Continental Treat Fine Bistro
10560 82 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 2A4Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Continental Treat Fine Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ctfinebistro.com/
- Phone: 7804337432
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM;
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM Adults Only
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Eastern European
- Executive Chef: Elizabeth Palmowski
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Weddings, Business Lunches and Dinners, Christmas Parties
- Private Party Contact: Sylvesterct@shaw.ca 780-433-7432x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Wine/Beer/Scotch Dinner
- Special Events: Monthly Wine/Beer/Scotch Dinners with Live Jazz
Please visit our website for more details www.ctfinebistro.com
or call 780-433-7432 and as for Sylvester
A word from Continental Treat Fine Bistro
The Continental Treat Restaurant is a family affair. Two generations of the Borówka Family work together to bring their romantic turn of the century dining vision to life. Owners Ryszard and Helena Borówka and their son Sylvester Borówka oversee the entire operation. Ela Palmowski is the Executive Chef together with sous chefs Maria Pałkowska, Bartosz Beresiński, Alexandr Oleineac, and Dusten Dixon. This international team of sous chefs are constantly innovating our menu. Other talented sous chefs joining us this year; Attilla Szabo from Hungary, Zdenek Holub from Czech Republic, Helmut Schumacher from Switzerland and Alexader Davidoff from Russia. Christopher Czapiga and Cindy Oland are the hosts who will welcome you gracefully on any occasion. The ambiance is one of pure charm, combined with an air of luxury and elegance. During the day classical music selection waft overhead, reminding you to take your time and enjoy the journey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Continental Treat Fine Bistro - Best Restaurants in Old Strathcona ›
Continental Treat Fine Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (59)romantic (59)notable wine list (43)good for groups (30)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Greetings! We had a most enjoyable evening on Saturday. The food, service, and atmosphere were exceptional - as always! We hosted family from Ottawa. They were greatly impressed and look forward already to returning for another feast! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Certainly a treatDagromDined on 10/11/2014The name of this place is certainly befitting, I honestly felt as if I was back in Europe. There wasn't an item on the menu I wouldn't choose. Well worth numerous return visits oh and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- ScooterDined on 10/9/2014A very enjoyable evening with friends we had not seen for almost a year. The food could have been a little warmer. We spilled water and it was attended to immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go-To Special Occasion PlaceIfTheShoeFitsDined on 10/4/2014This is where we go when we have something special to celebrate. I love this little restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and thoughtful staffMariaDined on 10/4/2014I initially booked via Open Table and made a note to have us seated near the window to view the street because my husband and I both liked that for our anniversary. When we got to the restaurant, we were greeted right away and both the server and the hostess greeted us: "Happy Anniversary!" and they sat us right by the window with a nice view. It was everything I had wanted for our celebration. The server was very accomodating and provided knowledgeable suggestion. The food came at a really good time and it was still hot. I had the Chicken, Shrimp and Potato and my husband had the Goulash. We could not leave a morsel in our plate... It was that good. I would love to go back there again.Special Features:
- dundiningDined on 10/3/2014This is the third time I have dined here and have never been disappointed. The dill pickle soup is notable. Food, the restaurant and the staff were all good. We enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Trea & Worst waitressPatnDonDined on 10/3/2014We had company come from Calgary and we took them here for a treat however we and the worst service I have had in memory. The waitress left us sitting for over half an hour before we placed our order. Twenty minutes for soup and even came to the table chewy on food all the while we sat there waiting for our meal. I left a tip only because I know the rest of the staff gets something. I was surprised and frustrated that when I indicated I wanted to leave a % that the lowest one offered was for 15%, 5% more than I wanted to pay. So in closing, aweful service, far to long to wait, rude waitress, and greedy programming on their credit card machine. It is sad because not we are going to be far to nervous to take anyone else there.Special Features:
- 2good2BtrueDined on 10/1/2014We have been coming for years to this fine establishment. We love the European flavor that this restaurant has on the menu. We especially enjoy the steak tar tar, the best in the city. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wishes to have a food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SANDYVIPDined on 9/27/2014One of Edmonton's best restaurants....food and service are always amazingSpecial Features:
- Pleased customerAnetskiDined on 9/26/2014A wonderful experience again. I enjoy going here for special occasions because you can have a conversation with the other people in your party. The food is very good and plentiful. We all had something different and our plate were cleaned off. Have the pickle soup, as you will not regret it. Fabulous night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!KayDDined on 9/23/2014Honestly, this was my second time dining at the Continental Treat Fine Bistro,and they did not disappoint. They are so consistent with their flavors, it was like i had never left. Their Dill Pick Soup has to be my absolute favorite. It has everything you want in a soup; texture, flavor, warmth and happiness (to sound cheesy).I also had their Chicken Stroganoff as it was the special, and oh my heavens...it was the most outstanding meal i could have ever put in my mouth. Their service was phenomenal. Our waitress was on point, very knowledgeable of the menu, and just all around a pleasant girl. I would recommend Continental Treat Fine Bistro to anyone who is looking for some amazing home cooking with a fancy, and professional flare. LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We have enjoyed Continental Treat on several occasions & have never been disappointed, either with food or service. GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyAnaGinger21Dined on 9/20/2014Our experience at Continental Treatvwas so wonderful. I brought a group of ladies there for a bachelorette party and it was so classy and our waitress was friendly, funny, and personable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great schnitzel!SandSDined on 9/13/2014This was my first time here and I wasn't disappointed. I was told the schnitzel was fantastic and it certainly lived up to the billing. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great schnitzel.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKalhasDined on 9/7/2014Great food as always. i trust continental treat for my wine and dine dates and it never disappoints!Special Features:
- AWESOMEJUSTMEDined on 9/6/2014DILL PICKLE SOUP IS A MUST. PEROGIES ARE A MUST. CHICKEN DISHES ARE AMAZING. ABSOLUTELY OUSTANDINGSpecial Features:
- Little EuropeJackanoryDined on 9/3/2014Feel like youve walked into an European bistro. Very nice ambiance, soft classical music. Waitress was new - first day on the job, and didnt know either the menu, beer or wine list, but she more than made up for her inexperience by her friendly, helpful manner. Beet soup was excellent. Vienna Schnitzel was absolutely superb. The crust was light, crisp and didnt have an oily smell. The beer selection was extensive and quite unusual. Just one thing spoiled what would have been a lovely lunch - there was an older more experienced waiter in the room, but he did not make a single attempt to talk or ask how things were, especially because the waitress was so new and inexperienced. Very standoffish, and surprisingly indifferent, if not rude. Why?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favourite restaurants.luvgoodfoodDined on 9/1/2014Continental Treat is our favourite restaurant for special occasions and catching up with good friends!Special Features:
- Continental TreatBJ52Dined on 8/31/2014Amazing place! Our meal was incredible, I recommend the Dill Pickle soup, love it!! Staff was incredible, very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great RestaurantCheapspeedVIPDined on 8/28/2014Our last night with the kids at summer camp, we visited Continental Treat for a couple's night out. Service was as always impeccable. My wife had her usual schnitzel and I tried the trout this time round. The bowls of soup, particularly my Flaczki was fantastic. They actually serve in large European bowl portions ... maybe next time. Dinner ended with a shared apple strudel with cream and ice-cream. This is one of my favourite restaurant in Edmonton and I'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening Spoiled by Other Patrons.TwytzDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has a varied menu of dishes not usually seen at other establishments. Food was tasty and well prepared. The waitress was a gem, attentive and with a vibrant personality. As is often the case, the restaurant was busy. My past experience has been that patrons usually spoke quietly to each other as befits the romantic atmosphere. Unfortunately there was a table of eight close by. The men in that group had been drinking excessively. They were unnecessarily loud and therefor annoying. Conversation with my guest proved difficult for much of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty treatRaivygravyDined on 8/14/2014Nice little gem of a restaurant. Love the pickle soup. Waiter was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rbfgVIPDined on 8/13/2014Always a great place to host a client lunch. The food is phenominal
- fine Austrian/European mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I had a veal schnitzel (huge -- could have fed two seniors) with pan fried potatoes. The mushroom sauce was extra, but added to the meat's flavor. Sides included were pickled cucumber slices, and shredded pickled beets, and, of course, a slice of light rye bread. With a German Reisling, this was a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Not GreatBusinessAsUsualDined on 8/4/2014For all the hype - I was disappointed. I had the Chicken w/ Shrimp and Potatoes William which was the stand-out dish of the evening, but the Schnitzel and Goulash my family had was only average (whereas the price was premium). The vegetable medley, served with each dish, was nothing more than pickled, shredded carrots and cabbage. A real surprise was the 15% tip added to our 'group' of 4. Although our server was very pleasant and attentive, warranting a tip, I don't like the idea that a tip is assumed before the service is provided. If you're thinking about a romantic night out, there are far better places to go than here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Our experience started out well but we felt that our waitress didn't really make us feel that we were important but was always getting ready to close the restaurant down for rhe night. Our time there was almoat two hours and we didnt have dessert, if we had we wouls have been there over two hours. Maybe this is what your team is trying to achieve I don't know!!? Food was great! I had come there with a friend for lunch and had a great experience thats why I brought my wife and her experience was not good, sorry!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- europaonwhiteDined on 8/3/2014Continental treat is a good place to eat if you are looking for a small, quiet eating place. The food is good as is the service. There is a good selection of vegetarian food. The food is fresh and the portions are just the right size. The staff are polite,knowledgable and friendly without being overbearing. If you want to pretend you are in Europe in Alberta The Continental Treat is the place to go.Special Features:
- Food very tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We were a group of seven. I ordered the hungarian goulash with the spaetzle. It was very tasty. Most of our group enjoyed their meals. Only unfavourable comment from one person was that chicken was a bit dry in the stroganoff dish that she ordered.Special Features:
- Classic charmIndustrySnobDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant is a classic. Old school service and charm. I enjoyed it all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class!nanaDDined on 7/30/2014Had a wonderful evening. Food and service was first class, and it was quiet enough so we could hear each other talk and not have to shout...a real plus. Desserts to die for!Special Features:
- Too Pricey for LunchSusyQDined on 7/28/2014I love the food, especially the chicken soup, but $20 for a CUP of soup and a sandwich is too expensive for lunch.Special Features:
- EnjoyableDiningoutDined on 7/24/2014Had the Dill Pickle soup which is great and the special which was Chicken Stroganoff on spattzle which was very good and had lots of meet. Very filling meal overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MZandMeMZandMeDined on 7/23/2014Unique menu delicious food. Pleasant but open environment. Server was a bit stretched but did okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continental TreatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I was quite happy with my visit there. The ambience on a date was excellent and the service was really great. It was a nice find as it was my first time there. My date is a vegetarian and was able to look over a lot of selections for that. I had the special, which was shrimp and chicken in a white wine cream sauce on rice. It was good except that the chicken in it was way overdone, and had a very dry consistency. For what it is worth, it was quite busy at the time, and the food itself was still very good.Special Features:
- justicejVIPDined on 7/22/2014The reviews are accurate Wonderful food excellent service and quiet so that you can chat . Incidentally 150 beers avaiable . reasonable wine list very Europeans and romantic we will be backSpecial Features:
- great timeOswaldDined on 7/22/2014Enjoyed the food (and beer) very much, the service was friendly and first class. I also enjoyed the baroque music in the background, very relaxing. Definitely one of the nicer spots to go and eat, in fact I'll be there again tomorrow for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like Europe!BigFKahunaDined on 7/19/2014A wonderful dining experience, in fact we could just as easily have been in Europe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great FoodMoemelDined on 7/18/2014We have been dining here for several years and have always had excellent meals. They have an interesting menu with many European favorites, including perogie appetizers and sauerkraut and potato soup. I was pleased to see that they have adapted several of their recipes to be gluten free. I was able to have Chicken Schnitzel in a mushroom gravy which was delicious. We would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Fine diningLuv2finedineDined on 7/14/2014Our special occasion evening was made very special from the time we arrived til the time we left this gem of a restaurant. I try and attend The Continental Treat each time I am in Edmonton and have enjoyed the ambiance, friendly, professional staff and the food has been presented beautifully and everything cooked to perfection. I have attended with girlfriends, family and everyone has enjoyed their experience at The Continental Treat. Congratulations on a job well done. Also booking on line to make a reservation was user friendly and done very quickly with a quick response of confirmation. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Small and comfortable elegant dining room. Lovely selection on the menu. Our party had French onion soup, sauerkraut/potatoe soup and escargot for appetizers. Our entrees were Hungarian goulash, a staple there, and Belgium pork loin all with either the spaetsle ( not sure how to spell it) or dumplings and vegetable medley. Delicious and very generous portions. No way we could have eaten dessert. Everyone had a drink before dinner and with tip the meal was very reasonably priced. we have been before for lunch but never dinner. Service was excellent and the atmosphere is very relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.