1745 East River Road, #165
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatcontigo.com/
- Phone: 5202991730x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Latin / Spanish, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Dana Elyse Montenegro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Contigo Restaurant
Contigo Latin Kitchen is a restaurant with both Latin heart and soul. With only 45 seats, it is one of the most intimate dining spaces in Tucson. Whether for an extended happy hour or a relaxed family dinner, Contigo is the place to meet old friends and make new ones and enjoy the best in modern Latin cuisine.Continued
Stop in to experience unforgettable hospitality, soulful Latin cuisine and refreshing drinks in a hip, urban space.
Stop in to experience unforgettable hospitality, soulful Latin cuisine and refreshing drinks in a hip, urban space.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Contigo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Contigo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (23)romantic (21)good for groups (12)late-night find (7)notable wine list (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Latin FusionTucsonGourmetDined on 9/13/2014Great menu with an interesting mix of dishes from different Latin American countries. Innovative drinks and good selection of wines. Owner was very attentive and answered questions regarding the various dishes. Will need to go back to try the paella and cochino.Special Features:
- GoldilocksDined on 9/13/2014service was great... mango mojitos - amazing... salads were awesome.... ribeye - tough.... scallops - sandy/gritty atmosphere - busy near front of restaurant - not relaxing
- Great sampling of Latin cuisineFoodie2Dined on 9/4/2014I was in town for a few days and looking for a place between downtown and the Skyline area to meet a friend. We liked too many items on the menu so never made it to the main course dishes. We both wish we had been hungrier. I am putting this on my dining list for future trips to Tucson. Also enjoyed the wine by the glass list!Special Features:
- TapasFoodie4lifeDined on 8/31/2014Go for the cocktails. Stay for the tapas! The entrees weren't that impressive to be honest, but the tapas more than made up for that! The Ribeye was really touch and poorly trimmed. It had lots of gristle. The corn sliders were bland and dry. The cocktails, however are made with skill and are very tasty. We had the chef's choice tapa sampler. It is 6 off menu bites. All were amazing. The bacon wrapped dates are also amazing. The mushrooms where really good after we dumped the chimichurri from the bread onto them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Latin American Cusinebw0812VIPDined on 8/22/2014Superb menu with great tasting food. Dined here the night before our trip to Spain because we had heard so many great things about it. It did not disappoint. Wonder service to go along with a wonderful meal..Special Features:
- Always a pleasureAZJSVIPDined on 8/19/2014Contigo is one of our favorite restaurants - the food is unique, well prepared, and delicious. It a special experience that deserves to be repeated over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. GreAt serviceDiningjunkieDined on 8/16/2014Nice and different selection of appetizers salads and mains. Interesting selection of cocktails Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time WOW!jeffDined on 8/15/2014Intimate setting wonderful food... I had the lamb chops. Definitely going again.Special Features:
- Check it outTable42PleaseDined on 8/15/2014Delicious food and drinks. Healthy but not huge portions. Great service. A great date place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in TucsonbleuDined on 8/9/2014Every time I've eaten here the food and service have been outstanding. I can't say enough good things about Contigo. It is Tucson's best-kept secret. It is by far the best food in town. It's absolutely fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LuckyDined on 8/9/2014Fun food choices with lots of flavor! Enjoyed sampling a variety of items on the menu. Excellent choices of cocktails to pair with all the variety of Tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new favoriteswmcDined on 8/6/2014My mom and came in on a quiet weeknight and had a lovely, relaxed dinner. We especially liked the cod and the arepas. It was nice that the music wasn't too loud. Service was excellent. This is the second time we've eaten here and we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- ContigoFoodie1Dined on 8/5/2014Small gem of a place. Great for a romantic evening or for celebrating with a few friends. The staff is friendly and efficient but not overbearing. The open kitchen is fun to watch if you sit in that area. While not having an extensive wine list the ones offered are varied and not what is found in every other restaurant. Lamb Chops and Ribeye are our most favorite and the Elote is so yummy. Save room for dessert, they are so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paella SpecialArizonavisitorDined on 8/5/2014We went for the Tuesday night Paella special and it was excellent. Very pleasant staff, good sangria and paella. Quieter than on weekends. This was our fourth visit, enjoyed them all. Try the small dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over ratedlike2dineDined on 8/1/2014Saw review in foothills magazine, food was ok, at best. service was horrible. slow to get drinks & everything. we won't be back.
- YumSusanVIPDined on 7/26/2014I had one of the best meals ever. Dinner of seared black cod was so delicious. And, something that seems to be hard to achieve...the meal was was hot! Also the food all looked good on the plate. The chard and corn were very good and went well with the fish.Special Features:
- luvRpupsDined on 7/23/2014Unique menu-fresh herbed drinks vibrant tastes. Looking for quality in a quaint upscale setting-this is it. We liked everything we ordered- the portions were large and we took extra home. We will be back with friends...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bmeleEATSDined on 7/19/2014Contigo is a well run restaurant with fun finds on the menu, as well as great sangria! A must see.Special Features:
- Amazing food!TUSKIDLuvs2dineinAZDined on 7/17/2014Love this restaurant! Walked in, was greeted by the owner Deborah, immediately felt welcomed!! Selected a variety of tapas, a great way to sample some of the amazing creations! The ceviche, THE BEST either of us ever had even on the beaches in Mex or CA! The Sangria was awesome! Contiqo's food continues to get better with the menu changing each time I am there. Our server, though pleasant wasn't as attentive as we felt she should have been. Also when we asked to take the leftovers the small bit of ceviche left was not included, bummer. Highly recommend Contigo for full dining or late night appetizers/drinks. This place is small yet MIGHTY & should not be the best kept secret!!!Special Features:
- Disappointing paellaNicknameVIPDined on 7/15/2014We had a fabulous meal a few evenings ago at Contigo so we invited friends to join us to go again. It was paella evening and we all enthusiastically ordered it. There were very few shellfish in it and the rice was pretty bland, have had much tastier paellas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnergsquare12Dined on 7/12/2014WE were met at the door with a "Happy Anniversary" and served a complimentary champagne when seated. The service was excellent. Many options for food and all that we tried were excellent. Noise level is high but adds to an exciting atmosphere. We will definitely return and recommend Contigo.Special Features:
- Good, Good FoodLuvgoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014As always our dinner at Contigo was fantastic. I never have the same thing because there are so many good things to have. We always have a great time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and well-prepared menuNicknameVIPDined on 7/12/2014We were very impressed with the unique menu items including drinks. We enjoyed every sip and every bite. It is a small, intimate space so reservations might be a good idea!Special Features:
- Under the RadarGourmetGhettoGoerVIPDined on 7/10/2014Contigo could be the best but least known restaurant in Tucson. It should definitely be in every foodie's rotation. The food is gourmet Latin American cuisine. Every dish is extremely flavory and lovingly prepared and presented. I cannot tell you how good the Aji tequilla marinated crispy black cod with choclo corn, swiss chard and chili oil was. It is simply one of the best fish dishes I have ever had. Everything is first rate from the appetizers (we had the tapas sampler) to the dessert (I had the chocolate/cinnamon cake that had a kick) to the beverages (the creative cocktails we had are top shelf as was the cabernet/malbec wine-by-the-glass). Hopefully now that Contigo is on Open Table it will attract more diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok1starVIPDined on 7/2/2014it was really loud, service was spotty - no pepper, forgot to bring silverwear with the meal, had to ask a 2nd time for knife, no desert menu, hard to understand the waiter with all the noise. Long drive for middle of the road.Special Features:
- A Tucson Gem!AZJSVIPDined on 7/1/2014Contigo is a special place - it is a small restaurant with big food. The cuisine is latin fusion and everything is wonderful. You can make an entire meal out of the appetizer tapas. The entrees are varied and well prepared. We had the summer paella and wine special which is a fabulous deal and delicious - we added the excellent tomatillo poblano gazpacho and the unbelievable dulce de leche sundae - a perfect meal!Special Features:
- Interesting Menu!DesertjoDined on 6/26/2014Another great meal at Contigo! Terrific menu. The tapas were outstanding, especially the ceviche. The mixed drinks we excellent. Service was attentive without hovering. All four entrees were enjoyed by all! Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly hits but one missJimSDined on 6/24/2014My wife and I went on the spur of the moment after having read a positive revue in a local paper. We started with mojitos and the appetizer plate of five separate tastes. Both of there were excellent but sadly we selected the paella special with a bottle of sangria. First the good, the sangria was excellent. But then came the paella which suffered from dry overcooked chicken breast rather than the skin-on thigh which I have had in other paellas. The shrimp were a little bit overcooked as well and the sausage such as there was did not have the spicy taste I would have expected. The service and deserts were excellent but the paella did not measure up. I give them four stars but it could have easily been two or three. I liked the room.Special Features:
- Mixed bagagoodeaterVIPDined on 6/20/2014We really wanted to like this restaurant, and with some tweaks, it could really be outstanding. Loved the grilled romaine salad, but half of it was over-dressed while the other half was naked. The sangria was only a half-full glass' worth, and almost all ice - for $8, there should have been more than 5 sips. We've had tapas in Spain, and croutons do NOT count as a tapa (making up 20% of the appetizer plate). The duck tacos dish was mostly rice, beans, and cabbage. It was interesting for a first time, but we won't be back.Special Features:
- Always a treatTravelingManVIPDined on 5/28/2014Contigo never fails, always a treat to dine there! Very authentic Latin cuisine and best mojito in town! Kudos to Deborah Tenino!Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014The food was delicious and well prepared. The menu was inventive and had a good variety. Excellent wine list and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCLJAKOVIPDined on 5/23/2014We had not gone to Contigo in a while and were really looking forward to returning. While there was nothing really bad, there was nothing very good either. The food was average, at best, really slipping from what had been one of the better and more unique restaurants in Tucson. The arepas were dried out-like eating stale, corn-based English muffins. The short ribs tacos were so-so as was one of the now forgotten appetizers we tried. The wine list was a good selection of wines at the usual restaurant mark-ups. However, don't use the restaurant's web page to see what you might select: it is woefully out of date--not representative of what is available or even the price range. On the plus side, the service was very good.
- The following 1 reviews are from the Contigo Restaurant reviews archive.
- Delicious Latin foodloveLatinfoodDined on 5/16/2014Loved the food here! Everything was so tasty. We will definitely ve back to Contigo again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.