30 West 31st Street
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.contornosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127600301
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Buico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Make Contorno's the home to your next big private event. Contorno's provides a unique atmosphere where the food and wine make any party memorable. We offer multiple private dining options tailored to your wishes. Please contact us for menu pricing and more details.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Impagliazzo 8775418746
A word from Contorno's Restaurant
In April 2011 Andrew C. Impagliazzo decided that he wanted to open a restaurant that embodied Sunday Family Dinner. That meant family and friends sitting around the dinner table eating many small Italian dishes while drinking fine wine and laughing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Contorno's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- This restaurant was a veryMamaVIPDined on 4/19/2013This restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. (My sole regret is that it was a bit too chilly to eat in the outdoor patio area. Next time!) The wait staff was friendly and most accommodating to all our requests and inquiries. The wine display was interesting, and the various menus were all extensive and quite tasty. My daughter and I had a most lovely time. I would recommend this to absolutely everyone.Special Features:
- Surprisely good food, excellentmartiniVIPDined on 3/22/2013Surprisely good food, excellent appetizers, but ask prices for specials since they were a surprise when the bill came.
- Althoughthe food was veryJerryVIPDined on 3/5/2013Althoughthe food was very good, service was very slow and ws repeadedly told our food would be out in one minute for close to 30 minutes.
- We were a little disappointedTerri1226Dined on 3/3/2013We were a little disappointed when we arrived on a Sunday at 11:00 and were given a standard Holiday Inn breakfast menu. Maybe it was my misunderstanding, but I viewed Contorno's menu on line and was anticipating a better quality brunch. The photos are deceiving as well. The space is MUCH smaller than it appears.
- This place is very much underBiotechVIPDined on 1/25/2013This place is very much under rated. A very reasonable Italian menu in the heart of Midtown NYC- in the new Holiday Inn-I was not optimistic about going to be honest as I was hungry and it was 0 degrees and snowing, so I wasnt feeling like walking or seeking a cab ride. I went to the bar as I was alone on businness trip. Treated like family by Durrell at the bar. I ate the soup ( Italian egg drop with noodles and spinach) very good! I ate Ling/w clams- sub with marinara sauce- truly very good- add the drinks and dessert all for avbout $60! In NY..Great food, well priced and terrific service! Cant go wrong...
- Service was terrible. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2012Service was terrible. Our server kept telling usthat she had no experience serving dinner. FoodWas average. They didn't have mushrooms so theyCouldn't serve what we wanted.
- Met a friend for lunch mid-week.catnip1960VIPDined on 11/6/2012Met a friend for lunch mid-week. We were the only diners and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Good food, good space.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2012Went there after work with a friend. The food was good but a bit overpriced. The waiter was nice though.Special Features:
- The restaurant had good ratingsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/4/2012The restaurant had good ratings but our dining experience did not stand up to the 4 stars some had given them. We had booked a large group for lunch but not only were they short staffed in the kitchen but the entrees we ordered were not up to scratch: the sandwich fillings were tough and lacking in flavors. The only waiter tried his very best but the management obviously did not give much consideration to the hotel in-house dining option.
- Back again, still deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2012Back again, still delicious and I love the Negroni!
- Everything was great! OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2012Everything was great! Only suggestion would be to turn the lights down a bit. All were on super bright.
- The restaurant is beautiful,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2012The restaurant is beautiful, small & intimate with a beautiful wine case. The menu is small and difficult to find something interesting to eat. There was one other table taken in the restaurant and we had to ask the waiter for bread or some cheese as it took a long time to get served. The food looked unappetizing, tasted bland and not of restaurant quality. The waiter seemed flustered with any of our requests. We would never go back nor recommend.Special Features:
- in the back of the HolidaygregfurnituremavenVIPDined on 8/1/2012in the back of the Holiday Inn this place has great food, a waiter named Max, who is very helpful and a pastry chef named Wendy who speaks spanish but bakes Italian!Special Features:
- VERY NICE FOR A HOLIDAY INNLuluVIPDined on 7/30/2012VERY NICE FOR A HOLIDAY INN HOTEL DINING ROOM!!! ALSO CONVENIENT TO PENN AND THE D TRAIN (OUR REASON FOR FINDING IT!)Special Features:
- This turned out to be a perfectAppleAnnie12VIPDined on 7/26/2012This turned out to be a perfect place to have a business lunch!Special Features:
- Bartender didn't have RosesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012Bartender didn't have Roses Lime Juice for a proper gimlet, used some sour alternative; ended up enjoying a delicious glass of Pinot Noir. Great wine special, 30% off bottles this week. We enjoyed the most delicious veal meatballs and tomatoe sauce with pasta and a side of broccoli rabe. So delicious I wanted to go back again for dinner last night and lunch today. Comfortable leather seating. Can't wait for the roof top to be open for fabulous, romantic views.Special Features:
- The Chicken panini sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2012The Chicken panini sandwich was delicious! The service was excellent!Special Features:
- The service was incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2012The service was incredibly bad. Even though we were 1 out of 2 tables there. It was still pretty much impossible to get served. Didn't get to order or even water until well after sitting for at least 20 minutes. On top of that the waiter completely missed an order leaving 1 of us without food. If it was busy thats one thing but for an empty restuarant, service could have been better.
- as it always is -- a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2012as it always is -- a very pleasureable experience!Special Features:
- Found this place becaues ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2012Found this place becaues of a convenient location and have since been back again. Drinks are delicious, nice wine deal on select days and the food is very good. Have had the arugala salad, a seafood risotto special and a fish special. All excellent. I will go back again.
- Would definitely returnGoodEatsLoverDined on 5/23/2012Very good Italian food at reasonable prices. Very good and attentive service.
- This was our third time atlen126VIPDined on 5/23/2012This was our third time at Contorno and both the food and service continue to be consistently good, although the kitchen was a little slow in sending out our orders this time. Maybe because there were more diners than we've noticed in our previous visits.
- Give it a try. This was ourlen126VIPDined on 5/14/2012Give it a try. This was our second time at Contorno's and it was excellent again. Great cheese and charcuterie starter, pineapple carpaccio and tomato salad, and perfectly prepared simply grilled corvina. Unfortunately we were the only ones there. I hope this place gets some traffic. It really is deserving and is a great choice in the MSG area.
- Unexpectedly Good!GregLVIPDined on 5/13/2012Unexpectedly good for a restaurant located in a Holiday Inn property. Very nicely prepared Italian food, with a broad enough menu to please everyone. The only downside is the location...some hotel guests with unruly children detracted from our experience at dinner.Special Features:
- Lunch for $20.00 pp in NYC!!!antiquetravlerVIPDined on 5/10/2012I asked Open Table for a restaurant in the flower market, it was clean, and the service was good the food was fresh, we all had grilled shrimp ceasars, and granny smith sorbet. It was a good reasonable lunch spot.
- A Modest GemSandyVIPDined on 5/5/2012We were initially put off by the nondescript hotel decor, but there's a real chef at work here: David Buico, whose homemade saffron-scented fettucini with lobster, smoked bacon, and roasted corn crema may well be habit-forming. In fact, his seasonally sourced fare bears comparison with Michael White's far pricier output at Ai Fiori in a fancier hotel, the Setai, just a few blocks north. A neighborhood find -- good to know.Special Features:
- best unknown chef inNYCOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2012best unknown chef inNYC super passionate about his food!Special Features:
- outstanding food all the time! pOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2012outstanding food all the time! place has a clean and very comfortable feel!Special Features:
- The restaurant is in a HolidayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012The restaurant is in a Holiday Inn. The food was fresh and well prepared. Everyone enjoyed their meal.
- Give it a try!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2012Great find and will go back! We would not have found this restaurant without OpenTable. Never would have expected such a nice restaurant inside a Holiday Inn in Manhattan. Food, service and restaurant decor were great. Value, especially with OpenTable discount was very good. Portions were not large. Restaurant was very quiet most likely the result of it being tucked away in a Holiday Inn. Give it a try!Special Features:
- Quite surprising. While Ilen126VIPDined on 4/14/2012Quite surprising. While I usually have lower expectations for restaurants in hotels, Contorno was impressive. The food choices were quite good and our grilled fish (orata) was simply prepared and delicious. Service was excellent, as well. Contorno is a great choice in the Madison Square Garden area and we will be back when we are in the neighborhood.
- Better balance needed.AnthonyVIPDined on 3/11/2012Lunch bargain. Servings large. Better balance is needed between the amount of sauce and the amount of pasta. My pasta dish was drowned in tomato ragu.
- Appreciated the nice discountfrancophileVIPDined on 3/4/2012Appreciated the nice discount on bottles of wine. Was a bit disappointed because the interesting dish with sardines (on menu on line) is no longer being offered because waiter told us: "people don't like sardines."Special Features:
- We ate breakfast here afterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2012We ate breakfast here after out stay, the staff was wonderful. They were very attentive to our needs and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Our waiter spoke Italian and had fun speaking with the kids, who think they can. The food was very good, the coffee was plentiful and again the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Besides a couple folks atChachiDined on 2/27/2012Besides a couple folks at the bar only one other patron. Too bad - food was good and price was reasonable.
- Diamond in the RoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2012This was a very interesting find of a restaurant. We made reservations here before going to a show at the Hammerstein a few blocks away. The restaurant is inside the Holiday Inn (or Hampton Inn, can't remember which, to be honest), and I was pleasantly surprised by how upscale and classy it felt. It was not very busy, which we actually liked because our waiter was incredibly attentive, without being overbearing. The food came out promptly and was really tasty. It felt more upscale than the price range would have suggested, which we liked. I had the Ricotta Gnocchi and my friend ordered an appetizer with a side as an entree. We loved everything we ate, and I would happily recommend them to anyone needing to make a deadline to a show nearby.Special Features:
- Excellent food, needs momre supportGoodEatsLoverDined on 2/16/2012I tried Contorno's as a pre-Ranger game dinner. I started off with the octopus appetizer which was as tender and flavorful as the one I had eaten at David Burke's Kitchen a few days before. My Bronzino dinner had crispy skin and tender flesh. Perfectly done! Until we left at 6:50 for the game, there was not another soul in the place, so it was hard to judge what the service might be like with a crowd. And of course, there was no noise. I would return for the food anytime.Special Features:
- What a pleasant surprise -EricVIPDined on 1/24/2012What a pleasant surprise - a high quality hotel restaurant!Special Features:
- the restaurant was empty exceptjeffgtiVIPDined on 1/17/2012the restaurant was empty except for one other (admittedly relatively large) party and we still had to wait for everything. i am not sure where the name came from since they really do not offer any conterno. yes they have some plates of meats of cheeses but no vegetables or small seafoods like i would normally associate with conterno. i had the octopus for an appetizer, with an overpowering taste of chorizo definitely tasted more spanish than italian and had one measly piece of octopus on the plate. the roast chicken had way too much sauce. based on the previous reviews on open table i was really expecting a great meal, needless to say i was extremely disappointed.
- A New DiscoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/14/2012Hidden in one of those small hotels, this time a new Holiday Inn on west 31st street just off 6th Avenue, it's exciting to discover a restaurant that has the promise of becoming the place to go to for an outstanding meal. Chef David Buico's crusted branzino surrounded by tiny pieces of shrimp and brussels sprouts leaves in a creamy sauce was excellent; the braised beef served with a pumpkin polenta my wife ordered was likewise exceptional. Part of me wants to keep Contorno's a secret, but with food as good as this I predict it will soon attract the attention it deserves.Special Features: