city, perfectly seasoned and cooked. The service was spot on and the evening was enjoyable from start to finish. I'll definitely be returning and you should go as well.Special Features:
- Lovely for a Date or OccassionntmncerDined on 6/18/2014Highly recommended and it came through. The food was outstanding, the staff was attentive helpful and friendly. The ambience was polished rustic and lovely. Loved it.Special Features:
- jsalVIPDined on 6/16/2014Went here for dinner with a big group. Very accommodating and friendly service. The food was excellent, particularly the ribeye for 2. The place is nice and has outdoor seating.
- Pleasantly surprisedNEatsDined on 6/14/2014Great food and service. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. I would not have chosen to go inside if I never knew about the place because the facade was uninviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticofood4lifeDined on 6/7/2014Simply a gem! The staff is extremely accommodating and worked with us even when we were an hour late to our reservation due to traffic. The food was fantastic and the lamb was in the top two that I have ever eaten. The wine list has great options and I highly recommend the nebbiolo. The ambience was rustic but had a sheik feel to it. This a must try for foodies and anyone who is looking for an escape to modern day Italy.Special Features:
- DanBVIPDined on 6/2/2014Food was delicious, if maybe a bit oversalted. Old school restaurant, but very nice.Special Features:
- SpecialMBR529Dined on 5/31/2014It was my 20th wedding anniversary & the perfect place for a romantic dinner. Our table for two was in the wine cellar. Our service was on point. They couldn't have accommodated us more. The food was delicious. But for us it was really about the whole package. I wanted somewhere special, and this was THE place. My wife said it was "sexy".Special Features:
- A gem in Park SlopeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/30/2014You can't go wrong with this place. If you are looking for a nice, special restaurant, this is it! Always excellent. Always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely.ClintonHillReviewerDined on 5/30/2014The waiter offered a nuanced recommendation for the wine (a white wine from Puglia). The interior is rustic Mediterranean. The appetizers were fantastic: clams and artichoke. Perhaps the dessert (the panna cotta) wasn't terrific - but everything else was superb. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- MediocreBethanyFoodieDined on 5/24/2014I had great expectations but was sadly disappointed. Given the number of choices for Italian food in New Haven, it is surprising that they can get away with this quality food at these prices.
- Perfect. Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014Old world setting, optional wine cellar dining, like a Napa Valley or Sonoma experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 496 reviews are from the Convivium Osteria reviews archive.
- Not to be missedCalifAudreyDined on 5/17/2014I loved the lighting and decor . Each table and each area felt intimate. Our waiter was so wonderful and helped us make decisions we would enjoy. Although, looking at the food being presented to other tables, I could have eaten anything on the menu and been satisfied. If you are still unconvinced, just go in and have a glass of wine and an appetizer. You won't be able to resist the rest.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- philDined on 5/16/2014the food was wonderful and it's a very romantic little restaurant with 3 distinct seating areas, lots of wicker, flickering candles, and copper. the chairs have really straight backsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLEOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014THIS PLACE WAS THE WORST, VERY COLD WAITERS, FOOD WAS HORRIBLE, I ORDER RED SNAPPER AND IT WAS NOT RED SNAPPER IT WAS TILAPIA VERY FISHY AND DISGUSTING, MY MOM ORDER SEA BASS IT HAD NO FLAVOR AND THE ASPARAGUS WERE OLD, MY DAUGHTER ORDER THE HEN IT CAME WITH PEPPERS TOTALLY DIDN'T GO TOGETHER ...DESSERTS WERE NOTHING TO RAVE ABOUT, AND TO TOP IT OFF OWNER AND WAITERS GIVE THEIR REGULARS SPECIAL SERVICE. TOOK MY MOM OUT FOR MOTHERS DAY WITH MY DAUGHTER AND IT WAS HORRIBLE, THANK GOD MY HUSBAND WAS NOT ABLE TO COME BECAUSE WE GO TO MANY RESTAURANTS THAT ARE AMAZING AND THIS WOULD OF BEEN EMBARRASSMENT. NEVER AGAIN 260.00 WASTEDSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014probably the best ambience in brooklyn that i've seen. really a great experience. staff was very nice, let us keep our res. 20 minutes late, parking is tricky so get there early.Special Features:
- We had amazing fish there8679301Dined on 5/9/2014Specifically the SeaBass and Red Snapper were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKeywesterDined on 5/9/2014great food. steps away from Barclays Center. a real gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, except...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2014Beautiful ambiance, amazing food, lovely staff. My only complaint is that they ONLY take CASH or AMEX and it wasn't made clear to me until the bill came. Unfortunately it was raining hard the evening I was there and I had to leave to restaurant and find a bedega with an ATM. It would have been nice to know the payment rules before the meal. Other than that it was a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DinnerWhatsgoingonDined on 4/20/2014This was our second Easter dinner here. We enjoyed our visit so much the year before that we decided to go again for dinner this year. The food is amazing! It is a perfect spot for special occasions. We plan on taking our extended family here soon as they were unable to come on Easter. I just wish they were open for lunch as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic AmbianceNDNDNDNDNDined on 4/13/2014It was a great choice for a romantic dinner with my girlfriend, Great place, mood & overall Ambiance. The only thing is I was just expecting a bit more people around the restaurant that night. But that didn't make the experience any less pleasant. Thanks!Special Features:
- Hiden Gemhammer1957Dined on 4/12/2014You can never tell from the outside how big this restaurant really is. Tables on 3 different floors with a very calm and romantic setting. Food & service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.