700 Durham Dr
Houston, TX 77007Neighborhood:
Heights / Washington
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.conviviohouston.com/
- Phone: 8323601750
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday and Saturday: 5:00 - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Convivio offers catering on-site or off-site for any occasion! We can provide any level of service from a seated dinner with staff and rentals to a family-style delivery, or anything in between. Our Event Planner, Marta Vina, will work with the chef to propose the best menu for your event and budget. If needed, we can also coordinate the rental of tables, chairs, glassware, tents or anything else you may need for your event. Give us a call or email today to start planning your party! Ask for Marta Vina.
- Private Party Facilities: Our semi private dining room seats up to 20/ 30 reception style. Our Bar & lounge is available for happy hour and cocktail receptions. . The entire restaurant is available for private functions.Tour of Spain, is a progressive dinner with food and wine from different regions + a flamenco show.
- Private Party Contact: Marta Vina 8323601750
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday from 6pm-9pm Saturdays from 8pm-11pm
A word from Convivio
A Spanish heaven tucked into one of the most popular & historical areas of Houston, (Heights/Washington Corridor) Convivio (tapas+bar+lounge) is a modern Spanish escape from the ordinary. Let the creative menu and knowledgeable staff be your guide through a Spanish-style culinary adventure. Wine also plays a starring role when dining at Convivio. Together, food and wine allow us to celebrate nature’s bounty in a manner that entices all the senses. Our wine list is thoughtfully selected and exhibits our owner’s impeccable taste for all things edible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Convivio reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food was surprising andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/15/2012The food was surprising and very good. The paella rocked!!! Better than some of the places I went to in Spain.Special Features:
- don't go hereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2012I will not be returning horrible experience. We went here on a Friday night, to celebrate a friends birthday there was 11ppl in our party. Everything was going good until our food started to come out. The people that brought out the food had no idea who ordered what and were selling our food. Along with that when we would ask what the dish was no one could tell us. They would tell us "I don't know" set the plate down and walk away. Three of us order the 4course meals. Salad was the first course I didn't receive it until all the other courses where out. When I asked the waiter where it was he said "Ohhh well I have to go get the stuff from the back." Three people from our party didn't get any of their plates until 20min after everyone else h
- Our waiter was excellentlyAnneMarieVIPDined on 12/8/2012Our waiter was excellently attentive - the atmosphere romantic and warm, the tapas was quite good. The wine list - could use a bit of attention but certainly has some options. Our cocktails were delicious! we will go back!Special Features:
- Un poquito de espania para todosOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012Convivio was amazing... Very fast service and Maria was very knowledable as to our needs and recommended the kind of food we wanted and were seeking to try.... the puerco with cartelized onions were the best and definitely recommend to everyone... The ambiance we very low key and the place was very quiet. I went there with a very slecial friend and we both enjoyed it very much. Thank you Convivo for the excellent dining experience and i will recommend it to my family and friends....Special Features:
- I have always had an enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012I have always had an enjoyable dining experience at Convivio. This last time however they had live music which was disruptive. We had to talk over the music and a table of 6 that is very difficult. I even had a table far away from the music and it preventive our table of having a group conversation. I will return, but when making reservation I will inquire if they will be having live music.Special Features:
- All four of us ordered fromOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2012All four of us ordered from the price fix menu, which was a very good value. The food was delicious. Well worth repeat visits.
- A Special Experience ~ OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012I made a reservation for dinner & I added a note that it was my anniversary. The night before, the owner called & wanted to find out if there was anything she could to to make our experience extra special. Our dining experience started at 6pm. The restaurant was quiet. By the time we left at 7:30, it was really busy. For a quiet, romantic evening, get there early. The ambience & energy picks up as the evening progresses. Marta (owner) truly cared about our experience, came over to the table & introduced herself, & even gave us a special dessert, Tres Leches. Crabcakes are fantastic! They were out of the wine we ordered, so they replaced it with something better & only charged for what we ordered. Spanish red wine! Great paellas & service!Special Features:
- Unexpectedly GoodFoodLoverDined on 10/6/2012Lovely ambiance... yummy food... pineapple martini AWESOME!Special Features:
- Definitely Returning...Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2012A great place to just sit and talk over wonderful small plates and good wine. The tapas plates that we tried were absolutely incredible. I don't even like Tres Leches all that much and theirs was scrumptious. Will DEFININITELY be back (and, for the first time in my life, will actually be the one who orders tres leches!).Special Features:
- authentic cuisine, excellentAlwaysVIPDined on 9/22/2012authentic cuisine, excellent service, attractive dining room- excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2012The service was excellent and the food was very good except for one amazing misstep: they serve pre-fabricated frozen crab cakes and yet on the menu seem to indicate they are out of the ordinary. They need to leave such a debacle off the menu because it ruins otherwise fresh dishes the kitchen actually creates in-house. Not sure if they do this with other dishes but the crab cakes are an embarrassment for an otherwise upscale feeling restaurant.
- This restaurant could becomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2012This restaurant could become the only authentic Spanish food in Houston with minor tweaks, it is great to finally eat tortilla española and paella at par with a restaurant in Spain. Great live band with Brazilian sounds on weekends.Special Features:
- Waiters were nice but inefficient.AnnyDined on 9/1/2012Waiters were nice but inefficient. The ambience is very nice, good life music. The food wasn't really good. If you don't expect to eat very good and just hang out with friends is ok.Special Features:
- Great food, ambience, & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Great food, ambience, & service! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- The steak was good, but wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2012The steak was good, but was cut before it came and became dry. The red snapper was a bit underdone and had zero flavor. The scallop appetizer for the table, (5 in total), were flavorful, but tiny.Special Features:
- Avoid if possibleJonathanVIPDined on 8/24/2012I will not be going back to this restaurant. The food was nothing special and over priced. The drinks were moderately well conceived. The service was miserable. Waited so long, I had to get up to go ask for my own check. Went with another couple and they thought the exact same thing. I love food and love good restaurants and had high hopes for convivio and I was truly let down and feel cheated out of almost $100. Would much rather go to Mil Luna's.
- We did the Pre-fix menu.Steincat04VIPDined on 8/24/2012We did the Pre-fix menu. Portions were small. Somewhat tasty. Next time, we would order off the main menu and share a lot more dishes. I left feeling a little hungry still.Special Features:
- Not bad, but nothing great,DinnerDinerVIPDined on 8/22/2012Not bad, but nothing great, nothing so good that would rush back again; won't cross off list, but won't be at top, either. Leisurely service; pet peeve - waiter couldn't remember which item went to which patron - & there were only 3 of us at the table. Food was good but not memorable; gazpacho thin & pale pink - should have added vodka & served as gazpacho cocktail. Very noisy & place wasn't half full - couldn't hear table-mate seated across & could barely hear table-mate seated next; live music contributed to the too-loud environment;' music volume could have been lower & still easily heard across the restaurant.
- Gerat food, but not for big groupsKelykelDined on 8/22/2012Loved, loved, loved the food! Bar service was great for pre-dinner drinks with William the bartender. What we didn't like was the table service. I had called 3 times to confirm and increase the number of guests each time. With each call I also confirmed that they would do seperate checks, each time I was reassured that it was no problem and for Restaurant Week the HRW menu would be presented with the regular menu to each guest. The evening of our reservation none of those requests happened and service was slower than slow. We also were not made aware of the automatic 25% gratuity or that Ladies Night would not apply to the dining room even though the flyers were on the table. In the future I'll happily dine at the bar.Special Features:
- Food was very good, althoughKatyDined on 8/18/2012Food was very good, although chorizo on one starter very tough. The noise level was too high to carry on a reasonable conversation over dinner.Special Features:
- We visited Convivio duringsknoeVIPDined on 8/17/2012We visited Convivio during Restaurant Weeks. The food was really good and the service was superb. Our server was Cynthia and she made the experience wonderful. Although it was quite noisy in the restaurant and the drinks were a bit overpriced, all was made outstanding by Cynthia's genuine friendliness and excellent knowledge of her product. Loved it. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The food was good and thejfharris114Dined on 8/15/2012The food was good and the ambiance is great, but I think its overpriced.
- Good food, great service,pseudofoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2012Good food, great service, but a bit noisier than we like. Tablecloths would have helped to cut down on the noise. Enjoyed it. Will go back. We went before the theater, and their great service got us to the theater early!Special Features:
- Is this a joke???OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012I went here with a date for Houston Restaurant Week. The food was wonderful but the portions on the HRW menu were shockingly small. I thought it was some kind of joke at first. An entree that you can eat in three or four bites is just wrong when you're paying $35 per person. Even though I thought the food was good I won't go back to try the regular menu because of the way we were ripped off. We actually went straight to a Chinese restaurant afterwards to have an actual meal.Special Features:
- Another Great Evening at ConvivioOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012We have had several meals now at Convivio and continue to greatly enjoy the restaurant! On our most recent visit we dined only on tapas and a lovely house salad and were pleased with our meal. We especially loved the sliders and fries, definitely a local addition. Our ending of sorbets, especially the coconut and sangria, were memorable. We ended up spending several hours relaxing with a lovely bottle of wine in this warm friendly restaurant.Special Features:
- It's my first time and weTerriVIPDined on 7/21/2012It's my first time and we really enjoyed the food and selection of wine. It's a hype and the guitar players on Saturday gives it a touch of Spanish flair. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent paella! Great sangria.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2012Excellent paella! Great sangria. Most tapas were well prepared but flavor profiles were a bit simplistic.
- Had a great Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2012Had a great Saturday night dinner. Food was excellent. Wine recommendations were good. The only issue was the noise level. Due to a band a a large party in the restaurant, it was very, very difficult to hear tablemates and the waitstaff. I would go back for another try, but would steer clear of Saturday night.
- This was our first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012This was our first time to dine at Convivio. Our bartender and waiter were both very courteous and helpful. Food and wine were great; we had three rounds of tapas as opposed to the regular entrees. Our final round was delayed and our waiter noticed we were almost out of wine so he brought us each an extra glass on the house. There was live entertainment which was pleasant. I will definitely go back and recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- Convivio provided an invitingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2012Convivio provided an inviting and elegant setting for our group. We all loved it! The Happy Hour started our evening off with artful tapas and remarkable happy hour driinks. The sangria and pineapple margarita are wonderful, as is the Spanishn wine. The dinner continued the trend with excellent seafood pallaea and steak, followed by an assortment of sorbets and gelatos. Throughout the evening, the service was notable, all the way from the hostess, wait staff, and owner to the valet. Thank you for a most memorable evening!Special Features:
- best spanish tapas in houston!EveryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012best spanish tapas in houston!Everything is delicious! Great service! Good wine selection! The paella is outstanding and the tres leches is a must!Special Features:
- Authentic Spanish tapas experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Wow! We had a fantastic experience. First, the staff at Convivio helped us select some killer wines, to accompany a wide array of amazing tapas. Within a few minutes, we had glasses tipping with an excellent bottle of 2008 Pesquero. In terms of the food - where to begin? The paella, jamon iberico, variety of manchego cheeses - all amazing. If I had to pick a favorite, hands down it was the foie gras. Blew my mind. Atmosphere - warm, inviting lighting and lends itself to a 3-4 hour dining experience - stay awhile, drink some amazing Spanish wines, enjoy the different flavors, and just savor the moment. We closed the place down last night.Special Features:
- Pretty Average Tapas for HoustonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012Food was quality, but nothing special - we actually went somewhere else after to eat more. Waitress had trouble opening our wine bottle and had to ask for help. It seemed like she really didn't know what to recommend. Ambiance was not what I expected. Food came out almost too fast.
- Skip the food; hang out atOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/7/2012Skip the food; hang out at the bar with the nice cocktails and live music.
- Gio k.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2012amazing tapas and wine restaurant! We Celebrated my husbands birthday there with 20 people. The food and service were outstanding!I finally made my picky husband happy! Delicious food, great selection of wines and The Staff always helpful recommending the tapas and drinks! Now we are regulars! They have great deals for happy hours! friends that we recommend this place love it! Try the red sangria,crab cakes and paella. Good for romantic date or groups of friends! (we enjoy both) You must try it!Special Features:
- I loved the food and sangriaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2012I loved the food and sangria but had trouble hearing our conversation in the noise from a nearby large party.Special Features:
- The service was fairly slowsdasDined on 6/30/2012The service was fairly slow but it was a fun environment. Don't expect speedy service or the best tapas ever, but it's a good time. The dishes are a bit overpriced for the portion size as well.Special Features:
- Spanish Restaurant w Potential!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2012The restaurant has a nice setting and it has the perfect amount of energy (Maybe a bit on the louder side but it was a Saturday). The food was delicious and authentic. I particularly loved the mushrooms and patatas bravas.. The portions were also good. Our only issue was the service. It was really poor. We struggled in several occassions to capture the attention of a waiter or any waiter period. Fortunately, the food was spot on and hopefully they can work on fixing the service and attention to customers.Special Features:
- OUr dinner at Convivo wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012OUr dinner at Convivo was excellent. Our waiter was deferential and knowledgeable. We had a very early dinner so the restaurant was not corwded. The decor was avant-garde without being cold.Special Features:
- This is a great place forAshcashVIPDined on 6/9/2012This is a great place for tapas. Our eyes were bigger than our stomachs, so we ordered a lot of food, including the cheese plate, the sliders, one of the beef dishes, the potatas bravas, and the chorizo croquettes. All of them were absolutely delicious. Our waiter was a bit overwhelmed with a much larger table and no one was helping him at all, so our service was a little slow. He was very apologetic and honestly we felt bad for him. Plus, we didn't mind due to the the live music and great food. We are definitely going back!Special Features: