Continental Treat Fine Bistro
10560 82 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 2A4Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Continental Treat Fine Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ctfinebistro.com/
- Phone: 7804337432
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM;
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM Adults Only
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Eastern European
- Executive Chef: Elizabeth Palmowski
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Weddings, Business Lunches and Dinners, Christmas Parties
- Private Party Contact: Sylvesterct@shaw.ca 780-433-7432x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Wine/Beer/Scotch Dinner
- Special Events: Monthly Wine/Beer/Scotch Dinners with Live Jazz
Please visit our website for more details www.ctfinebistro.com
or call 780-433-7432 and as for Sylvester
A word from Continental Treat Fine Bistro
The Continental Treat Restaurant is a family affair. Two generations of the Borówka Family work together to bring their romantic turn of the century dining vision to life. Owners Ryszard and Helena Borówka and their son Sylvester Borówka oversee the entire operation. Ela Palmowski is the Executive Chef together with sous chefs Maria Pałkowska, Bartosz Beresiński, Alexandr Oleineac, and Dusten Dixon. This international team of sous chefs are constantly innovating our menu. Other talented sous chefs joining us this year; Attilla Szabo from Hungary, Zdenek Holub from Czech Republic, Helmut Schumacher from Switzerland and Alexader Davidoff from Russia. Christopher Czapiga and Cindy Oland are the hosts who will welcome you gracefully on any occasion. The ambiance is one of pure charm, combined with an air of luxury and elegance. During the day classical music selection waft overhead, reminding you to take your time and enjoy the journey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Continental Treat Fine Bistro - Best Restaurants in Old Strathcona ›
Continental Treat Fine Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (54)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (45)good for groups (30)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great schnitzel!SandSDined on 9/13/2014This was my first time here and I wasn't disappointed. I was told the schnitzel was fantastic and it certainly lived up to the billing. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great schnitzel.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKalhasDined on 9/7/2014Great food as always. i trust continental treat for my wine and dine dates and it never disappoints!Special Features:
- Little EuropeJackanoryDined on 9/3/2014Feel like youve walked into an European bistro. Very nice ambiance, soft classical music. Waitress was new - first day on the job, and didnt know either the menu, beer or wine list, but she more than made up for her inexperience by her friendly, helpful manner. Beet soup was excellent. Vienna Schnitzel was absolutely superb. The crust was light, crisp and didnt have an oily smell. The beer selection was extensive and quite unusual. Just one thing spoiled what would have been a lovely lunch - there was an older more experienced waiter in the room, but he did not make a single attempt to talk or ask how things were, especially because the waitress was so new and inexperienced. Very standoffish, and surprisingly indifferent, if not rude. Why?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favourite restaurants.luvgoodfoodDined on 9/1/2014Continental Treat is our favourite restaurant for special occasions and catching up with good friends!Special Features:
- Continental TreatBJ52Dined on 8/31/2014Amazing place! Our meal was incredible, I recommend the Dill Pickle soup, love it!! Staff was incredible, very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great RestaurantCheapspeedVIPDined on 8/28/2014Our last night with the kids at summer camp, we visited Continental Treat for a couple's night out. Service was as always impeccable. My wife had her usual schnitzel and I tried the trout this time round. The bowls of soup, particularly my Flaczki was fantastic. They actually serve in large European bowl portions ... maybe next time. Dinner ended with a shared apple strudel with cream and ice-cream. This is one of my favourite restaurant in Edmonton and I'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening Spoiled by Other Patrons.TwytzDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has a varied menu of dishes not usually seen at other establishments. Food was tasty and well prepared. The waitress was a gem, attentive and with a vibrant personality. As is often the case, the restaurant was busy. My past experience has been that patrons usually spoke quietly to each other as befits the romantic atmosphere. Unfortunately there was a table of eight close by. The men in that group had been drinking excessively. They were unnecessarily loud and therefor annoying. Conversation with my guest proved difficult for much of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty treatRaivygravyDined on 8/14/2014Nice little gem of a restaurant. Love the pickle soup. Waiter was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rbfgVIPDined on 8/13/2014Always a great place to host a client lunch. The food is phenominal
- fine Austrian/European mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I had a veal schnitzel (huge -- could have fed two seniors) with pan fried potatoes. The mushroom sauce was extra, but added to the meat's flavor. Sides included were pickled cucumber slices, and shredded pickled beets, and, of course, a slice of light rye bread. With a German Reisling, this was a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Not GreatBusinessAsUsualDined on 8/4/2014For all the hype - I was disappointed. I had the Chicken w/ Shrimp and Potatoes William which was the stand-out dish of the evening, but the Schnitzel and Goulash my family had was only average (whereas the price was premium). The vegetable medley, served with each dish, was nothing more than pickled, shredded carrots and cabbage. A real surprise was the 15% tip added to our 'group' of 4. Although our server was very pleasant and attentive, warranting a tip, I don't like the idea that a tip is assumed before the service is provided. If you're thinking about a romantic night out, there are far better places to go than here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Our experience started out well but we felt that our waitress didn't really make us feel that we were important but was always getting ready to close the restaurant down for rhe night. Our time there was almoat two hours and we didnt have dessert, if we had we wouls have been there over two hours. Maybe this is what your team is trying to achieve I don't know!!? Food was great! I had come there with a friend for lunch and had a great experience thats why I brought my wife and her experience was not good, sorry!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- europaonwhiteDined on 8/3/2014Continental treat is a good place to eat if you are looking for a small, quiet eating place. The food is good as is the service. There is a good selection of vegetarian food. The food is fresh and the portions are just the right size. The staff are polite,knowledgable and friendly without being overbearing. If you want to pretend you are in Europe in Alberta The Continental Treat is the place to go.Special Features:
- Food very tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We were a group of seven. I ordered the hungarian goulash with the spaetzle. It was very tasty. Most of our group enjoyed their meals. Only unfavourable comment from one person was that chicken was a bit dry in the stroganoff dish that she ordered.Special Features:
- Classic charmIndustrySnobDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant is a classic. Old school service and charm. I enjoyed it all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class!nanaDDined on 7/30/2014Had a wonderful evening. Food and service was first class, and it was quiet enough so we could hear each other talk and not have to shout...a real plus. Desserts to die for!Special Features:
- Too Pricey for LunchSusyQDined on 7/28/2014I love the food, especially the chicken soup, but $20 for a CUP of soup and a sandwich is too expensive for lunch.Special Features:
- EnjoyableDiningoutDined on 7/24/2014Had the Dill Pickle soup which is great and the special which was Chicken Stroganoff on spattzle which was very good and had lots of meet. Very filling meal overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MZandMeMZandMeDined on 7/23/2014Unique menu delicious food. Pleasant but open environment. Server was a bit stretched but did okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continental TreatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I was quite happy with my visit there. The ambience on a date was excellent and the service was really great. It was a nice find as it was my first time there. My date is a vegetarian and was able to look over a lot of selections for that. I had the special, which was shrimp and chicken in a white wine cream sauce on rice. It was good except that the chicken in it was way overdone, and had a very dry consistency. For what it is worth, it was quite busy at the time, and the food itself was still very good.Special Features:
- justicejVIPDined on 7/22/2014The reviews are accurate Wonderful food excellent service and quiet so that you can chat . Incidentally 150 beers avaiable . reasonable wine list very Europeans and romantic we will be backSpecial Features:
- great timeOswaldDined on 7/22/2014Enjoyed the food (and beer) very much, the service was friendly and first class. I also enjoyed the baroque music in the background, very relaxing. Definitely one of the nicer spots to go and eat, in fact I'll be there again tomorrow for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like Europe!BigFKahunaDined on 7/19/2014A wonderful dining experience, in fact we could just as easily have been in Europe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great FoodMoemelDined on 7/18/2014We have been dining here for several years and have always had excellent meals. They have an interesting menu with many European favorites, including perogie appetizers and sauerkraut and potato soup. I was pleased to see that they have adapted several of their recipes to be gluten free. I was able to have Chicken Schnitzel in a mushroom gravy which was delicious. We would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Fine diningLuv2finedineDined on 7/14/2014Our special occasion evening was made very special from the time we arrived til the time we left this gem of a restaurant. I try and attend The Continental Treat each time I am in Edmonton and have enjoyed the ambiance, friendly, professional staff and the food has been presented beautifully and everything cooked to perfection. I have attended with girlfriends, family and everyone has enjoyed their experience at The Continental Treat. Congratulations on a job well done. Also booking on line to make a reservation was user friendly and done very quickly with a quick response of confirmation. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Small and comfortable elegant dining room. Lovely selection on the menu. Our party had French onion soup, sauerkraut/potatoe soup and escargot for appetizers. Our entrees were Hungarian goulash, a staple there, and Belgium pork loin all with either the spaetsle ( not sure how to spell it) or dumplings and vegetable medley. Delicious and very generous portions. No way we could have eaten dessert. Everyone had a drink before dinner and with tip the meal was very reasonably priced. we have been before for lunch but never dinner. Service was excellent and the atmosphere is very relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Very tasty treat! Enjoyed the entrees very much, nice service too.
- Wonderful EveningSam23PepDined on 7/10/2014It was my mom's 86th birthday and took her to Continental Treat for supper. The food was excellent and delicious for everyone. There were three of us who went. The service by our waitress was excellent. She was always on her toes checking to see if we needed anything and how was everything. The ambience there was very nice. We all had a dessert and when they brought my mom's our waitress put a candle in hers and we sang her happy birthday. She loved it. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014We go to Continental bistro quite often. We love the food and are never disappointed. Always good, always consistent.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedEatingforfunDined on 7/8/2014The menu did not initially wow and was skeptical as to picking it. The escargot was Amazing, a great sauce that set it apart from all others I have had. The stroganoff and goulash were delicious, distinct flavours of the European food. Not a night of healthy choices but surely worth the deliciousness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MVPtdDined on 7/6/2014The food is always so fresh and the service is excellent. I truly enjoy having lunch or dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European gemLuvtodineDined on 6/29/2014Fine offering of European favourites, some with a lighter touch. Bright with windows on two sides, linen cloths, friendly staff. menu items very well prepared and good selection of wines. Conveniently located; we enjoyed our evening and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrampaDined on 6/29/2014Sunday evening was our first time at this restaurant which is a bit out of the way as we live in St.Albert.We were pleasantly surprised.The restaurant was busier than anticipated for a Sunday evening,but we were seated immediately.Reservation definitely recommended.The food was excellent-our waitress was friendly,pleasant and attentive.We will definitely add the Continental treat as one of our "usual dining spots".Special Features:
- Second time here.SadDuckDined on 6/27/2014The first time my boyfriend and I went to continental treat it was amazing. I remember how amazing the food was and the beer list was also fantastic. We indulged in their amazing soups and beef stroganoff. The service was great and we noted it as our favorite resturant in edmonton. So, we came back with a group of our friends and it was... Meh. The food was cold when it came out. Our service was okay, but the food was disappointing. Maybe it was because of our big group? But it was extremely dead and still loud in the resturant. I have to say this go around they've been bumped off my list almost intirely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing eveningeskinatorDined on 6/27/2014Top notch food. Attentive service. Amazing beer list. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellantdeck17Dined on 6/27/2014this was our second time eating there and we have been treated with excellent service both times. The food was great, our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. We look forward to going back in the near future.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner OutdeliciousdinnerDined on 6/27/2014We had a lovely dinner out for a celebration. Service was top notch. The pickle soup was delicious. My Dad grew up in a traditional german family, and loved every aspect of the food. Dessert was also scrumptious. My parents loved it so much they would like to make it a tradition to come up to the city for dinners at the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014The experience was enjoyed by everyone. The proximity to the University also helps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!tasty2niteDined on 6/22/2014Positive - Beef Tartar was excellent - out table of 4 shared as an appie) and dinner was great, but not fabulous. Our waitress was very attentive and pleasant. Negative - they have a sign posted outside the door "No children after 5 pm". However, we unfortunately were seated next to a very badly behaved and very loud toddler. Others at their table kept trying to hush him, but the parents did nothing. Another table came in with 2 dry well behaved children....no problem at all. Interesting to have this sign out....Also the tables are very close together for a place that is so pricey. We had a fun evening, but would'nt chose to come again!Special Features:
- European gemTracyBethDined on 6/22/2014We often dine at Continental Treat for Sunday lunch and it's time I wrote a review to say why! The food is consistently good and hearty- schnitzel and goulash are family favorites, with dill pickle soup a must (recommend you upsize from a cup to a bowl-it is that good!) We are always made to feel welcome and yes, our family will continue to regularly find our way back to Continental Treat.Special Features: